+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast

Thread: Examples of Trump Administration Dismantling Deep State’s Agenda 21 Blueprint!

1. Link to Post #101
    United States Avalon Member Dennis Leahy's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,586 times in 5,817 posts

Default Re: Examples of Trump Administration Dismantling Deep State’s Agenda 21 Blueprint!

Trump Vows to Open Minnesota's Superior National Forest to Mines

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...orest-to-mines

"President Donald Trump vowed to keep open large swaths of lands in Minnesota’s remote Superior National Forest to mining, a move that could benefit a copper-nickel project being pursued by Twin Metals Minnesota LLC, a subsidiary of Antofagasta Plc. Speaking at a rally in Duluth, Minnesota, on Wednesday, Trump said his administration would soon be “taking the first steps” to rescind a move made in the final days of the Obama administration to make hundreds of thousands of acres in the national forest off-limits to industrial activity.
    “America’s rich natural resources, of which your state has a lot, were put under lock and key,” Trump said. While he promised to proceed carefully and only if the the move “could pass muster,” he added “it is going to happen, I will tell you.”"

This isn't trump fighting Agenda 21, it is environmental insanity - ecocide for profit. This one happens to be in my back yard, and is very familiar to me.

Take a look at a map of the usa. Look at the Mississippi River. Look where it starts. Think of how many people, and how many other life forms' life and health are affected by what is in the Mississippi River. Then, look north, and recognize that the largest body of fresh water on the planet - Lake Superior - is the OTHER direction that the northern Minnesota streams and rivers connect, if they do not connect to the Mississippi. The "Laurentian Divide" determines the direction of flow.

Minnesota, "The Land of 10,000 Lakes", actually has over 11,000 lakes, numerous swamps, bogs, rivers, and creeks connecting them. It might just be the stupidest place on planet Earth that anyone has ever proposed to create a "sulfide" open pit mine, 100% absolutely guaranteed to leak toxins into the headwaters of the Mississippi River and/or into Lake Superior. The mine would be largely big equipment and supply only about 300 jobs, but corporate interests are what the us government panders to. The same area that would be poisoned for 300 jobs is currently a multi-billion dollar tourist destination employing and supporting thousands of people, for tourists (and locals) to visit these same waters for boating, canoeing, fishing and hunting. It is also sacred to the Ojibwe who migrated here hundreds of years ago, to the place where "the food grows on water." (wild rice) So, this isn't about 300 jobs. This about a multinational corporation about to perform a sort of slash-and-burn, take a big toxic dump on the land, and take the profits and run. The corporation will then be sold, change names, and the ponds full of concentrated toxic sulfide sludge-water (that they propose to "monitor" for 100 years) will leak or overflow (as the giant overflow in Canada a couple of years ago.) The big open sulfide minerals pit will also constantly be releasing sulfides aerially as the rock is blasted, crushed, moved, and worked. This guarantees that Lake Superior - in the path of the typical wind direction - will accumulate toxins, as will acid rain fall on the forests.

Sorry, but this one is really really obvious.

There's no 3-dimensional chess playing going on here. Just a sell-out to a corporation with a history of dirty mining and human exploitation, in a fragile ecosystem that cannot withstand the effects of the toxins.

Allowing fracking, offshore drilling for oil, oil and gas pipelines criss-crossing the us, stripping environmental protections from "the commons", weakening water and air quality laws, etc. etc. etc. - this is not fighting Agenda 21, it is simply being blindly corporate-centric. This is greed in action, sociopathic, me first, me me me me me greedy ****ers with suits and ties and briefcases.

A big problem with fighting "Agenda 21" comes from the fact that some of it (at least) is quite sane. I haven't read the whole thing, but for an example, having humans recognize and respect migratory corridors is environmentally sane. The stance that one's personal freedom to do whatever you want should trump nature is insane. If you think trump just did us a favor,
    (unless you own stock in Polymet, like my neighbor that also works for Enbridge Oil - another nefarious oil pipeline corporation), you're mistaken. If you think this is trump fighting Agenda 21, you're mistaken.

{edit} to add: The toxic sulfide sludge ponds are proposed over the top of an underground stream. The ponds would be made by digging a hole and putting a thick plastic liner in it. Polymet admits that it will leak, but promises to monitor the situation. You can't make this stuff up.

It isn't that trump is stupid, or that obama was stupid, or that bush was stupid, or that clinton was stupid, or that bush was stupid... this isn't about stupidity. They know what they did, and trump knows that what he is doing is corporate-centric. This is about corporate profits in a corporate-centric world with a corporate-centric government (a.k.a. fascist, but it didn't start with trump.)
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 22nd June 2018 at 03:19.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bruno (22nd June 2018), Bubu (26th June 2018), ClearWater (22nd June 2018), Fellow Aspirant (22nd June 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (25th June 2018), justntime2learn (22nd June 2018), Mike (22nd June 2018), mountain_jim (23rd June 2018), Noelle (22nd June 2018), onawah (22nd June 2018), Shadowself (22nd June 2018), Smell the Roses (19th July 2018), Tinman (22nd June 2018), we-R-one (24th June 2018), Yoda (25th June 2018)

3. Link to Post #102
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Re: Examples of Trump Administration Dismantling Deep State’s Agenda 21 Blueprint!

Yup. Follow the money. The greed of the power elite is unbounded.

Our dear Mother Earth and all her life forms are only a resources to be plundered as far as these people are concerned.

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Bruno (22nd June 2018), Dennis Leahy (22nd June 2018), justntime2learn (22nd June 2018), Mike (22nd June 2018), mountain_jim (23rd June 2018), onawah (22nd June 2018), Tinman (22nd June 2018), Yoda (25th June 2018)

5. Link to Post #103
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

Report: Scott Pruitt to Testify Before Senate on Scandals, Ethics Violations
    by Alex Formuzis Environmental Working Group
    TUESDAY, JUNE 19, 2018
    https://www.ewg.org/release/report-s...1#.Wyx52adKgdW
    ( So does Trump have some kind of sleight of hand trick up his sleeve that is going to make all this go away? )
    Quote WASHINGTON – According to press reports, Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt will appear before the full Senate Environment and Public Works Committee sometime in August to answer questions about the multiple federal investigations and other scandals he faces.

The Republican chairman of the EPW committee, Sen. John Barrasso, R-Wyo., announced the upcoming hearing today.

“There is no other official in the Trump administration who has more to answer for regarding violating federal ethics laws and looting taxpayers than Scott Pruitt,” said EWG President Cook. “The committee should require Mr. Pruitt to raise his hand and testify under oath. So far he’s just given Congress the middle finger.”

The last time Pruitt sat before a Congressional hearing, he claimed his then-aide, Millan Hupp, did personal favors for him on her own time, which was later proven false.
    LATEST NEWS
    News Release: House Passes Farm Bill That Would Let Billionaires, Non-Farmers Collect Farm Subsidies
    https://www.ewg.org/release/house-pa...farm-subsidies
    Article: Hundreds of City Slickers, Wealthy Beach Bums Received Farm Payments for 32 Straight Years
    https://www.ewg.org/agmag/2018/06/hu...s#.Wyx7BKdKgdU
    News Release: HHS Releases ‘Nightmare’ PFAS Chemical Study Suppressed by Scott Pruitt, White House
    https://www.ewg.org/release/hhs-rele...e#.Wyx7GadKgdU
    Article: A Tale of Two Farm Bills
    https://www.ewg.org/agmag/2018/06/ta...s#.Wyx7SKdKgdU
    Each breath a gift...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bruno (22nd June 2018), Fellow Aspirant (25th June 2018)

7. Link to Post #104
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,542 times in 20,693 posts

I think we are in agreement about a lot of things, Autumn, and I agree that some of the things Bill Gates has said have been twisted and taken out of context, but I hope you will do more reading on two threads perhaps starting at the end and working forward, as the real situation regarding vaccines has only gotten worse and worse. See:
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1231064
    and
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1230840

Bill Gates was referencing the fact that mothers whose children survive early childhood due to vaccines aren't as inclined to have the traditional ten offspring as a safeguard against high childhood mortality rates. It takes a few generations for this reality to kick in -- but it does, provided mothers have access to birth control and basic education. Gates is not advocating genocide. I imagine he wants to see the lives of women, in particular, improved dramatically.

Does India know something about Bill's agenda? See:
    https://realfarmacy.com/india-going-...-vaccinations/

Quote Posted by AutumnW (here)
    It would be wise to approach this subject with less zeal and more clear headed reason.
    Last edited by onawah; 22nd June 2018 at 06:43.
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bruno (22nd June 2018), Fellow Aspirant (25th June 2018), justntime2learn (22nd June 2018), Mike (22nd June 2018)

9. Link to Post #105
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

I'm curious as to why the Obama administration published this "234,328-acre federal mineral withdrawal application in the Federal Register to restrict for a 20-year moratorium lands within the Superior National Forest in northeast Minnesota" the day before Trump was sworn into office.

For some background (and the source of the quote above), here is the 6-21-18 press release from Congressman Emmer: https://emmer.house.gov/media-center...ral-withdrawal

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

edina (22nd June 2018), justntime2learn (22nd June 2018), Mike (22nd June 2018), onawah (22nd June 2018), we-R-one (24th June 2018)

11. Link to Post #106
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Noelle (here)
    I'm curious as to why the Obama administration published this "234,328-acre federal mineral withdrawal application in the Federal Register to restrict for a 20-year moratorium lands within the Superior National Forest in northeast Minnesota" the day before Trump was sworn into office.

For some background (and the source of the quote above), here is the 6-21-18 press release from Congressman Emmer: https://emmer.house.gov/media-center...ral-withdrawal
    Environmental groups and literally thousands of Minnesota citizens have been not just protesting but also wrangling legally with the EPA and State of Minnesota. Massive pressure has been brought to this. Even a corporatist mobster slimeball like obummer could easily see that this proposed open pit sulfide mine in Minnesota's hydrology zone is several notches beneath insane, and if that wasn't the reason, then it was all the pressure.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bruno (22nd June 2018), Bubu (26th June 2018), dynamo (25th June 2018), Fellow Aspirant (25th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (22nd June 2018), justntime2learn (22nd June 2018), mountain_jim (23rd June 2018), Noelle (22nd June 2018), onawah (22nd June 2018), Valerie Villars (24th June 2018), we-R-one (24th June 2018), Yoda (25th June 2018)

13. Link to Post #107
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,838 times in 5,080 posts

Quote Posted by Noelle (here)

Looks to me like Obama had a two-fold reason (maybe more).

1) Obviously, Obama was (and is) concerned about the legacy that his administration would leave behind. I suppose he wanted, at least to some degree, to have it look like he cared about the environment. Doing so in the last days of his presidency would not garner much disdain from interested parties, or be a problem of his being re-elected.

2) Secondly, keeping America shackled to foreign mineral sources, and continuing to have this country move towards a third world nation status (also an intended outcome of Agenda 21), which was something he was most consistently doing throughout his 8 years in office - e.g. reduction in coal usage.

And it looks like Obama did what he had done best throughout his tenure - violate statutory / regulatory requirements in order to get the deed done.

Letter from Rep. Rob Bishop, chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee:
    Last edited by turiya; 22nd June 2018 at 16:16.

14. Link to Post #108
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Thanks, Turiya. Those were my suspicions, with maybe the second being the primary reason, in my opinion. In this often-discussed plan to destroy America from within. decimating the middle class is one tactic, according to many, that was used.

The "land grab" term in the press release that I posted really popped out at me.

The letter you posted is a great find.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Bruno (22nd June 2018), edina (22nd June 2018), Foxie Loxie (22nd June 2018), genevieve (22nd June 2018), turiya (22nd June 2018), we-R-one (24th June 2018), Yoda (25th June 2018)

16. Link to Post #109
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

Hi Dennis,

I appreciate your comments but it’s not just about profits, there’s more to it than that and plenty of proof exists if you research available documents. Yes corporations make profits, and yes we live in a corporate world. This country is run as a corporation for profit which is why every city, state, and county have EIN numbers so they fall under the corporate infrastructure/jurisdiction of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, all cap on purpose to denote its corporate status. As several of us who’ve been researching and following the Trump Administration, we can clearly see beyond the corporate argument…. it’s about re-establishing the infrastructure of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, in order to strengthen its sovereignty and security, which means, we need access to our lands to obtain mineral resources. The letter Turiya supplies supports this notion without a doubt, great find Turiya! A country our size shouldn’t have to rely on other countries for natural resources, I’ve talked about this already, this is just common sense and Trump understands this completely, thank god, so no, it’s not just about corporate greed. Please don’t ignore this point…. sorry, but in the same token as you put it, this one is ‘really, really obvious’ to myself and others.

Prior administrations have been following the blueprint of AGENDA 21 which promotes blocking industries from having access to land where valuable minerals can be obtained. They hide under the ‘guise of green’, meaning, they sell the idea to the public that blocking access to the land is for environmental protection, when clearly(based on some of the elite’s activities), it’s not about protecting the environment it’s about getting you off the land permanently so you can be condensed and confined into smaller areas where you can be closely controlled! The title of AGENDA 21 expert, Rosa Koire’s book, ‘Behind The Green Mask’ supports my statement, ‘hiding under the guise of green’, it means the same thing.

If you look at the AGENDA 21 Wildlands Project Map, you can see how the area the in NE Minnesota corridor where Superior National Forest resides(the location you are referring to) is highlighted in red. The long term goal is to permanently remove and deny access to the people from all these regions highlighted in red, where’s the balance in that?

The letter Turiya supplied from The U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Natural Resources, clearly states:
    “The two projects affected by this illegal withdrawal are believed to hold significant quantities of several strategic and critical minerals including nickel, scandium and cobalt. Today, the United States imports 100% of our scandium (mostly from China), 76% of our cobalt and more than 90% of our nickel requirements thus making this withdrawl inconsistent with national security interests.

So how can a country of our size run efficiently and securely if we cannot have access to our own resources?? What solutions can you offer to fill the void? This cannot be ignored and swept under the carpet!

Additionally:
    “Unfortunately under the prior Administration, mineral access on Federal land was regularly and systematically blocked, harming our nation’s economic and strategic potential. Indeed, millions of acres of Federal lands were inappropriately withdrawn from mineral access due to false premises of environmental protectionism and the intentional misuse of statutory authority.

‘Millions of acres’……which again, is the long term purpose of the Wildlands Project Map….’all in the name of green’. One cannot deny the implications and long term intentions of the nefarious. On the very first post I supplied the blueprint of AGENDA 21 for one to read. If you take the time to study the work of Rosa Koire, it’s very clear based on the behavior of past administrations, that we were complying and implementing AGENDA 21 policies and procedures. Implementation began with Executive Order 12852 in THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Like I’ve said before, many of us believe in environmental protections, how many times does this need to be said??? It’s common sense……So what’s needed is balance here, no one is denying that Dennis and I think most people agree.

Can we not find ways to mine efficiently? That’s where efforts need to be placed. Hold their feet to the fire (the current EPA administration) to ensure the impact from mining doesn’t damage the environment that’s their job. I have no qualms with that. No access to the land is not a solution. Minerals are a necessity for an advanced civilization are they not? I don’t see the populations of the world as they stand, getting away from this factoid do you? None of us want the waters polluted, and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous.

I do think this administration understands the need for common sense and balance. I pulled this just for you Dennis, as based on your comments you might not be aware that migration corridors are being taken into consideration so let’s give credit where credit is due instead of demonizing every move they make to be nefarious:

Secretary Zinke Prioritizes Conservation & Big Game Migration Corridors
    Signs Order Directing More Resources Toward Habitat Restoration, Conservation, Collaboration and Research

“Today, at the Western Conservation and Hunting Expo in Salt Lake City, Utah, U.S. Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke signed Secretarial Order 3362, which will improve habitat quality and western big game winter range and migration corridors for antelope, elk, and mule deer. The order fosters improved collaboration with states and private landowners and facilitates all parties using the best available science to inform development of guidelines that helps ensure that robust big game populations continue to exist.”

Source: https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/se...tion-corridors

This administration hasn't been in office all that long and I'm amazed how much has been accomplished even without a full staff. For the 100th time, it won't be perfect, there will be issues, but I feel hopeful that we at least have a future under the current administration.

Also did you know water is renewable?
    "A recent study documented the presence of vast quantities of water locked far beneath the earth’s surface. That study confirmed “that there is a very, very large amount of water that’s trapped in a really distinct layer in the deep Earth… approaching the sort of mass of water that’s present in all the world’s ocean”

Source: http://primarywater.org/

That doesn't mean we don't protect what we have, but at least knowing we have some sort of a back up is reassuring when mistakes occur.

17. Link to Post #110
    Language
    English
    Thanks

What you are missing is that we the people do not need the unobtanium, but we do need the Tree of Souls.

When the project was first proposed, it was proposed as a "copper and nickel" mine. When that didn't work, Polymet/Glencore upped the ante and mentioned gold and platinum, and that got them some more investors. When the people who actually live here still didn't want the area ecologically destroyed so that 300 people (and only some of them locals) would have mining jobs for 20 years and so that some international corporation (with an infamous track record, globally, of human exploitation and ecocide) could export the ore (one of the "selling points" is that the ore was to be exported), and 99% of the profits, now suddenly there are "strategic metals" in the deposit that the poor widdle usa has to have for full-spectrum global dominance. Right.

Scandium: alloyed with aluminum for aluminum baseball bats, and alloys in some aerospace components. Not mined in the usa, inc. since 2012... hmmm.... Hey, wait a minute, so there are scandium deposits in the usa!

Australia, New Zealand, and Norway all also have scandium deposits, so it's not like the usa, inc. mobsters would have to import from "the bad guys" (whoever isn't currently playing ball by usa, inc. rules.)

Cobalt: https://thediggings.com/commodities/cobalt/usa
    There are 12 working mines, in 8 US States, that produce cobalt, which occurs in at least 24 US States. I'm guessing that none of them have 11,000 lakes, plus bogs and swamps and streams and creeks and rivers... and quite probably the worst hydrology for containment of the sulfide toxins.

You're probably also aware that the usa, inc. has officially stated that they are going to steal as many minerals from Afghanistan as they feel will equal what Afghanistan owes the usa for destroying their country. Afghanistan has trillions of dollars worth of minerals. I don't remember ever hearing that the usa was going to take something that they did not take, so the usa, inc - even if they did not already have rare earth deposits as well as stockpiles - has already claimed those minerals too.

Sorry, this is hardly life-or-death mineral needs for the american empire.

It is really hard to argue with a concern about property rights for individuals, but not for the property and consequential health rights of all of us. We will never see eye-to-eye on the Libertarian mindset. If something is good for Clive Bundy but bad for humanity, it is bad. Period.

A handful of people will financially benefit from this mine, but millions of people - locals and visitors and everyone both downstream the Mississippi and up into Lake Superior - will get the ecocidal effects of the mining. Please pay attention to the reality that the hydrology of Minnesota is not conducive to sulfide mining, and that the mining company has admitted that the toxins will leak - not "might leak" but "will leak." You are terribly mistaken that environmental efforts are all "agenda 21" based - sometimes it really just is sane humans protecting the only habitat we have. You said, "Like I’ve said before, many of us believe in environmental protections, how many times does this need to be said??? It’s common sense…" and my answer is that it sure is easy to override the common sense of protecting the environment with rationalizations about why (usually "JOBS!") we need to ignore the environment just this once... Can you imagine a proposed project that is so obviously ecocidal that a good corporate marketing department cannot get it to go through, with disingenuous deflections such as saying it is in the strategic interest of the usa? Of course they can. Look how bright you are, and they snowed you.

I have to say, the argument presented appears to be blinded by anti-agenda21 fanaticism. I wonder if the mobster that made that scary map is aware it would create a phalanx of activists supporting extractive corporations? This case is really, really an easy one to see through the veil. This is nothing but corporate greed, whitewashed, emblazoned with a usa, inc. flag, and jammed down our throats. Please look more closely at the hydrology, the airborne sulfides, and the fact that millions of people here do not want this, won't benefit from it (as if that would trump a healthy environment), and will have to wallow in the toxins for thousands of years. Please do not cheer-on Sauron to turn the Shire into Mordor.
    Last edited by Dennis Leahy; 24th June 2018 at 21:38.

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bubu (26th June 2018), dynamo (25th June 2018), Fellow Aspirant (25th June 2018), mountain_jim (25th June 2018), Noelle (25th June 2018), onawah (24th June 2018), Shadowself (25th June 2018), Tinman (25th June 2018), turiya (25th June 2018), Yoda (25th June 2018)

19. Link to Post #111
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Quote Posted by Dennis Leahy (here)
    What you are missing is that we the people do not need the unobtanium, but we do need the Tree of Souls.

When the project was first proposed, it was proposed as a "copper and nickel" mine. When that didn't work, Polymet/Glencore upped the ante and mentioned gold and platinum, and that got them some more investors. When the people who actually live here still didn't want the area ecologically destroyed so that 300 people (and only some of them locals) would have mining jobs for 20 years and so that some international corporation (with an infamous track record, globally, of human exploitation and ecocide) could export the ore (one of the "selling points" is that the ore was to be exported), and 99% of the profits, now suddenly there are "strategic metals" in the deposit that the poor widdle usa has to have for full-spectrum global dominance. Right.

Scandium: alloyed with aluminum for aluminum baseball bats, and alloys in some aerospace components. Not mined in the usa, inc. since 2012... hmmm.... Hey, wait a minute, so there are scandium deposits in the usa!

Australia, New Zealand, and Norway all also have scandium deposits, so it's not like the usa, inc. mobsters would have to import from "the bad guys" (whoever isn't currently playing ball by usa, inc. rules.)

Cobalt: https://thediggings.com/commodities/cobalt/usa
    There are 12 working mines, in 8 US States, that produce cobalt, which occurs in at least 24 US States. I'm guessing that none of them have 11,000 lakes, plus bogs and swamps and streams and creeks and rivers... and quite probably the worst hydrology for containment of the sulfide toxins.

You're probably also aware that the usa, inc. has officially stated that they are going to steal as many minerals from Afghanistan as they feel will equal what Afghanistan owes the usa for destroying their country. Afghanistan has trillions of dollars worth of minerals. I don't remember ever hearing that the usa was going to take something that they did not take, so the usa, inc - even if they did not already have rare earth deposits as well as stockpiles - has already claimed those minerals too.

It is really hard to argue with a concern about property rights for individuals, but not for the property and consequential health rights of all of us. We will never see eye-to-eye on the Libertarian mindset. If something is good for Clive Bundy but bad for humanity, it is bad. Period.

A handful of people will financially benefit from this mine, but millions of people - locals and visitors and everyone both downstream the Mississippi and up into Lake Superior - will get the ecocidal effects of the mining. Please pay attention to the reality that the hydrology of Minnesota is not conducive to sulfide mining, and that the mining company has admitted that the toxins will leak - not "might leak" but "will leak." You are terribly mistaken that environmental efforts are all "agenda 21" based - sometimes it really just is sane humans protecting the only habitat we have. You said, "Like I’ve said before, many of us believe in environmental protections, how many times does this need to be said??? It’s common sense…" and my answer is that it sure is easy to override the common sense of protecting the environment with rationalizations about why (usually "JOBS!") we need to ignore the environment just this once... Can you imagine a proposed project that is so obviously ecocidal that a good corporate marketing department cannot get it to go through, with disingenuous deflections such as saying it is in the strategic interest of the usa? Of course they can. Look how bright you are, and they snowed you.

I have to say, the argument presented appears to be blinded by anti-agenda21 fanaticism. I wonder if the mobster that made that scary map is aware it would create a phalanx of activists supporting extractive corporations? This case is really, really an easy one to see through the veil. This is nothing but corporate greed, whitewashed, emblazoned with a usa, inc. flag, and jammed down our throats. Please look more closely at the hydrology, the airborne sulfides, and the fact that millions of people here do not want this, won't benefit from it (as if that would trump a healthy environment), and will have to wallow in the toxins for thousands of years. Please do not cheer-on Sauron to turn the Shire into Mordor.
    This is very well expressed, Dennis. I couldn't agree more.

Those who are obsessed with the "Evil Agenda 21" model, which was and is a voluntary agreement, should follow some of its disseminators upstream. If they did, they might be surprised to find that those who decry it as an evil enterprise are in the pay of one Robert Mercer. Mercer, of course, is the money man behind Breitbart and many other 'libertarian' movements. Mercer and his ilk push to do away with all government, starting with regulations that impede their ability to exploit the world's resources and humanity.

B.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Bruno (26th June 2018), Dennis Leahy (25th June 2018), dynamo (25th June 2018), Noelle (25th June 2018), onawah (25th June 2018)

21. Link to Post #112
    Thanks

You are terribly mistaken that environmental efforts are all "agenda 21" based - sometimes it really just is sane humans protecting the only habitat we have. You said, "Like I’ve said before, many of us believe in environmental protections, how many times does this need to be said??? It’s common sense…" and my answer is that it sure is easy to override the common sense of protecting the environment with rationalizations about why (usually "JOBS!") we need to ignore the environment just this once... Can you imagine a proposed project that is so obviously ecocidal that a good corporate marketing department cannot get it to go through, with disingenuous deflections such as saying it is in the strategic interest of the usa? Of course they can. Look how bright you are, and they snowed you.
    Well in the same token one could say you are terribly mistaken if you think environmental efforts aren’t agenda 21 based, especially with so much documentation... including the memo Turiya provided, if you understand what's being suggested within it. But let’s be clear, I never said ‘all’ and I wasn’t referring to individuals such as yourself. I believe I said ‘past administrations’ were operating under ‘the guise of green’ through federal agencies via Executive Order 12852, that is how AGENDA 21 was initiated and implemented via the required participation of said agencies. It’s documented fact and irrefutable. And there are non-profit organizations involved, and continue to this day in the millions from what I can see, including radically motivated environmental groups. Most people are completely unaware, which is how they built it off the backs of the people. So who’s getting ‘snowed’ here?

I also asked for ‘balance’, I did not suggest we ‘ignore’ the environment now did I? I’m well aware of the problems mining can create. Who could forget the disastrous Gold King Mine waste water spill in 2015 created by our supposed 'environmentally concerned', 'pro-gressive' EPA administration? Am I to believe these are the ‘sane humans’ you speak of out to protect the only habitat we have? And that was the point I was making earlier, past administrations through their actions(using the above example) clearly had no concern for the environment as the disaster seems to strongly hint at being intentional. How ‘Progressive’ of them.

EPA, the Department of the Interior, and the Gold King Mine Disaster — Part 4
    http://mosteklaw.com/epa-department-...saster-part-4/

Organizations and Administrations can easily hide under ‘all in the name of green’, as in some cases such as yours it makes sense, for now,.... but decades down the road it fits conveniently into their scheme of keeping you off the land and away from the benefits resources can provide. Do you honestly think ‘we the people’ will continually have access to the land you speak of for your entertainment and pleasure? The answer is no and in time if the agenda was allowed to continue, your rights to access the land would be whittled away indefinitely. The Wildlands Map is not just about protecting the environment and you’re kidding yourself if you think it is… and it’s why so many are fooled as ‘initially’ some of the concepts and concerns make sense, however, it’s not the point of the end game. ‘Inventory and control’ is……..

I don’t completely disagree with your concerns Dennis, I’m not the enemy here. Why can’t we come up with more innovative ways to mine cleaner? But that’s not what this thread is about. It’s about Examples of Trump Administration Dismantling Deep State’s Agenda 21 Blueprint which clearly is being done whether one has eyes to see or not. The Obummer Administration knew exactly what it was doing when it moved to slate Minnesota’s ‘hundreds of thousands of acres in the national forest off limits to industrial activity’, and it wasn’t because they cared about the environment,…this is the very same Administration behind Gold King and that’s my point.

I do find the remarks by Rob Bishop, Chairman of the House Natural Resources Committee rather intriguing in regards to the past administration, ”Indeed millions of acres of Federal lands were inappropriately withdrawn from mineral access due to false premises of environmental protectionism and the intentional misuse of statutory authority.”

I feel the need to repeat the above from the memo provided, as it shouldn’t be overlooked. Why on Earth would he be making such a claim? Did you miss that? ‘False premises of environmental protectionism’……. Is he just making this up? Is his intention corporate greed too? So we’re not just talking about the corner of NE Minnesota here…..’millions of acres’, this is case in point AGENDA 21, which is radicalized dictatorship at its finest, hence ‘intentional misuse of statutory authority’. Maybe you should read the memo again and ask yourself what's really going on because it's not just about Minnesota.
    Last edited by we-R-one; 25th June 2018 at 05:27.

22. Link to Post #113
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)

Those who are obsessed with the "Evil Agenda 21" model, which was and is a voluntary agreement,
    B.
    Voluntary? I didn't vote for it......... and neither did Congress, it was forced upon our country via Treaty and Executive Order just like it was for you.

Is UN Agenda 21 in Canada?

"You bet it is. Here's an excerpt from the Canadian government's own website ENVIRONMENT CANADA"

Go here: https://www.democratsagainstunagenda...a-21-in-canada

What can I say......good luck with that....your country's sovereignty is long gone and for that I feel sorry for the Canadians.

UN Agenda 21/Sustainable Development is the action plan implemented worldwide to inventory and control all land, all water, all minerals, all plants, all animals, all construction, all means of production, all energy, all education, all information, and all human beings in the world. INVENTORY AND CONTROL.----Rosa Koire
    Last edited by we-R-one; 25th June 2018 at 06:01.

23. Link to Post #114
    Language
    English
    Thanks

”Indeed millions of acres of Federal lands were inappropriately withdrawn from mineral access due to false premises of environmental protectionism and the intentional misuse of statutory authority.”

Discernment, please. This is nothing but this man's political - i.e. agenda for his gang members - opinion. Opinion at best, much more likely a deliberate lie. My opinion is that this is nothing but duopoly gangster propaganda, based on a lie. The thinktank behind this statement and their partners are invested in mining, of course. Isn't it obvious? This is the intentional misuse of statutory authority! Unravel the doublespeak of the megacorporate mobsters, our enemy.

I think you may need to stop and take a look at the enemy, our enemy.

This is the enemy. The enemy we've all been fighting against. We are not even sure what the global rulers call themselves as a group, but they cannot hide behind the curtain in all ways. They also have quite an obvious presence - this amorphous blob of interconnected corporations. This is them in the daylight. One of those dots is this scumbag mining company. Get it? They are all connected. Earth is not run by aliens, it is run by the people that own/control these corporations (yellow dots) and corporate empires (red dots.) This is the 0.01% of humanity that pretty much already own planet Earth. It's not even legal for these corporations to be of benefit to humanity or planet Earth, it is against the C-corporation charter. PROFITS MUST COME FIRST. Corporate law. This diagram represents my enemy, and whether you know it or not, and whether you cheer for them or not, this is also your enemy. You glorify and worship the elite when you fight FOR their corporations.

So, some mineral that lies deep beneath 11,000 lakes and the largest watershed in the usa - which the usa, inc. hasn't had to destroy yet, for god and country and to save our velveeta cheese - somehow just got strategic.

Strategic. Let me guess: Hellfire missiles. It must be for the nosecone of Hellfire missiles. The pointy part that the usa sticks into the bride at a wedding in some far off land we just don't care about, for target practice. The usa, inc. either is lying about the need to poison the headwaters of the Mississippi River and Lake Superior for some dire strategic need, or else maybe some scumbag elite-owned international mining corporation that couldn't care less about Minnesota, or the usa, inc., or any of the millions of people or trillions of other life forms that will be affected/poisoned, is simply going to steal minerals the cheapest way possible leaving the largest possible toxic dump that they can get away with. Maybe it's just another case of Elite scumbags stealing from us, from the commons. I'm pretty sure that they don't plan to share the profits with me or other Minnesotans, and you folks in other states shouldn't wait at the mailbox for a check either. Speaking of checks, what would you estimate would be the monetary value of a major toxic spill at the headwaters of the Mississippi River? A few trillion? Maybe a quadrillion?

So, it was public land, but it's somehow OK to turn public land - tourist-worthy boreal forest that already makes millions in touristy, money that actually stays in Minnesota - into an open-pit sulfide mine, and Minnesotans especially (ground zero) and every person and dog and turtle all the entire way down the Mississippi gets a share of sulfide toxins all along the way, all the way to the Gulf of Mexico (where yet another Elite-owned, Big Energy multinational corporation destroyed vast segment of the environment.) And I'm supposed to cheer for the governmental mobsters that OK it and the Ruling Elite that simply get to destroy whatever they want to get whatever they want?

Show me on a map of the usa where the proposed new (Big Mining, Big Energy) projects are that you would fight to protect the area. You said of course you're for the environment, so I'd like to see if you can find a worse place in the USA for a sulfide mine. I'm serious, see if you can find somewhere that would cause a bigger environmental catastrophe, where you would draw the line and say "NO!" And, find the spots where would you say, "that pipeline may not go there!" or "no, you cannot frack in this entire state", or "no, this waterway is too important to too many people and too many species." Where are those places?

I've been fighting for the Earth, for all the life forms, all my life. Long before "agenda 21" was written. You know, the m---f---ing corporations we have fought against our whole lives? You remember? THE ENEMY. The Ruling Elite. Who the hell do you think these international mining companies are? Are you so blinded by your fear of that document that you will cheer on the enemy? Do you understand "the commons?"

For all the people that support the elite, the "temporarily displaced millionaires", who will never have what the elite have, you are actually rich beyond your wildest imagination. If you actually visit all the public lands of the USA, part of the commons that we all own, you start to see how rich you are, how rich WE are, COLLECTIVELY. It's already ours, unless we let the ruling elite take it away from us. They have already sold off some US tollways and ports - public works projects. Our property, collectively. They sold it to foreign corporations. These bastards have stolen land all across the usa for minerals, lumber, gas, and oil, for their friends/associates/fellow mobsters, and their Ruling Elite bosses. Right-in-your-face-crony-capitalism at its worst. The hand-selected handmaidens of the Ruling Elite are all sitting in power positions, doing the "inside job" of allowing the Ruling Elite to steal the commons. Know your enemy, don't be manipulated by your enemy into supporting them.

It makes no difference if your perception of a toxic mine in an active hydrology zone is a win against "Agenda 21." It isn't a win for me or you or millions of others. It's the Jesuits! No, it's the Jews! No, it's the aliens! No, it's Agenda 21!

No, it's just the mobsters doing what they do best, stealing sh!t.

Sorry, I won't continue here. This isn't even about trump, he's just a cranky toddler playing a part in a TV show. This is blind zealotry fueled by a hypersensitivity to a document that could never come to pass - unless they really do kill 99% of us. I'm not going to take any more time to explain to you what and who you are supporting, and what area of the usa you are willing to allow to be poisoned for some corporation and their inbred and interlinked cousins and their owners to make profits. Strategic minerals and energy? Pffffft! What a load of crap. The "strategy" in "strategic" is their strategy to steal minerals and make money. Blast away! Drill, baby, drill!

24. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Leahy For This Post:

Bruno (25th June 2018), ClearWater (25th June 2018), dynamo (25th June 2018), Ernie Nemeth (25th June 2018), Inaiá (5th July 2019), justntime2learn (25th June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (25th June 2018), mountain_jim (25th June 2018), Noelle (26th June 2018), onawah (25th June 2018), Shadowself (25th June 2018), Yoda (25th June 2018)

25. Link to Post #115
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Brook passed on 25 Oct, 2018.
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,199 times in 1,540 posts

Holy fricking crap Dennis!

Quote So, some mineral that lies deep beneath 11,000 lakes and the largest watershed in the usa - which the usa, inc. hasn't had to destroy yet, for god and country and to save our velveeta cheese - somehow just got strategic.
    I've been too sick to debate a damned thing... but that was the best rant I've seen in years! Needed to be said and thank you.
    Last edited by Shadowself; 25th June 2018 at 12:38.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Post:

Bruno (25th June 2018), Dennis Leahy (25th June 2018), justntime2learn (25th June 2018), mountain_jim (25th June 2018), Noelle (26th June 2018), onawah (25th June 2018), Yoda (25th June 2018)

27. Link to Post #116
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,272 times in 8,658 posts

Quote Posted by Shadowself (here)
    Holy fricking crap Dennis!

Quote So, some mineral that lies deep beneath 11,000 lakes and the largest watershed in the usa - which the usa, inc. hasn't had to destroy yet, for god and country and to save our velveeta cheese - somehow just got strategic.
    I've been too sick to debate a damned thing... but that was the best rant I've seen in years! Needed to be said and thank you.
    Agreed and thanks Dennis for your efforts, awareness, and anti-corporate-greed point of view as it relates to the environment in our publicly-owned lands in the USA and in general.
    Last edited by mountain_jim; 25th June 2018 at 13:32.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

Bruno (25th June 2018), Dennis Leahy (25th June 2018), justntime2learn (25th June 2018), Noelle (26th June 2018), onawah (25th June 2018), Shadowself (25th June 2018), Yoda (25th June 2018)

29. Link to Post #117
    Thanks

This is too, too funny, Dennis. I watched Avatar just yesterday - the day before you posted this.
    A nice analogy to go with such an exquisite rant.

Coincidence? Who knows. But I can understand where you're coming from.

...The BLM Eyeballing The Bundy Ranch...

We will never see eye-to-eye on the Libertarian mindset. If something is good for Clive Bundy but bad for humanity, it is bad. Period.
    ”Indeed millions of acres of Federal lands were inappropriately withdrawn from mineral access due to false premises of environmental protectionism and the intentional misuse of statutory authority.”

Discernment, please. This is nothing but this [Rob Bishop] man's political - i.e. agenda for his gang members - opinion. Opinion at best, much more likely a deliberate lie. My opinion is that this is nothing but duopoly gangster propaganda, based on a lie. The thinktank behind this statement and their partners are invested in mining, of course. Isn't it obvious? This is the intentional misuse of statutory authority! Unravel the doublespeak of the megacorporate mobsters, our enemy.
    Very good to see you fired up about something, Dennis.

However, it would be best to keep one's feet firmly planted on the ecological ground while the mind soars high into the altitude that is filled with smokey clouds of opinionated hearsay fiction.

You mentioned Clive Bundy. Yes, Clive Bundy was assaulted by the USA incorporated Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
    The 2014 Bundy standoff was an armed confrontation between supporters of cattle rancher Cliven Bundy and law enforcement following a 21-year legal dispute in which the United States Bureau of Land Management (BLM) obtained court orders directing Bundy to pay over $1 million in withheld grazing fees for Bundy's use of federally-owned land adjacent to Bundy's ranch in southeastern Nevada. -- Wikipedia
    The ongoing dispute started in 1993. Oh yeah, that was the same year that Bill Clinton signed EO 12852 - Agenda 21.... Funny, there's another one of those 'coincidences.'

And, within your rant you're basically calling Utah Rep. Rob Bishop as being part of the 'mob' - the USA, incorporated.

But, if this was true, then tell me this...
    If Rob Bishop was truly a part of the so-called 'mob' that you speak of - i.e. usa, inc. - then why would Representative Rob Bishop (Utah) be exposing the land-grabbing antics of the BLM with its statutory overreach and abuse of the Antiquities Act.

Why?

I would think if Rob Bishop was a part of the so-called mob, then WHY would he be exposing the BLM in its attempt to gain more power & confiscate more land under the belt of USA, inc? That doesn't quite make any sense.

Rob Bishop:
    Bishop Uncovers Additional DOI Documents, Secret Strategizing

August 17, 2010 Press Release

Congressman Rob Bishop (UT-01), Chairman of the Congressional Western Caucus, today announced that he recently obtained the preceding 14 pages previously missing from an internal Department of Interior (DOI) memo leaked last February. The original document obtained in February by Bishop detailed planning within the DOI to use the Antiquities Act to potentially designate up to 13 million acres throughout the West as new national monuments. The newly obtained 14 pages further detail plans within the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) to completely overhaul the way federal lands are managed in the U.S., including the creation of new ecosystem areas that require the acquisition of new federal lands. The plans would vastly expand the power, reach and control of federal land managers.

“These 14 pages are further evidence of this Administration’s efforts, under the guidance of Secretary Salazar, to control western lands by unilaterally locking them up without input from local residents and stakeholders nor the approval of Congress. Their plotting behind closed doors is disingenuous at best and flies in the face of this Administration’s so-called ‘transparency’,” said Congressman Bishop. “Thousands of westerners whose livelihoods depend upon access to our public lands stand to be affected by these decisions and yet this document blatantly goes out of its way to exclude their input or participation. If there was any question about whether or not this Administration has declared a war on the West, these new documents are evidence enough.”

The BLM is only one of the divisions of the DOI that have compiled similar memos. On February 26, 2010, Congressman Bishop, House Natural Resources Committee Ranking Member Doc Hastings (WA-04) and other Western Caucus Members sent a letter to DOI Secretary Ken Salazar requesting all relative information pertaining to the DOI's plans to designate new national monuments throughout the West. It has been more than five months since the request was made and the DOI continues to refuse to fully comply with the official document request.

"The reality is that this is NOT the complete set of documents pertaining to the Administration's plans to overhaul the way public lands are managed in this country. We know that other documents like this are out there. We've requested them, but the folks at Interior continue to stonewall," Bishop added. "My biggest concern is that if they're willing to let documents this damning out from their safekeeping, they are surely protecting others that are far worse and even more revealing."
    Page 3, paragraph 6: The sentence, "In order to expand this network of treasured lands to include the diversity of landscapes currently managed by the BLM…," shows that the Administration is working to broaden the jurisdictional scope of lands currently managed by the BLM.

Page 5, paragraph 5: The sentence, "Should the legislative process not prove fruitful, or if a nationally significant natural or cultural land resource were to come under threat of imminent harm, the BLM would recommend that the Administration consider using the Antiquities Act…," shows that the Administration is constructing a new management structure without the approval of Congress.

Page 6 (b), page 7 (4.), page 8 (3.): Details planning for further land acquisition and funding mechanisms.

Page 7, paragraph 1; Page 6, paragraph 7: By their own numbers, the Administration will target the "acute" problem of private landholdings in BLM administered areas to the sum of 412,675 acres, or more than 370,000 football fields.

Page 9, paragraph 5: The sentence, "The BLM recommends that any major funding increases be phased in over a five-year period to allow the BLM time to build capacity in order to accomplish the increased work-load," shows that the BLM will require an increase in funding to accommodate the proposed expanded management of lands throughout the West.
    "I remain committed to forcing Secretary Salazar and all others involved in this matter into the light of full transparency, which as these documents prove, is not a place they seem to be comfortable,"Bishop concluded."But this potential land and power grab needs to exposed, it needs to be laid out before the public, and it needs to be stopped."
    Now, let’s understand just where the Hammond family of cattle ranchers fit in with all of this. They are the last private property holdouts in an area surrounded by BLM land. The court has declared that the BLM has first right of refusal to buy their land if/when they decide to sell. This is a polite way of stating that since the government is intent on grabbing the land for Agenda 21, everything will be done to get that accomplished. And when the Hammonds can no longer run their ranch due to unjust imprisonment, restriction to water and loss of grazing rights, no one will be able to buy it or even want to except for, you’ve got it, the BLM. And the agency will get it for pennies on the dollar.
    Source
    Dennis - Obviously, your rant is just as opinionated - its also contrary to what is found based in fact.
    Last edited by turiya; 26th June 2018 at 14:00.

30. Link to Post #118
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,268 times in 2,725 posts

was going through the pages on this thread hoping to see someone dismantle the fallacy that Trump is doing good to the people.
    thanks Dennis glad to have you here.
    fact is, if you go through deep research you can easily be misled. Small prints always speak the loudest.
    "the essence of the genius is knowing what to ignore" A. Einstein.

I will never ignore how Trump bad mouthed Kim at the height of the tension and tried very hard to coax the madman (allegedly) to draw the first blood so he can start world warIII. Trump diffusing war? never. sooo from that point of view, whatever good seemingly trump is doing will always be a facade to me. Unless...
    Last edited by Bubu; 26th June 2018 at 11:52.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Bruno (26th June 2018), Dennis Leahy (26th June 2018), turiya (26th June 2018)

32. Link to Post #119
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    was going through the pages on this thread hoping to see someone dismantle the fallacy that Trump is doing good to the people.
    thanks Dennis glad to have you here.
    fact is, if you go through deep research you can easily be misled. Small prints always speak the loudest.
    "the essence of the genius is knowing what to ignore" A. Einstein.

I will never ignore how Trump bad mouthed Kim at the height of the tension and tried very hard to coax the madman (allegedly) to draw the first blood so he can start world warIII. Trump diffusing war? never. sooo from that point of view, whatever good seemingly trump is doing will always be a facade to me. Unless...
    .... Unless you can understand... that it was the MSM, the propaganda arm of the Deep State, that was promoting that tension... that was pushing the notion that Kim Jong Un was a madman...

.... Unless you can understand... Game Theory... Or, as Trump puts it: "The Art of the Deal." Or, to put it another way, 'The Art of Playing Chicken'.

.... Unless you can understand... Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    The Daily Caller
    CHANNELING SUN TZU: HOW TRUMP’S FOREIGN POLICY MAKES SENSE

8:00 PM 04/17/2017
    By Patrick Basham | Director, Democracy Institute

Contrary to conventional wisdom, Donald Trump does have a foreign policy strategy, and he’s rapidly unveiling its tactical instruments. Widespread criticism of Trump’s alleged lack of a grand global vision, replete with mockery of sequential ‘flip flops’ on Syria, Russia, China, and NATO, is the reflexive reaction of a confused political class, accustomed to checkers-playing American leaders being outmaneuvered by their chess-playing foreign peers.

Trump’s foreign policy twists and turns actually channel Sun Tzu’s “The Art of War.” This Chinese classic, studied since ancient times, is the world’s seminal guide to political and military strategy. “The Art of War” resonates today because Sun Tzu formulated his ideas in an environment characterized by ever-shifting patterns of alliance, the destabilization of interstate relationships, and warfare among aspirants to hegemony.
    The lessons Trump’s learned from “The Art of War” apparently include:

Deception: “Even though you are competent, appear incompetent. Though effective, appear ineffective.”
    It’s essential that America confuse her enemies at every opportunity. Sometimes, the opportunity presents itself in apparently undesirable yet beneficial ways. Consider President Reagan’s choreographed public persona vis-à-vis the then-Soviet Union. During the 1980s, the caricature of Reagan as an ignorant, warmongering, trigger-happy cowboy had the tangible benefit of keeping the Soviets off-guard, unnerved, and uncertain of potential American responses.

Trump is blessed with the same advantages: a media and an opposition that consider him bellicose, extreme, and ill-considered in his responses to sensitive national security matters. From Beijing to Tehran to Raqqa, there’s now tangible apprehension that he may respond disproportionately to any provocation, which is a very favorable position.

Secrecy: “The business of the general is quiet and secret…His plans are calm and deeply hidden, so no one can figure them out…secrecy and misdirection are essential arts.”
    On April 7th, no one from Capitol Hill to Damascus to the Kremlin knew the U.S. would bombard one of the Syrian regime’s airfields with 59 Tomahawk missiles. That’s the way Trump wanted it. No one knows whether this was a one-off action, or a precursor to a full-fledged intervention. And, that’s the way he wants to, and should, keep it.

Subtlety: “Be extremely subtle…Thereby you can be the director of the opponent’s fate.”
    In international relations, subtle generosity towards an adversary can be beneficial. Nothing confuses a leader more than a kind gesture from his enemy; hence, nothing renders him or her more vulnerable. Witness Trump’s calming rhetoric on currency manipulation and accommodating gestures on future trade agreements that incentivized Chinese President Xi Jinping to help contain the truly urgent matter of North Korea.

Surprise: “The advantages of unexpectedness…The element of surprise, so important for victory…depends on knowing others while being unknown to others.”
    President Obama’s publicly explained to Islamic State his strategy to defeat them. The tactics, largely comprising remote control drone and limited air strikes handcuffed by politically correct rules of engagement, were too predictable. To make matters worse, Obama micromanaged his military leaders. Unsurprisingly, the strategy failed.

We couldn’t defeat radical Islamic terrorism until and unless we began to mix things up. A more varied game plan would force the terrorists to second guess their defensive strategies, which would heighten the probability of actual victory.

To date, the surprise under Trump is the assorted and unpredictable approach to combatting terrorism, including a de facto relaxation of the rules of engagement. Trump has also wisely delegated tactical decision-making to his generals in Middle Eastern and African hotspots, such as Somalia, where U.S. Africa Command carries out counterterrorism operations against Al Shabaab, the al-Qaeda affiliate.

America’s war with radical Islamic terrorism is an asymmetrical conflict between a nation and groups that have disparate military capabilities. The problem is that, until recently, our political leadership didn’t know that, or at least chose not to demonstrate it.

No longer. Thursday saw the first battlefield use of the GBU-43/B, the so-called “mother of all bombs.” In an unexpected move, the U.S. military’s largest non-nuclear weapon was dropped on Islamic State’s new beachhead in eastern Afghanistan, killing almost 100 terrorists.

Flexibility: “[T]he keys to victory are adaptability and inscrutability.”
    On the campaign trail, Trump had harsh words for those NATO allies not paying their share of the West’s defense budget. Accordingly, he suggested the military alliance may be “obsolete.” President Trump now says NATO isn’t obsolete. And, he now supports Montenegro’s admittance into NATO.

Why the changes? NATO secretary general, Jens Stoltenberg, attests that Trump’s focus upon freeloading allies resulted in several member countries increasing their contributions. Trump also appreciates how much eastern Europe’s NATO members unnerve Vladimir Putin. Montenegro is a minor addition, but she’s of tremendous symbolic value. Both moves signal to the Russian president that, rather than Europe’s diplomatic doormat, the Trump administration better resembles a powerful guard dog.

President Obama talked a lot about what little he was going to do to protect national security. America needed less talk from her commander-in-chief and simply more getting the job done. In his presidency’s infancy, Donald Trump’s already doing this. Not too shabby a start for a know-nothing rookie.

The Daily Caller
    Last edited by turiya; 26th June 2018 at 14:12.

33. Link to Post #120
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Sounds a little like George Washington, doesn't it?!!

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

BMJ (27th June 2018), genevieve (27th June 2018), justntime2learn (27th June 2018), KiwiElf (27th June 2018), turiya (26th June 2018), we-R-one (26th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 6 8 LastLast