+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sound Healing and its benefits, by Embraced Sound Healing.

1. Link to Post #21
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,844 times in 572 posts

Default Re: Sound Healing and its benefits, by Embraced Sound Healing.

OOOO!!!! I LOVE crystal healing bowls, AND tuning forks! The weighted ones feel FANTASTIC on the body as well!

I would LOVE to have a set of crystal bowls - they are simply amazing! And forks! Some day, I will have a set of each!

Aside from the obvious - listening to music - I was introduced to the healing powers of sound about six years ago, when I went with a friend to a movie night at their friend's house. They had this awesome looking bowl in their living room, and I was immediately drawn to it. I asked the host of the party what the bowl was, and he took it out to show it to me. He began to play it, and all of a sudden, I was totally overcome with sadness and began weeping profusely. In front of a whole room of people I did not know. Which was a little embarrassing but I simply could not help myself - it just came out of me like projectile vomit! The man was impressed, and explained that what we has playing was a crystal healing bowl that was tuned to the heart chakra. I had just had an impromptu, and very powerful, clearing session!

Several years later, I had some other friends who had studied with a woman who teaches healing with tuning forks:

https://www.amazon.com/Tuning-Human-...ujman+biofield

Well, they needed to practice on people to complete their training, and I was one of the lucky recipients. It was incredibly relaxing, and a very interesting process - in part of it, she was working with the fork further and further away from me as I was lying on the massage table (apparently, the further away from the body you work, the further back in time you are working in a person's lifetime - or even, possibly, into their past lives). Finally, she was all the way across the room from me, and suddenly, it felt like a dam broke, and an enormous amount of energy flowed down my spine and legs and out my feet.

I have always had blocks to prosperity and have struggled in poverty for many years. I have a program of feeling unsupported, and my life has manifested this in a myriad of persistent ways over the years. But, for this time on the table, I was wholly unblocked - the stop in my root chakra had been removed, and the power was intense! For a week or two afterwards, I felt incredibly abundant and worry-free, and seemed to manifest with ease. Then, somehow, I either re-created the situation of poverty, or it was somehow re-created for me, and I was back to feeling unsupported again.

I have been working on clearing that prosperity block for myself for years, and every once in a while I get some clearing work done for me by a healer - blocks to prosperity are always found and released. I am not exactly sure why the clearings haven't ever lasted - you would think the clearing would address whatever part of me would re-create the block.

Another possibility is that poverty consciousness and/or life situations are somehow being foisted upon me by an external, malignant source. I do seem to have a long history of energetic attack - as confirmed by a myriad of intuitives, psychics and clairvoyants. I also got mixed up with a black magic practitioner (my now ex husband) when I was young and naive - I had no idea at the time what I was exposing myself to...

Anyhow I digress - all this to say that, indeed, sound healing is POWERFUL work.

And above all, stay vigilant! Just as we wash our physical bodies, daily cleansing of our energetic bodies is becoming all the more essential in these difficult times!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)
    This is the most fascinating topic in my life right now! I'm exploring the Sound/vibration/frequency information as well as paying attention to conscious frequencies emitted by our radiant hearts. I'm practicing vibrational attunement with intention, calibration to love and gratitude, and BEing a tuning fork by developing and maintaining these higher frequencies.
    This is fantastic!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Cardillac (27th March 2018), GMB1961 (27th March 2018), Iloveyou (29th March 2018), onevoice (27th March 2018), Stephanie (7th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    As a non musician who experienced the supernatural healing of music when battling dark fores, I am wondering what hertz the older music, especially live, as recorded on vinyl was recorded on. I have firsthand, personal experience with the frequencies.
    I would love to hear about your experiences! Your battles sound intense! You are a warrior!!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Cardillac (27th March 2018), GMB1961 (27th March 2018), Stephanie (7th May 2018), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks

David Young's music is amazing!!!

I was first introduced to him when I was working for my friend at the American Society of Dowsers national convention at Saratoga Springs several years ago. He had a booth in the same room as my friend, and was playing his flute music cd's all day. I worked for twelve hours, having eaten two apples all day. We were very busy, and there was a ton of energy flying around. A lot of people in search of healing. By the end of the day, as an empath, I would normally have felt entirely drained and exhausted. Instead, I was energized. I felt fantastic! And I knew it was because of David's music. I had to go over to him and tell him, I was so grateful, and bought my favorite of his albums:

https://beyondword.com/products/i-am-loved

This has to be one of the most beautiful, relaxing, and healing recordings I own!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Cardillac (27th March 2018), GMB1961 (27th March 2018), Iloveyou (29th March 2018), Lettherebelight (2nd April 2018), onevoice (27th March 2018), Stephanie (7th May 2018), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Australia Avalon Member GMB1961's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,232 times in 120 posts

Dear Freedom Train if you would like to talk more on this wonderful modality, ill take any of your questions. Faithfully Glenn.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

The Freedom Train (27th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Thank you so much Glenn! I would definitely love to connect and talk more about sound healing with you - it is a fabulous modality. Sound and light are such effective forms of energy work!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

GMB1961 (28th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

This discussion on 440 hz vs 432 hz and on the solfeggio frequencies is quite interesting!
    My personal experiences relating to crystal bowl play is the following: Intention while playing is even more important than the frequencies of the tuned instruments!
    If you are not centered you will project your imbalances to the audience! Given a choice! I prefer the 432 hz standard but personal intention is of prime importance!

For those who like crystal bowls, here is a short example of playing them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfco0IWnf4E

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stardad For This Post:

GMB1961 (28th March 2018), meeradas (30th March 2018), Stephanie (7th May 2018), The Freedom Train (29th March 2018), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    Thanks

HI Stardad and Namaste, I believe what you are saying is right on the mark! I have seen a lot of people and i always take the time to understand why they are seeing me and dig deep within my own being to make sure that what i send out is going to help these people who are suffering. It means that i have to look after myself , by staying healthy, eat good food and keep my self mentally healthy as well.
    Frequency + Intent = Healing. Once I began to bring the concept of intent into the area of healing with sound, answers appeared for me. All is vibration and rhythm, but what is the intent behind the energy?
    It means that the intention of the person working with the sound is as important as the frequency which is being projected at a person to create resonant frequency healing. Since the concept of intention is, at present, a scientifically immeasurable quality, it is extremely difficult for many in the medical community to understand it. Nevertheless, I am convinced that this formula is correct and that without the aspect of intention, working with pure frequency alone is not the answer, you need the intention to be married with the frequency for the best results to happen. Thank you for your input Stardad, faithfully Glenn in Australia.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

Stephanie (7th May 2018), The Freedom Train (29th March 2018), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Stardad (here)
    Intention while playing is even more important than the frequencies of the tuned instruments!
    If you are not centered you will project your imbalances to the audience!
    What fantastic advice! I had never heard this before, but it makes a lot of sense! I will keep this is in mind moving forward!

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by GMB1961 (here)
    Frequency + Intent = Healing. Once I began to bring the concept of intent into the area of healing with sound, answers appeared for me. All is vibration and rhythm, but what is the intent behind the energy?
    It means that the intention of the person working with the sound is as important as the frequency which is being projected at a person to create resonant frequency healing. Since the concept of intention is, at present, a scientifically immeasurable quality, it is extremely difficult for many in the medical community to understand it. Nevertheless, I am convinced that this formula is correct and that without the aspect of intention, working with pure frequency alone is not the answer, you need the intention to be married with the frequency for the best results to happen. Thank you for your input Stardad, faithfully Glenn in Australia.
    Fantastic. What a wonderful discussion! Thank you so much for sharing this valuable information and insights!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

GMB1961 (29th March 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Thanks

Dear Freedom Train I started a group called SOUND HEALING AND THERAPY, id be honoured if you would like to join the group and i will share more info, techniques and discuss more things with you there or visit my Facebook page Embraced Sound Healing and we can chat via there. I hope you are well and in good spirits. Faithfully Glenn in Australia.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

The Freedom Train (31st March 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

How about this one?

Heard of these years ago, never had the experience, but only looking at it gave me a chill...
    must be great, resting on top of it, and someone playing it... and taking these vibrations directly into the spine

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), GMB1961 (30th March 2018), Lettherebelight (2nd April 2018), Stephanie (7th May 2018), The Freedom Train (31st March 2018)

21. Link to Post #31
    Thanks

I have been privy to be in a sound session with one of these tables and that played in conjunction with crystal singing bowls and tibetan singing bowls, tuning forks, a wind gong and a hand made drum is truely a transformative experience. Thank you so much for your input, faithfully Glenn in Australia.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), meeradas (30th March 2018), Stephanie (7th May 2018), The Freedom Train (31st March 2018)

23. Link to Post #32
    Language
    germanic
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,845 times in 3,177 posts

Glenn
    You are welcome, Glenn.

Do you all know this? (it's about usage of the human voice to heal, best in a group,
    and your avatar here reminded me of it) - i recommend trying it... description in the link.

"Beware": If you really get into it, you might find yourself out of body...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meeradas For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (30th March 2018), Stephanie (7th May 2018), The Freedom Train (31st March 2018)

25. Link to Post #33
    Thanks

Dear Meeradas, Im a musician and have played the guitar since I was a little boy of 9 years old. I have been asked to be a part of Kirtan and big groups of people singing healing mantras and at the beginning of each each of these sessions the facilitator and music director will ask of the audience to take at least 5 really deep breaths and to let go of the things that are not serving them, the thoughts that plague you ( as they are only thoughts and they won't hurt you unless you let them), ....and then for the entire room to come together chanting OM. Now the first time i heard this was in a huge hall and there was over 300 people in there all chanting OM. There were people who couldn't sing or hold a note and there were professional singers and people who could. It didn't matter. The sound created an atmosphere of calm and by the end of the 3rd chant of OM the room was buzzing and every one was feeling fantastic and this was before the music had even started. I would suggest that you try and get to some Kirtan gigs, Krishna Das, Dave Stringer, Deva Premal, are a few that come to mind.

The word “kirtan” also stems from a Sanskrit root that means “to cut through,” so kirtan is also “a practice for cutting through the idea of separation, for connecting to our hearts and connecting to the moment through sound.”

Here are my favorite Kirtan chants and a rough translation.

1. Om Namah Shivaya. I bow to the Self.

2. Sita Ram. Sita and Rama are deities who are husband and wife--to chant Sita Ram is to unite with our own perfect masculine and feminine.

3. Shiva Shiva Shiva Shambho. Mahadeva Shambho. Shiva is the essence and source of joy. Lord, the bestower of good.

4. Om Gam Ganapataye Namaha. I offer my love and devotion to Sri Ganesha; please grant me success in my noble endeavor.

5. Lokah Samastah Sukino Bhavantu. (My favorite!) May all beings everywhere be happy and free.

When you have a room, hall or concert venue all singing these mantras it is easy to let the real you "out" and to connect with your deep inner self. One this happens and you see so many other people doing the same thing and coming out of themselves ....its addictive. Its true joy. Im not a very religious kind of guy and can't pigeon hole my faith into a name such as , Catholic, Protestant, Muslim etc etc, but when you are amongst like minded people who sing some mantras and revel in the communion of doing this and the music speeds up its hard to contain the human spirit and you want to dance , sing louder and smile....even cry as the collective joy takes over. Its very releasing and extremely enjoyable. Having said this , i have also found sitting by myself quietly , doing some pranayama ( deep breathing ), and chanting OM or other Mantras whilst playing a crystal Singing Bowl, Drum or Tibetan Singing Bowl just as enlightening and refreshing. It calms you do down, allows you to rest, sleep better, handle things that come up such as trauma or what ever life throws at you a lot better.

The use of chanting divinely symbolic words, Sanskrit or not, has a huge impact on your yoga practice and your life overall. Chanting incorporates a spiritual component that can heavily strengthen your yoga practice, and like a mantra, chanting can add intention to whatever you’re doing.

Chanting with a group of people can be life-changing experience. When you include a group chant to begin or complete your yoga practice (or meditation, etc), you unite the souls of those involved and set a spiritual intention for your yoga practice.

Chanting is extremely powerful and beneficial to your evolution as a spiritual being. Chanting can make way for connecting with your higher and divine self. It’s something we all should at least try – you may be surprised by your experience.

Thank you for contributing, Namaste, Faithfully Glenn in Australia.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (31st March 2018), meeradas (31st March 2018), Stephanie (7th May 2018), The Freedom Train (31st March 2018), Valerie Villars (5th May 2018)

27. Link to Post #34
    Thanks

Quote Posted by meeradas (here)
    How about this one?

Heard of these years ago, never had the experience, but only looking at it gave me a chill...
    must be great, resting on top of it, and someone playing it... and taking these vibrations directly into the spine
    I would dearly love to lie on one of these while it is being played.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Dear Freedom Train I started a group called SOUND HEALING AND THERAPY, id be honoured if you would like to join the group and i will share more info, techniques and discuss more things with you there or visit my Facebook page Embraced Sound Healing and we can chat via there. I hope you are well and in good spirits. Faithfully Glenn in Australia.
    I thank you for the invitation, and certainly I will join!

xoxo
    Elizabeth

¤=[Post Update]=¤

I have been privy to be in a sound session with one of these tables and that played in conjunction with crystal singing bowls and tibetan singing bowls, tuning forks, a wind gong and a hand made drum is truely a transformative experience. Thank you so much for your input, faithfully Glenn in Australia.
    That session sounds so incredibly powerful! Amazing.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Freedom Train For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (31st March 2018), GMB1961 (31st March 2018)

29. Link to Post #35
    United States Avalon Member onevoice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,956 times in 538 posts

HI Stardad and Namaste, I believe what you are saying is right on the mark! I have seen a lot of people and i always take the time to understand why they are seeing me and dig deep within my own being to make sure that what i send out is going to help these people who are suffering. It means that i have to look after myself , by staying healthy, eat good food and keep my self mentally healthy as well.
    Hi Glenn. What frequencies of crystal bowls or tuning forks do you recommend? I would like to learn about the sound healing modalities and want to know whether I should get tuning forks or crystal bowls and what frequencies.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

GMB1961 (2nd April 2018)

31. Link to Post #36
    Thanks

Dear ONEVOICE,
    THANK YOU for your question about the bowls and tuning forks. I think before you buy anything that may is of this nature you have to understand that they can't be put just any where on the body of the people you see.

CAUTIONS AND WARNINGS

Do not use sound healing instruments directly on the body during pregnancy, especially during the first 12 weeks, and especially not on the stomach or back of a pregnant woman.

Do not use sound healing if you suffer from epilepsy unless you have consulted your doctor to ensure you receive the right anti-epileptic medication and are in no danger of seizure from sound vibrations.

Keep a minimum distance of 20 cm (8 inches) between a sound healing instrument and any implanted heart pacemaker, stent or shunt.

CONTRAINDICATIONS

Do not use sound healing instruments 
    • on any deep vein thrombosis in the leg or known thrombi.
    • on open wounds. 
    • on acute inflammations and tumours.
    • directly on or above a pacemaker or defibrillator. Keep a distance of at least 20 cm from where it is implanted.
    • directly on or anywhere in the immediate area of a metallic implant.
    • post surgery before the sutures have been removed and the scar is not fully healed and closed.
    • around the neck in the case of carotid atherosclerosis.

The following people should consult their doctor before the first use of sound healing:
    • People with carotid stenosis (prior to application in the area of the carotid artery/larynx)
    • People with cardiac pacemakers, artificial heart valves, or cardiac arrhythmias
    • People with a stent
    • People with a shunt
    • People with a deep brain stimulation device (DBS)
    • People with epilepsy
    • Pregnant women

The sound healing instruments must not be used on the the body directly on:
    • implants (or near implants until they have completely healed)
    • screws
    • artificial joints
    • inflamed joints and veins
    • the skin, in the case of inflammatory skin disorders
    • weeping eczema
    • diseased veins
    • the stomach or back of a pregnant woman

Treatment should not commence until three days after injury at the earliest for:
    • Whiplash

These are some of the things you should take into consideration before applying the bowls or forks TO ANY ONE.

I myself have in weighted tuning forks.......
    32 hz
    64 hz
    128 hz
    136.1 hz

I also have an unweighted chakra set of tuning forks......
    CROWN 172.06 HZ
    THIRD EYE 221.23 HZ
    THROAT 141.27 HZ
    HEART 136.10 HZ
    SOLAR PLEXUS 126.22 HZ
    SACRAL 210.42 HZ
    ROOT 194.18 HZ

I also have a set of Crystal Singing bowls tuned to 432 HZ. These are not cheap to buy but well worth the investment if you are choosing a pathway into Sound Therapy and Healing. I also have Tibetan Singing Bowls that are tuned to 432HZ as well.

Because in our skeleton there are crystals as well as our third eye ( 20 micron in size ...but still crystals ), when you make the Crystal Singing Bowls "sing" they vibrate......and so do you.
    C = 256 Hz (Root Chakra)
    D = 288 Hz (Sacral Chakra)
    E = 323 Hz (Solar Plexus Chakra)
    F = 342 Hz (Heart Chakra)
    G = 384 Hz (Throat Chakra)
    A = 432 Hz (Third Eye Chakra)
    B = 484 Hz (Crown Chakra)

Dear Onevoice, i would attend a few sound session in a group and lay down on the floor and listen to each frequency as it comes up. Watch your breathing and relax. Feel the frequency and make notes about where these sounds take you. How you felt before the session and afterwards. Its a big investment to get these instruments and your hearing has to pretty good to hear the fluctuations in the sounds created. I hope i have been able to answer your questions well. Feel free to join my group SOUND THERAPY AND HEALING. I post things that may be of help to you there as well. Faithfully Glenn In Australia.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

meeradas (2nd April 2018)

33. Link to Post #37
    Thanks

Glenn, thanks for the detailed response to my question. I live in GA and FL in USA. I've never had a sound therapy, it sounds very intriguing. I've learned Longivitology healing technique, which is similar to Ricki system. This modality is based on the Chinese Qi energy. Years ago, I've met a Chinese Qi-Gong master who was able to heal very sick people, even cancer through Qi-Gong therapy and using musical instruments made from wood and metal, such as flute, xylophone, and other instruments. Sound therapy makes a lot of sense to me and I would like to learn it. So I'll take your suggestion to find local person to obtain sound therapy to see how it works for me.

You cautioned that sound therapy is contraindicated for DVT. I happened to have a DVT near my liver. So does it preclude me from getting any sound therapy? What are the dangers of applying sound therapy for a person with DVT? Do you know if I can treat my DVT some other way to remedy by DVT symptom? I've been on prescription Eliquis for DVT, but my DVT has been persistent and no change since I was discharged from hospital in 2016 after having my gallbladder removed due to cancer.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

GMB1961 (3rd April 2018), meeradas (2nd April 2018)

35. Link to Post #38
    Thanks

Dear ONEVOICE, I have read that ultrasound waves can break up clots associated with DVT, and a s a precaution i would use the sound bowls or tuning forks at least 8 inches away from the area concerned. I would also consult with your GP about the safety aspects of sound treatment as well just to be on the safe side. If you have gone through the process of having your gallbladder removed and any other operations to help with what you are suffering get the ok to try it first i would hate to say yes to something that would cause you further grief, anxiety and potential harm. Faithfully Glenn in Australia.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to GMB1961 For This Post:

onevoice (3rd April 2018)

37. Link to Post #39
    Thanks

Dear ONEVOICE i would also look into Ayurveda Marma Points as a way of introducing energy back into your system as well. It has served me well when i feel flat and lethargic. There are crucial areas of the body....your body that you can fix yourself. ( western medicine hates it when you say that), but there are ways of making yourself better without tablets , potions and lotions. Faithfully Glenn.

38. Link to Post #40
    Thanks

Hi GMB1961. I am in fine health, perhaps the only health issue I have is a chronic sinus problem due to chronic allergies with all the pollens going around 365 days a year for me. I have clear mind, and lots of energy and vitality. I was mainly interested in learning about sound healing as a way to help heal others.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to onevoice For This Post:

GMB1961 (6th May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast