+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The China Hustle

1. Link to Post #1
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Default The China Hustle

THIS IS A TRUE STORY. This is a documentary :this will change your mind on all of china's financial moves. 1hr 20 min.

Here is a trailer :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55892jT06aI

The Full length doc.

https://putlockerfree.video/watching...a-Hustle-25339

this site will require a sign up .... sorry

An unsettling and eye-opening Wall Street horror story about Chinese companies, the American stock market, and the opportunistic greed behind the biggest heist you've never heard of.

In the new documentary, “The China Hustle,” there's a moment when Dan David, a whistle blower and activist short-seller, returns home to his extended family and explains his work. He is trying to stop dubious Chinese firms from profiting on the U.S. stock market through backdoor, reverse takeovers.
    Last edited by ramus; 1st April 2018 at 16:43.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st April 2018), Franny (1st April 2018), KiwiElf (3rd April 2018), loc333 (1st April 2018), raregem (2nd April 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

Default Re: The China Hustle

@ramus

my step-brothers in NE Ohio have noticed/reported that many signs in their area are now also including an oriental script alongside English-

Larry
    Last edited by Cardillac; 1st April 2018 at 18:47.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st April 2018), Franny (1st April 2018), ramus (3rd April 2018), Valerie Villars (1st April 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

Looks quite interesting....thanks!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (1st April 2018), ramus (3rd April 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Doesn't China already own a big chunk of our "homeland"?! Personally, I'm glad we have a "business man" for President...my tired brain does not understand all the "in's & out's" of finances or politics....that's why I like to read what's going on here!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

justntime2learn (2nd April 2018), ramus (3rd April 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,382 times in 700 posts

Hello Everyone:
    I really enjoyed the documentary! I guess we all should follow Dan David and buy "shorts"
    Not sure when these chinese companies are going down but it appears they all will be.
    What a reassuring thought that the system is crooked

chancy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2018), ramus (3rd April 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Hoohhhmmmm same old story chinese are bad koreans and arabic are bad. so who is good. I tell what I see with my own eyes. The wealthiest people in the Philippines are chinese but they do work hard they hardly leave their shops and work most of the time. On the other hand most white people that came here got a lot of money. they buy beaches and farms the most beautiful parts of the country and settle (on a hammock) most of the time with young Filipino girls. They seem to earn many folds with per hour work than most people around the globe. Isnt it fair that we earn equally for our labors. So what is fair and who is benefiting from the labors of others. Sure the Chinese conquered our economy but they do it peacefully and with hard work. Who came here with guns and kill our own people. Spanish ; americans. same thing happens in most part of the globe me thinks. Pls dont tell us who is BS who arent because our own senses can see it clearly no need for BS documentaries.

Errr sorry to my white friends you are good people I know because ......you are my friends

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Cara (2nd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2018), Jayke (2nd April 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,482 times in 1,331 posts

Here are some places to look for ongoing news about China:

1. Chinascope:
    This is an English language website that contains a digest of news stories about and from China. Includes both Chinese and Western sources.
    http://chinascope.org/

2. China Global Times:
    This is an English language Chinese publication and is mostly considered by commentators as being reflective of the positions of Chinese think tanks for a western audience.
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/index.html

3. Pepe Escobar, who frequently writes for the Asia Times, TomDispatch, RT, Sputnik and others
    Pepe Escobar is a veteran (Brazilian) journalist who covers the Middle East and Asia. He travels to most of the places he covers in his articles and opinion pieces.
    Asia Times: http://www.atimes.com/writer/pepe-escobar/

There are plenty of others, but these have a broad scope.
    *I have loved the stars too dearly to be fearful of the night*

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cara For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2018), Jayke (2nd April 2018), ramus (2nd April 2018), Zanshin (4th April 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

@ Cardillac ....The total amount of exposure the U.S. faces is 1.2 trillion from Chinese companies, and that would be if they were all bad, and that's not the case. In the documentary they over stated how bad this fraud was. The Libor fraud was way worse, and that was in Europe and here.
    As to the signs, it's the (everyone has to be catered to mentality ) if they learn the culture and language, and assimilated, they could read the signs, I know there are tourist but you can't have a sign in every language. Except maybe California, ha ha

@ BUBU ... He wasn't saying all the Chinese were bad, he was saying that there are some bad actors in china and some facilitators here in the U.S. who are probably worst, it is our stock market that lets this happen.
    @ BUBU The documentary is far from BS , and the Chinese have not conquered the U.S.'s economy. It appears you have many issues, I'm not sure why. what's with the racial statement ? ...

(Errr sorry to my white friends you are good people I know because ......you are my friends).

I don't understand the statement .
    Last edited by ramus; 2nd April 2018 at 20:35.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Quote Posted by ramus (here)
    @ Cardillac ....
    @ BUBU The documentary is far from BS , and the Chinese have not conquered the U.S.'s economy. It appears you have many issues, I'm not sure why. what's with the racial statement ? ...

(Errr sorry to my white friends you are good people I know because ......you are my friends).

I have white friends not only in avalon and they sure are good people, not all white people is bad.

racial statement? its only in your mind. im just telling what I see to be true. maybe its the white shadow.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd April 2018), ramus (3rd April 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,706 times in 8,941 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Quote Posted by ramus (here)
    @ Cardillac ....

I have white friends not only in avalon and they sure are good people, not all white people is bad.

racial statement? its only in your mind. im just telling what I see to be true. maybe its the white shadow.
    you are right, this is happening in the Phillipines.

To tell the truth, those men with young Phillipino women could never afford such houses and the sea side in their own country, nor a beautiful young woman.

In our countries, they are often almost at the bottom of our societies (but they had work and could save money).

So it is true, they have the chance to be from a rich country - although not all have a good life in the rich countries. Someone with the same work skill in the Phillipines could never make as much as they did.

Not all, but many of these men are not strong enough to deal with equals (women their age and often more educated) and young women in their own countries would not want of them.

So they go, hoping for some to find love with a young one in the Phillipines, or for others, just to exploit the young ones. And also the cheaper life altogether.

On the other hand, the women with them wish for a better life and survival, rarely for true love. But it might happen sometimes, out of luck, while looking for survival, love happens.

So you see, here in our countries, the ladder is very steep and hard to climb, while if we go to poorer countries, it seems easier to climb since we start on a higher bar to start with.

I personnally do not have much esteem for those white guys, on average, however there is always exceptions to the rules. I personnally would not go in foreign countries to find young men (I have seen women doing that too), I much prefer my equal.

But, this is all illusion.

I am sorry that you are frustrated from this. And i understand.
    Last edited by Flash; 3rd April 2018 at 03:27.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    Hello Everyone:
    I really enjoyed the documentary! I guess we all should follow Dan David and buy "shorts"
    Not sure when these chinese companies are going down but it appears they all will be.
    What a reassuring thought that the system is crooked

chancy
    Based on the book, The Great Reckoning, you can expect the new emerging world economic power to have the worst depression, then come out the other side as the strongest. So if you want to buy a China short ETF (if they exist) you'll want to sell it after you've made all your money and buy a China long ETF. But a great way to lose ALL your money is to short particular stocks -- direct shorts have an expiration date and nobody can time that well.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread