+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facebook Forces NYT to quietly Delete Unflattering Reference to Sheryl Sandberg

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 times in 539 posts

Default Facebook Forces NYT to quietly Delete Unflattering Reference to Sheryl Sandberg

Facebook forced the New York Times to remove unfavorable references to Sheryl Sandberg ‘s disagreement with Facebook's chief information security officer, Alex Stamos. Since the NYT depends on Facebook as a platform to distribute its content, Facebook is taking unfair advantage of this relationship that other media companies do not enjoy. This has many legal experts raising antitrust concerns about Facebook.

https://lawandcrime.com/exclusive/fa...ussian-trolls/

The Times‘ original story made reference to Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg–and mentioned her “consternation” at Stamos’ efforts to shepherd the tech giant towards being more transparent about Russian trolls’ electoral interference. Here’s the original paragraph in question:
    Quote Mr. Stamos had been a strong advocate inside the company for investigation and disclosing Russian activity on Facebook, often to the consternation of other top executives, including Sheryl Sandberg, the social network’s chief operating officer, according to the current and former employees, who asked not to be identified discussing internal matters.
    This morning, however, readers noticed the sole reference to Sandberg’s displeasure with Stamos’ transparency efforts–viz. Russia in particular–was wiped clean off the ether. Now, Sandberg’s name and the story’s only reference to her alleged role in frustrating Stamos’ attempts to highlight and root out Russian troll influence on the platform are gone because someone at the New York Times replaced the entire sentence.

Instead of an obvious reference to Facebook COO Sandberg, the New York Times‘ readership will note a vague reference to the fact that Stamos’ anti-Russian transparency efforts were “met with resistance by colleagues.” There’s also no longer any explicit mention that Sandberg was one of those colleagues in the story. In other words, readers will now see nothing to suggest Sandberg had a problem with Stamos’ work related to Russia.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Cidersomerset (21st March 2018), Ewan (21st March 2018), Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2018), Icare (21st March 2018), Nasu (21st March 2018), sunwings (21st March 2018), toppy (21st March 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,784 times in 3,539 posts

Default Re: Facebook Forces NYT to quietly Delete Unflattering Reference to Sheryl Sandberg

You want to know why I started treating FB like the advertising bordello of privacy sales? Someone made a page in my name because "I stopped participating in the elections/separated from BabylonianBS" and they started posting tweets and all the in sync sites I used they had access to also. So I publicly "IN CAPS" THE REASON for no longer trusting the site, when people can take my page and post in my name a STOLEN IDENTITY PAGE I stated this page does not belong to the name on the page. It belongs to IMPOSTOR. I told FB that is always snooping, to expect ONLY links and no commentary on them from now on. Just to share or take viral. This way the fake page that posts anything on issues of politricks, FB would know. They somehow managed to wipe that fake page clean off my site anyway.
    Still have the shields up Scotty.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lifebringer For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2018), onevoice (22nd March 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 times in 539 posts

Default Re: Facebook Forces NYT to quietly Delete Unflattering Reference to Sheryl Sandberg

I stopped posting on FB long time ago. I still keep the account, so that my wife can see pictures and commentaries by her relatives half way around the world and so be able to keep up with some aspects of their life. I've tried to educate my relatives and friends, and find it is lost cause. It's obvious more and more that FB, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Intel and other big corporations are trying to create another layer of matrix upon the matrix. I suppose the layers of simulations of realities goes many levels deep. It is so hard to get to the real truth. It certainly won't be found in the mainstream media outlets.

With that said, for those of us that are awake and also willing to spread the truth needs to keep up with our efforts to keep digging for the truths and perhaps if nothing else, keep our intentions toward global awakening strong.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread