+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Practical Living on Planet Earth

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Practical Living on Planet Earth

Short and sweet but earnest.

I would be so happy to go trail riding on a daily basis, but have been practically warned not to go by myself (with my horse) at a state park. So, is this sound advice on practical earth living and if it's practical earth living, then am I not succombing (sp?) to the fear part; that which we have shed or are shedding? I am serious about this. I just want to ride my horse. Is this dangerous in the current climate or not?

Where is the line between living in no fear and understanding there are some weird things going on out there? I really am asking. How are we supposed to navigate this stuff? Bill can go hiking in the middle of nowhere and I have thus far done very solitary things in nature. Being aware of the danger out there (humans and not animals), then seriously, how is one to proceed?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Art (5th March 2018), Bob (5th March 2018), dynamo (5th March 2018), ghostrider (5th March 2018), Iloveyou (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), petra (5th March 2018), toppy (5th March 2018), william r sanford72 (5th March 2018), wondering (5th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Default Re: Practical Living on Planet Earth

No fear is a protection. Maintain the vibration of love.

Follow your intuition.

Trust yourself.

I walked around in the forest where I lived by myself and practiced the love vibration. (Even the same day I saw a bear when I drove by it in my driveway coming home from work.) Only do it if it feels right.

Later, the energy changed. That was because killer dogs moved in down the road and they killed a deer, and possibly my little girl kitty who never came home. Then I knew it was not ok.

I wouldn't go if I felt nervousness or fear.

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 5th March 2018 at 01:57.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

DeDukshyn (6th March 2018), dynamo (5th March 2018), Iloveyou (5th March 2018), justntime2learn (5th March 2018), onevoice (5th March 2018), Rich (5th March 2018), toppy (5th March 2018), Valerie Villars (5th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,800 times in 6,634 posts

fear is generated by the human being ... know yourself , see things as they are , walk in the light , live your life , fear only has the power you give it ... the still small voice inside you can guide you , if you learn to pay attention to it ...
    Raiding the Matrix One Mind at a Time ...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ghostrider For This Post:

happyuk (5th March 2018), Iloveyou (5th March 2018), Michelle Marie (5th March 2018), toppy (5th March 2018), Valerie Villars (5th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 times in 283 posts

Love vibration is definitely the way to go but you need also to be a little more prepared.. make sure you have in your backpack some emergency survival kit, maybe even some flares. Also make sure you have at least some kind of protection, maybe some pepper spray or at least a knife (the Rambo kind!). Finally if you can even take a dog with you then that would be ideal because they can sense things that we can’t, and sometimes that extra moment of awareness on your end can be to your advantage.
    Last edited by Jad; 5th March 2018 at 05:52.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jad For This Post:

Valerie Villars (5th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

there's a lot of evil s**t going on out there and one needs to be aware of it; putting one's self ignorantly in harm's way and thinking that just thinking "pleasant positive thoughts" will protect one will get an unpleasant surprise-

we need to believe that an incredible evil is out there (in all aspects of our lives) and the only way to avoid this is to inform one's self before of the dangers of whatever adventure one wants to undertake and then use extreme caution; the world out there is not what we've been told it is- it's a bit more sinister, sadly-

to put one's self blithy in harm's way thinking "if I think pleasant, happy, positive thoughts it will protect me" will have a rude awakening (if they're able to wake up afterwards)

please don't misunderstand me; I'm all for positive thoughts- I think them daily- but the only thing that has every changed anything for better or worse is when people take "action"-

evil-doers don't think twice about taking action but good people just sitting around thinking happy, positive thoughts haven't changed much-

as Einstein said (paraphrase): "the evil-doers aren't the problem; the problem is good people who do nothing to stop them"

with all utmost due respect @Michele Marie and all other readers: I just think we need to take a closer look at our reality (illusion?) and reassess our situation on this planet- not an easy task-

please be well all-

Larry

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Bob (5th March 2018), Valerie Villars (5th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,895 times in 765 posts

Larry, it's because of the underlying negative thoughts that could still be there and we don't look at.
    So it's about how honest we are about our beliefs, if we think that something bad could happen then better not go because we could create it.
    But if we know that nothing bad is gonna happen then it wont, because you create whatever happens to you.

12. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

The image of someone happily riding along on their horse with a can of toxic spray attached to them is making me want to facepalm. Maybe you need a WAR HORSE...

I won't go for walks alone because of coyotes and bears, and I don't think I am being excessively fearful. I just don't want to get mauled by a coyote.

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,710 times in 8,942 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Short and sweet but earnest.

I would be so happy to go trail riding on a daily basis, but have been practically warned not to go by myself (with my horse) at a state park. So, is this sound advice on practical earth living and if it's practical earth living, then am I not succombing (sp?) to the fear part; that which we have shed or are shedding? I am serious about this. I just want to ride my horse. Is this dangerous in the current climate or not?

Where is the line between living in no fear and understanding there are some weird things going on out there? I really am asking. How are we supposed to navigate this stuff? Bill can go hiking in the middle of nowhere and I have thus far done very solitary things in nature. Being aware of the danger out there (humans and not animals), then seriously, how is one to proceed?
    there is fear ... and fear.

the body will automatically get into fear for its own preservation. In 3 D, this is an ok fear, it protects. However, yes, it gets ones energies down if kept on the long run.

Most of our fears are imaginary, we create them. And they in turn create our surroundings. Those fears, based on false beliefs, should not exist.

Then there is the total absence of fear. Advance beings do not ever fear, because they know they create reality in this 3D. They also know that they are eternal, uncorriptible, and creators. Fear, at that level,
    is entirely gone, non existent.
    Last edited by Flash; 6th March 2018 at 02:07.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Valerie Villars (5th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Well, there are environmental conditions and there are predators.

Environmental conditions can encompass events like freak storms (lightning up on the top of the mountain), or up north, an awful wind off the Bay that brings Arctic cold in a mere 5 minutes time.. Not checking long range weather maps for fronts can lead to a surprise and a potentially lethal situation.. Here in mid Colorado, the mountains are some of the highest which entice hikers. A freak snowstorm can come in in the middle of July, and create a slick surface and off one can slide..

On the trails absolutely bears, coyotes, and cougars/mountain lions.. Even in the hills behind the Los Angeles "HollyWood" sign.. People have moved into an area which predators normally hunt, and the predators won't change necessarily because humans are now there.. If anything humans' pets offer "easy pickins" for the predators..

I can report many times the black/brown bears in Colorado are looking into one's windows, and an open window can be an easy entry for any predator. Numerous time one can wake up with a bear in one's pantry, or a bear inside one's car - (both end up trashed and totaled.) A large dog is a good suggestion if it is trained to be with you and protect you and not go running off.

The human predators - My Sheriff who taught the conceal carry suggested one have the largest weapon one can have that they are trained and comfortable with.. The course was conducted at our local Church - everyone was "packing" and nobody had any issue.. We all understand the madness in the "human predator" that respects NO LIFE, and will gladly take a life to suit whatever psychotic aberration, or "hunger" drives them. My Sheriff also suggested be willing to come to terms with "killing a predator", and he didn't differentiate which type, 4 footed or 2.

It seems to me, to protect oneself from a predator is not wrong when one believes one's life is in imminent danger. It seems to me to have to HIDE from a predator (in fear) I believe is wrong (Colorado statues say you do NOT have to retreat/hide). There is no peaceful medium when WE are viewed as food, or if riding, if our steed is viewed as food by a predator. There is a phenomena happening, and that is 'predators' are becoming more embolden - by NOT taking action soon enough to cull that particular "style" of predator, the one who continually instinctively acts like it will "get away with it" the predator invades..(that is the situation with the coyotes in the mountains in LA and Colorado). It's quite different in Colorado - the Sheriff's in general recommend everyone who wants peace and security and safety, get trained, and do register for conceal carry. Don't hesitate to be highly trained and aware has been the recommendation of all things, given in Church..

references - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2018/01/2...oyote-attacks/

Quote coyotes have killed 11 pets in town, and there have been 40 attacks.

Town officials are working with the Colorado Parks and Wildlife to protect pets and warn residents. 36 dogs have been killed around the area of Telleen Avenue and Jasper Road. Some dogs have been up to 45 pounds.
    ref - http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/lion_attacks.html -

Quote From 1986 through 1995, nine verified attacks occurred (on humans), an average rate of almost one per year. Attacks were numerous enough to form a support group for attack victims, called California Lion Awareness (CLAW; Outside, 10/95).

Mountain lion sightings have increased dramatically as well, from 59 in 1991 to over 300 in 1994 in California.
    ref - (recent) https://www.telluridenews.com/news/a...65e1cfc1e.html

Quote Recent bear break-ins have law enforcement worried
    Lock lower level windows and doors if you don’t want a hairy, late night visitor
    Because the bear has learned a dangerous behavior, it cannot be moved to another area if trapped. (it is killed because of the brazen activity).
    ref - https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-in-your-midst

Quote 3 Signs of an Inconspicuous Predator in Your Midst
    People who can spot predators are ignored for reasons similar to those that blind many people to these offenders in the first place—distortion and denial. Predators count on it, especially in those rare times when someone is savvy enough to spot them and try to alert others.

The fact is, we're often just not prepared to accept that evil can get so close to us. Among their most dangerous features are a callous disregard for the rights of others and a propensity for violating norms. They can charm and manipulate others for their own gain, conning with no regard for anyone's feelings.
    ref - http://www.wildbackpacker.com/wilder...ghtning-storm/

Quote Surviving a Lightning Storm
    Lightning safety while backpacking, hiking, or camping (Horseback riders need to know this too)

As many as 24,000 people are killed annually by lightning strikes, with a yearly average of more than 50 fatalities in the United States. While up to 90% of strike victims survive, nearly 80% of survivors sustain serious, life-long effects such as neurological and internal injuries.

Injuries don’t only occur from a direct strike by a lightning bolt, but also by making contact with an object electrified by lightning such as metal or the ground, as well as explosions or fires caused by the strike.

Although the odds of you being injured are slim, it’s essential for everyone, especially hikers, backpackers, and campers, to learn and understand lightning safety.
    ref - https://www.rangitschbrosrv.com/blog...ngers-wildlife (camping, hiking, riding in bear country)

Quote There are many different techniques to use if a bear encounter becomes dangerous. First and foremost, whenever you are in bear country be sure to carry bear pepper spray at all times!

Properly using bear spray when defending against a bear reduces the number of bears killed in self defense, reduces the number of human injuries, and doesn’t cause the bear any long term damage. If a grizzly bear charges remain standing and direct your pepper spray at the charging bear.
    ref - https://www.csindy.com/coloradosprin...nt?oid=7441641 (concealed carry)

Quote El Paso County Sheriff Bill Elder, a staunch supporter of gun rights, says, “I fully support the concealed handgun permit program and am proud to state we have over 46,000 citizens of El Paso County who understand these rights and exercise them lawfully by obtaining a CHP [concealed handgun permit] through my office.”

Likewise, Colorado Springs Police Department spokesperson Lt. Howard Black notes the “vast majority” of concealed carry permit holders are law abiding citizens who don’t pose problems for law enforcement.
    ref - https://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/3...ke-my-day-law/ (Castle doctrine, when a predator threatens your life, or invades your home or vehicle)

Quote Colorado’s “Make My Day” law gives gun owners the right to shoot and kill an intruder in self-defense if they believe the person intends to commit a crime and use physical force, “no matter how slight.”
    ref - "riding alone verses riding with another on the trail" - https://www.horsejournals.com/riding...cougar-country

Quote Lions and Bears and Wolves (oh my)..

Train your horse to know how to spook on-site (and not throw you and run off like a wild pony..

Elk, Moose, wild Turkeys, grouse can also spook your horse, and you can get thrown. A little white tailed or mule deer could do the same as could a rabbit darting out from the brush.

Training in other words, know how to train for "spook in place"..

Protection: (many items listed on the reference page link, check there for the rest)
    1. Always have bear spray holstered on your hip. Practice, again and again, getting it out, flipping off the tab, aiming, and pretend shooting. Bear spray has been proven, over and over, to be effective — not 100 percent effective but about 75 to 80 percent effective, and that is a whole lot better than zero percent effective. There is agreement by many that numerous bears that would have wandered off if bear spray were the primary means of protection are needlessly shot from far distances.

2. Large bore firearms that are quick to handle and in the hands of an experienced shooter can be more effective than bear spray. However, time and time again guns jam and people shoot ineffectively when under the stress of an attack. Hand guns are less than 50 percent effective with a bear charge. They may feel good to a cowboy ego but I don’t recall Clint Eastwood dropping any bears with his Colt, regardless of what happened in the story at the beginning of this article. (trained trained trained)

Last edited by Bob; 5th March 2018 at 22:30.

16. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Wow. Thanks for all the replies. I was a little frustrated last night because I couldn't just take my horse and go when I like. To be honest, I am not intimidated in the least by any animal attacks, but it was pointed out to me how naive I am for not taking into account nefarious humans. I just honestly don't think like that, but since I got drugged and raped, I realize I don't live in a bubble, though God knows I tried. I have had the luck of the angels in many, many situations.

It's a difficult conundrum because I guess I could have ended up dead at the hands of the New Orleans writer who did that to me, but I was lucky enough I didn't. Then again, I don't know what all they did to me while I was drugged. I guess I'll never know. It is just frustrating that I can't do something as innocent as ride my horse in a national park on a pretty day. Even if you are not in jail, you are in jail. And part of me still wants to have no fear and just go. You know, if it's my time, it's my time.

I really wanted to know what you all think about it and boy did you deliver. God Bless All of You. No exceptions.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (5th March 2018), Chanlo23 (6th March 2018), Orph (10th March 2018), william r sanford72 (6th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread