+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Alt Media being Toasted to a Dark Crisp

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

Default Re: Alt Media being Toasted to a Dark Crisp

This video regarding the class action lawsuit brought some things to light for me.

It seems the bullying practices such as strikes and removal of videos, which is the property of the producer is completely against the law. You can even put your YouTube channel in your will so that your heirs can receive profit when you're gone.

This class action lawsuit is still open if anybody wants to join in.
    Contact Natasha: https://gab.ai/@NatashaV

She posted a video on BitChute regarding the lawsuit, and it was removed.
    (( I thought people went there to get away from censorship!? ))

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 10th March 2018 at 06:29.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (10th March 2018), Hervé (10th March 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (11th March 2018), KiwiElf (11th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,438 times in 21,490 posts

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    It seems the bullying practices such as strikes and removal of videos, which is the property of the producer is completely against the law.
    I doubt that strikes and removals are "completely against the law" .

I doubt that Natasha is a lawyer. I also know that I am not a lawyer, but here's my lay person understanding of this matter:
    • Most forums, video services, bulletin boards, etc which display digital content provided by independent producers, such as Youtube.com or ProjectAvalon.net, have (are granted by their content producers) the right, and sometimes the obligation, to decide what to display, and what not to display, and to decide what to copy, transmit, store and make backup copies of, for how long, and what not to copy, transmit, store or backup.
    • Unless a site such as a "backup or storage" site, has agreed to some terms that it will preserve copies of the material, it is under no obligation to maintain (whether displayed or not) what is submitted to it.
    • The independent producers submitting content (such as posters on Avalon) maintain ownership of what they submit, but by submitting material to some such website, they are granting the website a limited license to display, transmit, store and copy that content, on that website.
    • I am not aware of any significant legal constraints on when or how websites, in general, may choose to monetize submitted material, such as collecting advertisement revenue for either its own profit or for selectively rewarding content producers.
    There is apparently a natural (or at least deep state driven) tendency for a few such search engine, social media or content sharing sites to become heavily dominant. The same is seen in other media, as with newspapers, news agencies, and television channels.

This leads to excessive control and influence over the provided content.

Unfortunately, empowering our governments to stop or limit that excessive control or influence just makes the problem worse ... providing yet one more mechanism by which the deep state can control the medium and the message.

So, whereas I can imagine that "transmitting IP packets over the Internet" could be reclassified as a public utitlity, like "transmitting electrons over conductive wires (providing electric power)" is currently classified, I don't see easy answers to Internet censorship by such websites as Google, Facebook and Youtube.

Three things relevant to this topic that I would push for, if I had the opportunity, but which are and likely will forever be an uphill fight, are:
    1. Break up conglomerated interests ... such as separating Google search and Youtube video.
    2. "Splinter the C.I.A. in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds," as former US President John F Kennedy is quoted as saying. I say this here because I presume that Google is and has been since its inception "in bed with" the CIA.
    3. Explicitly extend to privately held digital data (whether stored on local physical media or in the cloud or in transit) the right, as enshrined in the Fourth Ammendment of the US Constitution, of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.
    I would be leary of almost any law that had any chance of being passed by any major government legislature these days. The "big boys" have far too much influence in such matters, in writing such laws, in writing and administering any resultant regulations, and in lying to the public as to what those laws and regulations are actually doing, and the "big boys" do not have our best interests at heart.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (10th March 2018), ceetee9 (14th March 2018), earthdreamer (12th March 2018), Ernie Nemeth (14th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th March 2018), Hervé (10th March 2018), KiwiElf (11th March 2018), Michelle Marie (10th March 2018), Nasu (11th March 2018), onawah (27th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018), Zanshin (12th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

I think Natasha was addressing Free Speech and property rights together as she discussed the Federal lawsuit that she is spearheading.

They seem to be in agreement in this video that no further laws need to be passed; just the upholding of the laws we already have applied to people using the Internet.

Your solutions are of sound judgment and it does seem we are heading in that direction, albeit uphill!

MM
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 10th March 2018 at 08:22.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (10th March 2018), Hervé (10th March 2018), KiwiElf (11th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (10th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    It seems the bullying practices such as strikes and removal of videos, which is the property of the producer is completely against the law.
    I doubt that strikes and removals are "completely against the law" .

I doubt that Natasha is a lawyer. I also know that I am not a lawyer, but here's my lay person understanding of this matter:
    • Most forums, video services, bulletin boards, etc which display digital content provided by independent producers, such as Youtube.com or ProjectAvalon.net, have (are granted by their content producers) the right, and sometimes the obligation, to decide what to display, and what not to display, and to decide what to copy, transmit, store and make backup copies of, for how long, and what not to copy, transmit, store or backup.
    • Unless a site such as a "backup or storage" site, has agreed to some terms that it will preserve copies of the material, it is under no obligation to maintain (whether displayed or not) what is submitted to it.
    • The independent producers submitting content (such as posters on Avalon) maintain ownership of what they submit, but by submitting material to some such website, they are granting the website a limited license to display, transmit, store and copy that content, on that website.
    • I am not aware of any significant legal constraints on when or how websites, in general, may choose to monetize submitted material, such as collecting advertisement revenue for either its own profit or for selectively rewarding content producers.
    There is apparently a natural (or at least deep state driven) tendency for a few such search engine, social media or content sharing sites to become heavily dominant. The same is seen in other media, as with newspapers, news agencies, and television channels.

This leads to excessive control and influence over the provided content.

Unfortunately, empowering our governments to stop or limit that excessive control or influence just makes the problem worse ... providing yet one more mechanism by which the deep state can control the medium and the message.

So, whereas I can imagine that "transmitting IP packets over the Internet" could be reclassified as a public utitlity, like "transmitting electrons over conductive wires (providing electric power)" is currently classified, I don't see easy answers to Internet censorship by such websites as Google, Facebook and Youtube.

Three things relevant to this topic that I would push for, if I had the opportunity, but which are and likely will forever be an uphill fight, are:
    1. Break up conglomerated interests ... such as separating Google search and Youtube video.
    2. "Splinter the C.I.A. in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds," as former US President John F Kennedy is quoted as saying. I say this here because I presume that Google is and has been since its inception "in bed with" the CIA.
    3. Explicitly extend to privately held digital data (whether stored on local physical media or in the cloud or in transit) the right, as enshrined in the Fourth Ammendment of the US Constitution, of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures.
    I would be leary of almost any law that had any chance of being passed by any major government legislature these days. The "big boys" have far too much influence in such matters, in writing such laws, in writing and administering any resultant regulations, and in lying to the public as to what those laws and regulations are actually doing, and the "big boys" do not have our best interests at heart.
    Btw, this post inspired 2 of the 3 intentions we are going to use for this week's visioning. Thanks!

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1213258

Yes, we will put energy into these solutions!

MM

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (10th March 2018), Hervé (11th March 2018), KiwiElf (11th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (10th March 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,891 times in 15,481 posts

Following the OP article from Jim Stone:

HERE IS HOW THEY SCREWED DONATIONS THIS MONTH:

March 10 2018

I knew something was wrong with Fundrazr, so I pulled it.

Low and behold, I went into this mail box, and Paypal called it unconfirmed.

Once confirmed, Paypal will not release these anyway.

Worse?

The box was confirmed already, this is just AI F***ery, you know, the "glitches" to screw people I talked about in a recent report.

It is still on this page, scroll down to the headline "Defunding of alt media: A long frustrated talk with a good friend".

What is worse?

Paypal cleverly omitted transaction numbers, and in the past when this has happened, when people request their money back it puts my paypal negative, after never receiving it!

IF THESE ARE YOUR DONATIONS CONFIRM YOUR MONEY IS NOT GONE AND TRY AGAIN.

IF IT IS GONE AND YOU CANCEL, PAYPAL WILL PROBABLY ROB ME BY CHARGING BACK WHAT I NEVER GOT AND I CANNOT HANDLE THAT NOW.

I AM GOING TO QUIT PAYPAL PROBABLY SOME TIME THIS WEEK.

I knew something was wrong, I really was getting screwed!

Many thanks to those who tried!

MIKE: That might have been a life changing E-mail

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (11th March 2018), Bill Ryan (11th March 2018), DNA (11th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), KiwiElf (11th March 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), norman (11th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (11th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

And (most certainly ), neither am I.

But Paul's quite right: the Avalon forum has the right to delete or edit any content according to our guidelines (and we could almost certainly do that even with no guidelines at all), and to 'close channels' (i.e. terminate user accounts) for any reason or no reason, at any time, even without warning or any 'strikes' at all.

It's a private party, as it were. We can pretty much do what we decide to be best, in our own house, with respect to all our many valued invited guests. (And all members have been specifically and individually invited to the party, following their application.)

There may be three differences with YouTube:
    1. They're a huge behemoth relative to us, and may be subject to some form of monopoly regulation.
    2. Anyone at all can wander off the street into their party. There's no application or invitation process.
    3. They also have a contractual commercial/financial relationship with most or all of the channels that are apparently being targeted, and that may change things also (in terms of business practices, fair trade, etc etc).
    Whether this all permits any legal action to be taken when something unfair seems to have happened, or when some published guideline seems not to have been followed, I have no idea.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

ceetee9 (14th March 2018), DNA (11th March 2018), Ernie Nemeth (14th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), Hervé (11th March 2018), KiwiElf (11th March 2018), Michelle Marie (11th March 2018), Nasu (11th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (11th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

And (most certainly ), neither am I.

But Paul's quite right: the Avalon forum has the right to delete or edit any content according to our guidelines (and we could almost certainly do that even with no guidelines at all), and to 'close channels' (i.e. terminate user accounts) for any reason or no reason, at any time, even without warning or any 'strikes' at all.

It's a private party, as it were. We can pretty much do what we decide to be best, in our own house, with respect to all our many valued invited guests. (And all members have been specifically and individually invited to the party, following their application.)

There may be three differences with YouTube:
    1. They're a huge behemoth relative to us, and may be subject to some form of monopoly regulation.
    2. Anyone at all can wander off the street into their party. There's no application or invitation process.
    3. They also have a contractual commercial/financial relationship with most or all of the channels that are apparently being targeted, and that may change things also (in terms of business practices, fair trade, etc etc).
    Whether this all permits any legal action to be taken when something unfair seems to have happened, or when some published guideline seems not to have been followed, I have no idea.
    Well, I am certainly NOT a lawyer! However, I have witnessed the banter that goes on in court cases.

Natasha does not claim to be a lawyer, but she claims that she has filed a Federal lawsuit with Anti School and others whose names she is keeping confidential.

Only time will tell what comes of the lawsuit.

MM

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

DNA (11th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th March 2018), Hervé (11th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (11th March 2018), Vernaianawa (11th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

On the next episode...

Form Jim Stone:
    March 13 2018

Just like I said, it is now happening:

I did not expect them to target Natural News so quickly, (I thought sites of that size were going to be banned much later) but it has happened:
    - the entire Health Ranger site has now been blown off Youtube.
    Mike Adams-In the most egregious demonstration yet of outright tyranny and oppression of free speech, YouTube terminated the entire Health Ranger channel("TheHealthRanger") without explanation over a week ago.

Since then, the internet has expressed increasing outrage toward YouTube for blatant censorship of a channel with over 350,000 subscribers, 1700+ videos and over a decade of video content covering natural medicine, home gardening, laboratory science and liberty podcasts.

The blatant censorship purge being carried out by tech gatekeepers like Google, YouTube and Facebook can only be called "techno-fascism," and it's rooted in radical left-wing ideology that has disturbingly morphed into an intolerance cult of totalitarian nut jobs.

These people believe that censoring all political opponents is a "victory" for their twisted ideology, and they have now weaponized their power to censor into a campaign of oppression that's so dangerous, even the creator of the World Wide Web is now calling for the tech giants to be urgently regulated to protect free speech.

But wait, there's more!

Georgetown / CIA Sue Infowars, Openly Call For Conservative News To Be Banned SEE THIS

And all I can say now is I blew the whistle first, see the following.

I am not happy at all about being right this time!

REPOST: THIS IS HAPPENING FASTER THAN I EXPECTED:
    Defunding of alt media: A long frustrated talk with a good friend
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (14th March 2018), Jayke (14th March 2018), Michelle Marie (15th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (14th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Georgetown.....Jesuits?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Hervé (14th March 2018), Michelle Marie (15th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,666 times in 638 posts

Tommy Robinson is a controversial figure in Great Britain. He first came across as a racist (which he was) but slowly has evolved into an interesting journalist who is a lot more fact based than before. He has started reaching people outside his normal circles and exposing the government for what it really is. In this quick video he explains the social media attacks he is suffering. At 1:48 mins he explains exactly what is happening.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunwings For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (14th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th March 2018), Hervé (14th March 2018), Michelle Marie (15th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,600 times in 5,379 posts

First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Socialist.

Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.
    Martin Niemoller
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (15th March 2018), Hervé (14th March 2018), Michelle Marie (15th March 2018), sunwings (15th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Follow up on Jim Stone's Paypal saga:
    THE END OF COMPLAINING ABOUT PAYPAL

March 24 2018

It is "replace Paypal time! Paypal actually stole (at least) $520 outright this month (including a portion of the Flashcoin purchases) and this does not mean charge backs, they actually STOLE that much, outright, with no mention of why or where it went.

It either came in and was not added to the total, (two cases of this) or was stolen en route, (five cases of this) or was subtracted from the VISA with nothing ending up in Paypal (two cases of this) and they also stole one outgoing transfer.

They are compromised totally. This is the month someone at Paypal flipped the switch on alt media. Rense noticed also. SO, ADIOS Paypal! You cannot be called a legit service anymore. They have messed around before, but it was survivable.

Not anymore.

I am currently setting up with a legit service. All I need is the CVV off the Visa and it is done.

Rense got hit with Paypal tampering the same time I did!

Without announcing anything, Paypal cut him off.

As I suspected, it was against all of alt media. On the same day I got hit, Rense did too. This was a centralized attack on alt media. Rense and I are anything but pals because Rense thinks I shill for Tepco. But we do fight the same common enemy, as was proven when paypal whacked both of us on the same day!

HEY RENSE, I KNOW YOU HATE ME, BUT AT LEAST SOME (AND POSSIBLY ALL) YOUR PAYMENTS ARE GETTING PAID INTO PAYPAL, AND PAYPAL IS STEALING THEM. I HAVE PROOF!

I CONFIRMED PAYPAL STEALING MYSELF:

To clear a "deficit" they created by stealing, I tried adding money with the Visa card.

Paypal took $80 off the Visa.

The bank here recorded them taking it. And Paypal never credited it to the Paypal account, they just put up a screen saying they would not permit me to put money in Paypal with the Visa, took the money in secret, and sent it out the back door.

Three days later it is still not showing in Paypal as them getting anything. They also did this with payments people tried to send earlier in the month, accidentally captured by Gmail.

They can't sue me for tattling because this is documented. They are stealing outright. We have the bank record showing Paypal taking the money, and never acknowledging it in Paypal.HEY PAYPAL, YOU ARE BUSTED. WE HAVE THE BANK RECORD PROVING YOU TOOK THE MONEY IN THIS DATE RANGE. HOW ABOUT THAT RENSE? THEY ARE SCREWING YOU ROYALLY RENSE, MAYBE THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE HAD REDUCED FINANCES FOR A WHILE. THEY WERE PROBABLY SKIMMING YOU OF ALL OR A PORTION OF ANYTHING YOU COULD NOT CONFIRM (DONATIONS VIA E-MAIL AND FUNDRAISING SITES).The above will be appended with the bank record proving they took the money (I do not have that with me right now for this rant)

Paypal is a corrupted scam now, it is no wonder why Ebay is going to ditch them before 2020.I always thought they were integrated, but they did maintain separate identities and corporations frequently cast off subsidiaries that go to hell.

If Ebay wants to survive, they are going to have to ditch Paypal like a gangrenous leg before the infection destroys the whole body.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (24th March 2018), Bill Ryan (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), KiwiElf (25th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th March 2018), Reinhard (26th March 2018), ThePythonicCow (25th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Other sectors of the Web are also experiencing the toasting heat.
    EMERGENCY WARNING FROM THE SAKER

March 24, 2018
    35 Comments

Dear friends,

I have learned that several anti-Empire websites have been hit by strong and sustained DDoS attacks including Craig Murray (https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archi...-on-this-blog/) and, apparently, the Russian journal New Eastern Outlook which was knocked off line by a big hacking attack and is still down Saturday. They have been attacked multiple times the past 2 months and then a final attack succeeded in shutting them down. They are trying to get it back up.

We might be next.

Should that happen, I ask you to write down the URL to the old, blogspot, domain name I used originally:

Second, please write down these email addresses to contact me if needed: (please use them in the following order)
    vineyardsaker@gmail.com
    vineyardsaker@mail.ru
    vineyardsaker@yandex.com
    (if and when needed, I will provide other contact information)
    [...]

Full article: http://thesaker.is/emergency-warning-from-the-saker/

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

avid (24th March 2018), Bill Ryan (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th March 2018), Reinhard (26th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,637 times in 2,654 posts

Does this mean any paypal transactions to whomever are in dire straits, potentially being ripped off? Cite even more examples locally in UK anyone?
    The love you withhold is the pain that you carry
    and er..
    "Chariots of the Globs" (apols to Fat Freddy's Cat)

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to avid For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Hervé (24th March 2018), KiwiElf (25th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by avid (here)
    Does this mean any paypal transactions to whomever are in dire straits, potentially being ripped off?
    A few months ago, I had my Bank setup a new separate checking account, that I keep very little in. I then switched my Paypal account to taking money from that new, small, account, so that they no longer had access to my main checking account with its billions (billions of nano-cents <grin>.) Paypal is still useful to me occasionally, but certainly not trusted anymore.

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (25th March 2018), Bill Ryan (25th March 2018), Elpis (28th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Hervé (25th March 2018), KiwiElf (25th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th March 2018), Reinhard (26th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    On the next episode...

Form Jim Stone:
    March 13 2018
    The blatant censorship purge being carried out by tech gatekeepers like Google, YouTube and Facebook can only be called "techno-fascism," and it's rooted in radical left-wing ideology that has disturbingly morphed into an intolerance cult of totalitarian nut jobs.

Follow up on Jim Stone's Paypal saga:
    THE END OF COMPLAINING ABOUT PAYPAL

March 24 2018

It is "replace Paypal time! Paypal actually stole (at least) $520 outright this month (including a portion of the Flashcoin purchases) and this does not mean charge backs, they actually STOLE that much, outright, with no mention of why or where it went.
    They're driving us to blockchain (well, distributed ledger, actually) based social media and payment solutions.

This is deliberate!

I predict a Brave New World for distributed ledger based solutions ... not for blockchain based Bitcoin, as that's too slow, but for radically more efficient solutions, running on a world-wide (and off-world) distributed "web" of millions of digital devices, massively parallel, requiring very little from most end-point nodes (your refrigerator, smart phone, and light bulbs will all be quite capable of participating), and capable of handling millions of transactions per second.

A couple of early candidates for providing this fancy new distributed ledger technology are EOS and Hadera Hashgraph.

Both social media, as in this list of 10 Decentralized Social Media Networks to Use Instead of Facebook, and "digital cash" solutions, will move to these distributed ledgers, along with all manner of other legal, contractual, financial, monetary, inventory management, surveillance, propaganda, mass manipulation, information and dis-information sharing, media, education, training, etc, etc, ... services.

The legendary "freedom" of such distributed ledger (think blockchain on steroids) solutions from hacking and central manipulation does not mean what it seems. It means they will be safe from abuse by those not working for the elite. Just as the elite have backdoors to all widely used computer and networking hardware and software systems, so will they have backdoors into these distributed ledger systems.

This is why suddenly Paypal, Facebook and Youtube are coming under such attack ... it is to make happen exactly what is happening ... seeding the migration of active content producers and some portion of the viewing audience to the distributed ledger solutions of this Brave New World.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Hervé (25th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th March 2018), Reinhard (26th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    Language
    English
    Thanks

They're driving us to blockchain (well, distributed ledger, actually) based social media and payment solutions.
    The legendary "freedom" of such distributed ledger (think blockchain on steroids) solutions from hacking and central manipulation does not mean what it seems. It means they will be safe from abuse by those not working for the elite. Just as the elite have backdoors to all widely used computer and networking hardware and software systems, so will they have backdoors into these distributed ledger systems.
    Meanwhile, of course, it shall be enshrined into law that the minions and institutions of the elite bastards have full, unfettered, covert access to the data collected.

For example, two days ago, on Thursday of this week, the US House of Representatives approved an omnibus government spending bill, with a provision called the "CLOUD Act" tucked away in its 2,232, never entirely read by any single person, pages.

According to this Activist Post article, Responsibility Deflected, The CLOUD Act Passes, the "Clarifying Overseas Use of Data" (CLOUD) Act is a far-reaching, privacy-upending piece of legislation that will:
    • Enable foreign police to collect and wiretap people’s communications from U.S. companies, without obtaining a U.S. warrant.
    • Allow foreign nations to demand personal data stored in the United States, without prior review by a judge.
    • Allow the U.S. president to enter “executive agreements” that empower police in foreign nations that have weaker privacy laws than the United States to seize data in the United States while ignoring U.S. privacy laws.
    • Allow foreign police to collect someone’s data without notifying them about it.
    • Empower U.S. police to grab any data, regardless if it’s a U.S. person’s or not, no matter where it is stored.
    The elite and their loyal minions will know all, see all, and share all.

But at least your digital life will be safe from the preying eyes and thieving fingers of common crooks and rogue Internet websites.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

avid (25th March 2018), Bill Ryan (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Hervé (25th March 2018), Ivy23 (25th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th March 2018), onawah (27th March 2018), Reinhard (26th March 2018), sllim11 (25th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Jim Stone's adventures in being toasted:

I hate to take up page space with a topic like this, but I have to say what happened this month.

This month was absolute hell with attacks.

I had 4 cell phones destroyed (and they were not burner phones), three laptops rendered unusable for the web site, two cell modems were also wrecked.

Additionally, someone broke the lock on the driver's side and stole two important cameras.

And, then, Paypal stiffed me $520.

I have therefore been working at cyber cafe's to prevent more computers from getting fragged. I have 3 left so I don't need help with that, and the A8 that got bugged can be swapped for Claudia's and she can take the bugged one to work where it won't matter. It was a bug put into the UEFI bios thanks to whatever back doors there were available.

That's why I went ballistic on the NSA software that got released into the wild. I have confirmed the car is not bugged via a scanner that re-wrote all the code.

ANYWAY, I was not in a panic at all until Claudia informed me of something - a big bill is coming due a week early because of a weird sequence of Mexican holidays that will prevent payment on time if it is not paid early.

-SO-

I need a total of about $400 sent via Western Union or Moneygram, (info at link) because Paypal is camel dung now.

If Paypal had not stiffed me the $520 all would be fine. Who knows what will happen with that, but they are history anyway. ADIOS. Peter sent $50 via Moneygram, thanks!

I am currently setting up with a legit alternative to Paypal. Until this is complete, it has to be wire transfer, thanks!

To those of you who are not familiar with this, the site is running on the primary back up server right now (that is why the address looks like it does) [ http://www.anotherjsserver.com/1cmode/0zz7.html ]

This site has many back up servers. This is the one I usually use.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,535 times in 32,788 posts

Jim Stone's adventures in being toasted:[INDENT]
    I hate to take up page space with a topic like this, but I have to say what happened this month.

This month was absolute hell with attacks.

I had 4 cell phones destroyed (and they were not burner phones), three laptops rendered unusable for the web site, two cell modems were also wrecked.

Additionally, someone broke the lock on the driver's side and stole two important cameras.

And, then, Paypal stiffed me $520.
    I do have to say, that's all a little hard to believe. (I'm not saying it never happened. I'm literally saying I have trouble believing it.)

If this all occurred as stated, there seem to be two possibilities:
    • Jim Stone is incompetent in a number of ways of which he's not fully aware, and that combines with his own paranoia — and maybe also narcissism: there's quite a lot of 'look at me!' in his many posts about this.
    • He's seriously personally enraged someone in high places who has now been making a sequence of quiet phone calls to exact their revenge.
    But the second of those CAN happen, I'm pretty sure. When it does, it explains why some individuals are ruined or murdered, while others (apparently doing much the same thing) may not be targeted at all. It may just depend on who one's unlucky enough to have offended.

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

avid (25th March 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (25th March 2018), Ewan (25th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th March 2018), Hervé (25th March 2018), Michelle Marie (25th March 2018), muxfolder (29th March 2018), Smell the Roses (25th March 2018), Valerie Villars (23rd April 2018)

39. Link to Post #40
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    If this all occurred as stated, there seem to be two possibilities:
    • Jim Stone is incompetent in a number of ways of which he's not fully aware, and that combines with his own paranoia — and maybe also narcissism: there's quite a lot of 'look at me!' in his many posts about this.
    • He's seriously personally enraged someone in high places who has now been making a sequence of quiet phone calls to exact their revenge.
    I see a third possibility:
    • As I speculated yesterday in this post:"They're driving us to blockchain (well, distributed ledger, actually) based social media and payment solutions."
    "They" (minions of the elite bastards) are getting Jim Stone to squeal like a stuck pig (that's not a difficult task), as a small part of an extended campaign to drive humanity into "safer" distributed ledger based solutions.

Quoting a bit more from the above link, "digital cash solutions, will move to these distributed ledgers". That means that Paypal will soon enough be upstaged by some cryptocoins. Only the über-elite can hack cryptocoins, which is just the way they want it.

If they wanted to shut Jim Stone up, they'd either leave him alone, or leave him for dead. They are doing a monumentally incompetent job of either of those possibilities.

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Bill Ryan (26th March 2018), Ewan (26th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), Hervé (26th March 2018), Michelle Marie (26th March 2018), Reinhard (26th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast