+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Panpsychism: Scientists Discover that Everything — from Rocks to Molecules — Is Conscious

1. Link to Post #21
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,428 times in 32,920 posts

Default Re: Panpsychism: Scientists Discover that Everything — from Rocks to Molecules — Is Conscious

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by bearcow (here)
    So now, the best scientists the democratic party can afford are now hard at work trying to prove that all matter is, in fact, racist.
    We must not have read the same text because nowhere have I seen anything related to racism from far or near
    bearcow's quip was purely sardonic! (Quite funny, too)

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

bearcow (9th March 2018), BMJ (12th March 2018), DeDukshyn (9th March 2018), dynamo (9th March 2018), Ernie Nemeth (9th March 2018), Flash (9th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018), The Freedom Train (9th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Panpsychism: Scientists Discover that Everything — from Rocks to Molecules — Is Conscious

Sardonic ... a new word to add to my repertoire of words to describe myself with. Never heard that one before, oddly enough. Thanks!
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th March 2018), BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (9th March 2018), Ernie Nemeth (9th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,704 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    Quote Posted by bearcow (here)
    So now, the best scientists the democratic party can afford are now hard at work trying to prove that all matter is, in fact, racist.
    We must not have read the same text because nowhere have I seen anything related to racism from far or near
    bearcow's quip was purely sardonic! (Quite funny, too)

oK i am in for googling sardonic.... in case, et prend mon trou pour la connaissance de l'anglais mais non lolllll I misinterpreted him quite possibly.

Or, could we say that my answer could have been sardonic as well, intentionally?

Quote adjective [usually ADJECTIVE noun]
    If you describe someone as sardonic, you mean their attitude to people or things is humorous but rather critical.
    ...a big, sardonic man, who intimidated his students.
    ...a sardonic sense of humour.
    Synonyms: mocking, cynical, dry, bitter

français: sardonique
    démoniaque diabolique malicieux moqueur narquois
    Yes, back to topic
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bill Ryan (9th March 2018), BMJ (12th March 2018), DeDukshyn (9th March 2018), dynamo (9th March 2018), Ernie Nemeth (9th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,428 times in 32,920 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Sardonic ... a new word to add to my repertoire of words to describe myself with. Never heard that one before, oddly enough. Thanks!
    I looked it up while posting my reply, to check I was using the word correctly!

Last edited by Bill Ryan; 9th March 2018 at 18:05.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

BMJ (12th March 2018), DeDukshyn (9th March 2018), dynamo (9th March 2018), Ernie Nemeth (9th March 2018), Flash (9th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Language
    Mancunian
    Thanks

Shintoism if you want a conversation with everything, Catharism if you want to touch absolutely nothing and breathe with your eyes shut...
    Snomanism if you understand why some of us occsionally, unsconsciously say thank you to the cash machine when it places cash in your hand.
    Smile.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snoman For This Post:

BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (9th March 2018), Fellow Aspirant (10th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Conscious is the miracle. The greatest mystery, established and forever inviolate.

It is the Joy of the Creator made manifest!

You are Its proof
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Agape (9th March 2018), BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (9th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018), william r sanford72 (9th March 2018), Wind (10th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,361 times in 4,613 posts

So is the Mystery that is Life. Life in every form is intelligent, symmetric and beautiful.

In Vedic literature it’s called Satyam Shivam Sundaram. It’s truthful, peaceful and beautiful.

People who understood and worshipped Life and the Source of Life in pure form were the original maharishis of the Vedas,
    the Sapta Rishis, the great Bodhisatvas and their countless disciples

they all worshipped Life as higher entity not serving crude matter.

In this age of MahaKali Yuga the principle of Duality is worshipped known as as the Yin and Yang, male and the female , endless war ..

I’m fainting on this end ..of..transmission

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (9th March 2018), Ernie Nemeth (10th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018), william r sanford72 (10th March 2018), Wind (10th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

The closest to reality observation is that we are conscious and aware, that is consciousness self conscious of itself and receiving feedback from its natural expansion to the infinite reality we call Universe.

As many new identities or phenomena you or I encounter so many new consciousnesses are created like pictures in calleidoscope of mind with all its infinite combinations of shapes and colours yet exploring familiar patterns.

Consciousness is a feedback we receive from any new type of identity or situation.

Consciousnesses there for do not exist independently without relativity of observer and observed.
    The way we are predisposed to receive feedback on contacting any outer reality through our senses including the ‘sense of mind’ as many states of consciousness we create and experience
    and we know the real number is nearing infinite .

Thus all perception of ourselves within the bubble of this particular Universe is rather illusory, swept by the waves of great cosmic reality there’s but limited sense we are able to make of it all at any given moment.

Yet our consciousness is expanding, reaching for information coming from near and far. Can we really make a breakthrough ?

Hypothetically, we can. Perhaps the only way how human civilisation can survive and evolve is by creating new more advanced consciousnesses ..

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018), Wind (10th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,968 times in 7,673 posts

The obvious is becoming obvious to the western scientists, better late than never I suppose!

Perhaps one day western society will become wise too instead of being merely intelligent.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness." ~ Max Planck
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Agape (11th March 2018), BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), Sunny-side-up (11th March 2018), william r sanford72 (11th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Avalon Member frodo13's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Universal consciousness with individual awareness based on the complexity of the system.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frodo13 For This Post:

Agape (11th March 2018), BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), william r sanford72 (11th March 2018), Wind (11th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

Now if we contemplate what is the next level to consciousness and consciousnesses

there’s Pure Awareness ..

Beyond the faculty and realm of Pure Awareness that is like laser beam of consciousness dispelling darkness ..

reaching far to boundless entities of vast Space

There’s a realm of “Pure Vision” or “Seeing” the array of realities right before reflecting on them this arising in the realm of consciousness

Behind the abyss of great Void that fills gas and space between different modulations of what we understand as our current Universe

There’s last but not least ..the Original Consciousness of every entity .

You experience this essential pure and original Consciousness at times of birth, death, traumatic events but also during your deep sleep.

It’s the Primordial Consciousness of your Biological Entity and your Species.

Out of that Consciousness human consciousness is like a Dream of millions of fragments of consciousness most of whom are irrelevant junk

Your original Awareness is your “Body of Causality” , your higher form body, your Nirmanakaya.

That awareness is pure in its focus and intention

and also very powerful wherever it goes

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), william r sanford72 (11th March 2018), Wind (11th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,394 times in 3,448 posts

My beliefs are that it takes biology to incarnate a soul, and a soul is the basis of consciousness. In other words a rock or spoon is not conscious.

This thread seems like what the cybernetic network folks were talking about when they said they would be unrolling new age psyop into science.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Agape (11th March 2018), BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), william r sanford72 (11th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Omnisense (here)
    My beliefs are that it takes biology to incarnate a soul, and a soul is the basis of consciousness. In other words a rock or spoon is not conscious.

This thread seems like what the cybernetic network folks were talking about when they said they would be unrolling new age psyop into science.
    Hello Omni,

I tend to agree .

Makes me think of ancient philosopher ( or yogi, alternatively) sitting in front of rock for thousand years waiting for revelation ...

sign of God ..something ..

after thousand years the rock opens up ,
    waterfall rushes down
    the man gets washed thoroughly after all those years
    and his God speaks to Him

Got carried away. Material Universe is a like a dead remnant of some older Living Universe It’s time is very slow and it keeps disintegrating ..

Therefor you can’t find ‘enlightenment’ in material Universe.

Living consciousness oscillates on much faster frequency . We can only subdue it but not be subdued to it least we die.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Agape For This Post:

BMJ (12th March 2018), dynamo (11th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), william r sanford72 (11th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    The obvious is becoming obvious to the western scientists, better late than never I suppose!

Perhaps one day western society will become wise too instead of being merely intelligent.

"I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness." ~ Max Planck
    Hi Wind

I think western scientists or rather their masters, the ones who run the show from behind occult screens of deception have always known.

they have kept the general public dumb'd down from this truth so they can use us to do their destructive work and so not effect or break the natural laws of the universe, they stay clean and in power, we stay dirty and weak
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

BMJ (12th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (13th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2