+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Myostatin Inhibitors for Muscle Growth and Longevity

1. Link to Post #1
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,410 times in 1,804 posts

Default Myostatin Inhibitors for Muscle Growth and Longevity

“Oh, Fortuna, blind, heedless goddess, I am strapped to your wheel,' Ignatius belched, 'Do not crush me beneath your spokes. Raise me on high, divinity.”

Be warned, readers... this is a rabbit hole. As I write this, I have no idea which way the winds of fortune will blow this thread. Lots of false claims, counter-claims, and over-priced supplements in this field. However, there is some truth here. It's an interesting research area. This thread has some relavence to our muscle wasting discussions in the water fasting thread. Thanks for all your input there, it was interesting.

I only know a little so far. Feel free to add your own research:

- Myostatin inhibits muscle growth. Animals that secrete less myostatin, because of genetic abnormalities or myostatin blocking treatments, become very muscular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin

- Liz Parrish, who (by the looks of her) has sucessfully managed to hold back the aging clock, took a myostatin inhibitor along with a gene therapy that enhanced telomerase. So myostatin inhibition is *one of* the keys to anti-aging.

I would probably go the natural route and use herbs and protocols. But I am not 100% against using a drug if it was well tested. My casual reading shows Myostatin is relatively safe... but who knows?

This is all I know so far.
    Last edited by Daozen; 18th April 2018 at 13:53.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (18th April 2018), amor (25th April 2018), Cognitive Dissident (18th April 2018), Jayke (19th April 2018), justntime2learn (19th April 2018), onevoice (18th April 2018), silverchimes (19th April 2018), toppy (18th April 2018), Unicorn (18th April 2018), Watching from Cyprus (20th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Default Re: Myostatin Inhibitors for Muscle Growth and Longevity

That's interesting. I've also seen studies before that people who are underweight tend to live longer than people who are of normal body weight. Maybe there is a connection there. Fasting also stimulates regenerative processes in the body.

4. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member Cognitive Dissident's Avatar
    In a galaxy not too far away from where you are right now
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 times in 409 posts

Interesting, I didn't know about myostatin inhibitors before. What are your suggestions for the natural/herbal supplements that may work for this?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cognitive Dissident For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (19th April 2018), toppy (18th April 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Cognitive Dissident (here)
    Interesting, I didn't know about myostatin inhibitors before. What are your suggestions for the natural/herbal supplements that may work for this?
    Hi... I don't know much yet, this is a new thread. Maybe we can all look around and see what we can see. I have a strong feeling Vit C is a myostatin inhibitor but can't find any evidence yet. C also helps build collagen. In 2010 I was doing a lot of hindu pushups and dips. My teacher said I was getting bigger by the day.

http://www.ironmagazine.com/2016/3-m...ents-supplier/

Leucine, HMB and creatine probably all boost muscle growth because they reduce the functioning of myostatin, the protein that causes muscles to atrophy.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/fo...-creatine.html

Myostatin inhibitors:

1. Green tea extract (Epicatechin)
    2. Cocoa products (Epicatechin)
    3. creatine
    4. Essential Amino Acids
    5. Vitamin D (conflicting studies)

Green tea and Cocao.
    The main ingredient I have looked at is Epicatechin. The "meaty" info is about mice, and they used 1mg per kg 2 times a day.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (19th April 2018), jjjones (19th April 2018), silverchimes (19th April 2018), Unicorn (19th April 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    That's interesting. I've also seen studies before that people who are underweight tend to live longer than people who are of normal body weight. Maybe there is a connection there. Fasting also stimulates regenerative processes in the body.
    Yes this is true. "You never see a fat 80 year old". OTOH, excessive food deprivation can weaken the body. One of the major calorie restriction proponents, can't remember his name, looks a little malnourished from where I sit. And what about people who want to build muscle, like myself? I reckon the key is temporal restriction, i.e eating windows, which is slightly different from calorie restriction. Starting to eat at midday, and having a last meal at 6-7pm, gives the body 17-18 hours a day without food. Eating and lunch and dinner means you can eat socially with no restrictions. 18 non-eating hours a day means you get the ketosis, fat burning, and spike in Ghrelin/HGH which fasters are looking for. Other people have a 9am to 2pm eating window. I only eat twice a day, but I stuff myself in those periods. I know if I ever feel fat or toxic I can just dry fast for 1-3 meals and get back to balance.

This guy only eats one meal a day. He goes very deeply into the mechanics behind fasting. I posted the vid before. Some people didn't like his manner, but I think he's an interesting person.

Marcus Rothkratz is impressively healthy. He recommends 6-8 hour windows:

http://markusrothkranz.com/1mealaday/1mealaday.html

http://www.markusrothkranz.com/

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (19th April 2018), amor (25th April 2018), Jayke (19th April 2018), jjjones (19th April 2018), silverchimes (19th April 2018), WhiteFeather (21st April 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

Have you tried comparing this data to blood-type diets as explained by Peter D'Adamo?

11. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

If your interested just buy yourself some yk11 as a research compound for your pet rat. Incredible myostatin inhibitor being used by thousands . its a sarm(selective androgenic reuptake inhibitor).
    "As long as you still view the stars as something above you, you still lack a viewpoint of knowledge" -Fredrich Nietzche

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Koyaanisqatsi For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (20th April 2018), amor (25th April 2018)

13. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,581 times in 1,719 posts

Not a good idea IMO. There are no shortcuts in life.

and you have to dedicate your almost entire time to it.
    Last edited by East Sun; 19th April 2018 at 21:21.
    Question Everything, always speak truth... Make the best of today, for there may not be a tomorrow!!! But, that's OK because tomorrow never comes, so we have nothing to worry about!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to East Sun For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (20th April 2018)

15. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by Daozen (here)
    “Oh, Fortuna, blind, heedless goddess, I am strapped to your wheel,' Ignatius belched, 'Do not crush me beneath your spokes. Raise me on high, divinity.”

Be warned, readers... this is a rabbit hole. As I write this, I have no idea which way the winds of fortune will blow this thread. Lots of false claims, counter-claims, and over-priced supplements in this field. However, there is some truth here. It's an interesting research area. This thread has some relavence to our muscle wasting discussions in the water fasting thread. Thanks for all your input there, it was interesting.

I only know a little so far. Feel free to add your own research:

- Myostatin inhibits muscle growth. Animals that secrete less myostatin, because of genetic abnormalities or myostatin blocking treatments, become very muscular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myostatin

- Liz Parrish, who (by the looks of her) has sucessfully managed to hold back the aging clock, took a myostatin inhibitor along with a gene therapy that enhanced telomerase. So myostatin inhibition is *one of* the keys to anti-aging.

I would probably go the natural route and use herbs and protocols. But I am not 100% against using a drug if it was well tested. My casual reading shows Myostatin is relatively safe... but who knows?

This is all I know so far.
    The quote above is from the character Ignatius J. Reilly in "A Confederacy of Dunces", one of my favorite books and written about New Orleans and a New Orleanian. Can't recommend it highly enough.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

17. Link to Post #10
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)

The quote above is from the character Ignatius J. Reilly in "A Confederacy of Dunces", one of my favorite books and written about New Orleans and a New Orleanian. Can't recommend it highly enough.
    Yes it's a fantastic book, one of my favourites too, if not my favourite. I read it in 2014. I was even thinking of starting a thread on it.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Koyaanisqatsi (here)
    If your interested just buy yourself some yk11 as a research compound for your pet rat. Incredible myostatin inhibitor being used by thousands . its a sarm(selective androgenic reuptake inhibitor).
    Thanks for that info. this is why I started this thread. Do you have any personal experience you can share? Any side effects?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by A Voice from the Mountains (here)
    Have you tried comparing this data to blood-type diets as explained by Peter D'Adamo?
    I haven't. Blood type diets are interesting but hotly debated. I agree its best to treat the blood in all cases. Focusing on making the blood healthy with lemon juice, iodine and raw foods will help the internal organs. I tens to eat as many raw foods as I can. Seems to help a lot.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

The author, John Kennedy Toole, committed suicide. It wasn't until after that his mother bought the manuscript to a professor at Tulane University, I think, and the rest is history. It won a Pullitzer Prize for writing, I believe.

The main character was actually very similar to someone I dated for a few years back in the early nineties. His name was Lucky. Lucky was different, as well you can imagine!
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

21. Link to Post #12

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

23. Link to Post #13
    United States Avalon Member white wizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,057 times in 267 posts

Epicatechin seems to be the number one supplement for reducing myostatin, but the

studies on humans are few. I know of some people reporting some muscle growth

but its deffinitly nothing that is going to yield substantial results.
    knowledge is key to wisdom as is in keeping an open mind is essential for opening new doors

you once kept closed .

24. The Following User Says Thank You to white wizard For This Post:

25. Link to Post #14
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    The author, John Kennedy Toole, committed suicide. It wasn't until after that his mother bought the manuscript to a professor at Tulane University, I think, and the rest is history. It won a Pullitzer Prize for writing, I believe.

The main character was actually very similar to someone I dated for a few years back in the early nineties. His name was Lucky. Lucky was different, as well you can imagine!
    Yes he commited suicide, sadly. A shame that someone who could write something so funny should take his own life. I would loved to have read a sequel. Ignatius J Reilly in New York would've been an amazing read. I actually noticed a bit of myself in that character. If I'd been born in his time I would've suffered from the same problems. He's basically a star seed who is unable to complete his mission because of lack of discipline, clarity and support networks. One of his main enemies is toxic food. We know that bad food is an issue now, but back then there was no information on poisons in food. I eat well now and workout a lot, but had I been born in 1950s New Orleans, I might not have had access to the right information.

Now its easy to find people who are like minded on Facebook or meetup.com. Back then, it would've been impossible to make a good network. Reading the book made me grateful for the support groups we have created in this century. Without those, I would be as lost as he is. All his fire and revolutionary zeal is lost in the social mileau that surrounds him.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

27. Link to Post #15
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

OK, Ima start copypasting reviews and anecdotes on YK11. Be warned, some of these are from commercial sites, so there are financial interests at stake.

https://moreplatesmoredates.com/yk11-overview/

Quote How To Dose YK11
    I have some experience with YK11, although limited, and I found that 10mg was sufficient to produce the benefits that I was expecting from this compound.

However, I did not play around with the dose, or increase it from that point to see if I could achieve a greater effect without any side effects.

The level of diminishing returns with YK11 (which I would love to tell you if I knew it) is essentially undetermined.

There is no set in stone dosing protocol for YK11, and in fact, it is literally through anecdotal research where it will be determined what the “best” dose is.

You will have to be your own judge, although, 10mg seems to be a very good starting point for most researchers, and my personal experience corresponded with this too.

I have friends who have gone as high as 30mg per day with no negative side effects though, and they definitely made substantial gains in lean muscle mass.

The average being around 10-15 pounds with no apparent increase in their body fat %.

The half-life of YK11 is unknown, so I split all my dosages up as much as I could (I did two 5mg doses per day, once in the morning, once at night).

Nobody knows how long YK11 stays in the blood stream, so keeping levels elevated in the blood as consistently as possible via a multiple dosing strategy spread throughout each day would be ideal.
    Last edited by Daozen; 20th April 2018 at 01:16.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

29. Link to Post #16
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Got to look for side-effects, contraindications and bad experiences too. In this Reddit thread people are talking about fatigue and loss of libido. Oh my!

https://www.reddit.com/r/PEDs/commen...nce_with_yk11/

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

31. Link to Post #17
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Thank God those ridicilis food fight threads have been closed. May they stay closed forever. Hopefully ppl will go out and get some fresh air... hahaha. The change will come from Engineers, not Politicians.

Remember, we are in the dangerzone here, dear readers. Take the wrong steroid and your family jewels shrink. I am probably going to look at the YK11 research, and look for nutraceutical precursors/co-factors/herbs. White Wizard mentions green tea extract can help.

Typing in YK11 experiences brings up posts like this:

In Italics for your reading pleasure:

Training exp 8 yrs. 24 yrs old
    starting weight 180, ending weight 195.
    Height 5'9

12 week sarm cycle composed of
    Week 1-4 ostarine, 5-8 lgd and 9-12 yk11 followed by clomid 50,25,25.

Heres my experience for those interested.
    (No test base was used, solo sarm run)

The first 8 weeks I ate high carbs, moderate protein and low fats.
    The last four I switched to low carb (under 100g) followed by high protein and high fats.

Week 1-4: Ostarine 10 mg only hunger, 20 mg good strength gains and 30mg was my sweet spot. Strength and well being was awesome. 40mg virtually no difference from 30mg but night sweats and intense hunger.

Week 5-8 lgd. Pumps were amazing and I wanted to train for volume. Felt like i could go on and on! 10mg felt same as 5mg except it tanked my libido. 15 mg gave me a little of a mental edge and tanked my libido. (Yes I pushed through lethargy) I personally felt waaay stronger using osta.

Week 9-12 yk 11 baby!
    Dosage was 5mg pre workout the first week. Strength and pumps were there. Week two i bumped it to 5mg at 10am and 5mg at 4pm pre workout. My libido and strength went through the roof( idk why) Week 3 I followed week 2 protocol except doubled the dosage. Hunger was baaad! And I had retard endurance/strength at all times. Despite being low carb I looked full and the weight scale wasnt moving down. It seemed I was getting leaner and stronger. (Why I feel this isnt a sarm) Week 4 i went back to 10mg a day. Followed by pct.

All in all my lgd tanked my libido and made me lethargic. Yk somehow brought It back. Mg per mg i feel yk owns lgd its not even funny. I had zero dht issues or joint issues. Osta makes you feel great. Took it once a day in the AM and 30mg felt
    Awesome for me. Oh one thing I forgot to mention. I had muscle spasms all the time
    With yk in my shoulders. Could have been the change to a low carb diet
    Hope the info helps someone 💪🏻
    Last edited by Daozen; 20th April 2018 at 00:39.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

33. Link to Post #18
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

One of the biggest problems I've seen with steroids is lack of libido + hair loss. This has always made me terrified of them... You take them to get bigger and (among other things) make yourself more attractive to women... and then your libido doesn't work. The irony . So I never took them... However, we are in the middle of a healing Rennaisance, and I am open to the possibility that there are some obscure substances that may improve health. I am wary, but here we know that Iodine, Turpentine. MSM, MMS, Vit C and Magnesium can drastically improve health. What else lies waiting for diligent, cautious researchers?

The dosage of Myostatin inhibitors that Liz Parrish is taking is (I guess) much lower than bodybuilders.

As always, all posts and anecdotes copied here should be surrounded by GIANT RED FLAGS!!!. Hopefully we have enough brainpower here to sort through the claims and counter claims at a relaxed and patient pace.

Onward:

https://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...e-1334693.html

Quote Hcgenerate and unleashed together is crazy for libido. The pharmaceuticals you mentioned would be counter productive for your libido other than caber but why the hell would you run that unless you're attempting to lower prolactin?

unleashed is great for libido.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

35. Link to Post #19
    United States Avalon Member white wizard's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,057 times in 267 posts

SARMS are safer than pro hormones especially the methylated ones but tend to not do

much in long term muscle growth IMO. Most myostatin inhibitors are hit and miss from

what I have personally read about. If you ever do a pct throw in some laxogenin that

stuff will put on 4lbs of muscle and help u look full while coming off cycle. but gains

can be addictive and when the sarms stop doing anything you'll either have to just

maintain what u got or move up to the big boy stuff. I started with sarms n now

im on test e, deca, d bol, and getting ready to play with insulin and growth hormone in my

my next cycle body building is a science a supplements are just one part.
    knowledge is key to wisdom as is in keeping an open mind is essential for opening new doors

you once kept closed .

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to white wizard For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (20th April 2018), Daozen (20th April 2018)

37. Link to Post #20
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks

Ahaha! Now we are striking gold, readers. I saw a recommendation for a product calle HCGenerate. I have no idea if the testimonials are sincere, paid marketers, or whatever. I googled it, and found that Stinging Nettle Root is part of the formula. So now we know one of the herbal factors of performance enhancing supplements.

Unsure of the rules regarding linking to other forums. I asked moderators a year ago if it was OK to link to Longecity, they said yes. If there's something I missed plz PM me. TIV.

https://www.elitefitness.com/forum/a...g-1243793.html

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Daozen For This Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast