+ Reply to Thread

Thread: on DirecTV satellite - "the Scientology Channel"

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Wink on DirecTV satellite - "the Scientology Channel"

Using a similar format to the webpage, https://www.scientology.org/videos/

it appears that wogs and awakened thetans can now get 24/7 immersion..

On DirecTV sitting one channel lower at ch 320 than Russian TV (RT 321) non-stop "programming" is there. Scroll up or scroll down per your choice.

It hits hard and after sitting through a couple of the 2 hour presentations, one may find it hard to not go out and get a "communications course", or buy some book such as Dianetics.. (satire)

references: https://www.vox.com/2018/3/22/171447...ogy-channel-tv

from the reference above:

Quote It’s a balmy spring day. A hiker is lost in the woods.

He looks around, confused. The camera pans around the clearing, then whirls faster, transforming the glimmering afternoon light into a kaleidoscope of blurred color. The man looks terrified.

When you’ve lost your way, the voiceover explains, everything becomes confusing. But once you find your one foundation point — the narrator assures us — you can start to find your way home again.

Inspirational music swells. The camera stops panning wildly and becomes steady, even calm: focusing now on the blandly handsome hiker, map in his hand.

The hiker looks up. He grins, visibly relieved. He sets off, resolute and purposeful.

That foundation point, we learn in this segment, and the dozens to follow, is Scientology.

And the hiker’s story — a minute-long segment in a 150-minute show called Tools for Life — is just one of many used by the Scientology Network, a new TV channel that premiered on DirectTV and assorted streaming services last week. The channel, which is funded and produced by Scientology Media Productions, the de facto media arm of the Church of Scientology, is ostensibly designed to counteract the media narrative around the controversial religious movement. Scientology was founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard in 1952 and is frequently denounced as a cult.

Scientology Network’s tagline, shared on the Church of Scientology’s social media channels, references this controversy directly, telling would-be viewers, “The only thing more interesting than what you’ve heard is what you haven’t.”

“There’s a lot of talk about us. And we get it,” said the church’s leader, David Miscavige, on Monday. ”People are curious. Well, we want to answer your questions. ... We’re not here to preach to you, to convince you or to convert you. No. We simply want to show you.”

But perhaps the most surprising thing about what the Scientology channel has to show is that it’s not so surprising at all. The vague “self-help” platitudes and stock-footage-laden graphics on offer this week tie neatly into the intersection of capitalism and spirituality that has come to define the American religious landscape.

Scientology has been the subject of controversy for decades
    It makes sense that Miscavige might want to improve the popular perception of Scientology. The church claims to have millions of members worldwide, including numerous Hollywood adherents such as Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Elisabeth Moss (the precise number is not currently known). Former members have recounted abuse — mental, physical, and sexual — at the hands of senior members of the church. (The Church of Scientology has continuously denied knowledge of abuse or coercion by members in its ranks. Regarding 2005 accusations of sexual assault committed by church supervisor Gabriel Williams made by a then-minor in his care, the Church has denied any prior knowledge of Williams’ alleged wrongdoing before the allegations, and noted that they fired him as soon as they were made aware.) Ex-members and journalists who’ve spoken out against the organization have been threatened with legal action, or become the subject of church-organized surveillance.

But thus far, the Scientology Network’s offerings are, well, preaching to the choir. The various programs on offer, including “Inside Scientology,” “Meet a Scientologist,” and “I am a Scientologist,” are largely indistinguishable from one another: consisting of either interviews with people who have chosen to embrace the religion or more generic segments — like that with the hiker — detailing the downsides of modern life without Scientology’s principles.

The programs touch little on formal Scientologist religious or psychological terminology. For example, dianetics, a self-help practice developed by Hubbard in which a participant revisits past memories with a supposedly impartial “auditor,” is rarely mentioned explicitly, nor are thetans — the Scientologist understanding of what animates the human body, not unlike a soul.

Rather, the slickly produced programs on the Scientology channel resemble something in between a self-help seminar, an infomercial, and a drug commercial. The narrator shares vague Hallmark platitudes — “the way to happiness is far more easily followed when one supports people of goodwill”; “the hardened criminal does not learn to learn”; “one never really knows if he is wise or not until he sees the result of trying to apply it”; “we live in an age of solutions ... to find ourselves.” Narration then exhorts listeners to “trek through brambles” before “coming out on top to see a whole new world,” a sentiment accompanied with aesthetically pleasing, if anodyne, stock footage.

“Welcome to an age where the predictability of science and the wisdom of religion combine,” says the voiceover in another segment. “Welcome to the age of answers.”

The Scientology Network’s rhetoric is uncannily familiar
    Yet the most surprising thing about the Scientology Network may be how, well, not surprising it is. The commercial-style shots of glistening, happy, successful Scientologists’ faces (and the “cautionary tales” of drug addicts, criminals, and other unhappy individuals who, presumably, need Scientology in their lives), the vaguely spiritual platitudes, and the promise that Scientology can lead participants to better jobs and better lives all tie into a much bigger rhetoric increasingly prevalent in American culture: the idea that spirituality is, ultimately, about self-improvement.

With a Hollywood budget and Hollywood backers at its disposal, the Scientology Network is selling a promise that we’ve seen — in kind, if not in degree — plenty of times before. Spirituality, or something approximating it, is repackaged into a kind of emotional get-rich-quick scheme and sold to people who are as much customers as they are converts. (Before Hubbard developed Scientology as a religion, he developed and marketed the system of dianetics, later integral to Scientology, as a secular self-help practice and potential rival to psychotherapy.)

It’s a conflation of genuine spiritual longing with a distinctively American capitalist ethos of self-improvement, in which everything — even faith — is a means to a self-actualizing end. It’s a trope that has been part of the American cultural landscape since the days of New Thought (a 19th-century belief that you could attain success by imagining it) and the ministry of Norman Vincent Peale, whose sermons on “power of positive thinking” brought him thousands of adherents from Richard Nixon to Donald Trump.

Scientology may be the paradigmatic example of this trope. But it’s also a culmination of a wider capitalist tendency within American faith culture: to treat something as profound as religion as something that should be advertised at all. What Scientology has been accused of is, of course, far more serious than the misdeeds of your average prosperity gospel creature.

Former Scientologists have reported being labeled “suppressive persons” for leaving the church and cut off from family and friends, being forced to work for Sea Org, the Church’s leadership organization, for extremely low pay, and being pressured into spending up to millions of dollars to attain higher and higher levels of spiritual fulfillment, while journalists investigating the church have, among other things, been framed in the mid-1970s for sending bomb threats to Scientology churches.

While Scientology may be extreme, the conflation of capitalism and spiritual hunger in its rhetoric is not. We can find it in the prosperity gospel: the tendency among some evangelical Christian groups to envision a direct correlation between faithfulness and material wealth. We can see it, too, in the proliferation of spiritualized notions of “wellness”: from appropriations of yoga or Zen philosophy to “orgasmic meditation” to the “if you can dream it, it’s yours” optimism of self-help phenomenon The Secret.

Just this month, a panel at tech utopia South by Southwest called “The Gifts of Faith: Cultivating Resistance” packaged faith as a means of self-care akin to a kale smoothie. “We run out of ideas or energy; we are distracted or become depressed,” reads the panel’s description. “Teachers and philosophers across cultures have advised those seeking some sort of renewal to turn to faith in something greater than themselves.”

The most uncanny element of the Scientology Network’s shows is just how familiar they feel.

Correction: this article has been updated to reflect the fact that a court found that the Sea Org was not in violation of forced labor laws, after a lawsuit waged by former members Claire and John Headley under the Trafficking Victims Protection Act, on the grounds that the Headleys were free to leave at any time. The wages paid to Tracy Ekstrand in the Washington Post article linked to above — $10 a week plus room and board — were never found to be illegal.

It has also been updated to reflect that Gabriel Williams — mentioned in the article on alleged sexual abuse linked to above — was a “chief supervisor” in the Church of Scientology, rather than a member of Sea Org. The Church of Scientology fired him upon learning of the allegations against him and stated both that they were unaware of his actions and that no such other cases had happened within the church.
    Last edited by Bob; 27th March 2018 at 20:34.

2. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,827 times in 404 posts

Default Re: on DirecTV satellite - "the Scientology Channel"

Back in 1975 I lived in Sacramento Ca. We (my bride and I) knew a Scientology couple who were prominent in their "church". They invited us to a Scientology wedding. The wedding was so important they flew a "minister" from LA to officiate the event. It was the strangest, wierdest wedding we have ever attended. Last instruction before the kiss - "You are both clear". Well alrighty then.

Know how Scientology got its IRS religious tax free designation? They filed for a religious tax exemption year after year, only to be turned down by the IRS. So they came up with a new tactic. They met with the IRS and declared that they would launch a thousand lawsuits against the IRS and other Federal agencies unless the Feds capitulated and gave them their religious tax exemption. The IRS blinked. That tactic is now known as the Scientology defense.

L Ron Hubbard sure had a vivid imagination. Perhaps the greatest con man to walk the earth since WW2.

The Trumpster has said on more than one occasion that he wants to remove the Scientology tax exemption. Let us hope he gets around to that.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enigma3 For This Post:

Bob (26th March 2018), Chanlo23 (26th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (26th March 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (26th March 2018), Nasu (26th March 2018)

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Spending some time watching one of the movies presented, the "programming", is like experiencing the best that MSM can produce.

For anyone wanting to understand the MSM "programming" technique, how "commercials" work, the experience is unsurpassed as a study. The use of "buttons" across the board with every aspect that can be used to evoke "case" reactions are shown. Watch one's emotional tone level go up and down, being played like a fiddle is the expression.

Note: Chris Shelton, a former high level Scientologist has a series of videos which add a lot of understanding to the current CofS situation (see posts below for a couple of his short 14 minute videos).

My first experience with a Scientologist (1977), he tried to play me "like a fiddle" to show me I "needed" processing (so that I would not be reactive to his button pushing for instance).. So I tried a "comm course" on his suggestion and watched the organization try to get me to sign up for about 50,000$ (US) for their processing.. (that was their evaluation for me to "go clear"). hmmm a "Pay to Grow, (glow) " technique.

The registrar's technique was to play on emotion, play on ego, play on "power". After the "comm course" I think it was like $50, and a few books, maybe another 50$ I had enough. The technique being explored for all the upper levels was completely evident in the "comm course" if one could connect the dots.

It is my experience that all the other "upper levels" are for those who can't get it, and need the continual experience to "drive it home".. In the end, in OT8, the end result is you are told, Well, now YOU are You.. (did you catch that, you are you..) and some folks have spent over 480,000$ US to find that out - that YOU are you. No magical powers there eh?

The drama associated with getting to the upper levels is fascinating, and of course, with the curiosity, people will pay and find out there is a "fraternity" within the organization to those on the "in".. Not playing by the rules and one is on the "out" and fair game.. Game as in an animal to be hunted, and eaten, or tossed aside. A "thought" system in other words, i.e. "thetan" or thought beingness (created without limitations).. So anything goes that can be "thought up" or "imagined".. and a game played with the "thoughts" and "rules". The rules don't have to be grounded in regular reality.. What one gains is an ability to "think up anything" and get others to believe it.. then play a game with what has been "created"... If one can't create, the hypothesis is one has some "hangup" preventing that (such as maybe an "ethics issue" that it is wrong to kill innocents)... And that then can get "processed out" so that one has "total freedom" (in Crowley's terminology, do what thou wilst)..

(See Chris Shelton's video below, (very good insights) on the FAIR GAME policy that Hubbard put into play)

What if you want your own "ethics" and want to hold onto those concepts and beliefs? If it is inconsistent with the established "rules" one can leave (under duress), or get "corrected" (qual reprocessed to fix what programming went wrong). Or if one is really a high level potential trouble source, one will be destroyed (under the fair game policy).

Is that all part of Hubbard's original beliefs? I can't tell really or if "Fair Game" was written by Hubbard in a fit of insanity/madness or ghost written by someone who had infiltrated CofS earlier than the assumption of the early 1980's of the coupe d'etat..

I have only an experience to go by from spending time with John Galusha who was an original developer of the techniques expressed in Dianetics, the original printing of such. John was in no way like Hubbard I am told. He was not part of the modern CofS.

Dealing with handling body reactivity, how to talk one "down" from a mental blockage, a fear for instance of falling off a bicycle from having fell off and got hurt.. Replaying enough times the "fall" and one can get back up on the bicycle and "be in the present moment", which is pretty good dealing with that "reactivity"..

If one wanted to do a communications course, I think that is well worth it..

Caveat:

WHERE and HOW such is chosen... Freezone or CofS?
    But be aware one will be offered all the rest of the program and the CofS registrar and button pushing is mindblowingly accurate in how and what it targets. The 'pitch' is designed to be irresistible.

(Sometimes it may be fun to experience what being a "fiddle" is.. (tongue in cheek, satirical statement, anyone exposed to CofS would "get it")..)

https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com...+like+a+fiddle "Played like a fiddle"

def: "programming" - who does it, why, ie MSM, market commercials, "ads" and propaganda - https://ritualabuse.us/smart-confere...nd-propaganda/

Communications courses based upon the original material are available outside of CofS in the FreeZone: http://www.freezoneearth.org/downloads/files.html
    Last edited by Bob; 27th March 2018 at 21:22.

5. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,532 times in 32,931 posts

Wow. I think this should be in the Mind Control section. Not 'Spirituality'! The Church of Scientology, ever since 1982, has been a VERY VERY dangerous outfit. They can do immense damage: seriously.

As I've written elsewhere, Hubbard's early techniques (before Hubbard was sidelined in a coup, and the Church was taken over) really did work, and still do — in the right hands, quite marvelously and miraculously. There are a number of 'Scientology Free Zone' groups and organizations, most of which are quite low-key publicly, which still do all this stuff properly and ethically.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Andrew_K (28th March 2018), Bob (26th March 2018), enigma3 (26th March 2018), Jad (26th March 2018), Nasu (27th March 2018), seko (26th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #5
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hi Bill -

I suppose we could say what religion isn't mind control (and hasn't been historically).

With Sci no doubt they went religious status to not be charged as a money making corporation, early on.

I found it interesting that the slot that DirecTV got them in is right next to Russian Television (RT 321), and not up above 362 where most of the other "spirit programming" channels are. Coincidence or a hidden message? Dunno..

John Galusha, whom some folks think Hubbard stole the techniques in Dianetics from was a pretty neat guy, down to earth, not "mind control" but genuinely interested in helping one get past any "blocks" one may have preventing one from being or doing things. Very down to earth and kind. I got the heck out of Sci organization officially in 1977 when I completed the comm course. And took a look at the "rest of the upper level stuff" with freezone - enough for me to connect the dots originally what Hubbard and John were offering how it all applied - communications with anything..

If you want to move the thread to conspiracy mind control that is a statement. I put it here using the Sci "applied religious practice" statement made by their group for consistency. I have no interest in participation with the Sci organization and haven't since 1977.

The readers can take a look here: http://www.freezoneplanet.org/6a.html to see what and who John Galusha was all about.. to understand more of where my viewpoint and opinion is derived.

Here is one of your references that readers should look at, the whole thread though has a lot of interesting dialog.. - - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1038175
    Last edited by Bob; 26th March 2018 at 22:02.

8. Link to Post #6
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

From https://scientologymoneyproject.com/tag/directv/ - - Scientology the Money Project

- Note all dialog below is quoted from scientologymoneyproject.com - it is not placed in the Quote Box for easy viewing purposes..

"The Church of Scientology has launched its cable channel. It has done so by purchasing time on a 24/7/365 basis on channel 320 on Direct TV. However, for all intents and purposes Scientology Television appears to be depending upon being live-streamed on YouTube.

"Thus, we can use existing YouTube statistics to predict Scientology Television’s potential for success on YouTube.

"Our only caveat is that Scientology’s published numbers are notoriously unreliable and often completely false. For example, Scientology has variously claimed it has eight million members, twelve million members, or simply millions of members.

"Absent any independent third party audit, we must take Scientology’s numbers to be both inflated and unverifiable. Moreover, Scientology’s STAND League on Twitter was caught using stock photos and claiming these were actual Scientologists. These fake “stock photo Scientologists” were exposed as such. Scientology has also been suspected of using click farms to boost ratings. With these factors in mind, we proceed with our analysis of Scientology’s performance on YouTube.

"We begin with Scientology’s main YouTube channel. We learn there that this channel began on September 19, 2006 and claims 30,521,562 views as of March 14, 2018:

"Scientology spent millions of dollars on a one-time Super Bowl ad in early 2018 to gain 10% of its total YouTube traffic since 2006. This does not bode well for Scientology Television as the channel is not tied to advertising on high profile televised network events such as the Super Bowl, the World Cup, the Academy Awards, or major television franchises like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, or The Big Bang Theory.

"Once we deduct the numbers for Scientology’s top ten YouTube videos, we are left with 19,339,562 views since the channel began 135 months ago in September 2006. Less the top ten videos, then, Scientology YouTube has averaged a paltry 143,256 views per month since its inception.

"Based on the foregoing, my prediction is that this will be the exact content we can expect to see repeated endlessly on Scientology Television:
    • Ideal Org grand openings
    • Volunteer Ministers
    • Meet a Scientologist videos
    • A focus on Latin America
    • Scientologists making a difference in their communities videos
    • CCHR anti-drug and anti-psychiatry videos
    • Pseudo-ecumenical efforts using the usual Scientology shills, e.g. Dr. J. Gordon Melton
    • Speeches at Ideal Org grand openings by low-ranking functionaries, for example Captain John Galindo, Operations Director National Circle of Aid Technicians of Colombia

"Bottom Line: My prediction is that Scientology Television will follow the same trajectory as an Ideal Org – which is to say that it will have a shelf life of three weeks and then it will die on the vine."

9. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,320 times in 4,085 posts

L. Ron Hubbard was a 'very good friend' of Aleister Crowley. I've no doubt Hubbard knew some truth and shared it but ..I'm afraid based on his relationship with Crowley I don't trust him as a person. For example what Hubbard created turned very quickly into a belief system and then very quickly after ..a dangerous cult.

Yes, sure, I agree some of Hubbards stuff work for people like yourself Bill. And rank and file paid up scientologist members are /really nice people/ yes no qualms, I'm not trying to criticise peoples beliefs or people. Just the bit about Hubbards background looks suspicious combined with the mess in his wake that is the Church of Scientology

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Bob (26th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

For folks wanting to read another thread on Scientology - https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1035667
    "Scientology-Science-for-a-Golden-Age" is a most dynamic thread with a LOT of opinions going back and forth.

It also contains good details about the "religious artifact" the E-Meter (It is believed that Sci had to choose the religious artifact definition to stay consistent with the "applied spiritual practices" position to not be branded a for-profit corporation). (PS - I have an interesting anecdote about the original circuit of the E-Meter why Hubbard insisted that that front end NEVER ever be changed... later, not now for this thread).. Herve' had a good observation about the E-Meter being a religious artifact to escape from MEDICAL DEVICE registration requirements by the FDA - see https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1040021

Well worth the read, and it is indeed in Spiritual section of the forum, subsection "Spiritual and self-help practices that seem to work". That thread been there since 7th January 2016 again it would appear to be consistent with the Scientology "religious" statements they continually make.

See screen shot below:

I certainly don't believe they are just a "spiritually focused organization", not since the coup d'etat that Bill mentions in an above post. I think the reference is: Scientology exposed - https://www.scribd.com/document/1010...osed-Jon-Atack

The Sci processing steps on POWER (Power processing) deal with being able to hold one's viewpoint consistently.. To not be deviated when one is button pushed for instance. That certainly doesn't seem purely spiritual ? That would be a "mind control" but is it conspiratorial?

How much has the Catholic church made since its inception? Why is there a Vatican? Why do people disagree with the Catholic church and the financial practices, and why have't they been deemed a for-profit organization?

The title of this thread is about an announcement, that Scientology now has a satellite cable-tv network channel, and that there appears to be some interesting observations in watching the channel and seeing how the programming works, what and how buttons work on people and to understand when one is being programmed using spirituality as the opening. Looking at the immense other threads under Spirituality, many have expressed their thoughts and stated strongly their opinions. Spirituality is quite a lively topic.

I agree with Bill, about the old techniques, however John Galusha created these prior to advanced Dianetics (i.e. Nots, or new era dianetics) - these were about dealing with deep seated issues dealing with the SPIRIT behind the body (that which controls the body), and the MIND to interpret will of spirit - both benefited, as turmoil would be reduced and one would spiritually FEEL better, and mentally be able to think clearer.. Sci messed with the mind body interface, and considered that spirit power was senior to mind.. that the spirit will would dominate.. Mind was a liability in other words (Sci emphasized "reactive mind" was the cause of all personal travail).

Is that mind control, spiritually feeling like one has a brighter viewpoint, that HOPE is there? That one can now think about how to solve a report's questions at work for instance? (thats the mind/spirit focus).

John Galusha was the brilliance of the 1950's era, the old school.. After the coupe d'etat things changed we are told. One can read a discussion from many of the FreeZone people who left who can tell one many a war story about what happened, who's who..(an interesting one is here) That though is not for this thread, this thread is about the channel that was just started primarily to stay on topic.

Getting a background for the newbie, or the one curious, PLEASE take a look at the thread mentioned at the top of this POST. https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1035713

I found it a most awakening read. Possibly one will understand many things about Sci much clearer.

PPS - one can get a communications course without going to the CofS. http://www.freezoneearth.org/downloads/files.html

As I pointed out quite clearly, if one goes there to CofS be prepared for quite an experience, the programs presented on the DirecTV channel one can watch and find out for oneself, HOW it is done if one is aware and can catch the button pushing and psychology.

Quote What if you want your own "ethics" and want to hold onto those concepts and beliefs? If it is inconsistent with the established "rules" one can leave (under duress), or get "corrected" (qual reprocessed to fix what programming went wrong). Or if one is really a high level potential trouble source, one will be destroyed (under the fair game policy).

Is that all part of Hubbard's original beliefs? I can't tell really.. I have only an experience from spending time with John Galusha who was an original developer of the techniques expressed in Dianetics, the original printing of such. Dealing with handling body reactivity, how to talk one "down" from a mental blockage, a fear for instance of falling off a bicycle from having fell off and got hurt.. Replaying enough times the "fall" and one can get back up on the bicycle and "be in the present moment", which is pretty good dealing with that "reactivity"..

If one wanted to do a communications course, I think that is well worth it..

But be aware one will be offered all the rest of the program and the registrar and button pushing is mindblowingly accurate in how and what it targets. Sometimes it may be fun to experience what being a "fiddle" is..
    My satirical observations about the "best MSM programming" should have been obvious - it was satire.. I'll update OP post 1 to emphasize that.

reference: Being played like a fiddle - https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com...+like+a+fiddle
    Quote To be skillfully manipulated by someone to suit their own needs, ends, or benefits.

ex: I was played like a fiddle by that travelling salesman. Now what am I going to do with all this junk that he convinced me to buy?
    Last edited by Bob; 27th March 2018 at 20:47.

12. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Chris Shelton former scientologist - his views on CofS TV (channel 320 direcTV)

Very good points made - highly recommended to watch CHRIS' video - (one amazing point about the dangers of lethality from doing the Scio DETOX program using megadoses of Niacin), many other useful observations - what do you think of his interpretations and observations?

About 14 min. running time for the video

Chris's blog - http://mncriticalthinking.com/ "Critical Thinking"

Chris has a series of disclosure videos from his numerous years in the organization, having left with his realizations, summarizing, the CofS.. they are not what they purport to be..

As was pointed out in the OP post 1, a very MSM like "programming" tool is this "channel" . Chris describes pretty closely to what was observed in the OP post 1 and followup thoughts in post 3 above. (Thank you Chris)

A couple videos by Chris - take a look - expressed thoughts clearly spoken having been on the "IN" and then sincere reasons why not part of CofS now.

This video below by Chris is very revealing about some of the contradictions Chris has seen and calls to attention. "CofS - their way or the highway" - one cannot contradict "God" i.e. their leadership, or challenge their doctrine

and this video about 16 minutes - "Disconnection" - a powerful video where Chris explains how he was attracted to the purported goals talked about originally by Hubbard but found out otherwise - what happens when one has to disconnect

Last edited by Bob; 27th March 2018 at 21:51.

13. Link to Post #10
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by YoYoYo (here)
    L. Ron Hubbard was a 'very good friend' of Aleister Crowley. I've no doubt Hubbard knew some truth and shared it but ..I'm afraid based on his relationship with Crowley I don't trust him as a person. For example what Hubbard created turned very quickly into a belief system and then very quickly after ..a dangerous cult.

Yes, sure, I agree some of Hubbards stuff work for people like yourself Bill. And rank and file paid up scientologist members are /really nice people/ yes no qualms, I'm not trying to criticise peoples beliefs or people. Just the bit about Hubbards background looks suspicious combined with the mess in his wake that is the Church of Scientology
    Hubbard called himself a "very good friend" of Crowley but with anything Hubbard says you have to bear in mind that he was one of the world's greatest liars. Factually, he never even met Crowley and when Crowley heard from Jack Parsons about the Magick rituals he and Hubbard were doing Crowley called both of them "goats" and he suggested that Hubbard was a con man who was influencing Parsons.

In fact Crowley was correct in his suspicions of Hubbard as was proved when Hubbard ran off with Jack Parsons' money and his girlfriend. This was Sarah Northrup, who Hubbard later married while he was still married to his first wife and then years later he denied in a TV interview that he ever married her. Not surprising considering she called him "hopelessly insane", amongst other things.

http://www.spaink.net/cos/LRH-bio/sara.htm

I know that some people believe Hubbard was some kind of genius but I think it's important to balance that with a genuine picture of what he was really like. I would recommend the book: "Bare Faced Messiah" by Russell Miller to get a very good overview of Hubbard.

And yes, I do know about scientology. I spent 15+ years in the so-called "church" of scientology. I was a highly trained auditor, I did a huge amount of training on Hubbard's admin policies and I reached OTV on the so-called Bridge to Total Freedom. I don't recommend it. There may be some minor benefits to be had from some parts of scientology but there is much more valuable information out there than anything Hubbard claimed to have discovered, in my opinion.
    Peter

14. The Following User Says Thank You to justpeter For This Post:

Matthew (17th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread