+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DARPA is researching 'Time Crystals'

1. Link to Post #1
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,462 times in 950 posts

Default DARPA is researching 'Time Crystals'

DARPA Is Researching Time Crystals, And Their Reasons Are 'Classified'

The US military likes to stay at the forefront of the cutting edge of science - most recently investigating ways they can 'hack' the human brain and body to make it die slower, and learn faster.

But in an unexpected twist, it turns out they're also interested in pushing the limits of quantum mechanics. The Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has announced it's funding research into one of the strangest scientific breakthroughs in recent memory - time crystals.

read more on https://www.sciencealert.com/why-is-...ystal-research

The DoD’s Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, or DARPA, announced a new program to fund research on these systems. More generally, the new DRINQS program will study exactly what its acronym stands for: “Driven and Nonequilibrium Quantum Systems.” But why?
    https://gizmodo.com/darpa-is-funding...rch-1823745090

anybody got idea what's about? from various comment this nothing more than declassified what they already have...
    Last edited by apokalypse; 27th March 2018 at 13:30.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to apokalypse For This Post:

Baby Steps (8th June 2018), BMJ (27th March 2018), Bob (27th March 2018), Cardillac (28th March 2018), dynamo (27th March 2018), Ewan (27th March 2018), Flash (27th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th March 2018), gardunk (27th March 2018), mojo (27th March 2018), Nasu (27th March 2018), O Donna (28th March 2018), Orph (27th March 2018), Sequoia (28th March 2018), shadowstalker (27th March 2018), toppy (27th March 2018), wnlight (28th March 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member mojo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 39,420 times in 5,645 posts

Default Re: DARPA is researching 'Time Crystals'

Just thinking out of the box, molecular structure might be the focus? In both sound waves and mathematics we observe sacred geometry at work and perhaps DARPA is looking at ways to determine the crystal lattice of both natural and manmade crystals to determine their lattice arrangement? If they can create crystals that model Fibonacci or the Golden Mean their structure does not end but goes on into infinity. Maybe that structure is capable of holding information and used as a carrier wave to other dimensions or a source of power that many people already believe about crystals?

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mojo For This Post:

Cardillac (28th March 2018), dynamo (27th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th March 2018), Nasu (27th March 2018), Orph (27th March 2018), Sequoia (28th March 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

Quote Posted by https://www.sciencealert.com/why-is-darpa-funding-time-crystal-research
    "Wouldn't it be super weird if you jiggled the Jell-O and found that somehow it responded at a different period?" explained one of the researchers behind the discovery, Norman Yao, from the University of California, Berkeley.
    Yeah, like tracking and remote interaction with things underwater, underground, and in space.... or delayed assasination devices...

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Cardillac (28th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th March 2018), Nasu (27th March 2018), Orph (27th March 2018), Satori (28th March 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

if one has read Scotsman John Urwins's bone-chilling, personal testimony "The Sixteen" about his secret military activities in the Middle East in the mid-50's (most shattering personal testimony I've ever read) where his last mission was to recover 2 crystals which if combined with 4 others (other captured source/s unknown) would/could guarantee global dominance-

am not sure if book is still in print; but do know Kerry Cassidy did at least 2 interviews with him- I think the man is genuine- but unless one is a fellow Scotsman I found his very thick accent at times rather difficult to understand-

I was once in Glasgow (ca. 30 yrs. ago) and people were supposedly speaking English to me (I was speaking with, obviously, an American accent- they seemed to understand me perfectly) but it was very difficult for me to understand what they were saying- not a critcism, was just an observation-

Larry

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (29th March 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (30th March 2018), meeradas (27th March 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,951 times in 2,389 posts

Why am I such a cynic that my first thought is that whatever they discover it will be the worst of it that is employed, whilst the best of it rots in a backroom storage cabinet for 30 years or more.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Cardillac (28th March 2018), Flash (27th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th March 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (30th March 2018), meeradas (27th March 2018), Nasu (27th March 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 times in 650 posts

Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)
    if one has read Scotsman John Urwins's bone-chilling, personal testimony "The Sixteen" about his secret military activities in the Middle East in the mid-50's (most shattering personal testimony I've ever read) where his last mission was to recover 2 crystals which if combined with 4 others (other captured source/s unknown) would/could guarantee global dominance-

am not sure if book is still in print; but do know Kerry Cassidy did at least 2 interviews with him- I think the man is genuine- but unless one is a fellow Scotsman I found his very thick accent at times rather difficult to understand-

I was once in Glasgow (ca. 30 yrs. ago) and people were supposedly speaking English to me (I was speaking with, obviously, an American accent- they seemed to understand me perfectly) but it was very difficult for me to understand what they were saying- not a critcism, was just an observation-

Larry
    In the interests of accuracy:

He's not Scottish, John Urwin is from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. The accent is known, as are the people, as "Geordie(s)". Newcastle is roughly 70 miles south of the Scottish border.
    Last edited by The Moss Trooper; 27th March 2018 at 20:02.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Moss Trooper For This Post:

Cardillac (28th March 2018), Flash (27th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th March 2018), genevieve (28th March 2018), meeradas (27th March 2018), Nasu (27th March 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,951 times in 2,389 posts

Quote Posted by The Crimson Horse Blanket (here)
    Quote Posted by Cardillac (here)

Larry
    In the interests of accuracy:

He's not Scottish, John Urwin is from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne. The accent is known, as are the people, as "Geordie(s)". Newcastle is roughly 70 miles south of the Scottish border.
    Provide the audio and I can translate that without much bother.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Bob (30th March 2018), Cardillac (28th March 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th March 2018), Nasu (27th March 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

@apokalypse Hi

Quote from: apokalypse
    anybody got idea what's about? from various comment this nothing more than declassified what they already have...
    I took a look to be able to answer your question - Reading their proposal document, they are asking for researchers who want to get grants to build something akin to a better atomic clock to submit abstracts. They say they are wanting ideas for how to build these new types of devices which in essence will act like ultra-high precision "clocks". Sorta like a new type of ultra precision system which when it goes out of balance due to external influences they can determine what did that.. One of their buzzwords is quantum coherence (quantum as in information) coherence as in everything staying in vibrational synch.

With their security uses, for instance lets say an enemy is moving in the field somewhere, and they want a sensor to indicate a disturbance at an extreme range, without having to have anything active, like radar, lasers, or sonar, such a device would indicate a disturbance by momentarily going out of vibrational coherence.. The use of "time" is probably incorrect in some respects, it doesn't mess with time, or allow one to look at past or future time.. It's like the "time" in an atomic clock, such vibrates pretty accurately and consistently.. They want something better, and a whole lot simpler than a complex atomic clock..

In the gizmodo article, the solicitation and its reasons are not classified. Darpa makes a series of strong statements in the solicitation proposal that the research conducted is not to be considered classified. They do say that there may be some security designs of the end sensor device which may be classified. I can easily imagine a classified sensor could be a passive submarine detector which is totally silent, just sitting waiting for something to disturb it's "time clock".

They mention that gravity for instance (a large mass in other terms) would change the rate of oscillation (vibration) in a crystalline oscillator.. Therefore that provides the basis for the technology that they are seeking, a slight mass change from something disturbing the "norm" would be able to be rapidly and easily and hopefully low cost implemented.

No mystery on this one.

Its explained in technical-ese here https://www.fbo.gov/utils/view?id=f3...152c51a24d3578

The DARPA solicitation for ideas is listed here: https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportun...=core&_cview=1

Quote The Defense Sciences Office at the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is soliciting innovative research proposals in the area of driven and nonequilibrium quantum systems.

The DRINQS program aims to demonstrate that the gains in coherence times that can be achieved in such systems can be exploited to improve the capabilities of quantum sensors and devices of importance to national security.

Proposed research should investigate innovative approaches that enable revolutionary advances in science, devices, or systems. Specifically excluded is research that primarily results in evolutionary improvements to the existing state of practice.
    As to "national security" importance, the above mentioned passive field sensor able to detect a moving mass, or mass change would be something "of importance".
    Last edited by Bob; 28th March 2018 at 01:45.

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Crystals.....remember about the military man who was sitting at a presentation & all of a sudden the "officer" giving the speech reverted to his original "way of being" & there was a crystal on the podium?!!! Anything I "remember" was learned here on Avalon.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Ivy23 (29th March 2018), Jean-Marie (29th March 2018)

+ Reply to Thread