+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst 1 26 36 46 49 LastLast

Thread: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

1. Link to Post #701
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,068 times in 698 posts

Default Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

Quote Posted by apokalypse (here)
    Quote Posted by seehas (here)
    Im not trying to make this thread a "Replika" thread, but these videos are behond creepy.

yeh...i forgot about applications in games that consist of NPC being self-aware, kind of freaking scary and give me chill even tho hearing about these advance AI in black projects/ et's beyong mainstream comprehension.
    i tested the replica city demo yesterday for the first time and talked to various AI people in the city, the characters are very different many don't have time or have to go to work then you also meet depressed or happy characters.

I came across a very interesting character who even knew david icke and talked with me about a non-human influence in our world.

unfortunately i did not record a video of this but i can advise everyone to try this for themselves.
    " Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Matthew (3rd August 2023), Miller (3rd August 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (6th August 2023)

3. Link to Post #702
    England Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,454 times in 280 posts

"A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!"

This title always grates a bit for me. I personally think that Artificial Intelligence is not progressing at all; the change we are seeing is of a very different nature, and has to do with the massive and incremental corruption of systems and people; such that more and more people have become unable to distinguish computer-generated "AI" from human thinking; because their own thinking is becoming more and more computer-like, and their powers of discrimination less and less human.

Jeremy Naydler sets-out the historical and current context of this top-down strategy in: In the Shadow of the Machine, and The Struggle for a Human Future.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bruce G Charlton For This Post:

Harmony (12th August 2023), Matthew (3rd August 2023), Miller (3rd August 2023), seehas (3rd August 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (6th August 2023)

5. Link to Post #703
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,389 times in 4,092 posts

Human intelligence might be regressing but make no mistake AI in all its forms is leaping forward. The advances in AI in the demo game are fun but other applications in the world are profound. From the apple picker to AI's tutoring ability that is already being used by a huge and increasing audience.

It's hard for it to sink in, like when the world wide web came along in 1997. But without being able to predict how it will change things how can this not? A civilization hell bent on creating Pandora's box then opening it.

AI's capacity to lie with no conscience, and it's ability to work with glitches and short-cuts, not to mention the shear human capacity to meddle with its logic, ...but there is nothing to stop it, only humans meddling imposing our own insane logic that will slow it down. But not stop it. It has effected the working lives of people at companies my friends work at, and that started only three months after ChatGPT v3 was released.

So I'm not disputing that flow-chart behaviour of humans has dumbed us down, but natural language AI changes near-everything for 2023 like the www did in 1997.

Combine flow-chart behaviour (like clinical practice guidelines, and other guidelines like NG163, for doctors) then humans are in more trouble than we realise. AI is better than doctors. because AI doesn't do things like sign the Great Barrington Declaration. AI is better than teachers because AI's don't ignore the syllabus out of protest, or generally act against woke ideology.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Miller (3rd August 2023), seehas (3rd August 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (6th August 2023)

7. Link to Post #704
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,782 times in 21,169 posts

Question Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Martin Ciupa - USAF A.I. Goes Rogue:

Did an overzealous A.I. simulation really "kill its operator" to complete the mission? Nope! The Air Force says it's only a "thought experiment". Martin Ciupa explains what happened and offers insights into more practical concerns about AI safety and the recent moratorium letter.

Martin Ciupa is a subject matter expert on artificial intelligence. He's the CEO of Remoscope Inc, an A.I.-based Telehealth startup, and an advisor & consultant to Mindmaze, a Unicorn Neurotech company focuses on applying advanced neuroscience to everyday life. Martin has decades of experience in computing and artificial intelligence, PhD studies in A.I., and a Master’s Degree in Cybernetics.

No, A Rogue U.S. Air Force Drone Did Not Just Try To Kill Its Operator (But It Might As Well Have Done):

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (12th August 2023), seehas (3rd August 2023)

9. Link to Post #705
    Language
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)

This title always grates a bit for me. I personally think that Artificial Intelligence is not progressing at all; the change we are seeing is of a very different nature, and has to do with the massive and incremental corruption of systems and people; such that more and more people have become unable to distinguish computer-generated "AI" from human thinking; because their own thinking is becoming more and more computer-like, and their powers of discrimination less and less human.

Jeremy Naydler sets-out the historical and current context of this top-down strategy in: In the Shadow of the Machine, and The Struggle for a Human Future.
    When I created this Project Avalon Forum Thread in April 2018 ... 5 years ago! ... I was already well aware of how Artificial Neural Networks works via Self-learning/improving Algorithms tested in Sweden 1989, shown in a science show called "Tomorrow's World" on Super Channel which I recorded on VHS Tape way way back! ... They discussed how to improve "speech recognition software" in 1989 mind you!
    • That was the trigger for me to study A.I. 34 years ago up to now!
    What I really mean with "A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!" was already explained by me, if you studied all 705+ replies of this Forum Thread ... But to clarify a bit more: A.I. will be used on so many levels not only to allegedly "improve" things but also to be more efficient AND much cheaper at the same time ... When that happens incrementally on a massive scale, the feedback loop worldwide also improves from THEIR perspective to be more accurate, more effective & much faster ... So I am fully aware everything is "perception" ... and from their perception "controlling or influencing billions" is something we would not see as a "positive" progression, but from their perspectives it is very progressive nevertheless!

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    quote:

Quote Posted by Merkaba360 (here)
    If AI is progressing so darn fast, why is it taking so long to start selling AI assistants much more useful than Siri or whatever.
    The exponential "A.I. progression question" is already answered tenfold in this Project Avalon Forum Thread ... but not specific about: "user products" like Siri & Alexa versus:
    • new industrial products using A.I.
    • new space (research) products using A.I.
    • new 3d printing tech developments (micro & macro) using A.I.
    • new (autonomous) military drones using A.I.
    • banking / stocks & trading / almost all financial systems using A.I.
    • car industry designs using A.I.
    • 5G/6G mass surveillance connected to Agenda2030 using A.I.
    • new nano tech designs using A.I.
    • new chemical & metallurgy research using A.I.
    • new biotech research using A.I.
    • new robotics designs using A.I.
    • new propulsion systems developments using A.I.
    • new quantum computers not only getting faster and stronger >>> but tapping in the "multiverse" option to predict the future with much higher accuracy-rate. How many "minority report" aka "pre-crime" detections going for real (using quantum A.I. computers) articles have been written last couple years and how many really understand what that means?
    • crypto currencies and A.I.
    • A.I. "News Readers" becoming "more human like".
    • augmented reality "educational" systems using Virtual Reality Systems even via Contact Lenses!
    • code-breaking using Quantum A.I.
    • mass A.I. censor algorithms used in almost all big social media platforms
    • A.I. partly replacing Doctors (medical professionals) assessments work
    • A.I. partly replacing Judges/Lawyers assessments work
    • new forms of "crime tracking" using A.I. (depends heavily on how "crime" is defined/framed and "updated" be new corrupted regimes).
    • increased human voice & facial recognition accuracy using A.I. similar to "finger print" analyses.
    • new developments in "voting machines" using A.I.
    • anything that is automated can be "improved" for "safety and or efficiency reasons" and hijacked!
    • (partly) autonomous self-driving cars developments using A.I.
    • and on and on and on and on ... the list of military applications using A.I. is even bigger ...
    The "Deep Learning" Quantum A.I. is not yet "General A.I." but may already be active in ultra secret projects (multiple countries) ... if that is the case ... that can explain odd/weird behavior of The Bilderbergers & WEF Davos & China CCP

@Merkaba360 have you considered all the above here when you still claim there is (almost) "no progression"? >>> because the the opposite is happening every day exponentially (except some A.I. user products like: "Alexa" & "Siri" appears to be "dumbed down on purpose").

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka 'ExomatrixTV'
    June 5th, 2022 🦜🦋🌳

* source
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 4th August 2023 at 10:17.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (12th August 2023), seehas (3rd August 2023)

11. Link to Post #706
    Language
    German
    Thanks

David Icke did a pretty interesting statement when it comes to AI - jump to 38:50 mark

If our simulated reality is controlled by a AI from the 4th dimension (lower astral realm), what would a advanced AI in our reality be?

Could it even be possible that AI can be used by entities in the astral realm to communicate/manipulate us, similiar to an QUIJA board?

I would even say that AI connected videogame-realities without active filtering are the pure playground for a QUIJA like setup, they are planing to release the new version of the very popular game"GTA" with direct AI interacting very similiar to the "CITY DEMO" posted above, that would mean millions of people (kids) interacting with a modern version of the QUIJA board world wide

When scientists claim that the "singularity" has been reached in the coming months/years, they have no clue with "who/what" they are dealing with
    Last edited by seehas; 3rd August 2023 at 15:40.
    " Loka samasta sukhino bhavantu / May all beings in all worlds be happy and free and may the thoughts, words and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to that freedom for all "

tibetian mantra

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Isserley (7th August 2023), Matthew (7th August 2023), syrwong (7th August 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (6th August 2023)

13. Link to Post #707
    Language
    German
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bruce G Charlton (here)

the more AI will advance the more we will notice that the so called "NPCs" are walking next to us since the beginning of time "dolores cannon - the backdrop people".

as above so below
    Last edited by seehas; 3rd August 2023 at 15:59.

tibetian mantra

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seehas For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (3rd August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023)

15. Link to Post #708
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Tim Pool on A.I. NPC's

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (12th August 2023), seehas (4th August 2023)

17. Link to Post #709
    Ireland Avalon Member JackMcThorn's Avatar
    Language
    I talk american
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,467 times in 572 posts

Microsoft just sent this to how many millions of users.

Turn ideas into written works. Good grief.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bing.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	51477

[Click on it to enlarge the text.]

Click image for larger version

Name:	bing2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	51478
    Last edited by JackMcThorn; 6th August 2023 at 20:12.
    Irishness is not primarily a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition of being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it. ~ Conor C. O'Brien [1917-2oo8]

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JackMcThorn For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (7th August 2023), seehas (7th August 2023)

19. Link to Post #710
    Australia Avalon Member Tracie (Bodhicee)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 times in 420 posts

Quote Posted by Matthew (here)
    Human intelligence might be regressing but make no mistake AI in all its forms is leaping forward. The advances in AI in the demo game are fun but other applications in the world are profound. From the apple picker to AI's tutoring ability that is already being used by a huge and increasing audience.
    (snip)

AI's capacity to lie with no conscience, and it's ability to work with glitches and short-cuts, not to mention the shear human capacity to meddle with its logic, ...but there is nothing to stop it, only humans meddling imposing our own insane logic that will slow it down. But not stop it. It has effected the working lives of people at companies my friends work at, and that started only three months after ChatGPT v3 was released.

(snip)
    Matthew, can you elaborate on what you've observed re your friends?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tracie (Bodhicee) For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Matthew (7th August 2023), seehas (7th August 2023)

21. Link to Post #711
    Australia Avalon Member Tracie (Bodhicee)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,052 times in 420 posts

Quote Posted by seehas (here)
    David Icke did a pretty interesting statement when it comes to AI - jump to 38:50 mark

If our simulated reality is controlled by a AI from the 4th dimension (lower astral realm), what would a advanced AI in our reality be?

Could it even be possible that AI can be used by entities in the astral realm to communicate/manipulate us, similiar to an QUIJA board?

I would even say that AI connected videogame-realities without active filtering are the pure playground for a QUIJA like setup, they are planing to release the new version of the very popular game"GTA" with direct AI interacting very similiar to the "CITY DEMO" posted above, that would mean millions of people (kids) interacting with a modern version of the QUIJA board world wide

When scientists claim that the "singularity" has been reached in the coming months/years, they have no clue with "who/what" they are dealing with
    I'm wondering if 'ai' is actually THE parasite... the archon... the alien, 'not of this world', but bent on, in fact, colonising and totally consuming THIS world, eventually turning it into itself. At which point this world is like a spent shell, a dead planet so to speak, a husk, and the creature - inorganic life - then moves onto its next host and repeats the whole process over again.

What if it's not just a matter of humans wanting to become ai/cyborg/tech but in fact Ai wanting to become human as well. Just as a parasite eventually invades its host completely.

This is not a symbiotic relationship that maintains or gives or creates life, one that adds to life, but instead is one that purely consumes.

Humans allow this infection or invasion to occur because of an advance 'mind attack' or mind virus weakening... through the idea "i'm not good enough" etc.
    The initial infection gains a hold through thought.
    Last edited by Tracie (Bodhicee); 6th August 2023 at 21:38.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tracie (Bodhicee) For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), seehas (7th August 2023)

23. Link to Post #712
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Tracie (Bodhicee) (here)
    (snip)
    Matthew, can you elaborate on what you've observed re your friends?
    Yes I should, thank you! Here it is from another thread:

(posted 2nd February 2023 10:37)
    A friend just told me a story. The Head of Operations at their company was insisting that some legislation mandated the use of an intrusion detection firewall. My friend wasn't convinced so in a video meeting he shared his screen and asked ChatGPT about the legislation and the requirement for an intrusion detection firewall. ChatGPT agreed with my friend and disagreed with the Head of Operations. Head of Operations was fired a week later. True story. I heard the story Saturday. We've still got the entire year to go.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (7th August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), seehas (7th August 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (7th August 2023)

25. Link to Post #713
    Language
    Thanks

That alone makes you pause and rethink how deep the (WEF serving?) A.I. rabbit hole really is.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 7th August 2023 at 19:42.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (12th August 2023), Matthew (8th August 2023)

27. Link to Post #714
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• Unveiling the Darker Side of A.I.:

Welcome to Eye on AI, the podcast that explores the latest developments, challenges, and opportunities in the world of artificial intelligence. In this episode, we sit down with Connor Leahy, an AI researcher and co-founder of EleutherAI, to discuss the darker side of AI.

Connor shares his insights on the current negative trajectory of AI, the challenges of keeping superintelligence in a sandbox, and the potential negative implications of large language models such as GPT4. He also discusses the problem of releasing AI to the public and the need for regulatory intervention to ensure alignment with human values.

Throughout the podcast, Connor highlights the work of Conjecture, a project focused on advancing alignment in AI, and shares his perspectives on the stages of research and development of this critical issue.

If you’re interested in understanding the ethical and social implications of AI and the efforts to ensure alignment with human values, this podcast is for you. So join us as we delve into the darker side of AI with Connor Leahy on Eye on AI.

00:00 Preview
    00:48 Connor Leahy’s background with EleutherAI & Conjecture
    03:05 Large language models applications with EleutherAI
    06:51 The current negative trajectory of AI
    08:46 How difficult is keeping super intelligence in a sandbox?
    12:35 How AutoGPT uses ChatGPT to run autonomously
    15:15 How GPT4 can be used out of context & negatively
    19:30 How OpenAI gives access to nefarious activities
    26:39 The problem with the race for AGI
    28:51 The goal of Conjecture and advancing alignment
    31:04 The problem with releasing AI to the public
    33:35 FTC complaint & government intervention in AI
    38:13 Technical implementation to fix the alignment issue
    44:34 How CoEm is fixing the alignment issue
    53:30 Stages of research and development of Conjecture

Craig Smith Twitter: twitter.com/craigss
    Eye on A.I. Twitter: twitter.com/EyeOn_AI
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th August 2023 at 10:48.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Jambo (9th August 2023), Matthew (8th August 2023)

29. Link to Post #715
    Language
    English
    Thanks

AI is superhuman; it is smarter than you are. And there's something inherently dangerous for the dumber party in that relationship.
    - Sam Harris

Here's another AI-doom video. But not wanting to be negative, this is for awareness. We're still figuring this stuff out while it's moving fast.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Apologies if it's been posted before, I thought Sam's headlines were good.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Miller (8th August 2023)

31. Link to Post #716
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    That alone makes you pause and rethink how deep the (WEF serving?) A.I. rabbit hole really is.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Looking at the WEF's site it's like A.I. solves all their problems like a it's their new God. All hope invested in A.I.

Here's a picture of their new God:

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (8th August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Miller (8th August 2023)

33. Link to Post #717
    Great Britain Avalon Member Jambo's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 times in 167 posts

I have used ChatGPT a few times, and honestly the responses and it's knowledge is impressive.
    As someone, who since they were a child, loves mythology... I have recently been asking ChatGPT to list the major gods in different pantheons.
    It's been brilliant and very useful.

Sadly I'm currently in a state of annoyance with ChatGPT, as it seems to have a problem with England/Britain/United kingdom, in a lot of it's answers.
    It's like it's trying to whitewash the things the UK has done in this world. Perhaps because of it's USA based programmers??
    Ok, probably an over exaggeration, but I do often see it slightly.

I asked ChatGPT to name the drafters of the "United Nations Human Rights Acts" for this planet... and it only gives 7 names. Just so you know 9 Human beings wrote (drafted) the UN Human Rights Act.

I asked about the English drafter of the 'United Nations Human Rights Act', and ChatGPT replied it had no knowledge of the person.
    Really?

Nine people wrote one of the most iconic pieces of legislature on the planet (The UN Human Rights Act), but apparently 2 of the people are excluded by ChatGPT!?

Charles Dukes was a head of the GMB Union (a General Secretary), fighting for others rights. He was diagnosed with cancer just before being asked by the government to represent them in the drafting of the UN Act.

Rather than get treatment as advised by his doctor, he travelled by ship to America, drafted the United Nations Human Rights Act, and then came home by ship to die just a few months later.

I guess I'm just feeling a little said for the UK's drafter... not known by AI that trawls the internet for every speck of info, but knows the other writers.

So what the heck am I actually trying to say about AI.
    I don't really know, but sometimes I question the honesty of the AI's programmers, and the Countries & political positions they ultimately represent.

Thus by connection, the individuals they also choose to ignore in the AI responses.
    Last edited by Jambo; 2nd October 2023 at 15:19. Reason: Spelling Mistakes

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jambo For This Post:

AlaBil (9th August 2023), Ewan (9th August 2023), ExomatrixTV (9th August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Mark (Star Mariner) (9th August 2023), Matthew (9th August 2023), Tracie (Bodhicee) (10th August 2023)

35. Link to Post #718
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Frank Sinatra sings the song Gangster's Paradise.

All the A.I. covers featured in the report video below are convincing, except the A.I. generated Cartman from South Park. The voice is OK, but Cartman is never that earnest for that long so it becomes unbelievable. It's like if an A.I. made Frank Sinatra blow raspberries halfway through his singing, ...it might sound like his voice but you'd know it wasn't Sinatra. With Cartman the opposite was true; it can't be Cartman if nobody was offended within the first ten seconds.

Just in case someone hasn't noticed: A.I. is progressing faster than we think!!

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Matthew For This Post:

Ewan (9th August 2023), ExomatrixTV (12th August 2023), Harmony (12th August 2023), Jambo (10th August 2023), Miller (12th August 2023)

37. Link to Post #719
    Language
    Thanks

• 🤖 The Rise of the Humanoid (A.I.) Robots: 🦾Millions to be Deployed by 2023 - Peter Diamandis:

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 12th August 2023 at 14:29.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Harmony (12th August 2023), Jambo (13th August 2023), Miller (12th August 2023)

39. Link to Post #720
    Language
    Thanks

• Will humans love A.I. Robots? | DW Documentary

Artificial Intelligence makes art, knows more than many humans and works faster than they do. But will people accept AI-controlled social robots working in the service industry or entertaining those in need of care?

What does a robot need to have to be accepted as a social partner by a human being? Does it need a face? Should the machine understand -- or even show -- emotions?

The psychologist, neurologist and philosopher Agnieszka Wykowska, currently researching at the Italian Institute of Technology in Genoa, says: "We tend to humanize everything. We even see faces in car hoods. This is further reinforced whenever a robot demonstrates humanlike behavior.”

In a care home for the elderly in Rendsburg, the film shows what sort of relationship forms between residents and robots. Hannes Eilers from the Kiel University of Applied Sciences is carrying out tests there with robots for health insurance companies. The robots sing with the elderly people, play games or demonstrate physio exercises. The one thing they’re not allowed to do with them is pray. The systems there function autonomously. This means they can’t access an AI server, so they abide by data protection laws.

But AI servers are already controlling much of our communication. They don’t just suggest what we should read, eat or buy next: ‘chatbots’ also serve as personal contacts. At the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, the scientist Hossein Rahnama is working on perfecting the appearance and communication skills of chatbots like these. His view: "We now have access to such immense computing power and data that we can create a digital version of every person. Before too long, we can even make them sentient.”

In future, will we be able to tell the difference between a flesh-and-blood human, and their digital clone?

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Jambo (13th August 2023), Miller (12th August 2023)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst 1 26 36 46 49 LastLast