+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: On Earth As It Is In Heaven

1. Link to Post #21
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,856 times in 380 posts

Default Re: On Earth As It Is In Heaven

I posted this on The Silly Season thread also ,but it seems to fit here more....don't know if that's alright but here it is.

The 12 rules of life , An antidote to chaos by Jordan b Peterson

https://andersonfloristgreenhouse.co...-for-life.html

There are many pdf versions but you have to sign up, which I'm not fond of.

I thought this fit perfectly with The silly season

Here is a cliff note version of the book:

Just a few years ago, I was an unknown professor writing academic books that
    nobody read. Then, with Godís help, I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself
    and develop my potential. Pinkos and wishy-washy liberals had cornered the
    market in cod psychology, so I guessed there must be a huge hunger for a
    self-help book, backed up with religion, mythology, CAPITAL LETTERS and stating
    the obvious Ė one directed at responsible, socially minded conservatives craving
    some pseudointellectual ideology to prop up their beliefs. And bingo! Here are
    my 12 Rules for Life.
    >
    > 1 Stand up straight with your shoulders straight
    > Most lobsters are complete bastards left to their own devices. Most humans are
    complete bastards left to their own devices. This proves there is a God who
    wants us to have Order. Order is Masculine and Chaos is Feminine. Therefore to
    move towards Order, we all need to man up. Happiness is pointless. We are all on
    this Earth to suffer. So learn to suffer like a man. Not everyone can be as rich
    and successful as me, but try to be less of a failure than you already are.
    > Guardian Morning Briefing - sign up and start the day one step ahead
    > Read more
    >
    > 2 Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
    > The story of the Garden of Eden shows that we are all touched with Original
    Sin But you have a choice. You can either seek Heaven or be dragged down into
    Hell. Yes, you have a shameful, sinful nature but for Godís sake just make a bit
    of an effort. Stop waiting for other people to dig you out of your pitiful hole.
    >
    > 3 Befriend people who want the best for you
    > We are all Being. Just some of us are better Beings. Learn to tell the
    difference. Some people are beyond help. They are merely exploiting the
    willingness of good people to help them and, as Dostoyevsky rightly observes,
    will drag you down to their level. So stick with the winners. If people are
    determined to screw up, let them. They are nothing to do with the Divine
    Purpose.
    >
    > 4 Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not the useless person you are
    today
    > Face it, youíre never going to be that smart, so donít compare yourself to
    someone who is. Start by getting on your knees to pray. Even if you donít
    Believe in God. Atheists are merely people who are blinded to the true way of
    Being. There, you feel marginally less useless already.

>
    > 5 Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
    > Remember that children are born with Original Sin and have a huge capacity for
    Evil. They are not Innocent Beings. They need Discipline if they are going to
    grow up to be even vaguely worthwhile humans. And slap them if necessary Ė donít
    listen to what the lefties say.
    >
    > 6 Set your house in order before you criticise the world
    > Remember the story of Cain and Abel? Well, read it then. Yes, Abel was a
    schmuck who deserved to die and Cain wasnít quite as goddamn perfect as he
    thought he was. He deserved to die, too. We all deserve to die. So stop moaning
    if someone is richer and better looking than you.
    >
    > 7 Pursue what is meaningful, not what is expedient
    > Life is suffering. The Book of Genesis tells us that. There is no easy way
    round this. So quit looking for short cuts and start reading Nietzsche.
    >
    > 8 Tell the truth. Or at least donít lie
    > To be honest, Iím scrabbling around for thingsbut my publishers tell me I need

> 9 Assume the person you are listening to knows something you donít
    > Just shut up, quit moaning and listen to me. I know things you donít. So donít
    expect me to listen to you. Thatís not the way things work. Iím here to make you
    feel Better about Yourself by telling you things you already know in a way that
    makes you feel clever.
    >
    > 10 Be precise in your speech
    > Confront the chaos of Being. Donít try to beat about the bush. Things are
    going to be terrible. Oedipus killed his Dad. You may well kill yours. Get over
    it. Face up to the real horrors of the world.
    >
    > 11 Do not bother children while they are skateboarding
    > This is the rule thatís the real catnip for right-wingers everywhere. Want to
    know why the world is falling apart? Itís because liberals are turning boys into
    girlies with their namby-pamby ways. Let boys do boy things and girls do girl
    things. Nowhere in the Bible does God say anything about this trans nonsense.
    Thereís nothing wrong with men having all the best jobs and women staying home
    to look after the kids. So back off, ladies, and give us men a break.
    >
    > 12 Pet a cat when you encounter one in the street
    > OK. So I really am scraping the barrel now. Weíre all going to die. Probably
    painfully. So just make the best of what youíve got. If you see a cat, stroke
    it. You might feel better. Though probably not. And if there are no cats, pet
    something else. Like a dog.
    >
    > Digested read digested: Blessed are the Strong, for they shall inherit the
    Earth.
    ------------------------------------
    JORDAN PETERSON INTERVIEW BEFORE BOOK RELEASE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJJClhqGq_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJJClhqGq_M
    Last edited by ramus; 15th March 2018 at 14:11.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Helene West (14th March 2018), Valerie Villars (14th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,668 times in 2,890 posts

Sorry.....I no longer buy into the idea of Original Sin as that is one of the means that has been used to control us peons! I speak from an entire lifetime of being under that control!

Thanks to Avalon, I have learned that I am an Eternal, SOVEREIGN Being.....I existed before I took on this body & I continue to exist after I leave this body! No more chains for me!

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Helene West (14th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th March 2018), O Donna (14th March 2018), petra (14th March 2018), Wind (15th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,370 times in 679 posts

Quote Posted by Helene West (here)
    In the Occult, there is the famous and somewhat similar saying - "...AS ABOVE SO BELOW..." Obviously the occultists are on to something Jesus was also trying to convey to us, but what?
    Any thoughts would be appreciated. thx
    I know this one well. Personally I find it emphasizes God's Will and trust in God our Father, but the "above and below" business is a real trip up imo. Let's say you're out in space. There's no above or below in space now is there.

Here's an interesting concept which I think originates in the Kaballah (Ref: https://blog.hebrewseminary.org/tag/as-above-so-below)

Quote What is above is below, and what is below is above. We know that the human is a microcosm of the universe, while the universe is a macrocosm of the human. And heaven and earth are mere reflections of each other.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Helene West (14th March 2018), Michelle Marie (14th March 2018), Wind (15th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,870 times in 944 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)
    Sorry.....I no longer buy into the idea of Original Sin as that is one of the means that has been used to control us peons! I speak from an entire lifetime of being under that control!

Thanks to Avalon, I have learned that I am an Eternal, SOVEREIGN Being.....I existed before I took on this body & I continue to exist after I leave this body! No more chains for me!

Foxie, I was raised similarly to you. Very religious and the religiosity imparted by very uneducated persons. I get where you're coming from.

As I was not able to embrace atheism and just be done with the whole thing, I embarked early on for an entire life of searching for answers. I could list the them all but what for...

I've come to a few conclusions from my searching.

1) Since the human brain utilizes associations many are just going to keep associating the principles of a religion with what evil humans have used and subverted it for. They settle for the automatic association and can't be bothered sorting out the human subterfuge from the religious/spiritual principle.

2) The many, many intellectual theories analyzing Christianity, its origins, who Jesus was or wasn't, etc. are incredibly interesting but all the intellectual exegeses in the world is not going to help me with what will be my next assignment (next life) once I take my Last Breath. However, I believe the principles within the religion, no, not the manmade dogma that surrounds the religions like macabre gatekeepers, CAN.

3) I need to Stop searching and pick something; If I was under 45 yrs old I'd be cool with continue searching but at this point it has occurred to me strongly to stop the incessant searching, pick a Tool to help and concentrate on using the tool/s.
    What do I need tools for? What am I trying to do? Influence what my next life or next assignment will be. Confusing myself with any more theories/beliefs or discoveries isn't going to help me with this project. The Tibetan Book of the Dead is something similar to my idea now. They utilize exercises to try and influence the path or direction of the dying person's soul.

I believe there is more direction in the Lord's Prayer than in the entire book of Caesar's Messiah (which I have saved to my Ipad btw and enjoy).

15 years ago I took a course in the Inquisition. Some days I could barely hold back my tears. Believe me those women, and they were mostly women 9 to 1, were raped into unconsciousness before they were dragged to the barbecue pit. That would be a good reason for many never to set foot in a church. But that's how humans are. The irony is I don't believe in over 2000 years hardly anyone has practiced Christianity as taught in the gospels!!

and so I continue my meditation on the Lord's Prayer, thx...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Helene West For This Post:

Michelle Marie (14th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,848 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by Foxie Loxie (here)

I don't buy into "the useless person you are today".

It seems he may need to read self-help books; not write them.

Know ThySelf and face your Greatness!

MM

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	37365
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 14th March 2018 at 20:40.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ ďTo laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.Ē -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th March 2018), O Donna (14th March 2018), Wind (15th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2