+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 21 Traits of Being a Loner..

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

Default 21 Traits of Being a Loner..

Do you prefer to spend time on your own? Check out these 21 personality traits associated with people who prefer to be alone:

#1 – They Possess an Incredible Emotional Strength
    Spending time with their own thoughts and feelings, loners are able to accept, identify and understand their emotions. This empowers them to better understand how to deal with them, managing their emotions in even the most difficult of situations. This is a strength that others will admire.

#2 – They Are Naturally Empathetic
    Not only are people who prefer to be alone more in touch with their own feelings, they are also more in touch with the thoughts, feelings, and emotions of others around them. This ability to identify, acknowledge and experience the feelings of others is both a blessing and a curse, providing them with the tools to care for others on a deeper level.

#3 – They Have a Strong Moral Compass
    People who prefer to spend time alone often have a very clear idea of what they deem to be right and wrong. Taking the time to genuinely think through and analyze any situation that they find themselves in, they can apply this moral compass to their decision with an incredible level of accuracy.

#4 – They Are Open-Minded
    Contrary to popular belief, those that enjoy spending time alone don’t do so due to possessing a mind closed off to the ways of the world around them. In fact, they often love new experiences and different ways of viewing the world, they just prefer to do so at their own pace and on their own time.

#5 – They Don’t Need Peer Acceptance
    If you look at the world around us, you can’t deny that the human population has hit a point where the acceptance and respect of our peers are sought after above all else. Popularity and acceptance have become the earmark of success, which is a dangerous standard to live by. Those who prefer to be alone don’t need this acceptance to the same degree, learning to create their own sense of self-worth separate from the views of those around them.

#6 – They Admit Their Imperfections
    Loners aren’t worried about trying to create a perfect appearance for the world around them, in fact, they are comfortable admitting that they are not perfect, no one in the world is. This is an incredibly powerful way of viewing the world as acknowledging your imperfections is the first step to personal growth in these areas.

#7 – They Prefer the Company of Other Intellectuals
    When someone prefers to be alone much of their time, they are selective in regard to who they associate with and what they consider to be worth their time. Uninterested in small talk or meaningless conversation, loners prefer the company of those who can match them intellectually, challenging their thinking.

#8 – They Value Their Time
    People who prefer to spend time on their own understand the true value of time, an asset in our lives that many overlook. Not only do they value their own time, they respect and value the time of others, always showing up on time, and never wasting anyone’s time in any situation.

#9 – They Have a Strong Sense of Intuition
    Each of us has been blessed with a sense of intuition, however, those that are truly the most gifted in this area of their lives are the ones that are able to listen and tap into these gut feelings. Those that prefer to be alone spend more time getting to know themselves, and with that they come to understand, recognize and tap into this intuition.

#10 – They Are Highly Loyal
    Just because someone prefers to be alone, that doesn’t mean that they don’t see the value of friendship. In fact, they are generally more selective of the friends that they will allow into their circle, placing an incredibly high value on the people they hold dear. This creates a loyalty that is unmatched.

#11 – They Are Independent
    While there is nothing wrong with getting close to others, and turning to friends and family in your time of need, there is a line that has become increasingly difficult to identify. This line distinguishes between connecting with others and actual dependence. Learning to face the world on their own, loners don’t NEED others in their lives, they choose to have them around.

#12 – They Have Strong, Well-Thought-Out Opinions on the World
    A misconception often associated with those that prefer to be alone is that they lack an opinion on many of the matters that occur around them, which is why they choose not to express one. In fact, as they sit back assessing the world, and practicing a high degree of introspection, these individuals develop incredibly strong and well-thought-out opinions of the world. The difference is that they don’t always share them with just anyone and everyone.

#13 – They Are Incredibly Self-Aware
    Many people in life allow their minds to be overrun by the busy, frantic thoughts of their day and the opinions of people around them. Those who prefer to be alone, however, spend a great deal of time alone with their own thoughts which allows them to develop a level of self-awareness that others may not even believe to be possible.

#14 – They Radiate Kindness and Compassion
    By stepping back and looking at the world around them from the outside, those that are alone are able to see the world in a different lens, one that is more in tune to the needs of those around them. This allows them to reach out and touch others in a way that spreads love and care.

#15 – They Respect Healthy Boundaries
    Loners value the roles that others play in their lives, however, they also understand that there needs to be clear, healthy boundaries in place in order to protect both themselves and everyone else involved. They will respect your boundaries; however, they expect that same respect in return.

#16 – They Are Extremely Courageous
    These people aren’t afraid to stand up alone in the world, demonstrating a courage and confidence that others admire. Regardless of what life may hand them, they are prepared to face it on their own without giving up or backing down.

#17 – They Are Level-Headed
    Due to their incredible awareness and ability to focus, these individuals are the people you want around you in a time of crisis. Rather than becoming overwhelmed, they are able to view the situation with a calm, rational, level-headed mindset, quickly finding an effective solution.

#18 – They Understand the Importance of Self Love
    It is a concept that so many people overlook, but one that is necessary to find true happiness, or to form happy, healthy relationships. Before you can genuinely love others, you must first learn to love yourself. They take the time to get to know themselves, discover the areas of their personalities that they love and find reasons to truly love themselves each and every day.

#19 – They Seek Meaningful Romantic Relationships
    While some people may genuine struggle with the idea of being single, moving from failed relationship to failed relationship, those who prefer to be alone place a higher value on the importance of finding the ‘right’ person. They aren’t interested in wasting their time dating for the sake of dating. Instead, they have a strong idea of what they are looking for in a partner, and they are willing to hold out until they find the person that meets all their needs.

#20 – They Are Aware of Both Their Strengths AND Their Weaknesses
    The downfall of so many people in today’s society is our habit of overexaggerating our strengths while remaining blind to our weaknesses. Loners take the time to know themselves better than most, developing a clear, concise understanding of all aspects of their personalities including acknowledging and understanding both their strengths and weaknesses.

#21 – They Are Highly Reliable
    They aren’t quick to volunteer for things, preferring the safety and comfort of their own home and their own company. For this reason, if they give their word that they are going to do something for you, they have thought it through and they are fully prepared to commit. Always one to stand by their word, you can rest assured that they won’t let you down.
    http://awarenessact.com/people-who-p...ty-traits/?=tt

can't believe i got nearly all of them and 2 of them think about...yes, i'm a loner nobody to share and view differently but those trait so closed to be being awakening person.
    Last edited by apokalypse; 25th February 2018 at 13:44.

2. The Following 41 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th February 2018), Blacklight43 (25th February 2018), bluestflame (25th February 2018), BMJ (26th February 2018), Bo Atkinson (15th March 2018), Carmody (13th March 2018), Cidersomerset (13th March 2018), Circe (13th March 2018), David Trd1 (28th February 2018), DeDukshyn (25th February 2018), drneglector (25th February 2018), enigma3 (26th February 2018), Eric J (Viking) (25th February 2018), Ewan (25th February 2018), gaiagirl (26th February 2018), genevieve (25th February 2018), Hym (25th February 2018), jc71 (25th February 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (26th February 2018), KiwiElf (25th February 2018), Krist (25th February 2018), Lifebringer (27th February 2018), Lone Bean (25th February 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (14th March 2018), meeradas (13th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th February 2018), Nasu (27th February 2018), O Donna (27th February 2018), Ol' Roy (25th February 2018), Olam (25th February 2018), Omi (25th February 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), petra (14th March 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018), pueblo (13th March 2018), Rawhide68 (28th February 2018), Reinhard (26th February 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (14th March 2018), sijohn (25th February 2018), Stephanie (25th February 2018), Wind (25th February 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,692 times in 8,940 posts

Default Re: 21 Traits of Being a Loner..

I have almost all the caracteristics and yet I am not a loner.

May be we should discuss all those tests and reports on the internet that have no validity except getting likes and moree circulation on facebook, youtube, etc.

If read or tested only for fun, it is great. But I would not give much credibility to those.

It is a complete differrnt story with the MBTI test (personality) or IQ tests or others similar which have been tested over and over again.

The author says she tested it. Yet, my experience shows differently (we all know some unbearable grouchy loners for example. And we all know some great loners. And you have those like me who are not fundamentally loners yet have almost all the caracteristics described.

I think her study is flawed v
    Last edited by Flash; 25th February 2018 at 14:07.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

BMJ (26th February 2018), jc71 (25th February 2018), Michi (25th February 2018), O Donna (27th February 2018), Olam (25th February 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), petra (14th March 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Lone Bean's Avatar
    Thanks

Incredible! Every one is me.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lone Bean For This Post:

BMJ (26th February 2018), jc71 (25th February 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018), Unicorn (26th February 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Reads like a horoscope, all good traits that we all would like to see our self's as having. I would like to see my self with all of these also but, they're broad and all encompassing and altruistic . Things are not one or the other ,they're a mixture of many, depending on the day the time and the place, and the most important of all is how we see are selves.

the 3 rule apply , WHO YOU ARE , WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE ,WHO YOU THINK OTHERS THINK YOU ARE.
    Last edited by ramus; 25th February 2018 at 20:13.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

BMJ (26th February 2018), Flash (26th February 2018), jc71 (25th February 2018), O Donna (27th February 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), petra (14th March 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018), wondering (25th February 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,403 times in 258 posts

Hi Apokalypse,

Wow what a list!

I would say I have most of those traits, and I would consider myself a loner. Strangely, however, if you asked anyone else who knows me, they probably wouldn't say I was one. I find it very easy to speak to almost anyone, and people assume I easily make friends on that basis, but I don't. I have a very small circle of friends.

"Loner" seems to have negative connotations, but I always look at it as a good thing. Whether I am right or not is another matter, and I am probably biased if I think myself as one

Thanks for posting.

JC

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jc71 For This Post:

BMJ (26th February 2018), Flash (26th February 2018), Hym (25th February 2018), Nasu (27th February 2018), O Donna (27th February 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,043 times in 911 posts

21 traits of being.....the traits that love shows....internally and externally.
    I wouldn't use the word "loner" either.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hym For This Post:

BMJ (26th February 2018), enigma3 (26th February 2018), Flash (26th February 2018), jc71 (26th February 2018), mojo (25th February 2018), O Donna (27th February 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,648 times in 1,409 posts

Most of these "traits" would need you to be around people to even notice them lol

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Spiral For This Post:

BMJ (26th February 2018), DeDukshyn (25th February 2018), Flash (26th February 2018), Hym (26th February 2018), jc71 (26th February 2018), KiwiElf (25th February 2018), mojo (25th February 2018), O Donna (27th February 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), Orph (27th February 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,206 times in 437 posts

It's by the way a very effective click-bait and thus is used by renown magazines.
    Like for example, "The 20 points geniuses have in common."
    Often the answers are written in a way so most people can identify with.
    Another pair of shoes would be an IQ or aptitude test and even with those, the results may vary depending on the mood of the subject at testing time.
    Last edited by Michi; 25th February 2018 at 21:23. Reason: grammar
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

BMJ (26th February 2018), Flash (26th February 2018), Hym (26th February 2018), jc71 (26th February 2018), O Donna (27th February 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018), Spiral (26th February 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Spiral (here)
    Most of these "traits" would need you to be around people to even notice them lol

Haha!

However ... I don't think "not being around people" = "loner". I consider myself a loner, but I always have to be around people, and I can freely strike up a conversation with anyone -- I am not shy at all. Where I feel the 'loner" definition comes in is that I most often prefer to not have a lot of social interaction in my life. I check my email and facebook about once a week and just briefly. I find most people incredibly self limited and I do not want to waste any resources (time) hearing about how their self limitations is causing them problems. I don't like their drama and I don't want their drama ... "leave me alone unless you have something relevant to express". etc.

... but to be clear I am not a shy person.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 26th February 2018 at 23:58. Reason: spelling / grammar
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th February 2018), BMJ (26th February 2018), Flash (26th February 2018), Lifebringer (27th February 2018), O Donna (27th February 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018), Spiral (26th February 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 times in 404 posts

I enjoy being alone but I am not a loner. Nothing like personal quiet time.
    Now, if you would lie to experience a different aloneness, settle in to the observer. Delicious.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th February 2018), BMJ (26th February 2018), Flash (26th February 2018), jc71 (26th February 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

The list makes me think of the "Old Soul" typology from the Michael Teachings (Yarbro).
    Maybe not exactly the same, but quite close.
    Thanks for posting.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

BMJ (26th February 2018), Carmody (13th March 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

I too have always been "loner."

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

BMJ (8th March 2018), pleitecas (27th February 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by devplan (here)
    It's by the way a very effective click-bait and thus is used by renown magazines.
    Another pair of shoes would be an IQ or aptitude test and even with those, the results may vary depending on the mood of the subject at testing time.
    You should write a post titled "10 ways to spot Clickbait"

Clickbait, I swear, is the modern digital version of National Enquirer or Star.
    Knock Knock

26. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

BMJ (8th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,316 times in 10,234 posts

Quote Posted by Keyholder (here)
    The list makes me think of the "Old Soul" typology from the Michael Teachings (Yarbro).
    Maybe not exactly the same, but quite close.
    Thanks for posting.
    I was going to mention that: these are the traits (generally) of an old soul.
    Interdimensional Civil Servant

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Carmody For This Post:

BMJ (13th March 2018), Bo Atkinson (15th March 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (13th March 2018), onevoice (13th March 2018), petra (14th March 2018), pueblo (13th March 2018), thunder24 (25th April 2018), Wind (14th March 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

My friend , You nailed it.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Circe For This Post:

BMJ (13th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by O Donna (here)

I LOL'd. Devplan has a very good point.

Speaking of swearing... I had someone tell me that cursing a lot is as a sign of intelligence. Sign of Tourette's, maybe... If that's really true, I wonder what's making all the smart people swear so much.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to petra For This Post:

O Donna (14th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,158 times in 1,663 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    Quote Posted by O Donna (here)

I LOL'd. Devplan has a very good point.

Speaking of swearing... I had someone tell me that cursing a lot is as a sign of intelligence. Sign of Tourette's, maybe... If that's really true, I wonder what's making all the smart people swear so much.
    A false prophet, psychic or what have you is the manifestation of clickbait in human form.

Generalizations, otherwise known as 'pick your poison'.

Lists, on the surface, do not appears to fit the definition of generalizations until magnification.

I spy
    I spy
    I spy your magnify
    Knock Knock

34. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

petra (15th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread