Thread: Art Bell has died on April 13, 2018. Rest In Peace Mr. Bell

1. Link to Post #21
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,219 times in 21,086 posts

Default Re: Art Bell has died on April 13, 2018. Rest In Peace Mr. Bell

We are profoundly saddened with the news that the creator and original host of Coast to Coast AM, Art Bell, has passed away at the age of 72 at his home in Pahrump, Nevada.

While serving in the US Air Force in the Vietnam War, he indulged his childhood passion for radio by operating a pirate station that played anti-war music otherwise unavailable on official channels broadcast to American servicemen.

Following his time in the service, his love of radio led him to working as a disc jockey for an English-language station in Japan where he set a Guinness World Record for broadcasting an astounding 116 hours straight.

This was no mere radio stunt, however, as it served to raise funds to rescue over 100 Vietnamese orphans left stranded by the conflict in their home country.

Upon returning to the United States, he entered the world of talk radio with an overnight program on KDWN in Las Vegas.

After noticing that episodes covering conspiracy theories and paranormal topics generated considerable interest from listeners, Bell transformed the show from political talk to discussion of these often-verboten realms.

Syndicated nationally in 1993, Coast to Coast AM soon became a juggernaut and bonafide radio phenomenon.
    During the 1990s, when The X-Files had people wondering about the world of high strangeness, Art Bell was the voice of that world, introducing millions of radio listeners to a vast array of paranormal topics and the researchers that studied them.
    Over the course of countless programs throughout the decade and into the 2000s, Art Bell captivated listeners by way of his intellectually-curious and open-minded conversations with guests who were attempting to find answers to the paranormal mysteries which baffle us all.

Although he retired from full-time hosting duties at the end of 2002, Art returned to occasionally helm Coast to Coast AM programs on weekends and later launched his own satellite radio program, Art Bell's Dark Matter, as well as an internet-based endeavor called Midnight in the Desert.

As founder of Coast to Coast AM, his role in crafting and shaping this program can be felt to this day in elements like the iconic phone lines emanating from East of the Rockies, West of the Rockies, and the always-unpredictable Wildcard Line, as well as the annual Ghost to Ghost AM Halloween specials and, of course, C2C's signature opening theme song.

We extend our deepest condolences to Art Bell's family and friends. We celebrate him for his brilliant creation of Coast to Coast AM and the many unforgettable moments he shared with us over the years.

As he begins his journey on the 'Other Side,' we take solace in the hope that he is now finding out all of the answers to the mysteries he pursued for so many nights with all of us.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/artic...ell-1945-2018/
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2018), Bill Ryan (18th April 2018), Cardillac (15th April 2018), Debra (18th April 2018), DNA (18th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (15th April 2018), KiwiElf (18th April 2018), Mike (18th April 2018), Nasu (18th April 2018), sunwings (18th April 2018), Tintin (18th April 2018), Valerie Villars (15th April 2018), we-R-one (15th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,915 times in 4,329 posts

I worked 3rd shift for quite a few years earlier in my life.
    I remember in 2004 I heard this replay interview of Art Bell interviewing John Lear who gave his mock up of a briefing upon which "disclosure" would be decided upon or decided against regarding the relevant information being shared.
    It was quite shocking for me.
    I give John Lear the benefit of the doubt here, as I did then, it completely changed my perspective on disclosure and the entire UFO/Alien phenomenon.
    If what Lear was saying was even remotely true, then I agreed with Lear that human beings could not under any circumstances handle disclosure.
    Even listening to this interview now I shake my head in disbelief at how relevant the information still is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIww04s4IEA

George Knapp broke the story on Bob Lazar, but I'm of the opinion that Lazar would not be nearly so well known now if not for Art Bell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XX7Bsava0

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2018), Debra (18th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2018), Hervé (18th April 2018), KiwiElf (18th April 2018), Mike (18th April 2018), we-R-one (18th April 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,437 times in 32,921 posts

Quote Posted by DNA (here)
    I worked 3rd shift for quite a few years earlier in my life.
    I remember in 2004 I heard this replay interview of Art Bell interviewing John Lear who gave his mock up of a briefing upon which "disclosure" would be decided upon or decided against regarding the relevant information being shared.
    It was quite shocking for me.
    I give John Lear the benefit of the doubt here, as I did then, it completely changed my perspective on disclosure and the entire UFO/Alien phenomenon.
    If what Lear was saying was even remotely true, then I agreed with Lear that human beings could not under any circumstances handle disclosure.
    Even listening to this interview now I shake my head in disbelief at how relevant the information still is.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIww04s4IEA

A fantastic (and rather shocking) listen. I suspect that something like 90% of this may be true.

Here's the transcript: (this may need its own thread)
    ~~~

John Lear’s Disclosure Briefing, as presented to Art Bell on the 2 November, 2003 Coast to Coast AM show

Art Bell:

Let’s say the government chose me. They were going to use me as an outlet to release this information. Let’s just say they did that and they took me to a briefing. Then what John?

John Lear:
    They whisk you to Washington, DC, you get limo'd to this building, beautiful building, you go up into this room. They say, Art, you’re the guy and if you give us the go ahead, we are gonna release everything we know to the public.

If you decide to go ahead, all major networks will be provided with information on all aspects of the cover up and no type of information will be withheld. Because of the deal for immunity for all participants of the cover up provides that nothing, no artifacts, no piece of information be withheld.

So here’s what happened, Art. We’ll use some videos and stills. Our first UFO recoveries were in the late ’30s. We made a couple in the beginning of the ’40s and then came Roswell, which the public found out about. We got 2 live aliens from Roswell. One died shortly thereafter and one lived till 1956.

And we found out so far there are 18 different alien species that we know about monitoring Earth. Some are good and some are hostile, most are indifferent. We found out that we are the experimental product, if you will, of an alien race who we never met and we don’t know who they are. All we know is that the Greys are cybernetic organisms, glorified robots if you will, who work here at the behest of their employers monitoring us through abductions.

We were never able to find out what the experiment is all about except that we have been externally corrected about 65 times. And they, the aliens, refer to us as Containers. There’s been speculation that the souls our bodies contain is the reason for the experiments. But nothing’s been proven or determined.

Since 1938 we’ve lost over 200 aircraft due to UFO hostilities, and thousands of soldiers in all kinds of different actions with aliens. Since that time several hundred thousand civilians have disappeared with no trace. Several thousand of those were eliminated by us because of their chance encounters with the aliens which we could ill afford to have publicized.

A slightly more frightening phenomena known as human mutilations have occurred on a regular basis and are similar to cattle mutilations. In that the human or humans are taken from the street, so to speak, and returned to the same area about 45 minutes to an hour later with their rectums cored out, their genitals removed, eyes removed from their sockets, and completely drained of blood.

In all cases it appeared that the mutilation procedures occurred while the persons were still alive and conscious. One of our scientists speculates that apparently the human specimens had to be alive for the samples to be worth anything. Abductions occur on a daily basis throughout the United States to at least 10% of the population.

When we were first made aware this we protested to the little grey being we had held in captivity at the YY-2 facility in Los Alamos, but a deal was struck that in exchange for advanced technology from the aliens we would allow them to abduct a very small number of persons and we would periodically be given a list of those persons abducted.

We got something less than the technology we bargained for and found the abductions exceeded by a million fold than what we had naively agreed to. In 1954, President Eisenhower met with a representative of another alien species at Muroc Test Center, which is now called Edwards Air Force Base. This alien suggested that they could help us get rid of the Greys but Eisenhower turned down their offer because they offered no technology.

At this point it became apparent to all involved that there was no such thing as a God, at least how the public perceives God. Certainly some form of computer recorder stores information and an occasional miracle is displayed by the aliens to influence a religious event. This so unnerved Eisenhower that he had In God We Trust put on paper money and coins and put in the Pledge of Allegiance to reaffirm the public belief in God.

Shortly after this it was determined in meetings between the U.S. and the Russians that the situation was serious enough that a cold war should be manufactured as a ruse to divert attention of the public away from UFOs towards some other scary threat like the H-bomb.

It was also decided to keep the ruse secret from any elected or appointed officials within both the U.S. and Russian governments as it took so long to vet these officials and the ruse was easier to manage if the top people didn’t know about it.

In the late 1950s NASA was formed to compartmentalize, containerize, and sanitize information from all space platforms and vehicles. We sold NASA to the public claiming that all information would belong to them but they got very little and even that was highly sanitized.

Our first efforts were to keep the public from learning about Venus. A very similar planet to Earth and it’s population is very similar to us just technologically advanced. We have learned a lot from them starting with the Russian Venera I and U.S. Mariner II, we made Venus look like a lead melting, volcanic surface, spewing sulfuric acid into a pressurized atmosphere 90 times that of Earth. And as often the case we over-did it and we wondered why nobody asked how a parachute survived a descent into 800° air.

We set up operations in Pine Gap, Australia to preclude any prying eyes figuring out what we were up to. We regularly eliminated through extreme prejudice anybody who was part of the operation and made the least little tiny threat about disclosure or dissatisfaction with the operation.

Any space mission that included Mercury, Gemini, Apollo, Mariner, Voyager, Clementine, and all the rest, all data initially came transmitted to Pine Gap then it was relayed to JPL or wherever after sanitizing. We had a little trouble with amateur radio operators but we figured out how they could intercept these signals but we managed to deal with that.

When the Russian threat began to fade, we introduced Vietnam which kept the public occupied for over 10 years. The cover up and personnel to run the operation began to get bigger and bigger and required more and more money.

We were forced to inflate the defense budget, which soon was not enough. Then we got into the drug business which was still not enough. We were the ones that looted the savings and loan industry and Wall Street to boot.

It is so out of control now most people want immunity and want out. But there is so much secrecy and so many double and triple blinds in place that it’s unlikely that this thing can ever be dismantled. And even if you give us the go ahead to spill the beans to the public it’s unlikely they will get anything more than, yes, we recovered a flying saucer and yes, there was an occupant, but that’s all we’re gonna tell ya.

So go ahead and roll the tape for Mr. Bell.

What you see here are what human mutilations look like. That one was a male about 27 years old. That one is film of dead aliens being pulled from the wreckage of a craft that crashed in Olancha, California in the ’50s. That craft you see over there was over 250 ft in diameter and had to be buried on the spot. That site is in Utah near Dugway Proving Grounds.

The object you’re looking at now is the Kecksburg Acorn, which was brought to Wright Patt in the middle ’60s. There’s Frank Drake trying to force information out of a being tied down to a stretcher. He was supposedly from Tao Ceti.

These pictures you’re looking at now are structures on the Moon. That’s the tower in Sinus Medii and it’s over seven miles tall. And that thing over there is what we call the Colossus of Oguram, in Mare Crisium. We don’t know what it does but the machine itself is bigger than Brooklyn, New York. Now those are videos of the domes covering the craters. As you can see, some are in a very advanced state of decay.

These are 5 second slides of the 18 different alien species we are looking at. That one there is the most gruesome looking. The guards at one facility are carefully indoctrinated over several months being shown pictures similar to but not exactly like the alien. Only when he’d been acclimatized, so to speak, of the horrible looking beings are they allowed to stand in security positions. Before these acclimatizations were done, we had two guards die of a heart attack as the aliens came down the hallway unexpectedly.

And this last clip is of the Kennedy assassination. You’ve heard of the second gunman theory? Well, this is the second camera that recorded exactly what happened and we had 4 gunmen. And the bottom line was that Kennedy had to go. He insisted on releasing what little alien information we had told him about and he was trying to withdraw troops from Vietnam which we were using as a diversion for the public.

After Kennedy, we never told any President anything. Nixon knew because he was briefed as VP in 1952. That’s how we knew where to take Jackie Gleason to Homestead Air Force Base to see the alien bodies we had in storage there.

And that’s about it. What say you, Art Bell? Do we brief the public? Yay or Nay?
    Last edited by Bill Ryan; 18th April 2018 at 02:26.

6. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2018), avid (18th April 2018), Debra (18th April 2018), DNA (18th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2018), Hervé (18th April 2018), Hym (18th April 2018), Joe from the Carolinas (3rd August 2018), KiwiElf (18th April 2018), lilac (18th April 2018), Mike (18th April 2018), Nasu (18th April 2018), Ol' Roy (19th April 2018), sunwings (18th April 2018), ThePythonicCow (18th April 2018), Tintin (18th April 2018), Valerie Villars (18th April 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

I am brand new here, so I hope this is not forbidden. I have written a rather large tribute to Art Bell. I created a separate thread for it, but it might get more traction here. So I am posting it twice since I think it is important for younger folks to get a feeling for how important Art Bell was.

Can I, as an old timer, share my experience of the Art Bell phenomena? Many people on the internet now seem to have been in diapers when Art Bell was at the height of his radio career, so perhaps this testimonial I wrote the day after he died will help “youngsters” understand what Art Bell was all about.

PROS FOR ART BELL:

Art Bell was a big part of my life in the 90's. I worked long days as a computer engineer for a major corporation. My job was full of stress and I could not relax even at night. I would dream about computer code! I had relentless dreams trying to fix and decipher software language that constantly changed in the dream and made no sense. Art Bell was a welcome escape.

Bear in mind that at that time YOUTUBE did not exist with a plethora of alternative interview shows. The concept of podcast shows on the internet was years in the future. Art Bell was on the cutting edge for even having an internet website, complete with a forum (another rather new idea at the time) for listeners to discuss the shows. Art promoted the idea of listener Art Bell clubs throughout the country. People would come together locally and discuss Art Bell and his guests. Often in large cities some of Art's guests would show up and have informal chats with the group. Imagine meeting Robert O. Dean or Budd Hopkins personally.

Art Bell was a real phenomenon at the time because (younger people need to understand this) THERE WAS VIRTUALLY NO INFORMATION ON THE PARANORMAL OR UFOS ANYWHERE ELSE! There had been IN SEARCH OF, a half hour program in the latter 70’s hosted by Leonard Nimoy (who I met once in a department store). There had been a TV show SIGHTINGS for 1 hour a week in the 80’s. This seemed to meld into a show called ENCOUNTERS (if I recall correctly).

But Art was there late every single night, plus for an hour on Sunday evenings on his show DREAMLAND, now hosted by his friend Whitley Strieber. Art Bell was the first truly national radio personality who was willing to discuss any aspect of the strange without making childish jokes to debunk his own content. He filled a vacuum in the collective mind, and filled it very well. Even though I had to wake up at 6:00 a.m. to go back to work, I would often sit up (almost a zombie) listening to Art Bell. I just cannot over emphasize how revolutionary he was at the time!

One thing Art Bell did seemingly as a marketing ploy was to promote that his show was revealing the HIDDEN TRUTH (copyright pending…). I believed it at the time. Many people did. Of course, this has now become a cliche and you can go on YOUTUBE and watch "revealed truth" from any different angle, such as right wing conspiracies, religious fundamentalism, left wing fears, wild eyed conspiracies of all kinds, Doom Porn and just a buffet of "revealed truth" to suit your fancy. If you don't like one version of the "revealed truth" you can now easily find another version to support your pre-existing beliefs. There is now a smorgasbord of revealed truth out there to suit your fancy for you to choose from.

But when Art Bell hit the scene, he pretty much owned the paranormal genre in a big way. People even wrote songs about Art Bell and the show, such as Crystal Gale who wrote Midnight in the Desert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cmUpgvmFk4

The music Art Bell used on the show was often from the 70’s with a few tips of the hat to the 80’s and 90s. This often dated music was reborn and branded as being part of the Art Bell experience. Here is a playlist from the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSFz...gU0oLdK9pW2bn9

Art Bell at his height was a cultural force! The listener felt like he/she was taking part in a leading edge movement to uncover hidden truth. In this time of a plethora of such shows everywhere, it may be hard for younger people to understand. But again, there was nothing else of this kind anywhere then. I remember dark nights commuting from San Francisco to my home out in the East Valley. Cocooned in my car with the glowing radio dial, there was something so comforting about knowing that Art Bell was out there on the air, sort of America's Dad with his smooth calm voice and his very responsive remarks and questions to whatever the guest had to say.

One very clever person used clips from old shows with the word "TRUTH" and called it the truth song. Listeners wrote songs such as “If I’m Abducted, Don’t Let it be The Greys”. And old time listeners will recall the satirical commercials Art played routinely on the show. A couple examples:
    1. Greys Be Gone Spray” to make you repellant to the little Grey invaders.
    2. “Fresh Insects” raised on an insect farm for quick delivery to your Reptilian Lover

And don't forget the legitimate ads that paid for the show for products that would make late night TV $19.95 ads blush. There was one advertiser who dipped roses in gold, if memory serves. Another was promoting a magnet based water filter. The eccentric sponsors were part of the fun before the show was sold to a corporate network.

Both the guests and the listeners were strange and eccentric. OPEN LINES allowed callers to be on the air. Art Bell seldom had an interface between the caller and the live show. If you called, you got into a queue and went right on the show without any censorship or vetting. This resulted in some classic calls. Some examples. First, a candid recording of an Open Lines show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0rHRlLEq48

1. The guy supposedly flying a plane into Area 51 and being shot down as we listened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ASP3aKVj4

2. The terrified guy who supposedly worked at Area 51 who was on the run for what he knew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ASP3aKVj4&t=9s

3. Anti-Christ Callers. Such people are a dime a dozen now, but back then encouraging the Anti-Christ to call in to chat was shocking.
    4. Actual “Men in Black” callers
    5. Actual Aliens living on Earth callers
    5. Actual Time Travelers from the future (John Titor)
    6. Actual Satanists
    7. Actual Vampires
    8. Shadow people caller encounters
    9. Alien abduction caller experiences
    10. NDE caller experiences
    11. JC the intolerant religious fanatic who felt that William Shatner was a Canadian spy sent here to steal technological wonders from the set of Star Trek (was JC really just a good amateur actor?).
    12. There was a guy who told us he spent 5 years as a wolf, part of a generational family curse invoked when he stepped into a particular pool in the woods at the insistence of his dad.

All such topics were NEW then. Thanks to Art, these topics are now mainstream to the point that we can find shows about the paranormal everywhere online

CONS FOR ART BELL:

But even in the zenith of my faith in Art Bell, I began to feel frustration. Why oh why did Art Bell keep showcasing Ed Dames, the so-called Remote Viewer who sold remote viewing instructional kits? The man reminds me much of David Wilcock today. So many wild stories, and always negative. Dames got the knick name Doctor Doom. Even on the Art Bell official forum, listeners mused about why Art Bell seemed so connected at the hip to Dames. Did Dames have something on him (conspiracy theory)? Did Art have a heavy investment in Dames mail order "remove viewing" kits? Or was Ed Dames simply great radio? When Ed Dames remote viewed Satan, it became a classic show. I confess I became extremely angry with Art Bell due to Ed Dames. Ed claimed that the final apocalypse of humankind would come when gay people were legally allowed to marry in churches. This was an appalling attack on gay people, but Art let it slide without saying a word. Only in a later show did Art feel obligated to make a comment distancing himself from the earlier conversation, much as Laura Ingraham made a tepid apology for trashing the Parkside teen who survived a mass murder gun attack at school, leading him and others to call for some control on semi-automatic AR-15s. Laura found this appalling and lashed out at him personally, lost over 22 sponsors and made a rather jaded apology to save her show. Back in 1998, I began to hold Art Bell in the same low esteem for his personal right wing views.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA79xyZwlhc

Then there was "Doctor Reed" with the frozen alien burrito. He claimed that he was on a hike with his dog and came upon an alien. The alien turned his dog into beef jerky with a ray gun. Reed killed the alien and kept him in his garage freezer. The story became more and more silly, with Reed opening the freezer one day and the dead alien was screeching. Then secret government agents became involved (rejected scripts for the X FILES). Art had this guy on repeatedly, even after evidence was sent to Art about how this guy was a total fraud. I still cannot really understand Art's psyche such that he would be very connected to certain guests, even when they were obviously frauds. I guess again that Art thought it was “good radio”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk9rR5Gv8N0

Then there were so many shows with the god awful Sean David Morton and Bruce Goldberg. Hoagland is another example. Hoagland did make good radio. Hoagland came up with lots of entertaining wild stuff, like the time TARGET advertised shirts on TV for $19.50. Hoagland had a fixation on that number, thinking it had deep occult Illuminati qualities that even influenced government NASA space launch dates and times. Because of this innocent commercial, he told listeners to go to TARGET, ask for the manager and say "I am here for the secret Illuminati meeting". LOL I am sure TARGET store managers across the nation had a few choice words for Hoagland after that incident. I think even Art Bell seemed a little scared when Hoagland pulled that stunt. Moving on, Art had an exclusive on the actual sounds of hell!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvnxeX2SQso

Art Bell became the victim of at least 2 scandals. There was a bad period for Bell when Ted Gunderson, David Oates (reverse speech shtick) and someone named Robert Stephens began to post salacious things about Art Bell. David Oates had been another darling of the show until a falling out with Bell. Bell wanted clear literal reverse speech clips whereas Oates often shared metaphorical quotes that could mean anything. Oates was not invited to the show any longer. Oates and friends then came out with some very sleazy claims that Art had once been involved in a molestation arrest. Eventually, Art prevailed in court and Oates came on the show as part of the court settlement to publicly recant his story. You did NOT cross Art Bell. He was a fighter! Art took no prisoners. He exacted supreme judgment and punishment.

Another bad period was when some people blamed Art Bell for the suicides of members of the Heaven’s Gate cult after Art promoted the spurious idea that Hale Bopp was being accompanied by a space ship. The Heaven’s Gate cult members believed that the Hale Bopp space ship was coming for them. But to be picked up, they had to leave their bodies behind. Frankly, although a lot of people blamed Art for this disaster, he was just doing what he always did, sharing wild tales and promoting them for entertainment value. This time it backfired on Art big time. But at least Art and Whitley Strieber put the faux remote viewer Courtney Browne in his place. This clip is representative of the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-QyhuAI-3I

ART BEGINS HIS RADIO DEPARTURES: I admit that I became very cynical about Art Bell in the late 90’s due to his repeated drama queen departures from his own show. First, he left suddenly without warning because his teen son had been sexually assaulted by a male substitute teacher. The teacher was later convicted in court. Of course, I can understand that first departure to support his son.

But Art would subsequently come back and depart in equally melo-dramatic ways. Art claimed he had fallen and hurt his back, which made it impossible for him to sit through an entire show due to the agony. So sometimes Art would leave the show in the middle of a broadcast, requiring the network to run an old show from that point. The problem is that later the same night, Art would FOR HOURS be on short wave radio, laughing and chatting with people. There were suspicions at the time that perhaps Art was using his back pain as some sort of negotiation tool (like calling in sick) to get a better deal from the network. I cannot substantiate that at all, but it was a rumor making the rounds on the internet so I am sharing it now.

Regarding the network, Art started out on a home spun network. His show really had a strong flavor of counter culture and ad hoc programming, like a tiny pirate station broadcast from off-shore. But then Art Bell sold the show to a major network which led to being part of the right wing Clear Channel network. The show seemed to become more glossy then with the addition of countless commercial breaks. Art's original show could go on for 5 or more hours with just a handful of commercials. Clear Channel cut it down to 4 but loaded the show full of commercials. This began the period where Art would dramatically leave the show, then eventually return again.

Discerning members of the audience began to feel disrespected.

Art finally left Coast to Coast radio permanently. After fulfilling a non-competitive contract clause, he joined SIRIUS FM to do a similar radio show. But this lasted only a few months before he again walked out. The internet buzzed with the news that he had walked out presumably because that company would not allow people to hear Art's show FOR FREE. Art's complaint made no sense to me because SIRIUS FM is obviously a pay to listen network. That is how they make money. How could Art have missed that obvious fact? Yet Art demanded that they made an exception for him and allow anyone to hear his show because he felt that he wasn't getting enough call ins. This is what we were told at the time. And the listeners were 50 50 on this. There is always a cadre or posse of born again fans (like Trump supporters?) who deny reality and simply believe. Then there were the 50% who were getting fed up with Art's antics. Many of them had subscribed to SIRIUS XM only to hear him.

I think the final straw for many long time listeners was when Art began the new Midnight in The Desert Show. Art left SIRUIS XM with yet another non-competitive clause that kept him off the air for at least a year. He asked his old website administrator, Keith Rowland, to create a radio network for him. Art’s new show, Midnight in the Desert, would be the flagship of a new network with subscriptions available online. But within only a few months of starting yet another show, Art suddenly he was gone again and some totally unknown young woman was hosting the show. Art claimed that he had received death threats against himself and his family unless he quit the show. He claimed that shots had been fired. The sheriff was notified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWPsPB6v15s

Yet Art kept his family out at the compound during this period instead of getting them to safety somewhere else. This snipper madman was never caught. But Art left his own show for the last time. Yet, appallingly, the very next day after he left the show (and this gun man was still out there presumably) what does Art do? He posts photos of his little daughter on the internet. People began to wonder if Art was losing it. A mad gunman had just threatened to kill your family, and you post close up photos of your daughter on the internet the day after you leave the show for the last time. As you might guess, many people thought that this gunman was a figment of Art's creative imagination. We can never really know but evidently Art never had any concerns about the gun man resurfacing again once he quit the show. Others suggest that perhaps Art always meant to create the show as a platform for this young lady Heather. He got it started and once it was stabilized at around 35,000 feet, he gave her the controls and parachuted out. We will never know.

I do feel that his website master Keith Roland was given a real kick in the stomach.

As noted, Keith Roland was commissioned to create this entire NETWORK with Art Bell's new show as the flagship. Hoagland and Jimmy Church had shows on that network. Keith invested a lot of time and effort into this, probably along with finances. Then after a few months, Art Bell just pulled the plug on the flagship show. When this happened, Keith seemed confused about what to do online. He solicited advice from current subscribers. He finally decided to keep going with Heather running the faltering flagship. Many people cancelled their subscriptions (me included), although perhaps things are going well now. I don't know. Heather still seems to be running Art's show. However, with so many free shows of high quality free on YOUTUBE on these same topics, I am rather curious who would continue to pay for an unknown talent.

Therefore, I think Art Bell really damaged his "brand" by coming off as a Prima-Donna at the end. He was like a romantic suitor who courted his audience over and over for a short period, then dumped the audience for 1 dramatic reason after another. Maybe Art had reached a point where he loved the IDEA of being on the radio but hated the reality of the daily grind as age crept up on him?

I purchased the commemorative CD package put out by Keith Roland and Art Bell at one point. This contains the music written about Art and used on the show, logos (there were a steady stream then of pictures of Art against creative backgrounds), and many other features. I have 10 binders full of CDs of the Art Bell shows. I haven't touched them in years, but now they seem poignant and I will be listening to them.

Will Art Bell be remembered? Except for students of radio, probably not. Who remembers Arthur Godfrey, Jack Paar, Steve Allen, Walter Winchell, Drew Pearson, even Johnny Carsen! A recent survey says that many young Americans do not even know what the Holocaust was (what do public schools teach?!?!). I predict that as the boomer generation departs this world, Art will just be a chapter in a scholarly book on radio history. But that is OK. I don't think Art intended to have any bronze statues erected to his name (although I would love for some rich eccentric to do so and create a library - as we do for each President - to preserve all his shows). Pop culture moves on for better or often for worse nowadays. We are all born into a period of history, live through it to the best of our ability, hopefully retire and then pass on. Art Bell was a major source of wonder and comfort for many of us during that journey in the 90's.

Art Bell coined the term THE QUICKENING. He felt that something momentous was coming. In actuality, life still moves on as usual, always on the edge of despair yet great hope. But perhaps the Quickening has come for Art. Maybe death is the real Quickening.

POST SCRIPT: This story could have had a happy ending if Art Bell and the network had found a new host more on par with Art Bell. Instead they chose George Noory. Coast to Coast became a dumbed down product. The host seemed to know nothing about the paranormal. Instead of intimate conversations, we heard stilted interviews using prepared questions that often ignored any hooks the guest may have provided in their previous response. Incredible areas for further discussion were routinely ignored as George just went down the list of questions his staff prepared for him. George went to calls often quite prematurely. It seemed like he just didn't know what to say after a short time so he handed it over to the callers. The guests were often brilliant and interesting, but their potential was lost by a relatively clueless host. Nonetheless, over the years the older crowd may have left (I still subscribe) and the younger people don't seem to notice any decrease in quality. They seem to adore George and flock to conferences where he is a speaker. George is coming to my town in a couple weeks. I wouldn’t go to see him if I had a free ticket. I admit that Coast to Coast is still sometimes brilliant. I particularly like the guest hosts George Knapp, David Schrader and Jimmy Church.

Jimmy Church seems in a league with Art Bell in terms of natural radio talent and guest interaction. While Jimmy is very much a flim flam man like a circus carny (and he adores David Wilcock and Corey Goode as much as Art adored some nefarious people), but he has that old time spirit.

Jimmy knows what he is talking about and does not need a script prepared for him by a staff. He can just shoot the bull for 2-3 hours without cue cards. I do wonder where Coast to Coast would be today if Jimmy had been given the reins right after Art left. There is no ultimate search for the truth on C2C, but some of that old time intimacy would have been maintained. Jimmy has his own show modeled after C2C called FADE TO BLACK. He refers to listeners as Fadernauts. Yeah, this may all be quite cheesy, but it brings back the Art Bell inclusion of the audience into a "movement". I miss that on the now very glib sanitized C2C.

The End

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ArizonaSilver For This Post:

Bluegreen (18th April 2018), Debra (18th April 2018), KiwiElf (18th April 2018), sunwings (18th April 2018), Valerie Villars (18th April 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

A fantastic (and rather shocking) listen. I suspect that something like 90% of this may be true.

John Lear deserves consideration at the very least because of his peerless aviation experience. This guy has to have been one of the most experienced pilots the US has ever produced, and held world records for flight time and the number of aircraft he's familiar with flying.

I remember when John Lear got censored and then banned from the "Above Top Secret" forums because of what he was saying about 9/11 and the pilots and planes from that day. And then on top of that, the ATS staff lied about the circumstances around his banning and refused to let him back onto the forum. Someone even interviewed him about all of that. It might have been Kerry.

Two things I learned from that: ATS is run by shills who aren't actually interested in real conspiracy discussions/debate, and John Lear knew stuff that they didn't want him talking about.

I later learned that one of the top staff at ATS had very close ties to Halliburton. People remember Halliburton from its profiteering during the Iraq War but it's also the parent company of its subsidiary KBR, which was caught in a human trafficking scheme in Eastern Europe during all the mess that Bill Clinton had us in over there. Large-scale human trafficking in war zones is about as "deep state" as it gets.

10. Link to Post #26
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)

John Lear deserves consideration at the very least because of his peerless aviation experience. This guy has to have been one of the most experienced pilots the US has ever produced, and held world records for flight time and the number of aircraft he's familiar with flying.

I remember when John Lear got censored and then banned from the "Above Top Secret" forums because of what he was saying about 9/11 and the pilots and planes from that day. And then on top of that, the ATS staff lied about the circumstances around his banning and refused to let him back onto the forum. Someone even interviewed him about all of that. It might have been Kerry.

Two things I learned from that: ATS is run by shills who aren't actually interested in real conspiracy discussions/debate, and John Lear knew stuff that they didn't want him talking about.

I later learned that one of the top staff at ATS had very close ties to Halliburton. People remember Halliburton from its profiteering during the Iraq War but it's also the parent company of its subsidiary KBR, which was caught in a human trafficking scheme in Eastern Europe during all the mess that Bill Clinton had us in over there. Large-scale human trafficking in war zones is about as "deep state" as it gets.
    That is very interesting but what has it got to do with a thread honoring Art Bell in death?

11. Link to Post #27
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,498 times in 720 posts

Hey Arizona, what an awesome job of describing the half addictively poignant and riveting and half campy feel of Art's shows in his prime, you absolutely nailed how frustrating the high rotation of the 'beneath him' guests were and very accurately described how also frustrating for loyal listeners his on/off history was after leaving Coast.

If I may answer for DNA what his Lear post has to do with Art's death, I think it's about honoring the part of Art's legacy that was incredibly poignant and first gave so many of us nuggets and mind expanding concepts as you also described that kept you coming back. That 'early days' Lear statement might be the most plain english truthful big picture summary ever, everything since has only gotten muddier, and we got it through Art.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to waves For This Post:

Debra (18th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2018), KiwiElf (18th April 2018), Valerie Villars (18th April 2018)

13. Link to Post #28
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Come to think of it, Coast to Coast AM was my gateway into a lot of these guys. David Wilcock, David Icke, Ed Dames, Linda Moulton Howe... More names than I can ever remember really. Some of them may be from Noory's era. Linda's reports were important enough to me at one time that I would mark down her next scheduled appearance and be sure to catch the show.

What really slapped me in the face was a 9/11 documentary I saw back around 2003, but I don't think Art ever bought into the inside job theories. He was from an era when the government and media were still trusted by most people and he was one of the few around to question things on a big platform.

14. Link to Post #29
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,754 times in 5,529 posts

Quote Posted by ArizonaSilver (here)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0rHRlLEq48

1. The guy supposedly flying a plane into Area 51 and being shot down as we listened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4ASP3aKVj4

2. The terrified guy who supposedly worked at Area 51 who was on the run for what he knew.
    Hi ArizonaSilver, and thanks for posting this up. You'd inadvertently duplicated the 'Pilot' audio so I'm providing an easier to download link specific to that '..terrified caller..' segment, here:

https://tvclip.biz/video/49VBRdxZcy0...indingufo.html

Here's the transcript appended below, on this link (It isn't Connor O'Ryan but that's a thread well worth exploring too: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...evens-Bob-Dean )

TRANSCRIPT

-Hello Art? [Art Bell: Yes].
    -Hi… I don’t have a whole lot of time.. um…
    [Art Bell: Well, look let’s begin by finding out wether you’re using this line properly or not].
    -AREA 51..
    [Art Bell: Yeah, that’s right. Where you there an employee or are you now?]
    -I am a former employee.
    [Art Bell: Former employee].
    -I was let go an a medical discharge about a week ago.
    -And…. and… *SOBBING*
    -I kinda been running across the country… um… um… man… I don’t know where to start….. They’re… they’re gonna…
    -They’ll triangulate on this position really, really soon…

[Art Bell: So you can’t spend a lot of time on the phone, so give us something quick!].
    -OK… um… um… OK… What we’re thinking of as ALIENS Art, … they’re… they’re EXTRA-DIMENSIONAL BEINGS…
    -That an earlier precursor of the Space Program Made Contact With.
    -Uh.. they are NOT what they claim to be… uh… they have INFILTRATED a lot of aspects of the MILITARY ESTABLISHMENT.
    -PARTICULARLY THE AREA 51.
    -Uh… the DISASTERS that are coming… the military… I am sorry… the GOVERNMENT knows about them….
    -And there’s a lot of SAFE AREAS in this WORLD that they could begin moving the population to.. NOW - Art..
    [Art Bell: But they are not doing.. they are not doing anything?].
    -THEY ARE NOT!
    -They want those major population centers wiped out.. So that the few that are left will be more easily controllable.
    (BREAKING)
    *SOBBING / CRYING*
    (LOSING TRANSMITION)
    (LOSING SATELLITE CONNECTION)
    (TRANSMITION LOST COMPLETLY)
    (BACK-UP SYSTEM NOW UP AND RUNNING)

And the follow-up call in 1998: https://tvclip.biz/video/5FrUj3cV_To...indingufo.html

Addition to this post: Bryan J. Glass is the individual, credited with a fabricated story based on writing he was doing for a comic/creative piece called 'Ship of Fools' - he'd effectively created a character.

What is interesting is that even though he was voicing a creative work, it did in fact cause something to happen, which may have been a little too close to actuality/reality than certain persons or entities would rather have be more largely known by the wider public.
    Last edited by Tintin; 18th April 2018 at 15:48.
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

avid (18th April 2018), DNA (19th April 2018), Ewan (19th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2018), Valerie Villars (18th April 2018)

16. Link to Post #30
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,899 times in 15,481 posts

Default 'Coast to Coast AM' radio host Art Bell dies at 72

'Coast to Coast AM' radio host Art Bell dies at 72 (Update)

Rio Lacanlale
    Las Vegas Review Journal
    Fri, 13 Apr 2018 22:14 UTC

Art Bell seen at his home in Pahrump in 1996. © Las Vegas Review Journal

He was awake when most of the country was asleep, cultivating a loyal following while sharing his fascination with the unexplained on his nighttime paranormal-themed show.

For the better part of two decades, longtime late-night radio personality Art Bell was his own producer, engineer and host of his show, "Coast to Coast AM." He later launched his own satellite radio program from his Pahrump home after retiring from full-time hosting duties in 2003.

On the airwaves, Bell captivated listeners with his fascination for the unexplained, such as UFOs, alien abductions and crop circles. He died Friday at his home at the age of 72.

Greg Newkirk

Very sad to hear that Art Bell has passed away. His voice kept me company for many late nights as a kid, through my paper route as a teenager, and on many cross-country adventures as an adult. Thanks for helping me become the weirdo I am today, Art. Rest easy.

10:54 PM - 13 Apr 2018
    51 replies 415 retweets 1,340 likes
    "As he begins his journey on the 'other side,' we take solace in the hope that he is now finding out all of the answers to the mysteries he pursued for so many nights with all of us," Coast to Coast said in a statement Saturday.

Coast to Coast was syndicated nationwide on about 500 stations across the United States and Canada in the 1990s before he left in 2002. He broadcast the show from Pahrump's KNYE 95.1 FM, a station he founded.

Lorraine Rotundo Steele, who had been listening to Bell for more than 21 years, said Saturday that she was stunned by the news of her favorite radio host's death. The 60-year-old Canada resident started tuning in to Bell's show after her dad died.

"Art taught me how to keep an open mind," she told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. "At a very dark time in my life, he kept me sane. Art's fascination with life after death was what I needed after losing my father."

Bell's show had a huge national following in part because he played to people's imaginations, "like a Disneyland for sci-fi," local talk show radio host Alan Stock said. He remembered Bell as a creative, unique, nice man who will undoubtedly live on as a radio icon.

"Nobody talked about Area 51, and about chupacabras and about aliens," Stock said Saturday night. "And he talked about that on a regular basis."

His show, popular with truckers and others awake in the wee hours of the day, offered a look into a world nobody else on the radio had touched, Stock said.

Stock recalled listening to his show early one morning in the 90s. A caller into Bell's show said he was piloting a small plane toward Area 51 - the classified Air Force facility located about 80 miles northwest of Las Vegas - to find out "what's really going on."

"And Art said, 'Don't do it, they will shoot you down,'" Stock said.

Bell and the caller went back and forth for about an hour and 20 minutes, he said, until the man reported seeing military planes flying behind him, signaling him to ground the plane. Despite Bell's insistence on the man obeying their commands, the caller said he would keep flying.

"The next thing you know, it went dead and you heard nothing at all," Stock said. Stock had Bell on his show about two weeks later, and he asked Bell what happened to the caller. Bell said he never heard from the man again.

Bell retired several times in his career, which included a short-lived show on SiriusXM satellite radio in 2013. He also co-authored a book, "The Coming Global Superstorm," with Whitley Strieber.

Returning to terrestrial radio afterward was not a difficult decision, he told the Pahrump Valley Times in August 2013.

"That's easy, because I love it," he said at the time. "It's my life, and that's all I have ever done. I went through a lot of family problems, so that interrupted things, and I was overseas for four years, and that certainly interrupted things. I went back into radio because I love it."

Kliph Nesteroff‏ @ClassicShowbiz

1999 - Art Bell's Origin Story - Broadcaster to Broadcaster - Larry King Live with guest Art Bell:

11:59 PM - 13 Apr 2018
    1 reply 13 retweets 31 likes

Pioneering broadcaster

Bell was inducted into the Nevada Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame in 2006 and into the National Radio Hall of Fame in 2008, the same year he sold KNYE to Karen Jackson.

Bell's genuine interest in the topics he discussed contributed to the interest and entertainment his show generated, she said in a press release to the Review-Journal.

"Art was a pioneer in broadcasting taking overnight talk radio to new heights which generated huge audiences," Jackson said. "He was a master at creating spell binding, intriguing, sometimes frightening and thoroughly compelling talk radio."

"No one has been more loved by their family, friends and listening audience," she said.

For a time, Bell also held the Guinness world record for a solo broadcast marathon, logging more than 115 hours of airtime while working as a DJ in Okinawa, Japan. The stunt raised funds to rescue over 100 Vietnamese orphans left stranded by the conflict in their country, according to Coast to Coast.

An early love for radio
    Bell was born in Jacksonville, North Carolina, on June 17, 1945. The only child in a military family, he moved around a lot as a kid.

He later served in the the Air Force as a medic during the Vietnam War, but his love for radio was always there. According to Coast to Coast AM, he was an FCC licensed radio technician at age 13, and while in the Air Force, he created an on-base pirate radio station that played anti-war music.

It wasn't until the mid-1980s, when he returned to the United States and joined KDWN-AM in Las Vegas, that talk radio captivated Bell. There, he mastered his famous blend of contemporary and unsettling.

"I want to bring topics on radio you otherwise might not hear," Bell, then 50, told the Pahrump Valley Times in January 1996.

His cause of death has not yet been determined. Bell's autopsy is scheduled for later this week, according to the Nye County Sheriff's Office.

Bell leaves behind his wife, Airyn, whom he married in 2006, and his children Asia, Alex and Art Bell IV. He is preceded in death by his parents, Jackson said.

SOTT Comment: Coast to Coast AM was an institution and Art Bell will surely be missed.

Here's a rather famous clip from Coast to Coast AM from 1997:

Update: August 1, 2018

The Las Vegas Review Journal reports that Art Bell died of an accidental drug overdose.
    The coroner's office determined he had four prescription medications in his system: the opioid oxycodone, the analgesic hydrocodone, diazepam, often marketed as Valium, and carisoprodol, a muscle-relaxant. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and hypertension contributed to his death, the coroner's office said.
    Last edited by Hervé; 2nd August 2018 at 18:34.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (3rd August 2018), Cardillac (2nd August 2018), drneglector (2nd August 2018), enigma3 (2nd August 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd August 2018), Jayke (2nd August 2018), NancyV (2nd August 2018), Noelle (2nd August 2018), sijohn (2nd August 2018), Sunny-side-up (2nd August 2018), Valerie Villars (2nd August 2018)

18. Link to Post #31
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

Default Re: 'Coast to Coast AM' radio host Art Bell dies at 72

sad news; may he rest in peace- he was one of the greatest moderators out there-

if he died of prescription medication systems he unwillingly embracred his own demise- sadly-

Larry

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (2nd August 2018)

20. Link to Post #32
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Bell died April 13 in a bedroom of his Pahrump home at age 72.

The coroner’s office determined he had four prescription medications in his system: the opioids oxycodone and hydrocodone, diazepam (often marketed as Valium) and the muscle relaxant carisoprodol. Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and hypertension also contributed to his death, the coroner’s office said.

The drugs that killed Bell were lawfully prescribed to him, the Nye County Sheriff’s Office said in a video posted to Facebook.
    The diazepam and carisoprodol is worrisome - nobody should be mixing those things.. Wonder if he was "dosed" with that..

(side effects - https://www.rxlist.com/soma-drug.htm) - very bad news that stuff, it would suppress breathing, and someone with breathing difficulties would NOT, should NOT be on that..
    Last edited by Bob; 2nd August 2018 at 20:17.

21. Link to Post #33
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,050 times in 521 posts

Jimmy Church Show: August 1st 2018

BREAKING: Art Bell LIVE Ouija Message

We did a LIVE Ouija session on FADE to BLACK with Karen A. Dahlman on August 1st, 2018.

This was the same day that the Clark County Coroner's Office released the Art Bell coroner's report... and during the 2.5 hour session, Jimmy Church asked the guides to contact Art Bell for a message to his fans... and this is what happened... unedited, live on air during the broadcast... the image included in this video is the actual transcription that Jimmy wrote down in the studio.

The last words from Art in this message to his fans was........ drumroll..............

'''I FADE TO BLACK'''

The whole message can be seen .....

Jimmy Church took over Art's Show on Dark Matter Radio then went on to C2C where Art really got C2C going...........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2