+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5

Thread: Say No To Reincarnation And Remember Who You Are!

1. Link to Post #81
    Scotland Avalon Member greybeard's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,863 times in 11,839 posts

Default Re: Say No To Reincarnation And Remember Who You Are!

A devotee said to his Master " What happens when I die"
    The Master said "I dont know"
    Student said " But your a Master"
    Master responded "Yes , but Im not a dead one"
    The only definite way of avoiding reincarnation, whatever that is. ---is enlightenment.
    On Enlightenment there is no person to claim enlightenment or to reincarnate.

Seems there are different levels and your concept of life after death is important.
    As said I have read that your death bed thoughts are important as they take you to the heaven of your belief system.
    Believe in non-duality and the Truth of One without another may well be revealed.

These are just my thoughts on this--not claiming to be correct

Chris
    Be kind to all life, including your own, no matter what!!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (11th April 2018), Bruno (12th April 2018), DNA (11th April 2018), dynamo (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th April 2018), Mercedes (12th April 2018), onevoice (11th April 2018), PathWalker (11th April 2018), Sunny-side-up (12th April 2018), Wind (11th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #82
    UK Unsubscribed
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 times in 591 posts

I like that everyone assumes we'll reincarnate, because that's comforting. Maybe your individual awareness will get consumed by infinity if you die an average death. Maybe this is the only chance you as an individual gets. Maybe 'past life' memories and experiences are just genetic memories. Maybe this is it. Maybe not, but I think it's very healthy not to assume you're an immortal with all the time in the world. Make this life count. Make today count. It might literally be your last. Scary? Good. Act now. Death is the best advisor.

4. Link to Post #83
    United States Avalon Member James Newell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,912 times in 340 posts

From my viewpoint and knowledge reincarnation is a poor word to explain a simplicity.
    Life is an animator, it is not necessarily native to this universe in its pure form. But we are one of many creators of this universe.
    Going from one life to another is like driving a Ford, you are not a ford you are the driver. Then you drive a Toyota for awhile, you are not that car either. There are many forms that we take throughout time. But we are not the form. We are the driver.

It is quite interesting to view these different forms we have had because we often have mistaken our true selves as these forms.
    Any questions?

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to James Newell For This Post:

DNA (12th April 2018), dynamo (12th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th April 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th April 2018)

6. Link to Post #84
    Argentina Avalon Member Hazelfern's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,496 times in 348 posts

Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Catholic Pope Francis made a startling revelation Thursday by stating that hell did not exist, in an interview with a leading liberal Italian newspaper.

Seemingly going against centuries of core Christian belief, Pope Francis said the souls of sinners simply vanished after death, and were not subject to an eternity of punishment.
    The first words from Frank that makes perfect sense. If a soul can not be rehabilitated, it will be dissolved.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hazelfern For This Post:

dynamo (12th April 2018), petra (13th April 2018)

8. Link to Post #85
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Quote Posted by MorningFox (here)
    I like that everyone assumes we'll reincarnate, because that's comforting. Maybe your individual awareness will get consumed by infinity if you die an average death. Maybe this is the only chance you as an individual gets. Maybe 'past life' memories and experiences are just genetic memories. Maybe this is it. Maybe not, but I think it's very healthy not to assume you're an immortal with all the time in the world. Make this life count. Make today count. It might literally be your last. Scary? Good. Act now. Death is the best advisor.
    You know MorningFox, if you and I were to sit down over a cup of coffee I'm pretty sure we would get along.
    Your language is very Castaneda, he of Don Juan and Don Genaro's knowledge in ancient Toltec wisdom.
    I personally believe there is truth in the Castaneda books and I've found certain clues that lead me to believe their knowledge is Atlantean in origin.
    As such I have no problem with this phrase.
    Quote Maybe your individual awareness will get consumed by infinity if you die an average death. Maybe this is the only chance you as an individual gets
    This is of course a nod towards Castaneda's "Eagle", the creator of us all. The Eagle who "consumes" our awareness upon death.
    This is of course in the same line of thinking as the Gnostics who believe in the blind idiot godling "Yaldaboath".
    Yaldaboath being the source of our Universe and he who eats our spark upon our death.
    I'm a huge fan of both of these philosophies, and I have no problem with either one of them being true.
    The tunnel of light we enter upon death may very well be leading us to the mouth of the "Eagle" or "Yaldaboath".
    I have no problem with that. We have energy bodies that are not our soul, energy bodies that record our lifetime and incorporate themselves with our physical body and our existance.
    But if this is the case, it is my opinion that life goes on upon exiting the "Eagle" or "Yaldaboath".
    It has been my experience that those on the "otherside" are in a completely different dimension, one that is not associated with the "Eagle" or "Yaldaboath".
    It is my opinion that if we are indeed "consumed" by the "Eagle" then we enter another dimension upon exiting it's asshole.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

dynamo (12th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th April 2018)

10. Link to Post #86
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hazelfern (here)
    Quote Posted by greybeard (here)
    Catholic Pope Francis made a startling revelation Thursday by stating that hell did not exist, in an interview with a leading liberal Italian newspaper.

Seemingly going against centuries of core Christian belief, Pope Francis said the souls of sinners simply vanished after death, and were not subject to an eternity of punishment.
    The first words from Frank that makes perfect sense. If a soul can not be rehabilitated, it will be dissolved.
    Yes but!
    There is not one separate soul---there is One soul.
    Seemingly Individual persona eminating from consciousness.
    The One became the many without diminishing it Self.

Chris

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

Craig (4th May 2018), dynamo (12th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th April 2018), Leonard (14th April 2018), Wind (12th April 2018)

12. Link to Post #87
    Language
    English
    Thanks

There never was a Chris before and there will never be another Chris.
    What this is continues regardless--unchanged.
    All the rest is interesting concepts and stories.
    Valid in there own way but not ultimate Truth.
    There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

C

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greybeard For This Post:

dynamo (12th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th April 2018), Krist (12th April 2018), Leonard (14th April 2018), Rich (12th April 2018), Wind (12th April 2018)

14. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,839 times in 650 posts

I apologise in advance as there is a bit of personal waffle to this post but feel it is needed to put my question in context. I'm not religious, per se, but do believe that there is something after death, a place that the essence that is 'us' returns to.

I died once, about 16 years ago, and there was nothing. No tunnel of light, no sense of there being an 'other', no past loved-ones waiting for me, there was consciousness and then un-conciousness. If it wasn't for my partner, who revived me after 5 - 10 mins, that would've been that. Finito.

Now, I must admit, I was using (abusing) very powerful drugs at that stage of my life, the type that will kill you eventually, so I'd formed the conclusion that because I was, a. doing something 'bad', and, b. the architect of my own demise, then there was nothing for this soul after death....... I was, essentially a 'bad' person for abusing drugs and the pain and heartache that I caused to those all around me. A few years later I started to watch Youtube videos of people who had recall of NDE's, both positive (heaven, meeting Jesus, etc) and negative (glimpses of hell, meeting the devil, etc) and must admit that some of them seemed absolutely sincere of their recollections and really believed that what they had experienced, really happened, and to such an extent that some of these people completely turned their lives around. A couple of these people had been heavy drug users and over-dosed, just like me, and were very emotional recalling their experiences, even though some of them had happened many years in the past. This re-enforced my belief that I was a 'bad' person for the pain I had caused. My drug use was an attempt at self-medication to block-out a traumatic experience from youth, although I did not understand this at the time.

This was my stance until 11 years ago when I had a very traumatic skiing accident. I went off the side of a mountain, had a massive fall fracturing my neck, breaking ribs and collar bone. I knew I was in trouble, I couldn't move and was in horrendous pain, after a while shock and the cold kicked in and I began shaking uncontrollably, maybe lasting 30 minutes or so, and that's when it became really strange. I became really warm and comfortable (I knew this was the beginning of hypothermia) and sleepy, I remember thinking, "if I just go to sleep until someone comes", but was aware I had to fight it. I had this little battle for a while and then my Grandmother appeared, urging me to think of my children, that I must stay awake, but the more I could 'see' her, the more I wanted to sleep......... It was really quite something. I must've passed-out at some stage because the next conscious memory was of a Norwegian guy who'd seen my red hood (how he saw this from the ski trail some 30 mtrs above still amazes me to this day) shaking and slapping me back to consciousness. I was then air-lifted off the mountain to hospital.

So, as you can see, I've had two very different experiences of near-death. My position now is that there is something there, there is an 'other' after death. I am aware that what happened to me during my skiing accident could've been my brain playing tricks on me, and most likely was, but when I read accounts of NDE's, the world's religious text's ( at their core, pushing the dogma aside) talking of a loving 'source' and the real-world power of having a loving heart, well, this is what I choose to believe.

Are there others here, on the boards, that have had any real, tangible, experience of near-death that could express their views? For reasons I will not go into now, I've begin to struggle again with this question.

Many thanks.
    Last edited by The Moss Trooper; 12th April 2018 at 11:11.

15. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Bruno (12th April 2018), DNA (12th April 2018), dynamo (12th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (12th April 2018), greybeard (12th April 2018), Hervé (12th April 2018), Krist (12th April 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th April 2018), Mike (12th April 2018), MorningFox (12th April 2018), onevoice (12th April 2018), Rich (12th April 2018), Wind (12th April 2018)

16. Link to Post #89
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

Quote Posted by The Crimson Horse Blanket (here)
    I became really warm and comfortable (I knew this was the beginning of hypothermia) and sleepy, I remember thinking, "if I just go to sleep until someone comes", but was aware I had to fight it. I had this little battle for a while and then my Grandmother appeared, urging me to think of my children, that I must stay awake, but the more I could 'see' her, the more I wanted to sleep......... It was really quite something. I must've passed-out at some stage because the next conscious memory was of a Norwegian guy who'd seen my red hood (how he saw this from the ski trail some 30 mtrs above still amazes me to this day) shaking and slapping me back to consciousness. I was then air-lifted off the mountain to hospital.
    This is an absolutely cool story Crimson. Thank you.

I would like to share a NDE story. I'm of the opinion that this one is unique to most stories.
    This story has a certain "holy sh!t" factor to it.
    The NDE of Pam Reynolds. Pam was diagnosed with a aneurysm, one so bad it was considered to be terminal, it was far inside of her brain.
    It was really big. Pam was told to put her things in order. But then something unexpected happened, she was told a surgeon in Phoenix Arizona at the Barrrow Neurological center had a procedure and she was the perfect candidate. The procedure required that Pam's heart and brain be stopped, her body temperature cooled and her blood was to be drawn out of her body. Pam was to die under controlled circumstances while her brain was hooked up to an advanced EKG monitor that would detect any brainwave activity. Pam was to be in the condition for an hour, Pam would be clinically dead for an entire hour!
    The procedure took place and Pam watched the operation from a vantage point above her body, she could recall the conversations that took place between the medical professionals and recall the tools used for the procedure and the full extent of the procedure of which the actual details had never been explained.
    But what is more, Pam then had a Near Death Experience. The experience was quite pronounced and I will recommend for folks to listen to the NDE from Pam herself.
    It is worth noting that the surgeon who operated on Pam after listening to her NDE stated that she had absolutely NO BRAIN WAVE ACTIVITY, as such whatever organ she was using to perceive was not her PHYSICAL BRAIN, nor her PHYSICAL EARS, nor her PHYSICAL EYES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNbdUEqDB-k
    Last edited by DNA; 12th April 2018 at 11:03.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (12th April 2018), greybeard (12th April 2018), Krist (12th April 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (12th April 2018), Mike (12th April 2018), onevoice (12th April 2018), Rich (12th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 5