+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 3 13 15 LastLast

Thread: Sergei Skripal: who was behind the Salisbury poisoning?

1. Link to Post #41
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,637 times in 18,693 posts

Default Re: Sergei Skripal: who was behind the Salisbury poisoning?

This is what I thought straight away the timing , motives ,consequences
    all seemed contrived and make no sense. It could be rogue Russian
    agents ? or as one pundit suggested Putin did it to look strong at home,
    on the eve of the Russian elections which seems silly as he is favourite to
    win without any external support. Also they do not want extra negative
    world opinion with the soccer World cup coming up in a few months in
    Russia. It does make sense for the globalist to do it to put pressure
    on Putin in Syria and the Ukraine and justify all the Russia hysteria
    in the US and the west....

Did Putin Poison A British Ex-Spy, Or Was It A Globalist False Flag?

Published on 15 Mar 2018
    Ted Malloch joins Alex Jones live via Skype to discuss European politics,
    including the claim from the UK that Putin is somehow behind the poisoning
    of an ex-spy on British soil.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (16th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #42
    Thanks

Ep. 588: 'Russian Spy Attack' Special: what is next for Russia & the United Kingdom?
    goingundergroundRT

Published on 14 Mar 2018
    In this special broadcast, we speak to Lembit Opik, Piers Robinson, and Ben Harris-
    Quinney about Theresa May’s statement on the Russian Spy Attack and the future
    of anglo-russian diplomatic relations.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (16th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #43
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 46,596 times in 5,413 posts

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    If this is May's WMD moment I think she's about to be found out.

"It is a scientific impossibility for Porton Down to have been able to test for novichoks, without possessing some to develop the tests. As Dr Black has revealed Porton Down had never seen any Russian novichok, they cannot have a test for it unless they synthesised some themselves to develop the tests. And if they can synthesise it, so can many others, not just the Russians.

And finally – Mirzayanov is an Uzbek name and the novichok programme, assuming it existed, was in the Soviet Union but far away from modern Russia, at Nukus in modern Uzbekistan. I have visited the Nukus chemical weapons site myself. It was dismantled and made safe and all the stocks destroyed and the equipment removed by the American government, as I recall finishing while I was Ambassador there. There has in fact never been any evidence that any “novichok” ever existed in Russia itself."

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk

"I certainly hope that Skripal, his companion, and anybody else affected, recover fully from whatever has attacked them. But I moved long ago past a world view where my country are the “goodies” and Russians are the “baddies”, and instead I reached an understanding that those in power oppress the people, universally. The idea that the elaborate spy games between world intelligence agencies are a battle between right and wrong, is for the story books. They are all wrong, all part of a system where power over people is controlled for the benefit of the wealthy, and battles are over hard resources, whichever “side” you are on."

Craig Murray former British Ambassador.

http://truepublica.org.uk/united-kin...mi6-salisbury/
    A brilliant selection of pertinent comments posted here Baby Steps and thank you

This whole saga has found me revisiting L. Fletcher Prouty's 1973 masterpiece 'The Secret Team' and I'd strongly recommend it as a research resource.

We can think of this poisoning incident as a classic 'black' operation.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Ashy67 (22nd March 2018), avid (18th March 2018), Baby Steps (16th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (16th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #44
    Thanks

Lavrov accuses UK of violating law, Moscow opens case into the poisoning of Skripal's daughter
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cHwhWlcLcE
    Published on 16 Mar 2018
    Russia has announced it's opened a criminal investigation into the attempted
    murder of Yulia Skripal, the daughter of the former Russian spy who was also
    poisoned in the English city of Salisbury. READ MORE: https://on.rt.com/918t

====================================================

Spy poisoning: Putin most likely behind attack - Johnson

Russian President Vladimir Putin is "overwhelmingly likely" to have
    ordered the nerve agent attack on an ex-spy and his daughter, Boris
    Johnson has said.The foreign secretary said "our quarrel is with Putin's
    Kremlin, and with his decision" over the Salisbury incident.

Russia denies involvement and said the accusations against Mr Putin
    were "shocking and unforgivable".Meanwhile, the head of Nato told the
    BBC that Russia has underestimated the "resolve and unity" of the UK's
    allies.Speaking during a visit to a west London military bunker with the
    Polish foreign minister, Mr Johnson said the UK's "quarrel is with Putin's
    Kremlin".

"We think it overwhelmingly likely that it was his decision to direct the
    use of a nerve agent on the streets of the UK, on the streets of Europe,
    for the first time since the Second World War," he said.

read more...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43429152

==============================================

When Russia Is Accused of Anything the Usual Requirements of
    Proof Are Overlooked and Ignored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voowOJUjO4M
    What's the genesis of the entire anti-Russian frenzy? When did it start?
    I'll give you a hint. Hillary Clinton.

Britain says proofless blame for the poisoning of double agent Sergei Skripal
    and his daughter in the English city of Salisbury lies with the Russian state.
    Which of course is counterproductive. Prime Minister Theresa May responded
    by expelling 23 Russian diplomats, severing high-level contacts with Moscow
    and vowing to take both open and covert actions against Russian dirty money
    and "hostile state activity."

#LionelNation🇺🇸

===================================================

Skripal case helps divert attention from Brexit’ – Russian ambassador to UK
    Yakovenko (EXCLUSIVE)

Published on 16 Mar 2018
    The UK is using the Skripal case to divert attention from Brexit issues, Russia’s
    Ambassador to the UK Alexander Yakovenko told RT. London has actively engaged
    a NATO-led anti-Russian campaign for this purpose, he said. READ MORE: https://on.rt.com/917l
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 17th March 2018 at 13:18.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (18th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (16th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2018), KiwiElf (16th March 2018), Tintin (16th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #45
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

Thank you TinTin!

It is worth keeping tabs in Craig Murray's blog as there is a twitter spat going on with a chemist. This man is claiming that mass spectroscopy can identify the agent - so the Porton Down guys would be able to identify it without ever having encountered it.

This sounds questionable, but I am not a chemist
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 16th March 2018 at 17:27.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Ashy67 (22nd March 2018), Cidersomerset (16th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2018), Tintin (16th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #46
    Thanks

‘Blatant Russian-ness’: West shifting blame to
    Moscow again…now in Skripal poisoning case

Published on 16 Mar 2018..RT.
    A joint statement by the UK, US, France and Germany says the poisoning
    of ex-double agent Sergei Skripal was a violation of Britain’s sovereignty
    by Russia and was the first offensive use of a chemical agent since World War II.

==================================================

Galloway: Russia could not benefit from Skripal poisoning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snm1Yvwuu4
    Published on 15 Mar 2018
    "It's absolutely absurd that Russia would actually put its signature on a crime
    like this if they had carried it out" says George Galloway as Sergey Lavrov says
    Moscow's "not seeing progress" to resolve standoff.

==================================================

Kirkham: UK police doesn't provide a running commentary
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWg__Y_loDo
    Published on 15 Mar 2018
    "UK police doesn't provide a running commentary" says Peter Kirkham as
    Theresa May expels 23 Russian diplomats over spy poisoning case
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 16th March 2018 at 18:20.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (18th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (16th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2018), KiwiElf (16th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #47
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    Thank you TinTin!

It is worth keeping tabs in Craig Murray's blog as there is a twitter spat going on with a chemist. This man is claiming that mass spectroscopy can identify the agent - so the Porton Down guys would be able to identify it without ever having encountered it.

This sounds questionable, but I am not a chemist
    My pleasure Yes, me too, I am no chemist although I would have liked to have pursued that in Secondary school. Alas, I was able to bomb on physics instead, twice remarkably, although I may have become better at it since leaving school and pursuing this sort of research!

I suspect it could have been acquired from pretty much anywhere but the proximity (and convenience) of Porton Down to the crime scene does certainly make that an enormous, and at the moment at least, my favourite candidate for its source.

And I agree with whoever it was here Add edit: your good self in fact who pointed out that this is May's WMD moment, absolutely.
    Last edited by Tintin; 16th March 2018 at 20:02.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Baby Steps (16th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #48
    Thanks

I do wonder if the Deepstate globalists are trying to get Trump to distance himself
    from Russia by using the UK to deepen the wedge through our close ties and NATO
    alliances ? an attack on one is an attack on all type of thing.

Russia spy poisoning: 23 UK diplomats expelled from Moscow

13 minutes ago...17/3/18

Russia is to expel 23 British diplomats in a row over the nerve agent attack on an-
    ex spy and his daughter in the UK.The Russian foreign ministry said staff would be
    expelled from Moscow within a week in response to Britain's decision to expel 23
    Russian diplomats. It also said it would close the British Council in Russia, which
    promotes cultural ties between the nations, and the British Consulate in St
    Petersburg.

UK Prime Minister Theresa May said: "We anticipated a response of this kind."

She said that the government will consider its next steps "in the coming days,
    alongside our allies and partners".

"We will never tolerate a threat to the life of British citizens and others on British
    soil from the Russian Government," she added.

The UK ordered Russian diplomats to leave the country over the incident on 4
    March which the UK government has blamed on Russia - but which Russia denies.
    The British Council, the UK's international organisation for cultural relations and
    educational opportunities, said it was "profoundly disappointed" at being told to
    cease operations in Russia.

read more...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43440992

UK accuses Russia of Skripal incident but they had cases of lying in the
    past – OPCW representative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbj-3XpQ5fg

Published on 16 Mar 2018
    Alexandr Shulgin, Russia's permanent representative to the Organisation for the
    Prohibition of Chemical Weapons and ambassador to the Netherlands, discusses the
    issue of Skripal incident.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 17th March 2018 at 15:39.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Eric J (Viking) (17th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #49
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

The "secret" Theresa May claims is only known to Russia could have been obtained by anyone with an internet connection and $8.16 to spend (such as Skripal himself)
    (Off Guardian: https://russia-insider.com/en/guardian_1) Mar 16, 2018
    We already know UK PM Theresa May misrepresented the Russian law on executing terrorists in foreign lands, in order to bolster her currently evidence-free claims of Russian culpability in the poisoning of ex-MI6 employee Sergey Skripal. Her narrative remains, as of March 15, bald and unconvincing. But it seems things may be about to get even worse for her and what some see as her bid to “Falklandise” her flagging premiership. It seems the “nerve agent” she claims was used to attack Skripal and his daughter may not actually exist.

Incredible as it may seem given the tale of certitude told by May in Parliament, and given the column inches used up in the media assuring the UK public how terrifyingly toxic “novichok” really is, the evidence for this alleged super-poison’s existence currently rests solely on the unproven claims of a dissident soviet “military chemist” named Vil Mirzayanov.
    Mirzayanov told his western handlers a group of new (“novichok” in Russian can be translated as “new stuff” or “new arrival”) and allegedly highly dangerous compounds which he claimed could be created by combining commonly available substances, but it turns out western scientists were far from convinced by his claims, and, even as recently as two years ago, the efficacy and even the existence, of these “novichoks” was still deemed to be entirely speculative.
    For example in 2013 the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (the body the UK refuses to work with in the Skripal case) had this to say about the potential reality of novichoks:
    Regarding new toxic chemicals not listed in the Annex on Chemicals but which may nevertheless pose a risk to the Convention, the SAB makes reference to “Novichoks”. The name “Novichok” is used in a publication of a former Soviet scientist who reported investigating a new class of nerve agents suitable for use as binary chemical weapons. The SAB states that it has insufficient information to comment on the existence or properties of “Novichoks” Report of the Scientific Advisory Boardon Developments in Science and Technology for The Third Review Conference p. 3, section 8
    And again in 2016 Dr Robin Black, former head of the detection laboratory at the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory at Porton Down made the same point:
    In recent years, there has been much speculation that a fourth generation of nerve agents, ‘Novichoks’ (newcomer), was developed in Russia, beginning in the 1970s as part of the ‘Foliant’ programme, with the aim of finding agents that would compromise defensive countermeasures. Information on these compounds has been sparse in the public domain, mostly originating from a dissident Russian military chemist, Vil Mirzayanov. No independent confirmation of the structures or the properties of such compounds has been published. Robin Black (Dr), Development, Historical Use and Properties of Chemical Warfare Agents. Royal Society of Chemistry 2016, cited in “Doubts about novichoks” by Piers Robinson & Paul McKeigue
    What these publications are effectively saying is – there’s no evidence any of these compounds work in the way claimed and Mirzayanov may very possibly be exaggerating or inventing.
    Which raises the question – how did the scientists allegedly sourced by May suddenly feel able to not only identify this previously poorly understood and questionable substance, but identify where it came from and lay claim to it being massively deadly and toxic? As Craig Murray says (our emphasis):
    …now, the British Government is claiming to be able instantly to identify a substance which its only biological weapons research centre has never seen before and was unsure of its existence. Worse, it claims to be able not only to identify it, but to pinpoint its origin. Given Dr Black’s publication, it is plain that claim cannot be true.
    But that’s not all. There’s also problems with May’s claim that the “novichok” formula is a deep secret, known only to the Russians. Mirzanayov was interviewed by AFP about the Skripal case and this is what he said:
    “Only the Russians” developed this class of nerve agents, said the chemist. “They kept it and are still keeping it in secrecy.”
    More:
    https://russia-insider.com/en/novich...amazon/ri22800

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

avid (18th March 2018), Cidersomerset (17th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th March 2018), Jayke (17th March 2018), Reinhard (18th March 2018), Tintin (17th March 2018)

19. Link to Post #50
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

here we are , its spring and allegedly getting warmer.

UK and its european allies are increasingly dependent on Russian gas. But they want to hurt and marginalise russia prior to invading it, either commercially or physically, in order to steal its resources.

How to hurt Russia now? stop buying gas. What to replace it with? DOMESTIC FRACKING

if you oppose british fracking you are not an environmentalist, no, you are a Russian agent!

we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

avid (18th March 2018), Cidersomerset (17th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (17th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th March 2018), Hervé (17th March 2018), Jayke (17th March 2018), Reinhard (18th March 2018), Tintin (17th March 2018)

21. Link to Post #51
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,016 times in 8,167 posts

This situation is huge and obviously, to me, well planned and computer modelled.

I'm now seeing this in the same way I see the attack on independent media on youtube etc.

It's all been stewing since Trump won the election. It's taken them a long time to go back to square one and use the computer modelling to come up with a new plan to get them out of this situation they have found themselves in.

Call me nuts, but, I even think the weather phenomenon recently, called the "beast from the east", is part of the program the computers came up with, and quite probably engineered too.

I suppose there is 'some' point to discussing the nitty gritty details of who had the ability to make a nerve agent etc, but we need to get our heads around a very big picture here. It's all coordinated on a vast scale. We are being pushed by the full clout of all their resources.

As soon as I turn on the radio and hear the tone of the "Russia" news, I KNOW this is all a huge and very tactical crock.

Try to grasp the fact that it's taken them since November 2016 to run the computers, meet and talk etc, to get this operation up and running. It's big, and we are not facing it at the right level. We have to grasp the meme and turn it around, not pick over the rubble of the moves they are stringing together with this.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (17th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th March 2018), Jayke (17th March 2018), Reinhard (18th March 2018), Tintin (17th March 2018)

23. Link to Post #52
    Language
    English
    Thanks

It's a little rich that Mrs May (in full on Tony Blair circa 2003 WMD mode - thanks to Baby Steps for that hint) has the temerity to accuse Russia of breaching a UN chemical weapons treaty when, at Porton Down, in England the last time I looked (sarcasm, come on in) is still actively experimenting with agents.

Smacks of hypocrisy on a scale that beggars belief. That said, it would have been briefing officers via the Admiralty in all likelihood, I suspect, that will have concocted this script. She's been hoodwinked as well unless privy to, or actively involved in authoring it. (bangs head on a wall repeatedly at this point)

Name:  banging_head.gif
Views: 348
Size:  13.1 KB

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (18th March 2018), Baby Steps (17th March 2018), Cidersomerset (17th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (18th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (17th March 2018), Jayke (17th March 2018), Reinhard (18th March 2018), Star Tsar (17th March 2018)

25. Link to Post #53
    Thanks

Businessman Bill Browder total BS , he obviously hates Putin and sounds like a
    intel asset....But this is the type of interview/segment on the US mainstream..

Former Putin target on why Russia is behind spy poisoning
    Fox News
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0odotsIW4E
    Published on 17 Mar 2018
    World leaders condemn Russia in nerve gas attack on British soil.
    Businessman Bill Browder speaks out on 'Journal Editorial Report.'

=================================================
    =================================================

Quote How to hurt Russia now? stop buying gas. What to replace it with? DOMESTIC FRACKING
    Cathy Newman asks whether Russia would turn off the gas ? The Ambassador
    replied no....

'No proof' Sergei Skripal ill in hospital: Russian Ambassador Alexander Yakovenko

Published on 16 Mar 2018..Channel 4 News
    Before the announcement from the Met Police about Nikolai Glushkov,
    Cathy Newman went to the Russian Embassy in London to speak to the
    Russian Ambassador to Britain. I began by asking him what he made of
    the UK Government's accusations that the Russian state was behind the
    Salisbury attack.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 17th March 2018 at 23:17.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (18th March 2018), Jayke (17th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #54
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,016 times in 8,167 posts

I find myself navigating more and more by how something feels than by scooping up lots of different lines of bullsh!t looking for a guide line in the narrative.

I'm very well used to how brit public figures talk when they are relatively relaxed and doing the normal crap. Nothing about this is like that. They are all under the whip and kidding themselves it's the right thing to do for Britain.

**The Roths are very good at disguising their interests as the interests of Britain.

This circus is cringemaking at best, and I think I'll need the sick bucket handy.

** Speaking of which, has the queen made any comment yet ?
    Last edited by norman; 17th March 2018 at 21:54.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Post:

Baby Steps (17th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (18th March 2018), Jayke (17th March 2018)

29. Link to Post #55
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Ian Crane nailed it for me with his twitter comment:

Quote ONLY an intellectual pygmy, with a Room Temperature IQ, would entertain Theresa May's attempt to pin this BS on Russia ... when there's NOT A SHRED of hard evidence in the public domain to support this assertion!
    There’s a couple good books to help deconstruct the narrative...Alex Krainer - the Killing of Bill Browder. This book shows Browder and his connections to the Jewish/American oligarchs that raped Russia at the end of the Yeltsin era. Bill Bowders book ‘Red Notice’ was a deep state propoganda piece that the West used as evidence for creating the Magnitsky Act, an act that gives the US an excuse to slap sanctions on Russia.

William Engdahl’s latest Book Manifest Destiny: Democracy as Cognitive Dissonance gives an analysis of those behind the NGO’s operating in Russia, in tandem with people like Bill Browder, at the time Russia was being raped and pillaged by the West.

The fact Bill Browder is being rolled out again now as the ‘Expert’ to push this latest pitiful propoganda effort is a good indicator of who’s really behind the poisoning plot (the crypto-jew oligarchs of Israel and the Bush/Clinton/Soros faction of the US deep state). Theresa Mays strings are clearly being pulled to the extent that it’s making her and the rest of the British political establishment look like spineless, imbecilic, hysterical, jellyfish—and frankly, I’m feeling completely embarrassed for them right now.

The danger for me is that this whole affair is planned to make Theresa May and the Tory party look weak, pathetic and stupid—so that in the next election, votes switch to the left for Corbyn as Prime Minister—who would definitely find a way to reverse Brexit and keep us in the EU. It’s a globalist last ditch coup on sanity itself. One that’s already backfired on them and left them looking like the worlds latest laughing stock.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

avid (18th March 2018), Cidersomerset (17th March 2018), norman (18th March 2018), Tintin (17th March 2018)

31. Link to Post #56
    Thanks

Quote There’s a couple good books to help deconstruct the narrative...Alex Krainer - the Killing
    of Bill Browder. This book shows Browder and his connections to the Jewish/American oligarchs
    that raped Russia at the end of the Yeltsin era. Bill Bowders book ‘Red Notice’ was a deep state
    propoganda piece that the West used as evidence for creating the Magnitsky Act, an act that
    gives the US an excuse to slap sanctions on Russia.
    I thought there was something overly aggressive and odd about his hate of Putin , and
    I slightly edited the above post to highlight the channel 4 vid with the Russian UK ambassador.
    Where 'attack bitch' Cathy Newman tried to accuse him of supporting conspiracy theories...

Virtually all the mainstream news segments in the US/UK have been towing the
    official UK government line....

Media and legal analyst gives his thoughts....

The Skirpal et Fille Poisoning: The Conspiracy Theory
    Embraced by Those Who Hate Conspiracy Theories

Published on 17 Mar 2018
    Let's put the controversy into context this way. And pay close attention.
    This was crafted by my topiarist Lars and it spells out the quandary perfectly.

"Here is what makes no sense to me: If I ran Russia and there was an
    individual in a Russian prison that I wanted dead, why would I not do it
    then, when that person was completely under my control, where the
    investigation into their death was completely under my control, and when
    their death would create almost no international news, instead of allowing
    them to flee to England and perform the hit on British soil, where the
    operation would be risky, where I have no control over the subsequent
    investigation and which would be sure to create an international political
    firestorm?"

Yet despite the preposterous nature of this "conspiracy theory" it is
    nonetheless espoused by those who normally eschew them.
    #LionelNation🇺🇸
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 17th March 2018 at 23:18.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

avid (18th March 2018), Jayke (18th March 2018), Reinhard (18th March 2018), uzn (18th March 2018)

33. Link to Post #57
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Is the need to obfuscate this little piece of evidence linked to the Skripal case?

Quote Syrian Army Intercepts Truck Heading to Terrorists in Eastern Ghouta (Sputnik)

Only one minute and eight seconds long. Check out the label at 0:42 (Salisbury, England) and the Captagon and other drugs at 1:01. Lots of guns, ammo, and mortars too.
    From here: https://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2018...omment-2939803

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th March 2018), Jayke (18th March 2018), Reinhard (18th March 2018), Tintin (18th March 2018), uzn (18th March 2018)

35. Link to Post #58
    Language
    English
    Thanks

@Baby Steps: I'm posting the text from Craig Murray's Truepublica submission and thanks, again, for linking us to it.

I think this will also better work up front for people to read; it damns the official story, and provides great background as well, in shaping a view here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Craig Murray. Craig Murray is an author, broadcaster and human rights activist. He was British Ambassador to Uzbekistan from August 2002 to October 2004 and Rector of the University of Dundee from 2007 to 2010.–

‘Russian to Judgement‘:

"The same people who assured you that Saddam Hussein had WMD’s now assure you Russian “novichok” nerve agents are being wielded by Vladimir Putin to attack people on British soil. As with the Iraqi WMD dossier, it is essential to comb the evidence very finely. A vital missing word from Theresa May’s statement yesterday was “only”. She did not state that the nerve agent used was manufactured ONLY by Russia. She rather stated this group of nerve agents had been “developed by” Russia. Antibiotics were first developed by a Scotsman, but that is not evidence that all antibiotics are today administered by Scots."

The “novichok” group of nerve agents – a very loose term simply for a collection of new nerve agents the Soviet Union were developing fifty years ago – will almost certainly have been analysed and reproduced by Porton Down. That is entirely what Porton Down is there for. It used to make chemical and biological weapons as weapons, and today it still does make them in small quantities in order to research defences and antidotes. After the fall of the Soviet Union Russian chemists made a lot of information available on these nerve agents. And one country which has always manufactured very similar persistent nerve agents is Israel. This Foreign Policy magazine (a very establishment US publication) article on Israel‘s chemical and biological weapon capability is very interesting indeed. I will return to Israel later in this article.

Incidentally, novichok is not a specific substance but a class of new nerve agents. Sources agree they were designed to be persistent, and of an order of magnitude stronger than sarin or VX. That is rather hard to square with the fact that thankfully nobody has died and those possibly in contact just have to wash their clothes.

From Putin’s point of view, to assassinate Skripal now seems to have very little motivation. If the Russians have waited eight years to do this, they could have waited until after their World Cup. The Russians have never killed a swapped spy before. Just as diplomats, British and otherwise, are the most ardent upholders of the principle of diplomatic immunity, so security service personnel everywhere are the least likely to wish to destroy a system which can be a key aspect of their own personal security; quite literally spy swaps are their “Get Out of Jail Free” card. You don’t undermine that system – probably terminally – without very good reason.

It is worth noting that the “wicked” Russians gave Skripal a far lighter jail sentence than an American equivalent would have received. If a member of US Military Intelligence had sold, for cash to the Russians, the names of hundreds of US agents and officers operating abroad, the Americans would at the very least jail the person for life, and I strongly suspect would execute them. Skripal just received a jail sentence of 18 years, which is hard to square with the narrative of implacable vindictiveness against him. If the Russians had wanted to make an example, that was the time.

It is much more probable that the reason for this assassination attempt refers to something recent or current, than to spying twenty years ago.

Were I the British police, I would inquire very closely into Orbis Intelligence.

There is no doubt that Skripal was feeding secrets to MI6 at the time that Christopher Steele was an MI6 officer in Moscow, and at the the time that Pablo Miller, another member of Orbis Intelligence, was also an MI6 officer in Russia and directly recruiting agents. It is widely reported on the web and in US media that it was Miller who first recruited Skripal.

My own ex-MI6 sources tell me that is not quite true as Skripal was “walk-in”, but that Miller certainly was involved in running Skripal for a while. Sadly Pablo Miller’s LinkedIn profile has recently been deleted, but it is again widely alleged on the web that it showed him as a consultant for Orbis Intelligence and a consultant to the FCO and – wait for it – with an address in Salisbury.

If anyone can recover that Linkedin entry do get in touch, though British Government agencies will have been active in the internet scrubbing.

It was of course Christopher Steele and Orbis Intelligence who produced for the Clinton camp the sensationalist dossier on Trump links with Russia – including the story of Trump paying to be urinated on by Russian prostitutes – that is a key part of the “Russiagate” affair gripping the US political classes. The extraordinary thing about this is that the Orbis dossier is obvious nonsense which anybody with a professional background can completely demolish, as I did here. Steele’s motive was, like Skripal’s in selling his secrets, cash pure and simple.

Steele is a charlatan who knocked up a series of allegations that are either wildly improbable, or would need a high level source access he could not possibly get in today’s Russia, or both. He told the Democrats what they wish to hear and his audience – who had and still have no motivation to look at it critically – paid him highly for it.

I do not know for certain that Pablo Miller helped knock together the Steele dossier on Trump, but it seems very probable given he also served for MI6 in Russia and was working for Orbis. And it seems to me even more probable that Sergei Skripal contributed to the Orbis Intelligence dossier on Trump. Steele and Miller cannot go into Russia and run sources any more, and never would have had access as good as their dossier claims, even in their MI6 days. The dossier was knocked up for huge wodges of cash from whatever they could cobble together. Who better to lend a little corroborative verisimilitude in these circumstances than their old source Skripal?

Skripal was at hand in the UK, and allegedly even close to Miller in Salisbury. He could add in the proper acronym for a Russian committee here or the name of a Russian official there, to make it seem like Steele was providing hard intelligence. Indeed, Skripal’s outdated knowledge might explain some of the dossier’s more glaring errors.

But the problem with double agents like Skripal, who give intelligence for money, is that they can easily become triple agents and you never know when a better offer is going to come along. When Steele produced his dodgy dossier, he had no idea it would ever become so prominent and subject to so much scrutiny. Steele is fortunate in that the US Establishment is strongly motivated not to scrutinise his work closely as their one aim is to “get” Trump. But with the stakes very high, having a very loose cannon as one of the dossier’s authors might be most inconvenient both for Orbis and for the Clinton camp.

If I was the police, I would look closely at Orbis Intelligence.

To return to Israel. Israel has the nerve agents. Israel has Mossad which is extremely skilled at foreign assassinations. Theresa May claimed Russian propensity to assassinate abroad as a specific reason to believe Russia did it. Well Mossad has an even greater propensity to assassinate abroad. And while I am struggling to see a Russian motive for damaging its own international reputation so grieviously, Israel has a clear motivation for damaging the Russian reputation so grieviously. Russian action in Syria has undermined the Israeli position in Syria and Lebanon in a fundamental way, and Israel has every motive for damaging Russia’s international position by an attack aiming to leave the blame on Russia.

Both the Orbis and Israeli theories are speculations. But they are no more a speculation, and no more a conspiracy theory, than the idea that Vladimir Putin secretly sent agents to Salisbury to attack Skripal with a secret nerve agent. I can see absolutely no reason to believe that is a more valid speculation than the others at this point.

I am alarmed by the security, spying and armaments industries’ frenetic efforts to stoke Russophobia and heat up the new cold war. I am especially alarmed at the stream of cold war warrior “experts” dominating the news cycles. I write as someone who believes that agents of the Russian state did assassinate Litvinenko, and that the Russian security services carried out at least some of the apartment bombings that provided the pretext for the brutal assault on Chechnya. I believe the Russian occupation of Crimea and parts of Georgia is illegal. On the other hand, in Syria Russia has saved the Middle East from domination by a new wave of US and gulf sponsored extreme jihadists.

The naive view of the world as “goodies” and “baddies”, with our own ruling class as the good guys, is for the birds. I witnessed personally in Uzbekistan the willingness of the UK and US security services to accept and validate intelligence they knew to be false in order to pursue their policy objectives. We should be extremely sceptical of their current anti-Russian narrative. There are many possible suspects in this attack.
    Last edited by Tintin; 18th March 2018 at 12:54.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th March 2018), Cidersomerset (18th March 2018), Jayke (18th March 2018)

37. Link to Post #59
    Thanks

Russia spy row: UK lab could be poison source, says ambassador

1hr ago ...18/3/18

Russia's EU ambassador has suggested a UK research laboratory
    could be the source of the nerve agent used in the attack on an
    ex-spy and his daughter.

Vladimir Chizhov told the BBC's Andrew Marr Show Russia had
    "nothing to do" with the poisoning in Salisbury of Sergei Skripal a
    nd his daughter Yulia.He said Russia did not stockpile the poison
    and that the Porton Down lab was only eight miles (12km) from the city.

UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson described the claims as "satirical".

Retired military intelligence officer Mr Skripal, 66, and Yulia, 33,
    remain critically ill in hospital after being found slumped on a
    bench in Salisbury city centre on 4 March.

read more...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43446312

Apart from the Russian EU ambassador interview the rest of the guests
    tow the UK government view....

The Andrew Marr Show
    18/03/2018....You need a UK TV licence to access iplayer....
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episod...show-18032018#

Andrew Marr does ask one of the most stupidest questions when he asks
    the Ambassador does Russia have any spies in the UK ? The ambassador
    just smiles and responds has the UK have any spies in Russia ? to which
    Marr switches subjects.....

Boris Johnston responds to the ambassadors interview saying the Russians
    lie basically....

================================================

This is another example of 'Stop Putin' mentality in the mainstream.

Columnist calls on countries to expel Russian ambassadors

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/edit...69&do=editpost

Published on 17 Mar 2018..Fox
    Tom Rogan of the Washington Examiner says that if Russia expels British
    diplomats, Britain, the U.S. and other countries should expel Russian ambassadors
    in return.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 18th March 2018 at 13:07.

38. Link to Post #60
    Thanks

John Pilger sums it up pretty well ......

'Skripal case is a carefully-constructed drama' - John Pilger

Published on 18 Mar 2018
    Russia-UK relations plunge amid row over the poisoning
    of a former spy. Award-winning journalist John Pilger
    joins RT to discuss this issue.

Check out http://rt.com

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Baby Steps (18th March 2018), Eric J (Viking) (18th March 2018), Jayke (18th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 3 13 15 LastLast