+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Molly's Game

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,025 times in 2,396 posts

Default Molly's Game

Molly's Game

Quote The true story of Molly Bloom, an Olympic-class skier who ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game and became an FBI target.
    I watched this movie last night and was grabbed almost from the start, the intensity of interest rose as the film went on.

Now it is not some shattering reveal, you're not going to learn some amazing truth about the world but it is a marvelous slice of life - all the more compelling because it is a 'true*' story.

There is a gambler referred to only as PlayerX, and I got the distinct impression it was meant to be Zuckerberg. Originally I thought it was the same actor (Jesse Eisenberg) that played him in The Social Network, but it turned out to be a similar type of face in the shape of Michael Cera. Same screewriter (Aaron Sorkin) as The Social Network and this was his directorial debut. I'd say the guy has a solid career ahead of him.

Eisenberg

Cera

Nevertheless, given the young age of the character and his personality, I may still be correct that it was MZ. He gave a quote in the film. "I just like to destroy people's lives."

As a study of human characters, psychology, and both ends of the spectrum of society it is an engaging film which I would recommend if you get the opportunity.

Quote Molly Bloom, a beautiful young Olympic-class skier, ran the world's most exclusive high-stakes poker game for a decade before being arrested in the middle of the night by 17 FBI agents wielding automatic weapons. Her players included Hollywood royalty, sports stars, business titans, and finally, unbeknownst to her, the Russian mob. Her only ally was her criminal defense lawyer Charlie Jaffey, who learned that there was much more to Molly than the tabloids led us to believe.
    ==============================

Some alterations of the truth -

http://time.com/5073577/true-story-mollys-game/

Quote Aaron Sorkin doesn’t name the celebrity players who frequented Bloom’s game in the film, but Bloom does identify some of them in her book, including Ben Affleck, Tobey Maguire and Leonardo DiCaprio. However, she only names people who had already been exposed in the media before her book hit shelves, protecting other players from exposure
    Last edited by Ewan; 2nd April 2018 at 18:24. Reason: Added a link and a little more

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Ewan For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (2nd April 2018), Flash (3rd April 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd April 2018), happyuk (3rd April 2018), Inversion (3rd April 2018), Jad (4th April 2018), Jayke (2nd April 2018), justntime2learn (2nd April 2018), Matt P (3rd April 2018), Nasu (3rd April 2018), Noelle (2nd April 2018), O Donna (3rd April 2018), ramus (3rd April 2018), robinr1 (3rd April 2018), selinam (2nd April 2018), TargeT (2nd April 2018), toppy (3rd April 2018), Valerie Villars (3rd April 2018), william r sanford72 (3rd April 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Default Re: Molly's Game

Here is a site to watch Molly's Game for free: You will get pop-ups and pop-unders just delete them, I've used the site for years on a Mac with no problems.

http://sockshare.net/watch/zdKbE3G1-molly-s-game.html

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Ewan (3rd April 2018), william r sanford72 (3rd April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread