+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Third Industrial Revolution

1. Link to Post #1
    New Zealand Avalon Member Studeo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default The Third Industrial Revolution

Hi everyone. It has been a long time since I have last posted here and I have herd about a new documentary called the Third Industrial Revolution and I would like to share it with you.

I hope you find it as interesting and informative as I did and to please share it with others, especially the Millennial's in your family and friends. Enjoy.
    Destiny comes to those who listen and fate finds the rest. So learn what you can learn. Do what you can do and never give up hope! Marshall's Motto. Peace to all.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Studeo For This Post:

happyuk (31st March 2018), pyrangello (2nd April 2018), toppy (31st March 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Default Re: The Third Industrial Revolution

Thank you, Studeo. It is very, very interesting.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toppy For This Post:

Studeo (31st March 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,429 times in 21,488 posts

Quote Posted by Studeo (here)
    Hi everyone. It has been a long time since I have last posted here and I have herd about a new documentary called the Third Industrial Revolution and I would like to share it with you.
    The speaker, Jeremy Rifkin, has authored a number of books, including The Third Industrial Revolution: How Lateral Power Is Transforming Energy, the Economy, and the World, published back in 2013. He's given variations of this speech before, including for example here, in 2016.

He's extolling the virtues of the Internet of Things and of a global digital infrastructure, connecting everyone. It's the technocracy wet dream.

I disagree with his science, his economics, his politics, and his optimistic forecasts of how wonderful this coming "Third Revolution" will be for the ordinary human. See for example my post of a couple of days ago: Alt Media being Toasted to a Dark Crisp -- Post #41.
    Last edited by ThePythonicCow; 31st March 2018 at 06:20.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Cara (31st March 2018), Ewan (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st March 2018), onawah (1st April 2018), Studeo (31st March 2018), wnlight (1st April 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,481 times in 1,331 posts

Further to @Paul’s post above, here are some other places to look to get a view of the dark, social engineering side of this push towards technocracy.

1. James Corbett has twice interviewed Patrick Wood, author of Technocracy Rising:

Quote Interview 1046 – Patrick Wood Exposes the Technocracy Agenda
    Corbett05/28/2015

24/7 surveillance. Smart grid controls. Carbon rationing. Today we talk to “Technocracy Rising” author Patrick Wood about the hidden history of technocracy, the dark plan for a resource-based economy that is being pushed by the Trilateral Commission, the UN, and other globalist institutions in order to bring about a completely managed, controlled and regulated society.
    Here: https://www.corbettreport.com/interv...ocracy-agenda/

And

Quote Interview 1111 – Patrick Wood Exposes the Technocrats’ Climate Eugenics Agenda
    Corbett11/13/2015

Previously on The Corbett Report we discussed the technocratic agenda of the Trilaterals and their globalist ilk with “Technocracy Rising” author Patrick Wood. Today Wood joins us once again to discuss the upcoming COP21 Climate Conference in Paris and how it plays into the technocrats’ plan to control the world’s resources and implement genocidal eugenics-based austerity.
    Here: https://www.corbettreport.com/interv...genics-agenda/

Here’s a short interview on RT with Patrick Wood, in which his basic ideas are expressed:

And here is his book, Technocracy Rising:

Quote With meticulous detail and an abundance of original research, Patrick M. Wood uses Technocracy Rising to connect the dots of modern globalization in a way that has never been seen before so that the reader can clearly understand the globalization plan, its perpetrators and its intended endgame.

In the heat of the Great Depression during the 1930s, prominent scientists and engineers proposed a utopian energy-based economic system called Technocracy that would be run by those same scientists and engineers instead of elected politicians. Although this radical movement lost momentum by 1940, it regained status when it was conceptually adopted by the elitist Trilateral Commission (co-founded by Zbigniew Brzezinski and David Rockefeller) in 1973 to be become its so-called “New International Economic Order.”
    Here: https://www.technocracy.news/index.p...ransformation/

2. Dimitri Orlov, a somewhat eccentric cultural critic, has a book called Shrinking the Technosphere: Getting a Grip on Technologies that Limit our Autonomy, Self-Sufficiency and Freedom

Quote Over the past two centuries we have witnessed a wholesale replacement of most of the previous methods of conducting both business and daily life with new, technologically advanced, more efficient methods.

What exactly is progressive or efficient about this new arrangement is hardly ever examined in depth: if the new ways of doing things are so much better, then we must all be leading relaxed, stress-free, enjoyable lives with plenty of free time to devote to art and leisure activities. But a more careful look at these changes shows us that many of these advances are not weighing favourably in a harm/benefit comparison. The harm to the environment, society, and even to our own personalities, on an individual level, is plain to see, but is brushed off with hollow claims about efficiency and progress.

Shrinking the Technosphere guides readers through the process of bringing technology down to a manageable number of carefully chosen, essential, well-understood and controllable elements. It is about regaining the freedom to use technology for our own benefit, and is critical reading for all who seek to get back to a point where technologies assist us rather than control us.
    Here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...e-technosphere

3. A more philosophical view of why technology is not necessarily benign might be inferred from this passage from Sigmund Freud’s Civilisation and Its Discontents, written in 1929:

Quote With every tool man is perfecting his own organs, whether
    motor or sensory, or is removing the limits to their functioning. Motor power
    places gigantic forces at his disposal, which, like his muscles, he can employ in
    any direction; thanks to ships and aircraft neither water nor air can hinder his
    movements; by means of spectacles he corrects defects in the lens of his own eye;
    by means of the telescope he sees into the far distance; and by means of the
    microscope he overcomes the limits of visibility set by the structure of his retina.
    In the photographic camera he has created an instrument which retains the
    fleeting visual impressions, just as a gramophone disc retains the equally fleeting
    auditory ones; both are at bottom materializations of the power he possesses of
    recollection, his memory. With the help of the telephone he can hear at distances
    which would be respected as unattainable even in a fairy tale. Writing was in its
    origin the voice of an absent person; and the dwelling-house was a substitute for
    the mother’s womb, the first lodging, for which in all likelihood man still longs,
    and in which he was safe and felt at ease.

These things that, by his science and technology, man has brought about on this
    earth, on which he first appeared as a feeble animal organism and on which each
    individual of his species must once more make its entry (‘Oh inch of nature!’) as
    a helpless suckling — these things do not only sound like a fairy tale, they are an
    actual fulfilment of every — or of almost every — fairy-tale wish. All these assets
    he may lay claim to as his cultural acquisition. Long ago he formed an ideal
    conception of omnipotence and omniscience which he embodied in his gods. To
    these gods he attributed everything that seemed unattainable to his wishes, or
    that was forbidden to him. One may say, therefore, that these gods were cultural
    ideals. Today he has come very close to the attainment of this ideal, he has
    almost become a god himself. Only, it is true, in the fashion in which ideals are
    usually attained according to the general judgement of humanity. Not
    completely; in some respects not at all, in others only half way. Man has, as it
    were, become a kind of prosthetic God....
    A copy of Civilization and its Discontents is here: http://www.stephenhicks.org/wp-conte...text-final.pdf
    And an audiobook recording is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRNuTHEmgKU

When I read this excerpt from the book and “transpose” it to modern times, I clearly see some of the psychological aspects that might be drivers of transhumanism.

From here the phrase which describes man becoming a “prosthetic god” seems rather concerning given what we know about the lack of morals and empathy by many of the power players in the world today.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Ewan (1st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (31st March 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Paul (here)
    Quote Posted by Studeo (here)
    The speaker, Jeremy Rifkin, has authored a number of books, including The Third Industrial Revolution: How Lateral Power Is Transforming Energy, the Economy, and the World, published back in 2013. He's given variations of this speech before, including for example here, in 2016.

He's extolling the virtues of the Internet of Things and of a global digital infrastructure, connecting everyone. It's the technocracy wet dream.

I disagree with his science, his economics, his politics, and his optimistic forecasts of how wonderful this coming "Third Revolution" will be for the ordinary human. See for example my post of a couple of days ago: Alt Media being Toasted to a Dark Crisp -- Post #41.
    I wonder if there are enough affluent millennials to make this IOT thing fly? Bezos is touting it as a new golden age. People probably imagine a life on the Star Trek Enterprise or the Jetsons cartoon.

Computer technology peaked in USEFULNESS around 2010. Computers aren't even getting experientially faster anymore. Nobody talks about spyware anymore because the O/S is the spyware and the user is the product. Top spyware companies are Google, Facebook, Apple and Microsoft. It's not about usefulness anymore, it's about exploitation. Silicon Valley has to make IOT and subscription-ware fly or their future is grim. Why do people keep upgrading? Will you even use the new features? Why do they leave their PC connected to the internet 24/7? Why do they not turn it off at night? Ever wonder why Google named their holding company Alphabet? as in "alphabet agencies?"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Ewan (1st April 2018), ThePythonicCow (31st March 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Thanks

https://pando.com/2014/04/01/what-je...net-of-things/

In regards to the video posted on this thread wouldn't pay too much attention to this clown (the speaker in the video and not the poster lol)

If you watched the whole thing you could basically attribute it to a championing of total worldwide surveillance, NWO and robotic workers. How else would you achieve zero marginal cost on production?

He says the IoT will change everything and i have no doubt that is true after all you have a slither of freedom to opinion and free speech but when IoT hits you can forget that as everything in your house will be connected to everything else so you better watch your mouth otherwise you could get a knock on the door

Zero marginal, increased productivity, decreased loss are all facets of living in a city in a stack n pack to reduce energy and movement.

Sad thing is this was a Crisis in the early 70's but then called Global Cooling then changed to Global Warming and now Climate Change because the recent weather would not suggest a lack of cold weather certainly not this year!

The end goal is to get everyone under 24/7 surveillance where everything you do and say and wherever you go is all recorded and uploaded to the worst people you would ever give control to information to be sold on to Political Interests as we have seen many times before and most recently in the FB and Cambridge Analytica scandal.

As the article above put it he basically describes True Communism.
    Last edited by downliner; 1st April 2018 at 01:30.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to downliner For This Post:

Ewan (1st April 2018), ThePythonicCow (1st April 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,330 times in 2,365 posts

In 1969 Rockefeller associate Dr Day was pretty prescient. He said the US would be allowed to lead in computer technology, and we do.

https://inpursuitofhappiness.wordpre...ons-of-dr-day/

Ever notice that automobile technology is not allowed to advance except in the use of computers? Buy a Toyota Rav4 Hybrid and you'll find that it brakes for you if you get too close, tells you to have a coffee if you seem less-than-alert, and tells you when there's someone on your side. They just get crazier and crazier with computers in and electronics in cars, but they still run on gasoline.

+ Reply to Thread