+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Gabriel of Urantia and the Global Community Communications Alliance—GCCA (Formerly Aquarian Concepts)

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Merry Mom's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 times in 284 posts

Lightbulb Gabriel of Urantia and the Global Community Communications Alliance—GCCA (Formerly Aquarian Concepts)

I am hoping to have some crowdsourcing of ideas from the great souls here at Project Avalon regarding a project I am working on.

I was in a spiritual group twenty years ago that morphed into what most people would call a cult. Upon leaving, I felt a physical change as I broke out of the spell I had been under. I researched mind control, including the work of Rauni Leena Luukanen Kilde. One of the leaders of the group had formerly been in the Synanon cult and would frequently hold up Synanon as if it were a model of spiritual enlightenment. So then I started researching Synanon and came upon the MKULTRA connection. I became certain that MKULTRA techniques were at work in this cult, either directly or through having been passed down through this former Synanon member. In other words, I knew they were using mind control techniques, but didn't know if it was an active experiment or just some fallout from Synanon.

It was clear to me that there were a few main purposes to the mind control being employed there:

1) Trap people who viewed the world beyond the 3D reality accepted by most humans and keep them distracted and wasting their energy on a dead end.
    2) Experiment on how far human beings can be controlled and pushed to go against the natural law written on their hearts, specifically in the area of breaking up biological families and being unkind to those around them. (I can get into specifics of how this was done, if anyone is interested; but it is reflected in wider society and the mainstream media today.)
    3) Funnel physical energy and resources into propping up the luxury lifestyle of a few at the expense of the many (again mirroring the larger society).

Back in 2000 and 2001, I tried to get others to understand this, but I didn't get very far.

Fast-forward to the present. A number of members have left recently, many of them children who were raised in the cult. Several of these people independently reached the same conclusions as I did regarding Voice of God technology and microwave mind control being used there. It was a great relief to me to have just a small number of others who validated my experience and who weren't afraid to face the truth.

One of the reasons that I have always been hesitant to fully accept what happened to me, is that I couldn't understand why so much effort would be put into such a relatively small group. But as my spiritual journey has progressed, I have realized that the number of human beings looking beyond the 3D reality is relatively small. Considering the minority numbers, stopping a small group of 100 people is significant. Also, the value of experimenting on a small number and then applying the techniques to the wider population cannot be underestimated.

I am networking with the ex-members, who I would call survivors of mind control. Many attempts to set up websites exposing the group have been shut down by the legal maneuvering of the cult. I was just about to start another website this weekend, just offering support and comfort to anyone who chooses to leave there, because I know that one thing that has kept people there is that all of their belongings and money have been stolen, they have been forced into bankruptcy and credit default, and they would have to admit they had been wrong and restart their lives with less than nothing. I stopped before finishing the website, when I realized just what an undertaking this would be when I have a family and many other projects going. I have a tendency to take on too much and then not do any of the projects properly.

I also believe that what is happening there parallels spiritual events I observe happening elsewhere. I have broken out of the doomsday mentality that led me there in the first place. So my question for my friends here is: Is it worth directly taking on a "person" of great evil, as I believe the leader of this cult is? He is a channeler. I don't want to make myself and my family a target. Yet, it is hard for me to feel that I am abandoning the people who were once my good friends who are still trapped there. I would appreciate any ideas that anyone can lend. Thank you in advance!

*Edit: I forgot to add that I remember specifically how I "beat" the mind control. I think a significant aspect to their experimenting is that some of us are either immune or resistant to the mind control. I think all of us will need to strongly draw on this resistance in the future. In this way, I think the experience can be a parable to help others. So my thread is not just directed toward helping those in the cult, but to help all of us with what we will need to do in the future.
    Last edited by Merry Mom; 20th March 2018 at 02:51. Reason: Adding important detail
    There's no time like the present.

2. The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to Merry Mom For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), Bluegreen (19th March 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), Cara (20th March 2018), Clear Light (17th February 2019), Cognitive Dissident (21st March 2018), Debra (23rd February 2019), DNA (4th July 2018), drneglector (4th July 2018), ErtheVessel (20th March 2018), Hervé (19th March 2018), Keyholder (30th May 2019), Kryztian (19th May 2019), littleOne (20th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), Nasu (19th March 2018), O Donna (19th March 2018), OmeyocaN777 (19th March 2018), Omni (4th July 2018), Orph (19th March 2018), petra (19th March 2018), Rahkyt (21st March 2018), Rawhide68 (20th March 2018), Rebecca (20th March 2018), selinam (20th March 2018), Sequoia (17th February 2019), shadowstalker (20th March 2018), Sophocles (6th July 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018), Tyy1907 (19th March 2018), Valerie Villars (19th March 2018), wavydome (6th July 2018), yelik (21st March 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,147 times in 1,077 posts

Default Re: Gabriel of Urantia and the Global Community Communications Alliance—GCCA (Formerly Aquarian Concepts)

For what it's worth, my answer to your questions is "no." Rather, take care of yourself and your loved ones; and those within the sphere of your influence. You may have already done more for others in the cult than you know by setting an example for them by leaving the cult.

Nice, well-written post. Take care.

4. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), Bluegreen (19th March 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), Bob (20th March 2018), Debra (23rd February 2019), DNA (4th July 2018), drneglector (4th July 2018), Hervé (19th March 2018), Keyholder (30th May 2019), Merry Mom (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), O Donna (19th March 2018), OmeyocaN777 (19th March 2018), Omni (4th July 2018), Orph (19th March 2018), seko (22nd March 2018), Sequoia (17th February 2019), Sunny-side-up (19th March 2018), Valerie Villars (19th March 2018), wavydome (6th July 2018), yelik (21st March 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks

Default Re: Gabriel of Urantia and the Global Community Communications Alliance—GCCA (Formerly Aquarian Concepts)

Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    For what it's worth, my answer to your questions is "no." Rather, take care of yourself and your loved ones; and those within the sphere of your influence. You may have already done more for others in the cult than you know by setting an example for them by leaving the cult.

Nice, well-written post. Take care.
    That's kind of the way I am thinking at this point. I think that's why it was a Godsend when my mom knocked on my front door and made me have to wait until later to finish setting up the website. I try to avoid blaming victims, but there also is an element of ego that keeps people in a group that tells them they are destined to rule the world. I can say that because I was one of them. So that is why my innocent children need to take priority over those former friends. Thanks for your input, Satori.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Merry Mom For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Hervé (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), petra (19th March 2018), Satori (19th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Greece Avalon Member OmeyocaN777's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Satori
    If they want to "see" the truth in nowdays exist plethora of info almost about everything so "the one who seeks finds", like you did in first place.
    That event in your life in some way the experience of that, made you a "stronger" soul.
    There is a mantra, i always have in my thoughts when problematic situations seems to be occured in my life with unexpected results.....
    "Everything happens for a reason and that reason is for a good purpose."
    Try to tranform/influence negative energies into a more harmonic result...
    "One thing only I know, and that is that I know nothing" Socrates

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OmeyocaN777 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), Bluegreen (19th March 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Merry Mom (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), Satori (19th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks

Quote Posted by OmeyocaN777 (here)
    I agree with Satori
    If they want to "see" the truth in nowdays exist plethora of info almost about everything so "the one who seeks finds", like you did in first place.
    That event in your life in some way the experience of that, made you a "stronger" soul.
    There is a mantra, i always have in my thoughts when problematic situations seems to be occured in my life with unexpected results.....
    "Everything happens for a reason and that reason is for a good purpose."
    Try to tranform/influence negative energies into a more harmonic result...
    I believe this is true, OmeyocaN77. In the case of this cult, the rank and file members are not allowed to have smart phones or use the Internet, so they don't have access to the plethora of information. I was sad to see on a recent YouTube video that the leader is using the exact same phrases he used twenty years ago, so their spirituality is completely stagnant. By the same token, it would be hard for me or anyone else to reach them via a webpage; but it could reach potential future victims. I am going to focus on the personal transformation you mentioned.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Merry Mom For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), OmeyocaN777 (19th March 2018), selinam (20th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Bluegreen's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,786 times in 3,220 posts

There are some parallels with what many ex-scientologists went through. They have been expecting the IRS to put their leader, David Miscavige, in jail for thirty years, but as usual it doesn't appear to be happening anytime in the near future unless some Q-bots get on the case . There are a fair number of ex-scilon message boards on the web, the oldest being www.xenu.net . The work of ex-Moonie Steven Hassan is highly regarded.

Combatting Cult Mind Control - Steven Hassan
    Captive Hearts Captive Minds - Madeleine Landau
    Trauma and Recovery - Judith Herman MD
    The Sociopath Next Door - Martha Stout PhD

Here is a video with Mr Hassan and ex-scilon Tory 'Magoo' Christman addressing these concerns

Last edited by Bluegreen; 19th March 2018 at 20:52.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bluegreen For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), Cara (20th March 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), drneglector (4th July 2018), Keyholder (30th May 2019), Merry Mom (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), OmeyocaN777 (19th March 2018), Rebecca (20th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018), TraineeHuman (6th July 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Bluegreen, Steve Hassan was very helpful to me when I left there and was working on a custody case to keep my daughter out of there. I spoke to him on the phone several times, and he sent me a bunch of free copies of his book. He also helped another family from this cult I am speaking of, but their son eventually returned and is still there.

Regarding the Internet, I know that some of them try to secretly view it, but I guess it has become even more difficult than it was when I was there; because they have moved to a more remote location. What does give me hope is that the people who have left recently have been able to see the truth fairly quickly. I do think the plethora of information now readily available on mind control is part of the reason why.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Merry Mom For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), Bluegreen (19th March 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), OmeyocaN777 (19th March 2018), Omni (4th July 2018), toppy (20th March 2018), Valerie Villars (19th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,959 times in 1,358 posts

This couldn't have come at a more opportune time. I'm right in the midst of dealing with something right this moment, and debating whether or not I should update the 'Report Psychic Attacks Here' thread.

I'm going to try and be as blunt as possible.

First of all, the answer is NO! If you were to ask me why.... I'd probably say something dumb sounding like "evil is really evil". But that's just because I just cannot articulate the "evilness" I am trying to convey with these puny little words...

I don't feel like I "beat" mind control... if anything, it sort of feels like I cheated (with God's help). Something (maybe it's not God) is helping me be more aware, is how it feels. It could just be something natural that happens, but in my case I think it was triggered by a lot of stress. I didn't realize this before - it's possible to THINK LOUDLY inside of your head! "Yelling" at my own thoughts seems to be helping - in my case anyway.

I love that you are networking, but the thought of being in a network of mind control survivors makes my mind reel. You're very brave, all of you.

Whatever business is going on with me is still ongoing. I did think it was over with for a while, but that might have been a bit naive of me. Even if some people are immune, I don't think everyone is. Having thoughts "beamed into my head" sounds foolish, but that's how it feels - and there's just no stopping it sometimes.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), Bluegreen (19th March 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Merry Mom (19th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), Rahkyt (21st March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018), yelik (21st March 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    This couldn't have come at a more opportune time. I'm right in the midst of dealing with something right this moment, and debating whether or not I should update the 'Report Psychic Attacks Here' thread.

I'm going to try and be as blunt as possible.

First of all, the answer is NO! If you were to ask me why.... I'd probably say something dumb sounding like "evil is really evil". But that's just because I just cannot articulate the "evilness" I am trying to convey with these puny little words...

I don't feel like I "beat" mind control... if anything, it sort of feels like I cheated (with God's help). Something (maybe it's not God) is helping me be more aware, is how it feels. It could just be something natural that happens, but in my case I think it was triggered by a lot of stress. I didn't realize this before - it's possible to THINK LOUDLY inside of your head! "Yelling" at my own thoughts seems to be helping - in my case anyway.

I love that you are networking, but the thought of being in a network of mind control survivors makes my mind reel. You're very brave, all of you.

Whatever business is going on with me is still ongoing. I did think it was over with for a while, but that might have been a bit naive of me. Even if some people are immune, I don't think everyone is. Having thoughts "beamed into my head" sounds foolish, but that's how it feels - and there's just no stopping it sometimes.
    I know exactly what you mean, Petra. This cult leader who was taken over and used as a channel has become very scary over the years. His eyes are almost totally black. It's not something to mess with.

When I was talking about the techniques I used to escape the trap there, I didn't mean to imply that I am foolish enough to think I am immune or that any method is foolproof. What I was trying to get at was that I can see that the techniques used are getting more and more sophisticated. I have been able to see through a lot of the media mind conditioning and false flags, which I anticipate will only increase. It's difficult sometimes to stop from being pulled into the nonsense.

It's like I can't even have a conversation with people anymore. My best friend from childhood performed her expected societal duty the other day by spouting platitudes about the "Florida school shooting". I said nothing for a long time, until she asked if I was still there. Then I just laid it all out for her, my research on Sandy Hook, my inability to take any "news story" seriously, the benefits to a tyrannical government of instilling constant fear, etc. So what I was referring to in resisting mind control was more that if they use Voice of God technology in the future on a larger scale to present visions in the sky or alien contact or whatever suits them, I am at the point where I won't be taking these things at face value.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Merry Mom For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), petra (19th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018), what is a name? (4th July 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Merry Mom (here)
    When I was talking about the techniques I used to escape the trap there, I didn't mean to imply that I am foolish enough to think I am immune or that any method is foolproof. What I was trying to get at was that I can see that the techniques used are getting more and more sophisticated. I have been able to see through a lot of the media mind conditioning and false flags, which I anticipate will only increase. It's difficult sometimes to stop from being pulled into the nonsense.
    Oh good I was worried. Yeah... sophisticated is a good word. Ridiculously sophisticated, in my mind.

It's like I can't even have a conversation with people anymore. My best friend from childhood performed her expected societal duty the other day by spouting platitudes about the "Florida school shooting". I said nothing for a long time, until she asked if I was still there. Then I just laid it all out for her, my research on Sandy Hook, my inability to take any "news story" seriously, the benefits to a tyrannical government of instilling constant fear, etc. So what I was referring to in resisting mind control was more that if they use Voice of God technology in the future on a larger scale to present visions in the sky or alien contact or whatever suits them, I am at the point where I won't be taking these things at face value.
    That's totally a trigger, to me it is. I see that other person much like me, doing the typical foot-in-mouth thing that people like me do. Maybe I just looked at the news item a moment ago, or maybe it just popped into my mind, but for some reason it set you off. Now I feel like **** and wonder why the heck I did to upset you. It kind of reminds me of a virus, and I bet if you thought about it more there were other little things leading up to before you got upset.

I ended up in a "Trust God, because you have no choice" kind of mode. I can't really think any other way, and I guess that's because when it boils right down to it I feel like I've been "compromised" somehow.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Merry Mom (20th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018), wavydome (6th July 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Petra, I think it is a virus. This “school shooting” mindset has been implanted in the Matrix for a while. I’ve been compromised too, but the essence of our humanity still exists. We can reclaim it.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Merry Mom For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), ErtheVessel (20th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), petra (20th March 2018), selinam (20th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018), yelik (21st March 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member ErtheVessel's Avatar
    Thanks

Really appreciated your OP, Merry Mom. Some really interesting ideas I had not considered before, regarding mind control and cults. I was part of a cult for a number of years, and when I left (quite on my own without any support from other members or even anyone outside), I had a few significant "nightmares" that felt more like psychic attacks from the 2 leaders. Genuinely creepy stuff. And I wasn't even doing anything to bad mouth them on any level - I had just silently walked away.

So my very strong advice would be to NOT "take on" any person of great evil. That's a pretty tricky path to walk.

One thing I might suggest, however, is to simply send blessings to those you know who are still involved. Since this is all about being beyond 3D, you could maybe try just sitting in meditation and sending those you care about blessings of love, of wisdom, of self-awareness, of inner strength, etc.

I think this kind of thing really has an impact, especially if you are feeling such strong emotion around it. I don't believe we can interfere with another's free will, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with sending love, blessings, strength, or whatever your heart feels is appropriate. The spirit of the other will receive it or not, as they see fit.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ErtheVessel For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), Bluegreen (22nd March 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Hervé (6th July 2018), Keyholder (4th July 2018), littleOne (20th March 2018), Merry Mom (20th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), onawah (20th May 2019), Orph (20th March 2018), petra (20th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018), what is a name? (4th July 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

ErtheVessel, that is great advice. It sounds so obvious and simple, but honestly I haven’t tried that kind of spiritual blessing on my old friends in the way you describe. What a beautiful idea! I mean really, why am I struggling to find 3D ways to reach them, when, as you say, all of this is so much bigger than that? I am going to try that tonight.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Merry Mom For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), ErtheVessel (20th March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018), petra (20th March 2018), toppy (20th March 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,228 times in 561 posts

... So my question for my friends here is: Is it worth directly taking on a "person" of great evil, as I believe the leader of this cult is? He is a channeler. I don't want to make myself and my family a target. Yet, it is hard for me to feel that I am abandoning the people who were once my good friends who are still trapped there. I would appreciate any ideas that anyone can lend. Thank you in advance! ....
    I think the answer would be clear if you thought just a little further. Let's say you decided to do it. OK. What would you do to 'take him on'? What actions do you think would actually achieve the results you want?

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), Merry Mom (21st March 2018), Michelle Marie (6th July 2018), yelik (21st March 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ErtheVessel (here)
    One thing I might suggest, however, is to simply send blessings to those you know who are still involved. Since this is all about being beyond 3D, you could maybe try just sitting in meditation and sending those you care about blessings of love, of wisdom, of self-awareness, of inner strength, etc.

I think this kind of thing really has an impact, especially if you are feeling such strong emotion around it. I don't believe we can interfere with another's free will, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with sending love, blessings, strength, or whatever your heart feels is appropriate. The spirit of the other will receive it or not, as they see fit.
    That sounds like a really good suggestion! Much better than say... wearing a cross around your neck (couldn't resist the sarcasm sorry!). I've heard of blessed items helping.. but that just makes me think "why can't you just bless your self, instead of your jewelry?". Blessing jewelry sounds like some kind of creepy voodoo, but blessing yourself or sending blessings to others sounds perfectly sensible.

Objects with nostalgia seem to make a difference - and that's clearly emotional.

It's not so much interfering with free will directly, it's more like a key factor gets hidden in your head for a short time. So by missing out on that key factor of the decision making, the person ends up making a choice which they wouldn't have normally. Really no one can be on "vigilance alert" all the time. We all get sleepy or tired, let our guard down a little sometimes.

One particularly unusual day I felt like a walkie talkie. I remember thinking gee, this must be what being a walkie talkie feels like. I was just driving along in my car and two sets of thoughts were talking to each other in my head while I was driving. At first I listened amusedly, but then somehow I began "playing along". Next thing I knew I had snatched my watch right off my wrist and tossed it out the car window! At the time, I thought it was funny! I felt like it was a message from one thing to the other thing, telling it to "watch out" (literally. WATCH OUT. LOL). It wasn't really a very good watch, it was a knock off and it made my arm itch but I missed my watch later once the stupid crap wore off! It had meaning to me! For a while I was really mad too, but I've had some time to heal I don't really think it was a personal attack any more.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Hervé (6th July 2018), Merry Mom (21st March 2018), Michelle Marie (21st March 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,965 times in 2,584 posts

Setting the example is powerful. And also sending blessings.

Sometimes when I can't speak to someone physically, I will have a heart to heart with their soul. A daughter of a friend of mine got sick and went into a coma. I spoke to her soul, heart to heart. Later, when she had come out of the coma I was at dinner at her house. She mentioned the time that I visited her. But I told her I did not visit her in person.

You can send blessings, or love, or speak to their soul, heart to heart.

Your purpose will be revealed and you will be guided to help others. It will come naturally. That's what I'm sensing for you.

This has made you stronger and wiser. Heal and reflect, and move forward as you are so inspired.

Blessings to you,
    MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Hervé (6th July 2018), Merry Mom (22nd March 2018), OmeyocaN777 (21st March 2018), yelik (21st March 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,870 times in 345 posts

Are there youtube videos of the leader available? If so I'd like to see

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rebecca For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Merry Mom (22nd March 2018), Michelle Marie (6th July 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

Quote Posted by rebecca7411 (here)
    Are there youtube videos of the leader available? If so I'd like to see
    Yes, he calls himself Gabriel of Urantia. He used to call himself Gabriel of Sedona, but his legal name is Anthony Delevin. They used to be called Aquarian Concepts Community, but after Dateline NBC did an expose on them, they changed it to GCCA.

36. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Merry Mom For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), Bluegreen (22nd March 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Michelle Marie (6th July 2018), Omni (4th July 2018), Rebecca (22nd March 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Belgium Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Merry Mom, I just got to this thread. I find it very interesting because I have had experiences along the same lines.

First of all, to answer your question about "taking on the evil leader" (of any cult really), I would also say - as all others here I believe - NO.
    Because they all are, no exceptions there I think, pathological narcissists who have been "targeted" by whatever is "out there" with a hidden agenda to influence sincere souls that are searching for the truth.
    In most cases they have been victims themselves, in one way or another, as toddlers between the ages of 1 and 5.

In my case, I was in a cult between the mid 70's (I was 18 then...) and the late 90's.
    I was "active" until 1985 about, then a lot less, because it didn't feel right anymore.
    But I did not "resign" until the end of the millennium...
    Strange things happened around the time of "the initial encounter".

I was in the USA as an exchange student at that time. One day a young collegestudent and me got to talk about paranormal, psychic and spiritual subjects.
    Until I was 18, I mainly read books like the ones by Steiner, Blavatsky, John Lilly, Moody and did some Kirlian photography. I also tried to find some likeminded others.
    But this was pre-internet, 1970-75 about, and encountering others that were on a similar path like me was difficult.

Till then, I had adopted a way of living by distilling my own "truths" (what resonated within me) out of whatever book or other source I found.
    But it was very lonely. Like many others here, I felt like I was 'dropped' in a community where no one was or thought like me.

Then I had the idea to find "something" - a teaching, belief system - that had some kind of group to it. I certainly wasn't looking for a "cult"!
    But I also didn't want to rule out anything that looked "OK". If it would be something I could agree with - for a large part - it would fit the search.
    I just had to come across this "way of life".

And I did. I will never forget that this young man gave me a book. I read it and thought, "this can be it".
    Back in Belgium, I found out there was nobody active here. So, I started it up myself... with some help from people
    in Holland, France, the UK. These were interesting times, and I can not ignore that I also learned a lot of
    positive things there. In the late 70's it was "odd" that so many ex-scientology members came along.
    There was a reason for that too, as I later found out.

I can't say that the group tried to "get money" out of me, though they did get something else of course.
    It took me a long time to figure that out. It was a first-rate class in mind manipulation though. In a way,
    I am glad it happened because it was an "education" of sorts.

The one thing I regret is that I stayed too long on as a member. While I had been warned.
    I was a "life member"...so I thought that if I was not active anymore, but still got all the news and classes, it was ok.
    No, it wasn't. Because as long as you not officially put an end to the membership, you still are "controlled", just
    by being a member. I finally dropped my resignation in their letterbox. I even traveled to the US, pure for this purpose,
    it had a deeper meaning for me.

About the warnings. The week I read the book, my house burnt off. And it did start in my room (no, it was not me who had
    started it, but some workers on the roof that had dropped a burning cigarette). Interesting detail: I found the book back...
    in the trashcan! The firemen somehow had thrown it in there. I interpreted it as follows: "If the book can survive this fire,
    then it must be worthwhile". Instead of... "you do see where you found it, right???". Well, 18 years old and always looking for
    the positive. Discernment was a word I didn't know then yet.

Second warning, a dream I got a few years later. In which I was "waging battle" with the numero uno, "God on Earth" so to speak.
    He was telling lies and I was told to intervene... A very scary dream, but I came out "winning". That was my sign to leave, but I did not (yet).

Interesting enough, three days after resigning, I "discovered" another group on the internet, which was so incredible (at first), that I got
    deeply involved (again). This was worse than what I had lived through before. But I stayed only for a year.

To Erthevessel: I suspect that this was the same group you were in for a while.

While being there, I had computer problems. One of the two suggested "to fix it".
    It turned out later that the "imposter"-virus had been put on my computer. That was indeed the name of that
    particular virus (this was in 2000). And while staying in their home (not so clever of me), one evening
    there were three vultures surrounding the house! One on each side, except for the garden site.
    That was a very, very odd event.

There have been other experiences with other groups, some were more positive than others.
    But the result today is that I am back where I started: taking in what resonates with me, and put aside the rest.
    If the result is that I make less friends, so be it.

Today I have come to believe that in most (but not all) cases I think, something behind the scenes is controlling what's going on.
    And not many insiders, while being a "member" of such a group, can notice the dynamics of what this control is.

38. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Keyholder For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (4th July 2018), DNA (4th July 2018), Hervé (4th July 2018), Merry Mom (6th July 2018), Michelle Marie (6th July 2018), petra (4th July 2018), Valerie Villars (4th July 2018), wavydome (6th July 2018), what is a name? (4th July 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

IMO, there are two kinds of cults. Ones where the people are physically in the same place (a community of some sort) and the ones where people aren’t all in the same place. In other words, ultimately, cults are about how people think, or maybe not think. You may have a next store neighbor who isn’t attached physically to any community and be just as cultic as people inside communities.

So there are people involved in cultic thought and behavior all over the place, one can’t really go around and correct them and expect to not have problems, believe me.

But that’s my opinion. I know these people you’ve formed a love bond with and have an inward attachment to them; therefore this is a little different from just helping strangers.

Maybe if you choose to help them you might just send them some literature

Anyway, I hope the best comes of this for you and them.

Peace and blessings to you and your family!

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), BMJ (8th July 2018), Merry Mom (6th July 2018), Michelle Marie (6th July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast