+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Natural Anxiety Cures/Relief?

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Default Natural Anxiety Cures/Relief?

Hello, guys. This is going to be a very long and personal post; please bear with me.

I was simply wondering if anyone has had any success holistically/naturally treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder. My boyfriend has it pretty badly, and while we're working on incorporating exercise and a cleaner diet into our daily lives (and we're certain this will help eventually), my boyfriend is nevertheless in a 24/7 state of anxiety, and has been for years.

I'm starting to really fear how this is affecting/going to affect him. He's doing fairly well, but the damage is still done, and the everyday impact, strong. We're still young, so time is on our side, but I wish I could do something for him, and there truly seems to be little more I can do than offer emotional comfort.

Being with him has helped him immensely (as love does), but he's nevertheless very tense at all times. He described it as the feeling of dread and fear you feel before you know you're about to endure something very unpleasant, being with him ceaselessly. The claustrophobic heaviness of the heart, the cold pit in your stomach, he pretty much feels those 100% of the time, at best.

It kills me knowing there's nothing I can do while he essentially is constantly suffering, especially since he hides it so well. Imagine being constantly on edge and sad. That's what life is like for him.

My boyfriend fell victim to Xanax, after being prescribed some for his severe anxiety at age 19. He didn't abuse it recreationally, but he was nevertheless addicted, as it's impossible not to be. For nearly 3 years he was doped up on the second highest dose legally allowed, and it ruined his brain. I never knew him pre-Xanax, but he says the difference in his intellectual and cognitive capabilities is dramatic before and after the 'treatment', and not in a good way. I convinced him to quit. It didn't take much convincing; he saw himself as an addict per se that needed help, but he lived alone and had pretty much no one there for him, so you can imagine how that makes healing difficult. When we got into our relationship, I had my strong opinions of these poison pills (which he already shared), and and me being there to support him gave him the foundation/anchor/strength to pull through, and he quit cold turkey. We realized after the fact how dangerous this was, but luckily, he suffered no permanent adverse affects, other than, in his words, a "terrifying transition".

Being with him has taught me so much, as well as shown me his extraordinary strength. Not everyone can quit Xanax cold turkey, overnight. He did the same thing with smoking too. He opened up my mind so much; before meeting him, I frankly was very, very skeptical of the idea of things like Reiki and energy healing. I didn't think they were totally outrageous, but I certainly had my reservations. Now, things are different. I don't outright believe, but I certainly don't disbelieve either. I generally 'believe' in very few things, but keep as open a mind as I can within reason.

I personally believe our entire Western paradigm of mental health is fundamentally wrong. We prescribe hardcore drugs to sweep mental illness under the rug, but in the vast majority of cases, not only is this method of treatment totally ineffective, it actually causes long-term harm. This is due to the entire perspective being totally misaligned. I also have a suspicion it stems from the notion that the human brain generates consciousness. I think the brain is more of a vessel, like a radio, and that consciousness exist almost etherically, outside the known 3D body.

All magic is science. 200 years ago, the laptop I'm writing this post on, or the smartphone I frequently browse with, would be considered sorcery. But it's just science. The greatest scientific minds of the 19th and 18th century would be considered almost primitively misguided now, and the same can be said of the greatest minds currently; it's not that they don't understand, it's that they won't. The materialist worldview dominates the collective human schema, and it's so utterly damaging and imbalanced.

I'm starting to get rambly, and I apologize (I'm a bit, er, herbally influenced at the moment), but if you want a better idea of what I'm getting at, look at the perspective of people like Graham Hancock, a man for which I have a great deal of respect.

What I'm asking is, essentially, is if anyone has had any luck with methods of healing beyond eating right and exercising regularly. While this undoubtedly has a very good impact, I know it won't suffice to rid him of it entirely, and I was wondering if any of you or those you may know have. Since, by any conventional standard, being diagnosed with GAD or chronic depression or the like is like a terminal sentence; there's pretty much no hope of being 'cured'. It's like a send-off.

I know that this is totally wrong, and that in most cases, something can be done.

I'm open to pretty much anything, so long as you have had/know of real results. I'm aware meditation can help a lot, but he has a very hard time with it due to the nature of his illness, so if you have any tips/methods of meditation, those would be appreciated as well.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to discussing it with you all

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th March 2018), Bill Ryan (8th March 2018), dynamo (8th March 2018), Flyswim (8th March 2018), GMB1961 (30th March 2018), grant (8th March 2018), Hervé (8th March 2018), Ioneo (8th March 2018), Jayke (8th March 2018), Lefty Dave (9th March 2018), Matthew (8th March 2018), Mike (8th March 2018), Nasu (8th March 2018), Omi (8th March 2018), onevoice (8th March 2018), Oxygen (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), seko (11th March 2018), Stephanie (9th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), Vernaianawa (8th March 2018), Wind (8th March 2018), wondering (8th March 2018), Woody (8th March 2018), Zampano (8th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    England Avalon Member markenty13's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Re: Natural Anxiety Cures/Relief?

This is probably more for night time and to help sleep, but what i find works wonders is something called ASMR.

Its totally relaxing and helps me everytime get a great nights sleep.

What is ASMR ?

Autonomous sensory meridian response (ASMR) is a term used for an experience characterised by a static-like or tingling sensation on the skin that typically begins on the scalp and moves down the back of the neck and upper spine. It has been compared with auditory-tactile synesthesia.

To put it in simpler terms, its videos on youtube where the presenter will create certain sounds with a high end mic which achieves tingling and relaxing sensations etc. They even do simple hand movements which are probably my favs.

heres 2 of my favourite presenters, there is plenty more though so worth having a sift through youtube and finding who/what works for you - PS, headphones are required for optimal experience, although with hand movements etc, you dont particularly need them

Latte ASMR -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQe...9bNMAcCJCBvzQQ

Massage ASMR -

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgO...nhVrc9IEcSk1Nw

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to markenty13 For This Post:

dynamo (8th March 2018), grant (8th March 2018), Jayke (8th March 2018), Omi (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), seko (11th March 2018), Tam (8th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), Vernaianawa (8th March 2018), Wind (8th March 2018), wondering (8th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

I don’t think there’s any one size fits all treatment for anxiety so it’s important to approach it from several different angles. A couple of the more effective ones I’ve found are:

Beware the xenoestrogens in processed food and beer (hops in beer is a potent estrogenic) if estrogen builds up in a male brain it can lead to crippling anxiety attacks. Cure: liver detox to flush the system and rebalance the hormones. Lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice, fasting and fresh green juices.

After a couple weeks of detox it’s important to rebuild the brain chemistry, the sheathing of the nuerons might be fried with the Xanax use. The brain is made of 70% cholesterol (mostly the myelin sheaths that insulate the nerves). Eating a diet rich in organ meats and cutting out sugar helps to insulate the brain and help it feel more grounded. This also ties into your idea of the brain being a receiver of consciousness, if the signal coming in isn’t insulatated, like markenty mentioned in the post above, it can cause a build up of static sparks that manifest as anxious overwhelm. Tai chi is great for channeling that energy into your gaba neurons (proactive neurons) instead of the alpha (reactive neurons), which helps a person feel more purposeful and composed in their own energy field.

To boost the brains ability to rebuild in a way that’s grounding. There’s lots of guided meditation techniques that target specific neural structures, to increase blood flow and promote neuroplasticity. You’ll find some techniques to play around with in...Mindsight: the new science of personal transformation.

The important thing is to just be patient with it—while implementing different strategies—over time the brain starts to rewire and he’ll begin to feel more grounded.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

dynamo (8th March 2018), grant (8th March 2018), Omi (8th March 2018), onevoice (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Tam (8th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), Vernaianawa (8th March 2018), Wind (8th March 2018), wondering (8th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

I suffered from excessive blushing in high school As panic attacks .. still have social anxiety at times
    .i Seam to avoid supermarkets that are big in case I run into someone I know which can set me off. Think I'll be looking into that mind site book too .. I know when I was at my best mental health was when I friend and I where living in London and we got really fit and got off beer and alcohol for 2 months , if we did drink it was a maximum of 2 beers only .. probably pints lol but we run 3-4K twice a week and did push ups, chin ups, dips Twice a week .. and my mind was the calmest it's been socially... obviously it's a fair bit of work but be patient and do what u can and it will get u back on track..
    but it's not a permanent cure .. oxygen and moving the body clears the mind .. another good thing u can do in your home to calm the mind is whim hoff breathing !, basically 30 deep breaths until u feel the tingling then blow all the air out and hold that till u need to air and take a lung full and hole that for 10 and repeat 3 times , you will feel really good 😉 Hang in there buddy

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to grant For This Post:

dynamo (8th March 2018), Jayke (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Tam (8th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), wondering (8th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

I can share what has worked for me and this is coming from someone who was experiencing immense anxiety for years, thanks to my highly neurotic temperament... I was often near the state of panic and that was far from fun. The brain just needs to be reprogrammed.

Diet is probably number one thing. I've always been to sensitive to things, including foods and chemicals. Cutting off coffee had dramatical effects on my stress levels. Cleaning the gut is the second thing. You need to balance it with healthy bacterias. Junk food is literally junk, if you eat and the more sensitive you are... You will definitely feel like crap! The more chemicals you have in your body the more unhealthy you will be both mentally and physically.

Meditation should be a no-brainer. I don't think anything else has helped me to overcome fears and anxiety as much as it has. Easiest way of meditating? Just breathe in and out, keep focusing on that. Observe how the air moves through your lungs. Just do it and see the results. You may add mantras to that too if you'd like, such as "I'm loving awareness".

I used to think that my anxiety would swallow me up to the bottomless dark pit and it would destroy me, and it almost did.

Out of that dark night of the soul I managed to rise to the surface by following the right guides. I do still feel anxiety, tension and even fear from time to time as any human would, but a connection to my soul is my cornerstone. I know that there's always that deep profound peacefulness to be found there and not a single thing can severe that connection. By knowing that I am the infinite awareness behind the mind & "my" thoughts, I can no longer by affected very much by the illusionary fears which the mind has conjured up. That applies to every other human too if they will realize that.

Wishing you all the best on your journey to peacefulness.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), justntime2learn (8th March 2018), Omi (8th March 2018), onevoice (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Tam (8th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), wondering (8th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

There are two approaches to healing issues manifested by the bodymind:
    1. Heal the body.
    2. Heal the mind.
    1) Diet and consumption.

Quit smoking so much pot. That's self-medicating... whitewashing/suppressing the issues so you don't feel them so much. You can't heal or deal with an issue you can't feel or experience clearly and fully.

Alcohol will have the same affect, of course. You're trying to dampen down the natural feedback mechanism which has the function of bringing these things to your attention. It's like removing the engine warning lights from your car.

Quit all the Dr Pepper entirely. Just stop.

Reduce as much sugar as possible in your diet.

Cut down on caffeinated drinks — if possible.

2) Look for the mental/emotional cause of the anxiety.

It's in there somewhere — and may be based on childhood or past-life trauma, or trauma-related events. The body has its own spirit and intelligence, but yours (as a standalone spiritual being) is far superior. If your mind has been injured (as it were), then the body alone can't help you.

So counseling of various kinds to examine (and re-experience/erase the impact of) past events — including past-life regression — is very likely to help. EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is also super-simple, can be self-applied, and can be VERY effective for issues like anxiety.
    But acknowledge yourself for recognizing this, sharing it publicly, and resolving to deal with it hands-on. That's a REALLY vital and essential first step that shows a huge amount of courage. Many people, far older than yourself, struggle through their entire lives, masking everything, making excuses and pretending, without ever facing these things head-on.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Flyswim (8th March 2018), GMB1961 (30th March 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (10th March 2018), justntime2learn (8th March 2018), Michi (8th March 2018), Omi (8th March 2018), onevoice (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), seko (11th March 2018), Tam (8th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,127 times in 560 posts

Meditation can do wonders. It really helps you track your thoughts and see if some emotional state is coming from your thoughts/expectations or from some old program running in the back ground. But the person needs to be motivated to find another way. You can talk to a person till you are blue in the face and he/she will continue with the worry train, or the fear train, or depression train you get the idea. Because in my young years I meditated because I was in college and my concentration was shot (and this was before cell phones) I needed to focus on papers, theories for long periods of time I started to meditate simple breath work, nothing fancy. Now it kinda comes on naturally, change in mood, what am I thinking, what brought that one on, and then just observing the thought, like looking at another person but it's you, actually does switch ones perception and changes the mood. Being the observer to your thoughts. When you start to meditate you will have the experience of observing yourself and then you will understand what that means. But you can,t get judgemental about what you are thinking, see it as it is without making some value judgement about it.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 3(C)+me For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

Quit smoking so much pot. That's self-medicating... whitewashing/suppressing the issues so you don't feel them so much. You can't heal or deal with an issue you can't feel or experience clearly and fully.

Alcohol will have the same affect, of course. You're trying to dampen down the natural feedback mechanism which has the function of bringing these things to your attention. It's like removing the engine warning lights from your car.

Quit all the Dr Pepper entirely. Just stop.

Reduce as much sugar as possible in your diet.

Thanks for the help, Bill. It's appreciated. I think you may have misunderstood, though; this isn't meant to be for me at all, but rather for my boyfriend. I am fortunately free of anxiety as a disorder.

As a side note, you'll be happy to hear I've made a lot of progress in these areas. I haven't had any soda in a week, which was responsible for 95% of my sugar intake.

I also have cut my pot use down by about 80%. I have only smoked once this week, which was last night, to help with pretty bad menstrual cramps (it works quite well). I'd love to get more specialized medical strains that don't affect the mind as much, but alas, due to its illegality here, I have to make-do with what I can get off the black market.

We also both eat 2 servings+ of fresh kimchi daily, and I make a miso soup from scratch about 2-3 times a week. Those have both helped a lot with my digestive issues I had, and given me more energy.

As for alcohol, I personally detest it, but my boyfriend loves beer. He's working on cutting that out himself, but I wasn't aware it worsened anxiety, as you and others have stated. I'll be sure to let him know ASAP.

As for counseling and past-life-regression, I'll be sure to look into that as well. His schedule is tight, as is money, but we'll make-do.

Thanks for the thorough response, and warmest wishes to you and all members.
    Last edited by Tam; 8th March 2018 at 18:28.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), onevoice (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    I don’t think there’s any one size fits all treatment for anxiety so it’s important to approach it from several different angles. A couple of the more effective ones I’ve found are:

Beware the xenoestrogens in processed food and beer (hops in beer is a potent estrogenic) if estrogen builds up in a male brain it can lead to crippling anxiety attacks. Cure: liver detox to flush the system and rebalance the hormones. Lots of fresh squeezed lemon juice, fasting and fresh green juices.

After a couple weeks of detox it’s important to rebuild the brain chemistry, the sheathing of the nuerons might be fried with the Xanax use. The brain is made of 70% cholesterol (mostly the myelin sheaths that insulate the nerves). Eating a diet rich in organ meats and cutting out sugar helps to insulate the brain and help it feel more grounded. This also ties into your idea of the brain being a receiver of consciousness, if the signal coming in isn’t insulatated, like markenty mentioned in the post above, it can cause a build up of static sparks that manifest as anxious overwhelm. Tai chi is great for channeling that energy into your gaba neurons (proactive neurons) instead of the alpha (reactive neurons), which helps a person feel more purposeful and composed in their own energy field.

To boost the brains ability to rebuild in a way that’s grounding. There’s lots of guided meditation techniques that target specific neural structures, to increase blood flow and promote neuroplasticity. You’ll find some techniques to play around with in...Mindsight: the new science of personal transformation.

The important thing is to just be patient with it—while implementing different strategies—over time the brain starts to rewire and he’ll begin to feel more grounded.

Hey, thanks for all the different suggestions! My boyfriend has beer weekly, though he's intent on cutting it out, and actually hasn't had a single one at all this week. I'm quitting soda at the same time, so we're both supporting each other in that regard. It helps a lot. I had no idea it affected anxiety as well; he was cutting it out to help with his eczema. Another fun little thing he's got, which we believe is closely tied to his anxiety. They certainly feed off of each other.

I never thought about the liver affecting it in any way. Thanks for pointing that out.

What kind of liver detox do you recommend?

You also mentioned a diet with organ meat? I frankly doubt he'll be able to eat organs of any kind. What are the nutrients found in organs that are so beneficial, and is there an alternative source for them?

Finally, Tai Chi. I have heard some miraculous stories about my father regarding Tai Chi. I'll definitely look into that as well.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bill Ryan (8th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Jayke (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)

As for alcohol, I personally detest it, but my boyfriend loves beer. He's working on cutting that out himself, but I wasn't aware it worsened anxiety, as you and others have stated. I'll be sure to let him know ASAP.
    I can relate a little, I love my beer as well, but I have to keep it reigned in a little; here's how alcohol can make anxiety worse:

Alcohol is a depressant, it suppresses the nervous systems ability to send signals, by increasing the effectiveness of GABA - you brains natural nervous system regulator. When the nervous system is depressed, the body will try to compensate by creating more glutamate, which is the nervous system's stimulatory counterpart to GABA. This leads to the nervous system functioning more normally when alcohol is in the system, and becoming over-excited while alcohol is not present. The desire becomes then, to drink more alcohol to feel more relaxed and abate the excess stimulation. From here you can see a vicious cycle can develop. If the differential becomes strong enough, alcohol dependency will start to kick in. This is why extreme alcoholics get really bad tremors, have trouble controlling their thoughts and emotions and generally appear extremely over stimulated, when denied their alcohol.

A quick drink a day won't likely disrupt much, but having alcohol in the body for extended periods of time (such as drinking slowly throughout the day, even without getting intoxicated), starts to cause the body to begin overcompensating with it's own nervous system stimulating compounds. This of course will worsen any anxiety.

On a side note, look into an amino acid called L-Theanine - a natural compound found in green tea (why green tea doesn't stimulate like coffee despite its caffeine). It's not a miracle cure, but can definitely take the edge off (speaking from personal experience). It can be found in capsule format at supplement stores -- always buy high quality supplements if you are going to take them. Theanine can work in as little as 30 minutes, the effects last for several hours, and there is little to no risk and no side effects.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), onevoice (8th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Tam (8th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Thanks so much, DeDukshyn! Very informative.

We need to do some shopping today, so I'll look into Theanine. We have green tea at home, but it's the bagged kind, so I'm not sure how effective that may be, since bagged tea is hardly top-quality.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

DeDukshyn (8th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Thanks so much, DeDukshyn! Very informative.

We need to do some shopping today, so I'll look into Theanine. We have green tea at home, but it's the bagged kind, so I'm not sure how effective that may be, since bagged tea is hardly top-quality.
    Good luck! Green tea itself doesn't have enough theanine to both counter the caffeine and give you a strong calming effect. In capsule form you'll be consuming about the equivalent theanine of 10 cups of tea. Theanine is quite an affordable supplement so there's no risk to giving it a try. Take 200-500mg per serving. I keep it in the cupboard and just reach for it when I'm feeling over stressed or anxious, as opposed to taking it regularly.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Tam (8th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Default Re: Natural Anxiety Cures/Relief

Organ meats such as liver or ox heart Indigris. Sautéed in butter, garlic, onion, spices etc. It’s important to soak organ meats in brine for at least 12 hours though to draw out as much of the blood as possible (blood is the transport system for hormones, so drawing out the boood helps remove any excess cortisol or estrogen from the meat before consuming). Not a diet for the squeamish I suppose but certainly effective.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...foods#section1
    Quote Organ meats are extremely nutritious. Popular types include liver, kidneys, brain and heart. All of these are high in iron.

For example, a 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving of beef liver contains 6.5 mg of iron, or 36% of the RDI (14).

Organ meats are high in protein and rich in B-vitamins, copper and selenium. Liver is especially high in vitamin A, providing an impressive 634% of the RDI per serving.

Organ meats are also among the best sources of choline, an important nutrient for brain and liver health that many people don't get enough of
    And the liver detox was the lemon juice, green juices and fasting. Basically go vegan for a couple weeks eating lots of fresh veg and fruit. You’d need to do a short liver detox before consuming organ meats sautéed in butter—especially if alcohol is consumed weekly—alcohol inhibits the livers ability to break down fats and can cause lipid overload when drinking and eating a high fat diet simultaneously.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Tam (8th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 times in 189 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    Meditation should be a no-brainer. I don't think anything else has helped me to overcome fears and anxiety as much as it has. Easiest way of meditating? Just breathe in and out, keep focusing on that. Observe how the air moves through your lungs. Just do it and see the results. You may add mantras to that too if you'd like, such as "I'm loving awareness".
    I was thinking the same, I'd recommend doing some breathing meditation.
    When I give yoga sessions, I usually begin with a simple breathing meditation.
    Here are the instructions.

1. Sit upright, close your eyes, bring your awareness to your breathing.
    2. Inhale/exhale comfortably through your nose.
    3. Using your abdomen, go slower and deeper with each exhale.
    4. If and when your mind wanders off to having other thoughts, bring it back to observing how you breathe.

Mantras are definitely helpful too. It's another kind of meditation to recite a mantra for a certain number of times, usually 108, it could be less or more. It takes practice to keep focused and count, prayer beads are helpful.

I feel anxiety is one of the common energies among human collective consciousness. There are still times when I'm affected by it too.

Anything that would uplift your thoughts and feelings would help to ease anxiety. Being in nature, listening to relaxing music, adjusting your diet to a healthier one, etc.

It's one of the greatest blessings to feel the care and love from family, dear friends, this Avalon community, and all other supportive ones. Many thanks to all, a million billion gazillion times.

Sending positive thoughts of healing and inner peacefulness.
    Remember that all is One. -Edgar Cayce

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Omi For This Post:

DeDukshyn (9th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Mike (31st May 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

I've recently found some articles about Wild Lettuce which has a latex like substance in their stem, which can be extracted and be used as a natural substitute for opium:
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Quote Wild lettuce can be taken in an extract or herbal supplement form. Similar to opium, wild lettuce can also produce sedative and anti-anxiety effects. The compounds are actually used by the pharmaceutical industry to make drugs that treat conditions such as asthma, urinary tract diseases, painful menstruation, and joint pain—all conditions that improve with muscular and vessel relaxation, says de Mello.
    I don't need any pain medication, but I ordered a bottle to help my daughter deal with menstruation pain. It's about $18/bottle from Amazon, and there are lots of positive reviews about this extract.

One reviewer said:
    Quote I just received my first bottle of this and took my first dose about an hour ago. Already I am feeling a calming effect and pain in my body is subsiding. I have no idea why some say this tastes horrible. I put a dropper full in about 2 ounces of water and drank it down and did not feel it was unpleasant or horrible at all. I'm sure some are just more sensitive than others. I like the way this has made me feel in a short time and will continue to use it.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

eczema
    Is a major sign of gut problems, perhaps of candida too. I suffered from a really bad eczema in my hands for years and it too was linked to gut problems & anxiety. At times it was so painful and itchy that I don't even want to express how low it made me feel on a constant basis. I've gotten those skin problems under control with dietary changes and supplements.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), onevoice (9th March 2018), Pam (9th March 2018), Tam (9th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,393 times in 3,308 posts

You might want to check out his methylation status, which is related to gene expression. Here is a short overview which will explain.

https://www.samanthagilbert.com/methylation/

If this turns out to be an issue, you can deal with it with diet and nutritional supplements. I have always been plagued with anxiety and have finally discovered that a huge part of it has to do with over methylation, which has resulted in copper overload. I have found it to be fairly straight forward to deal with it, however, I have read that undermethylation can be trickier. Both of these states can trigger chronic anxiety.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pam For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), Tam (9th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,137 times in 500 posts

Greetings All,
    New doctor this year, and she's open minded ...when I described symptoms of "the dreads"...and low labido...she said...the Indians use Ashwaghanda...an herb...$20 for 90 capsules..so I tried it for three months...and it works !! Haven't had the dreads since..and my "desires and abilities" have improved greatly...so I take one with both meals daily...Blessings to you all...
    If people can be made to believe absurdities, then they can be made to accept atrocities."

“Just look at us. Everything is backwards, everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, psychiatrists destroy minds, scientists destroy truth, major media destroys information, religions destroy spirituality and governments destroy freedom.”

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lefty Dave For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), Kryztian (7th April 2018), Tam (9th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

2) Look for the mental/emotional cause of the anxiety.

It's in there somewhere — and may be based on childhood or past-life trauma, or trauma-related events. The body has its own spirit and intelligence, but yours (as a standalone spiritual being) is far superior. If your mind has been injured (as it were), then the body alone can't help you.

So counseling of various kinds to examine (and re-experience/erase the impact of) past events — including past-life regression — is very likely to help. EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is also super-simple, can be self-applied, and can be VERY effective for issues like anxiety.
    But acknowledge yourself for recognizing this, sharing it publicly, and resolving to deal with it hands-on. That's a REALLY vital and essential first step that shows a huge amount of courage. Many people, far older than yourself, struggle through their entire lives, masking everything, making excuses and pretending, without ever facing these things head-on.

Exactly. Cut out caffeine, if this isn't already something that has been done.

But definitely turn to some form of energy psychology for help in rooting out what is going on. I agree that EFT and regression are very helpful!

Hypnotherapy has led to some amazing breakthroughs for me personally (and as recently as last night). EMDR is also very effective for PTSD and anxiety.

Self applied techniques are wonderful, in that they give you a feeling of personal empowerment, and help you build a personal set of skills for self soothing.

I would also highly recommend finding a qualified, experienced, and open-minded practitioner who can help guide the process of discovery and healing, as it helps to have somebody keep you on track and help you out of blocks when you get stuck, or notice a red flag that you are oblivious to. A well trained eye on the outside looking in is highly valuable when doing this mental/emotional work.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

dynamo (11th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Hey, thanks for all the different suggestions! My boyfriend has beer weekly, though he's intent on cutting it out, and actually hasn't had a single one at all this week. I'm quitting soda at the same time, so we're both supporting each other in that regard. It helps a lot. I had no idea it affected anxiety as well; he was cutting it out to help with his eczema. Another fun little thing he's got, which we believe is closely tied to his anxiety. They certainly feed off of each other.

I never thought about the liver affecting it in any way. Thanks for pointing that out.
    The liver is a big one for sure. I have had several acupuncturists and ayurvedic practitioners all tell me over the span of the past 8 years I've got a seriously compromised liver. This, after years of eating a fairly clean diet, eschewing alcohol, etc. I may have experimented a bit in college, but never drank or drugged enough to have the kind of liver these people told me I had. Then I learned about the physiological effects of chronic stress on the body, and realized that my liver was catching the brunt of all the toxic build-up in my body. The kidneys were also struggling. Flushes and detoxes can help on the physical level. And of course, stop giving your liver more work to do - anything that is processed in the liver, like alcohol and caffeine, are adding insult to injury for a person that is in a constant fight or flight response.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Tam (9th March 2018), Wind (9th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast