+ Reply to Thread

Thread: On the Highway To Speech Licensing... You Know, Like AMA, APA, FDA, Etc...

1. Link to Post #1
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,889 times in 15,481 posts

Default On the Highway To Speech Licensing... You Know, Like AMA, APA, FDA, Etc...

Astonishing California bill would shut down free speech, require fact-checkers

by Jon Rappoport
    April 9, 2018

California used to be trumpeted as the cutting edge of American culture.

It still is, except the culture is now all about censoring free speech.

California Senator Richard Pan, who was behind the infamous 2015 law mandating vaccinations for schoolchildren (SB277), has stepped up to the plate and introduced another bill.

This one would clamp down on criticism of ANY Official Story.

The bill is titled “SB1424 Internet: social media: false information: strategic plan.”

It targets social media based in California. But as you read the bill, you see it appears to define social media as any Internet blog, website, or communication.

SB1424 is brief. Read it:
    This bill would require any person who operates a social media, as defined, Internet Web site with a physical presence in California to develop a strategic plan to verify news stories shared on its Web site. The bill would require the plan to include, among other things, a plan to mitigate the spread of false information through news stories, the utilization of fact-checkers to verify news stories, providing outreach to social media users, and placing a warning on a news story containing false information.

(a) Any person who operates a social media Internet Web site with physical presence in California shall develop a strategic plan to verify news stories shared on its Internet Web site.

(b) The strategic plan shall include, but is not limited to, all of the following:
    (1) A plan to mitigate the spread of false information through news stories.

(2) The utilization of fact-checkers to verify news stories.

(3) Providing outreach to social media users regarding news stories containing false information.

(4) Placing a warning on a news story containing false information.
    (c) As used in this section, “social media” means an electronic service or account, or electronic content, including, but not limited to, videos, still photographs, blogs, video blogs, podcasts, instant and text messages, email, online services or accounts, or Internet Web site profiles or locations.

Getting the picture?

It’s a free speech killer.

If it passes, agencies of the California government will develop numerous regulations for enforcement, including penalties for “speech criminals.”

Saying this bill violates the 1st Amendment of the Constitution is a vast understatement.

The last time I looked, the Founders mentioned nothing about fact checkers or warnings attached to speech.
    “Open borders and a flood of immigration into California are destructive to—wait. My statement has been precluded by warnings and fact-checker overrides…”
    Or:
    “VACCINES ARE DANGEROUS. Ahem, I am making a debatable assertion and I must warn you that official experts strenuously disagree with me, and furthermore, the California Fact Checkers United, a division of Merck-Snopes Thought Police, has determined that my assertion is groundless and harmful to children’s health…”
    There needs to be a relentless tsunami of protest in California over this Orwellian bill. I know of a number of Internet news operations in the state. They must jump in and lead the way.

In case you believe there are too many websites and blogs based in California to enforce a new draconian law, let me explain how the game works. Behind closed doors, the state government would decide to focus on a few big issues. For example, gun control, vaccines, and immigration. Enforcement agencies would go after the biggest Internet operations expressing politically unacceptable points of view on those subjects. At first. A spread of smaller operations would feel the heat later.

So-called fact checkers would come from government supported groups who agree with Official Positions. In other words, they wouldn’t be fact checkers at all. They would be prime news fakers.

When it comes to the issue of vaccines, for example, they would cite the notoriously biased “experts” at the Centers for Disease Control, never mentioning that the CDC buys and sells $4 billion of vaccines a year.

If, 10 or 15 years ago, someone told you a bill like SB1424 was going to come before a state legislature for a vote, you would have thought you were listening to a Hollywood pitch for a sci-fi movie script.

But now it’s real.

It’s here. Believe it.

CRUSH IT.

Jon Rappoport
    "La réalité est un ręve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), avid (10th April 2018), Axman (9th April 2018), ceetee9 (9th April 2018), Daughter of Time (9th April 2018), DNA (10th April 2018), enigma3 (9th April 2018), Ewan (9th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (9th April 2018), Franny (10th April 2018), geofffxdwg (9th April 2018), Ivanhoe (10th April 2018), justntime2learn (9th April 2018), meeradas (13th April 2018), Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), Mike (9th April 2018), Nasu (11th April 2018), norman (10th April 2018), Omni (10th April 2018), onawah (9th April 2018), Sophocles (10th April 2018), Tintin (9th April 2018), toppy (10th April 2018), wnlight (9th April 2018), yelik (10th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,540 times in 740 posts

Default Astonishing California bill would shut down free speech, require fact-checkers

This is unbelievable!

California Senator Richard Pan has introduced a bill titled "SB1424 Internet: social media: false information: strategic plan" that, if passed, would essentially censor free speech coming from any California-based social-media website.

Apparently, this "representative of the people" (and I use that phrase with tongue firmly in cheek) doesn't seem to understand (or care) that not even scientists, doctors, lawyers, economists, Congressmen, etc. agree on everything so I wonder which (paid-off and/or politically-motivated) "authority" and/or "fact-checker" will be deemed "God" to determine what IS "factual/true" and what IS NOT.

The following is an excerpt on the bill from Jon Rappoport's article Astonishing California bill would shut down free speech, require fact-checkers:

SB1424 is brief. Read it:

This bill would require any person who operates a social media, as defined, Internet Web site with a physical presence in California to develop a strategic plan to verify news stories shared on its Web site. The bill would require the plan to include, among other things, a plan to mitigate the spread of false information through news stories, the utilization of fact-checkers to verify news stories, providing outreach to social media users, and placing a warning on a news story containing false information.

(a) Any person who operates a social media Internet Web site with physical presence in California shall develop a strategic plan to verify news stories shared on its Internet Web site.

(b) The strategic plan shall include, but is not limited to, all of the following:

(3) Providing outreach to social media users regarding news stories containing false information.

(c) As used in this section, “social media” means an electronic service or account, or electronic content, including, but not limited to, videos, still photographs, blogs, video blogs, podcasts, instant and text messages, email, online services or accounts, or Internet Web site profiles or locations.

I hope there are sufficient numbers of Californians/Liberals/"Progressives" who haven't completely lost their mind and will call or write their representatives to kill this dumbass' bill.

We knew this slippery slope was coming. It's time to step up to the plate and put an end to this insanity.

@Herve: Sorry Herve, I did run a check to see if anyone had posted this article yet and it came up with nothing (probably because I used Jon's article title and you used your own).
    Last edited by ceetee9; 9th April 2018 at 18:35.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), Ewan (9th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (9th April 2018), geofffxdwg (9th April 2018), Hervé (10th April 2018), KiwiElf (9th April 2018), Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), Nasu (11th April 2018), Omni (10th April 2018), onawah (9th April 2018), Sophocles (10th April 2018), toppy (10th April 2018), wnlight (9th April 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 456,560 times in 32,726 posts

Default Re: Astonishing California bill would shut down free speech, require fact-checkers

I wonder what a "Web site with a physical presence in California" (or anywhere else!) means?

The registered address on WHOIS? The office of the hosting provider? The location of the server? The office or home of the principal contributor (if there is just one)? That's a serious question.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), avid (10th April 2018), ceetee9 (9th April 2018), Ewan (9th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (9th April 2018), geofffxdwg (9th April 2018), Hervé (9th April 2018), Ivanhoe (10th April 2018), justntime2learn (12th April 2018), Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), Nasu (11th April 2018), Omni (10th April 2018), onawah (9th April 2018), Sophocles (10th April 2018), toppy (10th April 2018), wnlight (9th April 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

Default Re: On the Highway To Speech Licensing... You Know, Like AMA, APA, FDA, Etc...

I merged the thread : "Astonishing California bill would shut down free speech, require fact-checkers" with this pre-existing one on this very subject.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    I wonder what a "Web site with a physical presence in California" (or anywhere else!) means?

[...]
    It seems to scream "Alex Jones", and the likes of "Jeff Rense"... whatever the criterion/criteria is/are chosen for the "physical presence" (probably very fluid).
    Last edited by Hervé; 9th April 2018 at 18:38.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), avid (10th April 2018), Bill Ryan (11th April 2018), ceetee9 (9th April 2018), Ewan (9th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (9th April 2018), geofffxdwg (9th April 2018), justntime2learn (12th April 2018), Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), Nasu (11th April 2018), onawah (9th April 2018), Sophocles (10th April 2018), toppy (10th April 2018), wnlight (9th April 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 115,974 times in 20,621 posts

Default Re: On the Highway To Speech Licensing... You Know, Like AMA, APA, FDA, Etc...

I posted that info from Rappaport and Heckenlively too on the David Icke thread about media censorship here: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1218880
    But I think it's appropriate for this to have it's own thread!
    Each breath a gift...

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), avid (10th April 2018), Bill Ryan (11th April 2018), ceetee9 (9th April 2018), Ewan (9th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (9th April 2018), Hervé (9th April 2018), justntime2learn (12th April 2018), Michelle Marie (9th April 2018), toppy (10th April 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,097 times in 2,584 posts

I'm wondering of some of the loose cannon politicians have gone stark raving mad, or what?!?

Our Governor of Oregon thinks she can pass a law regarding gun control that violates the Constitution.

I say, these laws are null and void. I propose we put those unfit to govern in places they belong. Remove them at once!

Violations of free speech fall into this category, too.

The Constitution of the United States
    The Supremacy Law
    Article VI, clause 2

https://legaldictionary.net/supremacy-clause/

Gun Control discussion
    https://www.expertlaw.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224291
    An unconstitutional law is unconstitutional at its inception.

Crazy Oregon governor Kate Brown
    https://fellowshipoftheminds.com/201...-control-bill/

The Supremecy Law states that any law that is passed that is unconstitutional is null and void at its inception.

Maybe they didn't get the memo that the dumbing down, mind control, social programming, herd mentality from the "Parrotives" did not work. Please let them know!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	37546

Only a small percentage of the population is required to put things back to right.

We have no fear.
    We are armed with Truth.

Yes, Jon....CRUSH IT!
    (All unconstitutional laws.)

MM

I'm aware of my part...I have some writing to do.
    Last edited by Michelle Marie; 9th April 2018 at 18:44.
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), avid (10th April 2018), Bill Ryan (11th April 2018), ceetee9 (9th April 2018), Ewan (9th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (9th April 2018), Hervé (9th April 2018), justntime2learn (12th April 2018), onawah (9th April 2018), ThePythonicCow (9th April 2018), toppy (10th April 2018), wnlight (9th April 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,350 times in 21,475 posts

Default Re: Astonishing California bill would shut down free speech, require fact-checkers

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

The registered address on WHOIS? The office of the hosting provider? The location of the server? The office or home of the principal contributor (if there is just one)? That's a serious question.
    I don't know, Bill, what determines whether a website has a presence in California. So far as I know, that's not a simple, well decided question. Rather it is one of the ambiguities that lawyers for and against the globalist plans of the elite will leverage to gain advantage for their position.
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), avid (10th April 2018), Bill Ryan (11th April 2018), ceetee9 (9th April 2018), Ewan (9th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th April 2018), justntime2learn (12th April 2018), Nasu (11th April 2018), toppy (10th April 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Great Britain Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,647 times in 1,188 posts

With so much fake news being deliberately spread by all and sundry who actually knows the real facts? As outlined by Richard Dolan recently where fake news / extremism is being used to censor and shut down free speech from all sources.

Because the elites/ secret societies and their think tanks leave hardly any forensics and control most of the important knowledge and critical information how can anyone be sure. In a society of lies, truth is considered treason.

What is evident is that the Elite few have many minions deeply embedded within society and Establishment to guide these control and conquer agendas
    Last edited by yelik; 10th April 2018 at 12:22.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to yelik For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), Bill Ryan (11th April 2018), ceetee9 (10th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th April 2018), Hervé (10th April 2018), Nasu (11th April 2018), Omni (10th April 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), avid (10th April 2018), Bill Ryan (11th April 2018), Bob (10th April 2018), ceetee9 (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (10th April 2018), justntime2learn (12th April 2018), onawah (11th April 2018), ThePythonicCow (11th April 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks

... wait...

Look at this (from Jim Stone):

Why rip California for producing legislation against "fake news"

... when Russia is doing the exact same thing?

People are all freaked out over a California bill introduced by California senator Richard Pan, which would force any web site in California to run all news stories through state "fact checkers" before it would be allowed to be published.

The bill reads like this:
    THE PEOPLE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA DO ENACT AS FOLLOWS:
    SECTION 1.

Title 14.5 (commencing with Section 3085) is added to Part 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code, to read:
    TITLE 14.5. False Information Strategic Plans

Compare that with this RT report, about what Russia is going to do in Russia: (the RT link above)

Russian MPs have prepared a bill that could allow state agencies to block messengers and social networks that refuse to delete fake news. The legislation would also make users personally responsible for spreading such material.

The draft bill, prepared by lawmakers from the United Russia party and published on the government's website for discussion, imposes obligations on social networks and communications sites that attract over 100, 000 users a day.

These would be required to delete or otherwise prevent public access to data that
    "openly propagates war, incites ethnic, racial or religious strife or any other information that is forbidden for distribution by the law."
    The order to delete or block false information can come from a court or from a state agency with appropriate authority, such as the state internet watchdog Roskomnadzor, the Prosecutor General's Office or the Federal Tax Service.

The previous edition of the bill merely provided for fines where organizations refused to delete such information. The draft legislation also orders all foreign owners of "public networks" to register branches or representation offices of their companies in Russia, install special user counters, provided by Roskomnadzor, and identify all users by requiring registration using mobile phone numbers.

[Jim's] comment: So Google, Faceplant, and others who employ "fact checkers" already are in lock step with California, which also appears to be on the same boat as Russia. If Russia had nothing to fear, why on earth would they be cracking down on social media just like organizations in the United States that anyone with common sense would call communist?

China is doing it. Russia is going to be doing it. An effort is underway in California to do it, and Twitter, Google, Facebook and more already do it.

What do all have in common?

Either a history of communism, or strong communist behavior.

I occasionally pop this question:
    Is communist Russia really dead?
    Reports like this, proudly published in, of all places, RT, make me question it.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), Bill Ryan (11th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th April 2018), justntime2learn (12th April 2018), Nasu (11th April 2018), Omni (10th April 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)

... wait...

Look at this (from Jim Stone):

[FONT=arial]Why rip California for producing legislation against "fake news"

... when Russia is doing the exact same thing?

People are all freaked out over a California bill introduced by California senator Richard Pan, which would force any web site in California to run all news stories through state "fact checkers" before it would be allowed to be published.
    The difference being, I do not live in Russia and have no real ability to get them to change their evil ways--not that I believe I have any real ability to get our government or socialist corporations to change their evil ways, but at least I can still try.

However, I'm beginning to think that this may be an orchestrated effort by the Globalists behind the scenes who control world governments to rein in any type of dissent (aka Fake News) before they confiscate the guns and begin the "reprogramming" and extermination process.
    Maybe this is the "BOOM" 'Q' keeps talking about...
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th April 2018), Bill Ryan (11th April 2018), Bob (10th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th April 2018), Hervé (10th April 2018), yelik (11th April 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

They don’t call it Commiefornia for nothing.

The US Supreme Court would destroy this law.

24. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Here's Lionel's take on Richard Pan's SB1424 Bill and the slippery slope we appear to be embarking on...

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (13th April 2018), Hervé (13th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread