+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Honourable Woman - British series

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,700 times in 8,940 posts

Default The Honourable Woman - British series

I just finished listening on Netflix to a quite fascinating British serie called "the honourable woman" (yes, a u to honorable).

9 episodes, season 1.

Fascinating for many reasons:

It gives a good glance at the Israeli - Palestinian tensions
    It shows the involvement of USA in those tensions and how it is used for personal and country's gain
    It shows the intricacies of spy agencies and the ways the deal with each other
    It show the willful or unwillful involvement of Private corporations in the international affairs, how they are used to advance the given plan of each country or private interests groups
    It also has the emotional and life impact of all this violence and greed on people's personal emotions and life

then you also have some tricks demonstrated, such as how do you end up suicided on a door handle (how they do it)
    how private companies cables and satellites are used for spying
    what happen when you stumble on such things as a private unaware citizen
    etc.

I am aware that the serie shows little compared with realities that most of us are unware of, but it is a real good start, interesting.

And, it has a nice tone altogether - no non stop very violent action like american movies, but rather a slower pace much more tuned to reality and more pleasant in my views.

Well made altogether. And somewhat fascinating. I would classify it as very soft spies disclosure.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x25x800
    Last edited by Flash; 4th April 2018 at 20:21.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Bruno (5th April 2018), Cidersomerset (4th April 2018), CurEus (5th April 2018), Ewan (5th April 2018), Franny (5th April 2018), Jayke (4th April 2018), jjjones (4th April 2018), justntime2learn (4th April 2018), Kryztian (4th April 2018), Mercedes (4th April 2018), selinam (4th April 2018), sunwings (5th April 2018), toppy (5th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,987 times in 463 posts

Default Re: The Honourable Woman - British series

Yes it was a good series. It's been awhile since I've seen it but I remember enjoying Maggie Gyllenhaal

You might enjoy this French political thriller about a relationship between a French spy and a syrian woman. It's 3 seasons ie 30 hours - quite a commitment. If you get into it say goodbye to doing anything else for the next month!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bureau_(TV_series)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leavesoftrees For This Post:

Bruno (5th April 2018), Flash (5th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread