+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Get Rid of Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Cool How to Get Rid of Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists

by Caitlin Johnstone; The Mind Unleashed

Are you as sick and tired as I am of all those tinfoil hat-wearing conspiracy nutters who express skepticism whenever the kind and beneficent US intelligence agencies bestow us with urgent information about a new country in need of regime change? Do you want to get rid of that kooky fringe 74 percent of Americans who believe in a “Deep State” which controls the elected government?

Well you’re in luck, bucko! I happen to have compiled right here a list of six simple steps that our compassionate government and fearless media can take to rid America of these looney toon paranoid conspiracy theorists once and for all:

1. Stop ****ing lying all the time.

Simple, right? Just stop lying and people will stop wondering how the narrative they’re being spoon fed by their politicians and the media differs from reality!

End the practice of defense and intelligence agencies collaborating with think tanks and unelected insiders to manufacture false narratives which are then promulgated by pundits and politicians of both mainstream parties to advance imperialist agendas. What will Alex Jones and Sputnik talk about if the voices of power start telling the truth all of a sudden instead of lying about the justifications for imperialist wars, excluding and censoring skeptics of establishment orthodoxies from the mainstream conversation, and being forthright about the massive and ubiquitous problems in America’s democratic system?

That’ll show those crackpots!

2. Try some actual ****ing government transparency.

That’s right! Add government transparency into the mix and what will hostile non-state intelligence operatives like Julian Assange have to publish? I say we drive the WikiLeaks fake news complex right out of business by eliminating the immense veil of secrecy which shrouds so many levels of US government. That way when those annoying conspiracy kooks try to say we’re not being given the full story about the behavior of America and its allies, our leaders can just tell them “Uh, yes we are actually” and show unredacted documentation of all their behaviors.

How do you like that, Russian WikiLeaks? We are the WikiLeaks now!

3. Stop ****ing killing people.

Of course, it’s hard to be transparent when you’re conducting countless military operations all over the planet at any given moment, so we’ll probably have to stop that too. We don’t want to give away the secret plans and locations of America’s brave servicemen and women, after all. Dedicate the US military to defending America’s own shores and close down the hundreds of US military bases which dot the world like freckles on a Scotsman, and the next time those paranoid conspiracy freaks start questioning what they’re being told they can just be shown the truth.

Not as much fun as drone bombing children, I’ll admit, but if we want to get serious about this conspiracy theory epidemic we’ve got to start somewhere.

4. Stop promoting ****ing conspiracy theories.

I don’t like to be a Debbie downer, but when we’ve got news stories coming out every few days promoting theories about the US president conspiring with the Russian government, it gets a little difficult to tell people not to indulge in conspiracy theories. Unproven claims about powerful people conspiring together is the exact thing that a conspiracy theory is, and while I understand that these are authorized conspiracy theories, we can’t rely on these crazy loons to understand the distinction.

Better to lead by example and avoid trafficking in conspiracy theories altogether, in my opinion.

5. Stop being such ****ing assholes.

If US intelligence agencies weren’t torturing people, they wouldn’t have to lie about torturing. If US intelligence agencies weren’t surveilling US citizens, they wouldn’t have to lie about their surveillance programs. If US intelligence agencies weren’t constantly committing horrific atrocities to protect the interests of the powerful from the powerless, everyone would trust them and you’d stop seeing all these ridiculous conspiracy theories about what those agencies have been up to.

Call me crazy, but I’ve got this wild notion that maybe if highly secretive defense and intelligence agencies weren’t inflicting unspeakable acts of depravity and degradation upon humanity all the time from behind the veil of government opacity, humanity would be less paranoid about them.

6. Maybe try some ****ing democracy for once.

People are beginning to notice that no matter who they vote for they get the same exploitative neoliberal policies at home and the same murderous neoconservative policies abroad, which doesn’t do much to dispel those wacky notions about a permanent unelected government pulling the strings while the official elected government puts on a pretend democracy show every few years. It would probably be a good idea to do something about how America has the worst electoral system in the western world, how ordinary Americans have virtually no influence over US policy or behavior compared to wealthy Americans, and the way the rigidly-enforced two-party system necessarily creates an extortion scheme where both parties serve the same plutocratic interests but bully Americans into supporting one or the other under the threat of losing civil liberties.

And again, I hate to be a wet blanket, but those defense and intelligence agencies technically are unelected and technically do wield an immense amount of power, and technically do have an immense amount of influence over Washington, Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Hollywood, the mainstream media, big oil, plutocratic interests, US allies, world trade, and countless major world events. By restoring power to the people instead of leaving it all in the hands of an elite class of secretive agencies and their plutocratic allies, people might feel like they have a bit more control over what’s going on in their country and won’t have to make up nonsensical stories about a “deep state”.

If we could pull these steps off, what will these conspiracy-mongering grifters have to sell to the naive populace? If everyone trusts their government and feels confident in the democratic process, who will believe stories about powerful unelected forces ruling over them?

You certainly wouldn’t have 74 percent of them subscribing to this absurd “deep state” conspiracy theory, that’s for sure.

2. The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Ascension (17th November 2018), Baby Steps (5th April 2018), Billy (5th April 2018), Blacklight43 (5th April 2018), Bluegreen (16th April 2018), BMJ (5th April 2018), Bob (17th November 2018), Bruno (5th April 2018), Buzzie (5th April 2018), Carmody (19th November 2018), Dennis Leahy (18th November 2018), DNA (19th November 2018), Flash (5th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2018), genevieve (5th April 2018), Iloveyou (5th April 2018), Joe (17th November 2018), Kano (5th April 2018), Lettherebelight (15th April 2018), littleOne (6th April 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th April 2018), Mercedes (5th April 2018), Metaphor (18th November 2018), mountain_jim (5th April 2018), onawah (5th April 2018), Orph (5th April 2018), PurpleLama (20th November 2018), raregem (19th November 2018), selinam (5th April 2018), Shende (6th April 2018), Tree Of Life (19th November 2018), Valerie Villars (5th April 2018), william r sanford72 (5th April 2018), wnlight (5th April 2018), wondering (18th November 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 78,245 times in 8,656 posts

Default Re: How to Get Rid of Paranoid Conspiracy Theorists

My Thank You times 100 for the Truth-enjoyment factor and writing quality I got from this article.
    I don't believe anything, but I have many suspicions. - Robert Anton Wilson

The present as you think of it, and in practical working terms, is that point at which you select your physical experience from all those events that could be materialized. - Seth (The Nature of Personal Reality - Session 656, Page 293)

(avatar image: Brocken spectre, a wonderful phenomenon of nature I have experienced and a symbol for my aspirations.)

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mountain_jim For This Post:

BMJ (5th April 2018), Dennis Leahy (18th November 2018), dynamo (5th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2018), genevieve (5th April 2018), raregem (19th November 2018), Valerie Villars (17th November 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member Blacklight43's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 times in 245 posts

Thank you dynamo. It seems Caitlin Johnstone has tapped into my thought processor. I have had the same interpretation of these events for the better part of 50+ years now and especially the last 17! Nice find.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Blacklight43 For This Post:

BMJ (5th April 2018), Dennis Leahy (18th November 2018), dynamo (5th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2018), genevieve (5th April 2018), raregem (19th November 2018), Valerie Villars (17th November 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

I find it a bit bizarre the way you are trying to associate the word "conspiracy" with the government's propaganda... which, yes is using, what could be considered a "conspiracy" to promote their agenda... but this is transparently obvious to everyone... but unfortunately it sounds like you are coming from the great majority of people who think that word "conspiracy" is somehow bad, or a stigma... of course this whole approach is exactly what was promoted and programmed into society by the mainstream media, backed by deep state forces... precisely to blind people to actual conspiracies...

Conspiracies simply mean to me, that two or more people are doing something (with negative connotations) behind my back, with this definition, the world is drowning in conspiracies, they are important... in fact they are so important the MSM switched tactics and is now using their tried and proven method of flooding the alternative media with weapons of MASS MISINFORMATION... from the ex NASA employee who started the Flat Earth fake conspiracy (God who on earth would have believed that would ever fly...) to the fake Stanley Kubrick interview with a Kubrick lookalike, right at the height of public interest in Jay Weidner's work (btw... anyone see a connection there?... hmm? hmm?... ) But this stuff is just pure MSM propaganda, I wouldn't even give it dignify it by using the word "conspiracy"... I would just call it pure deep state MSM driven propaganda... using a lot of dumb, flaky left wing nutjobs as the fodder, for their cover...

Sorry it just pains me that people so misinterpret, abuse, exaggerate, confuse, politicize, etc, etc. ad nauseum... such a simple word... this isn't an attack on you... it's on this very important but battered and abused and mistreated word... peace...
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

BMJ (15th April 2018), dynamo (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (18th November 2018), raregem (19th November 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by sigma6 (here)
    I find it a bit bizarre the way you are trying to associate the word "conspiracy" with the government's propaganda... which, yes is using, what could be considered a "conspiracy" to promote their agenda... but this is transparently obvious to everyone... but unfortunately it sounds like you are coming from the great majority of people who think that word "conspiracy" is somehow bad, or a stigma... of course this whole approach is exactly what was promoted and programmed into society by the mainstream media, backed by deep state forces... precisely to blind people to actual conspiracies...

Conspiracies simply mean to me, that two or more people are doing something (with negative connotations) behind my back, with this definition, the world is drowning in conspiracies, they are important... in fact they are so important the MSM switched tactics and is now using their tried and proven method of flooding the alternative media with weapons of MASS MISINFORMATION... from the ex NASA employee who started the Flat Earth fake conspiracy (God who on earth would have believed that would ever fly...) to the fake Stanley Kubrick interview with a Kubrick lookalike, right at the height of public interest in Jay Weidner's work (btw... anyone see a connection there?... hmm? hmm?... ) But this stuff is just pure MSM propaganda, I wouldn't even give it dignify it by using the word "conspiracy"... I would just call it pure deep state MSM driven propaganda... using a lot of dumb, flaky left wing nutjobs as the fodder, for their cover...

Sorry it just pains me that people so misinterpret, abuse, exaggerate, confuse, politicize, etc, etc. ad nauseum... such a simple word... this isn't an attack on you... it's on this very important but battered and abused and mistreated word... peace...
    Thanks Sigma6.
    First off, not sure if your comments are directed at me, if so, "I" am not associating anything with anything; the article writer is.
    I merely c/p the article to Avalon.
    [EDIT] in reading your reply further, I do not believe you are addressing me but the article itself...OK...

Secondly, it is not "transparently obvious to everyone', as you stated.
    If it were, there would be riots in the streets.
    Unfortunately, most people in the world trust that their government has the peoples' best interest in mind.

I don't believe the article is "MSM propaganda" but a real effort (tongue in cheek and sarcastic, of course, but real) to bring to light the fact that many have been pegged as conspiracy theorists, to be pigeon-holed and harassed by gov't minions when speaking up about anything that is not in line with gov't agendas.

If more people were aware of this fact, as stated in the OP...
    Quote ...no matter who they vote for they get the same exploitative neoliberal policies at home and the same murderous neoconservative policies abroad, which doesn’t do much to dispel those wacky notions about a permanent unelected government pulling the strings while the official elected government puts on a pretend democracy show every few years.
    perhaps life on this planet would begin to be more pleasant for all sentient beings.

Peace and please do carry on...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

BMJ (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2018), Nan (20th November 2018), raregem (19th November 2018), sigma6 (15th April 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,730 times in 2,903 posts

Quote Posted by dynamo (here)
    Unfortunately, most people in the world trust that their government has the peoples' best interest in mind.
    Fair enough... but I still don't think this is literal... hell most people don't even trust their neighbours, or have faith in a higher being (Creative Force)... how the hell do they have 'faith' in something a subjective and fictional as "the government"?... if anything that would be in fact a form of a repression, a fear of acknowledging what they actually DO KNOW... in their hearts... to be true... but I guess for whatever reason... don't have the philosophical fortitude to realize the monumental error in how they are dealing with this... denial and repression will never result in positive outcomes, and only the truth and/or the pursuit of truth will set us free... but somehow they have got themselves into believing hiding from truth, reality, the logical result of their own analytical thinking is "too scary"... (this is cowardice...)

But if there is anything unfortunate in all this... it is that MSM media, et al, etc, etc has blinded people to such simple truths... and without simple moral foundations (which have been removed and replaced with putrid "political correctness") the people have literally had their moral foundation cut out from beneath them, like having a foot cut off at the ankle... they are psychologically hobbled by a desire not to offend homosexuals, or black people, or fearful of not having the correct 'emotional response' to some perverted social issue (who cares! if you are ignorant on a subject matter just say so, and get yourself back to truth!... Lol... or being identified with Republicans... or God forbid, Democrats!... lol... i.e. What you call "them not knowing" I believe is self induced... sorry, in my book they don't get off the hook, karma is karma... willful ignorance is the norm... illogicality supporting more illogicality... all out of fear and denial...

perhaps this is the real 'swamp' that needs to be drained...

Anyhow... to be honest my biggest concern was the context in which you were using the word "conspiracy" ... it might give people the wrong impression... and a negative connotation... this is a word we need to embrace and get very comfortable with... cause it's not going away... we now need to learn how to discern the real conspiracies... from the crap the MSM is now trying to dump into the the alternative news channels...
    Last edited by sigma6; 15th April 2018 at 16:12.
    We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time
    By faith we understand things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sigma6 For This Post:

BMJ (15th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2018), Nan (20th November 2018), raregem (19th November 2018), Valerie Villars (17th November 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Well one judge has figured out a way. Lock anyone who expresses doubt about a story or happening in a federal mental health facility:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...-facility.html

Quote Woman who called Texas shooting a hoax committed to facility
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 12:24 EST, 16 November 2018 | UPDATED: 13:04 EST, 16 November 2018

SUTHERLAND SPRINGS, Texas (AP) - A judge has committed a 56-year-old woman to a psychiatric facility after she and her boyfriend told a Texas church where a gunman killed more than two-dozen worshippers that the massacre was a hoax.

The San Antonio Express-News reports that U.S. District Judge Richard Farrer on Tuesday ordered that Jodie Mann be committed to a federal prison for mental health treatment. Court records indicate Mann also goes by the name "Conspiracy Granny."

Mann has already spent some months under mental evaluation after she and Robert Ussery in March confronted the pastor at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs , east of San Antonio.

The two face a variety of charges.

Authorities say the man who opened fire at the church last November died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound .
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 17th November 2018 at 20:52.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Joe (17th November 2018), Matthew (19th November 2018), pueblo (19th November 2018), raregem (19th November 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,389 times in 1,715 posts

Three words for the government of every country to learn and apply:

Independent

Ombudsman &

Auditors
    Last edited by BMJ; 19th November 2018 at 12:56.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BMJ For This Post:

pueblo (19th November 2018), raregem (19th November 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Well one judge has figured out a way. Lock anyone who expresses doubt about a story or happening in a federal mental health facility:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap...-facility.html
    I can't choose whether to cry or facepalm!
    Sounds like she has a history though.
    My grandma told my little brother that the dinosaur bones were put there by people (lol) he never believed that though. I'm glad no one locked up my grandma...

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Kryztian (19th November 2018), raregem (19th November 2018), Valerie Villars (19th November 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks

I believe our forefathers made it clear... the only answer is to water the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots...
    a sad and painful truth.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tree Of Life For This Post:

Kryztian (19th November 2018), raregem (19th November 2018), Valerie Villars (19th November 2018)

+ Reply to Thread