+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst 1 38 48

Thread: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

1. Link to Post #941
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 124,906 times in 20,684 posts

Default Re: A.I. is Progressing Faster Than You Think!

• BREAKING NEWS: Jordan Peterson Issues Warning About Govt Surveillance And Future 'Secret' Police:

At today's House Weaponization of the Federal Government hearing, Dr. Jordan Peterson testified about government surveillance and the possible threat of a "secret" police.

Dr. Jordan Peterson highlights concerns about government and corporate collaboration in limiting individual freedom. Peterson discusses China's advanced surveillance system, drawing parallels to the "Skynet" from the Terminator series. The Chinese social credit system is discussed, indicating how it controls citizens' access to various privileges based on their score. Western societies are heading towards increased surveillance, partly due to technological convenience and security concerns. The combination of digital identity, currency, and A.I. systems poses a significant threat to privacy, potentially leading to a surveillance state. Peterson warns about the potential persecution of even potential crimes and the danger of pervasive surveillance.
    • Jordan Peterson: This Is Why I Don't Embrace Government Use Of Facial Recognition

At today's House Weaponization of the Federal Government hearing, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) spoke to witnesses, including Dr. Jordan Peterson, about government surveillance.

cheers,
    John 🦜🦋🌳
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 8th March 2024 at 20:01.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

bojancan (8th March 2024), Carlitos (12th March 2024), Inversion (9th March 2024), Johnnycomelately (12th March 2024), Matthew (11th March 2024), Yoda (12th March 2024)

3. Link to Post #942
    Canada Avalon Member Johnnycomelately's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,510 times in 973 posts

Another side to the fast changing AI industry, the HR part:

CEO says he tried to hire an AI researcher from Meta, and was told to 'come back to me when you have 10,000 H100 GPUs'

Aaron Mok Mar 11, 2024, 12:28 PM MDT

Recruiting AI talent appears to be a tough feat for some companies.

Aravind Srinivas, the founder and CEO of Perplexity, an AI-powered question-and-answer engine, described his interaction with a job candidate that reflects just how hard it can be to hire people with generative AI skills.

"I tried to hire a very senior researcher from Meta, and you know what they said? 'Come back to me when you have 10,000 H100 GPUs'," Srinivas said on a recent episode of the advice podcast "Invest Like The Best."

H100 GPUs refer to Nvidia's highly coveted graphic processing units that tech giants like Meta, OpenAI, and Google use in their data centers to power and train their AI chatbots.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/recr...-ai-ceo-2024-3

At the end of the article, he explains his own great idea, “ While Big Tech companies may employ workers who can create AI models that generate desirable outputs, Srinivas believes that skillset alone isn't enough to make AI tools useful.

"You have to post-train them and address the long tail of issues you get on serving a product," the CEO said.

“Post-training expertise — like knowing how to reduce a chatbot's factual inaccuracies — is an important skill that employees from industries like crypto or e-commerce can quickly learn”, Srinivas said.

Leaning into that skillset, the CEO said, will help AI companies like Perplexity stand out in a sector dominated by Big Tech.

"You have tremendous advantage to create a lot of value," he said about post-training skills. "And we are focused on that."
    Last edited by Johnnycomelately; 12th March 2024 at 09:32. Reason: Fix quotes, still not sure if I got it right

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnnycomelately For This Post:

Carlitos (12th March 2024), ExomatrixTV (13th March 2024), Yoda (12th March 2024)

5. Link to Post #943
    Language
    Thanks

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Yoda (Yesterday)

7. Link to Post #944
    Language
    Thanks

• A.I. Robots Are Rising Up Faster Than Expected… Figure 01 To Enter Labor Force:

Eventually I can have a robot wait in line for me at the unemployment line.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Matthew (17th March 2024), Yoda (Yesterday)

9. Link to Post #945
    Language
    Thanks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Yoda (Yesterday)

11. Link to Post #946
    Language
    Thanks

• Is A.G.I. The End Of The World?

What is p(doom)? Are you an AI doomer? Techno optimist? Let's talk about it!
    Mark Zuckerberg is making those statements about AGI but building a multimillion dollar bunker/fortress.
    Human behavior shows historically that the more power someone gets the more corrupt they become.
    Plot twist: AGI /ASI was already born by accident in around 2014 in the deeps of social media datacentres and we're already in a transitioning phase (somebody remember WEF Agenda 2030? Published in 2015 - first mentions of AI transitioning of society in 2016? Way before GPT-1 - 2018). Social Media algorithms being the proto AI materialising all the stories and dreams of people about AI into reality, being a man-machine feedback loop.
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; Yesterday at 20:26.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Yoda (Yesterday)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst 1 38 48