Thread: I was sent a letter from President Donald Trump today

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

Default Re: I was sent a letter from President Donald Trump today

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)
    Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    Keep up the good work Jagman!
    Please ignore the venomous serpents who have crawled into your thread.
    Those who can do, those who can not spread vitriol and dissent.
    The only venom I see here, frankly, is your attack on a perfectly neutral and diplomatic post, and your aggressive attempt to divide us.

Can't we disagree on amicable terms? Calling fellow members names is spreading vitriol and dissent. Don't be a hypocrite.
    Indeed. That kind of a response was immature and uncalled for. If that isn't a vitriolic message itself then I don't know what is. Venomous serpents, seriously? Frankly I am quite disappointed when I see what kind of behaviour is showing here on Avalon too after the most divisive US presidential elections ever. I thought that we are above this political ideology-game which has made America even more chaotic. I'll spare the critic here, but this forum is certainly biased on some ways.

I am glad that you are happy about receiving that letter, Jagman. At least you tried to inform people about important matters.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

jagman (3rd March 2018), justntime2learn (3rd March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Tam (3rd March 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    United States Avalon Member jagman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,253 times in 1,895 posts

Thank you for your response WInd. William Forschen author of (One Second After) estimates, using government numbers we would loose 90% of our population in the first year after our grid goes down. Roughly 340 million people dead! Also if the US goes down, so will Mexico & Canada and so many more! We all are looking at a real life Walking Dead scenario ( minus the zombies)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jagman For This Post:

BMJ (4th March 2018), justntime2learn (3rd March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), muxfolder (3rd March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Wind (3rd March 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,880 times in 2,121 posts

I've been trading emails with my state representative informing her of the conversations I've had with numerous deputies as well as other law enforcement officials.

My state representative is Sherrie Sprenger who served as Oregon State Police.

I informed her that all law enforcement I spoke to had never heard of ASPD and certainly weren't trained to understand or deal with sociopaths of which most their business comes from IMHO.

This post motivated me to write mr. President and inform him of the shortcomings of some.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

BMJ (4th March 2018), jagman (3rd March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Wind (3rd March 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

I wrote President Nixon when I was a child and received a letter.

I wrote Barack Obama a letter with no response:https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...er#post1070061

It feels like any response or lack thereof is telling?
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 3rd March 2018 at 20:42.
    “To develop a complete mind: Study the art of science; study the science of art. Learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else” – Leonardo Da Vinci

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

BMJ (4th March 2018), DNA (4th March 2018), jagman (3rd March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Wind (3rd March 2018)

9. Link to Post #45
    Thanks

Funny, do you remember how Tricky Dick answered back to your question about the price of candy?
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

jagman (3rd March 2018), justntime2learn (3rd March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,524 times in 32,788 posts

I'd guess it's highly likely that any letter to any White House in the last 20 years would be opened automatically, scanned automatically, OCR'd automatically, checked automatically for certain keywords (such as threats), and then replied to automatically.

I'd bet several cups of good that no human ever reads anything, unless it's specially flagged from the keywords.

To test the hypothesis, write to him again, but this time in your own handwriting. If I'm right, you'll not get a reply. The automation won't be smart enough to read what you wrote, or to capture the name and address.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (4th March 2018), DNA (4th March 2018), Isserley (5th March 2018), jagman (3rd March 2018), justntime2learn (3rd March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Tintin (5th March 2018), Valerie Villars (4th March 2018), Wind (5th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #47
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Funny, do you remember how Tricky Dick answered back to your question about the price of candy?
    Are you talking about 'price' or another ?

Desperately working on my Avalonian ...
    Last edited by justntime2learn; 3rd March 2018 at 21:44.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to justntime2learn For This Post:

jagman (3rd March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), Wind (5th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #48
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,731 times in 4,313 posts

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    RE: I assume you're referring to those who pointed out that Jagman received form letter from the White House Communications agency?
    The posters apologized several times for busting Jagman's bubble. So being polite is part of their response.
    I guess I missed the vitriol. All I could see in the posts pointing this out was truth.
    Since when did honesty become cause for anger and name calling around here, DNA?

Good try though, Jagman. Your heart's in the right place.

Brian

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

BMJ (4th March 2018), jagman (4th March 2018), justntime2learn (4th March 2018), KiwiElf (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), O Donna (4th March 2018), RunningDeer (5th March 2018), Wind (5th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #49
    Australia Avalon Member TigaHawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,103 times in 742 posts

You guy's do realise that Australia has agreed to give the US 2.3 Trillion (taken directly from our pension funds, mind you) that the US is going to supposedly invest back into their infrastructure?

That letter is a copy and paste. The only thing they'd replace is the name of the gamily / person and the address at the top. Kinda sad you got excited over it.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TigaHawk For This Post:

Isserley (5th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #50
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    RE: I assume you're referring to those who pointed out that Jagman received form letter from the White House Communications agency?
    The posters apologized several times for busting Jagman's bubble. So being polite is part of their response.
    I guess I missed the vitriol. All I could see in the posts pointing this out was truth.
    Since when did honesty become cause for anger and name calling around here, DNA?

Good try though, Jagman. Your heart's in the right place.

Brian

This is the classiest post I've seen around here in a long time. I believe it has raised the level of discourse on this thread immeasurably.
    Thanks!
    Namaste,
    Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

jagman (6th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), RunningDeer (5th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #51
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Quote Posted by TigaHawk (here)
    You guy's do realise that Australia has agreed to give the US 2.3 Trillion (taken directly from our pension funds, mind you) that the US is going to supposedly invest back into their infrastructure?

That letter is a copy and paste. The only thing they'd replace is the name of the gamily / person and the address at the top. Kinda sad you got excited over it.
    Well, at least you guys are calling it an investment and offering expertise in infrastructure expensing. So good on you. The Japanese, who hold $1.1 trillion of US debt, and the Chinese, who hold a further $1.2 trillion in IOUs are, so far, passively waiting for the payback dates.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

BMJ (5th March 2018), jagman (6th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #52
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Congratulations! It's that intrinsic value that our soul feels when we do something good that is of value.

I'm so happy for you, Jagman!

That's how we build Integrity.

The fact that you did it is the greatest factor about this whole thing.
    You are an inspiration!

Now, I'm going to have to write to someone and take action that way. I've been procrastinating.

"The pen is mightier than the sword."

The intentional energy is powerful. Putting a thought to paper manifests spirit (ideas) into reality (ink and paper). There's something scientifically valuable that is subtle beyond most of our recognition and comprehension.

Way to go!
    MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 5th March 2018 at 01:48.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

BMJ (5th March 2018), DNA (6th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (5th March 2018), Iloveyou (5th March 2018), jagman (6th March 2018), justntime2learn (5th March 2018), KiwiElf (5th March 2018), RunningDeer (5th March 2018), Wind (5th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Quote Posted by justntime2learn (here)
    Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Are you talking about 'price' or another ?

Desperately working on my Avalonian ...
    Yes, price as you asked Nixon about it, right?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

jagman (6th March 2018), justntime2learn (6th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 3