+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where Are the Bolts?

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Where Are the Bolts?

Undamaged bolt holes indicate that bolts were removed prior to the collapse of each of the two towers. See the attached study. Draw your own conclusions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Richard; 31st December 2010 at 23:02.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbj3n546pt For This Post:

Aayushi sinha (8th May 2013), Beth (31st December 2010), Richard (31st December 2010)

3. Link to Post #2
    Australia Avalon Member str8thinker's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 times in 530 posts

Default Re: Where Are the Bolts?

Thanks for this post. It's amazing that something so obvious should be hidden in plain sight until now.

4. Link to Post #3
    Deactivated
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 times in 727 posts

No wonder all the scrap steel was shipped out to China................

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,043 times in 8,169 posts

errr...

the images in the pdf don't really convince me of the arguement.

1) the steel the bolts were holding together was very thick and would have tranferred most of the tear stress to the bolts.

2) As a result of 1) above the random weak point would have been within each bolt. Different bolts would have failed at different points. Some left sections behind in the holes, others didn't.

3) As the bolts were completely enclosed within the box-section of the pillars, how could any 'physical' device have had access to them?

I'm not trashing your post, I'm just following my own sense of logical reduction.

EDIT:

With respect to item 3) above, I admit that I can't even see how the bolts were screwed up tight during construction in the first place so I'm confused about that bit.
    Last edited by norman; 1st January 2011 at 02:36.
    ..................................................my first language is TYPO..............................................

6. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank you for your comments.

Regarding you comments 1 and 2. You are correct in concluding that the connection would fail at its weakest part – either in the steel plate or in the steel bolt. The pictures of the bolt failures are “text book” examples of tension (pulling apart) type failures of bolts; slides 11, 15 and 16. That is why slide 5 is a diagram of this condition, and the probable location of failure is in the threaded portion of the bolt because this is the least cross-sectional area of the bolt. The photographs of the bolts bear this out.

For reference, the structural steel used in the towers varied from 36,000 psi yield stress to 100,000 psi yield stress depending on the location in the tower and use of the steel. The bolts were either American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) A-325 (120,000 psi minimum tensile stress) or A-490 (150,000 psi minimum tensile stress).

The ultimate load per bolt in tension is the product of the cross-sectional area of the bolt and the yield stress of the bolt. Thus a 3/4 inch diameter A-325 bolt has a nominal area of 0.4418 square inches multiplied by 120,000 psi (minimum) gives a load of 53,016 pounds (minimum) at failure of the bolt. See ASME B18.2.6 2010 for dimensions and other pertinent information regarding A-325 and A-490 bolts.

Regarding your comment number 3, access to the bolts, see slide number 7. The exterior box columns were fabricated from steel plate, and formed a square with nominal outside dimensions of 14 inches (355 mm). At the top and bottom of each column, one face had an access port cut into the steel plate; such a port is shown in slide number 7. These access ports were located on the side of the column that faced toward the interior of the building. Thus the bolts were inserted via the lower port and the nuts were installed via the upper port. More views of these ports are given on slides 11, 15, and 18.

A source for extensive, credible information can be found at Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth: http://www.ae911truth.org/

Best regards.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bbj3n546pt For This Post:

Beth (1st January 2011), norman (1st January 2011), Richard (1st January 2011)

8. Link to Post #6
    India Avalon Member
    Thanks

m going to read it now

9. Link to Post #7
    Brazil Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,123 times in 3,535 posts

Hey folks,

Pardon me if I´m a bit off topic, but there´s something I don´t get about the 9/11 investigation.

With all the technology out there, and thousands of people, including engineers and architects who are not buying the official story, why didn´t anyone created a computer generated simulation of the whole incident?

I mean, get the buildings blueprints, build them accurately in a CAD software, assign all materials physical proprieties, then do the same with the airplanes.

Then make sure the modeling and material assigning is accurate, export the models to a physics simulation software (like those they use to test building structures for earthquakes) and then make the airplanes crash with the tower in the exact same angle and speed and see what happens.

I know, it´s not something simple and easy, but it is possible and feasible. With good professionals and good resources, such simulation could achieve an incredibly high level of accuracy and put an end to this discussion once and for all.

There´s a lot of people involved in the 9/11 conspiracy movement; if each one donated five dollars or even less, they could make a 99,9% accurate simulation that would definitively and scientifically confront the official story.

Maybe some of you know someone else who may be interested in kickstarting something like this.

Raf.

ADD:

I just found out that such simulation already exists and apparently it´s proved that the airplane would really cause a massive damage to the building´s structure.

However, I´m not sure if the simulation data is accurate and unbiased. It was created by Purdue University.

Twin Towers incident:

Another one of the pentagon incident:

Last edited by RMorgan; 8th May 2013 at 18:25.

+ Reply to Thread