+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wild wild country

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,639 times in 506 posts

Default Wild wild country

Came across a gem of a 6 part documentary today on netflix.
    Quote Posted by rottentomatoes
    Over six episodes, Directors Chapman Way and Maclain Way (The Battered Bastards of Baseball) and executive producers Mark and Jay Duplass (Duplass Brothers Productions) take viewers back to this pivotal, yet largely forgotten moment in American cultural history, one in which our national tolerance for the separation of church and state was sorely tested. Wild Wild Country is historical filmmaking brought to life on an epic scale. It's a tale so wild that seeing means barely believing.
    It tells the rise and possibly(have only seen part one) fall
    of the Bhangwan shree Rajneesh/Osho ashram in Oregon..

For some. Well for me Bhagwan played a large role in my initial search for "Truth" back in my late teens early 20's...(1990-ish)

Just finished part 1 and must say I am pleasantly surprised to see some of the main characters in this story take a prominent role in telling their side.
    So far it doesn't seem to steer the viewer in a particular point of view, which I feel is refreshing in the retelling of this story

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/wi...d_country/s01/

With Love
    Eelco
    Last edited by Catsquotl; 18th March 2018 at 12:22.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (18th March 2018), genevieve (18th March 2018), gnostic9 (19th March 2018), Ioneo (18th March 2018), Nasu (19th March 2018), william r sanford72 (18th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread