Thanks
    Thanked 5,466 times in 762 posts

Default Puerto Rico: Electrical blackout hits entirety of island territory

Puerto Rico: Electrical blackout hits entirety of island territory

Published: Apr 18, 2018 1:44 p.m. ET

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pu...ory-2018-04-18
    By
    MarketWatch

Nearly seven months after Hurricane Maria left Puerto Rico facing island-wide electrical blackouts and shortages of water and other basics including medical supplies, the Unites States territory has again been plunged into powerlessness.

It’s the first island-wide blackout since the storm struck on Sept. 20, and officials were saying it could be 24 to 36 hours before power is restored for the electrical utility’s 1.4 million customers, according to the Associated Press.

The entirety of the territory has not yet had power restored after the September disaster. The AP put at 40,000 the number of energy customers who have not been reconnected to the power grid.

The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, charged with overseeing federal power-restoration efforts, has, according to the AP, said it hopes to have the island completely energized by May.

The AP reported being told that officials were investigating the cause of Wednesday’s blackout.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ramus For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th April 2018), Cardillac (18th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (18th April 2018), Franny (19th April 2018), ghostrider (19th April 2018), jjjones (18th April 2018), justntime2learn (18th April 2018), Kryztian (18th April 2018), Michelle Marie (19th April 2018), mountain_jim (19th April 2018), Nasu (18th April 2018), Noelle (18th April 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th April 2018), toppy (18th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,188 times in 1,661 posts

Default Re: Puerto Rico: Electrical blackout hits entirety of island territory

my heart goes out to the Puerto Ricans- may they soon be able to lead normal lives again-

but if my read sources are correct not only the IRS has its headquarters in Puerto Rico but the Federal Reserve as well (contrary to what we've been told-am not sure if my sources are correct)- but, BUT if true maybe the power outages (at the expense of innocent normal Puerto Rican citizens) is an attack against the Federal Reserve/IRS due to a supposed purge against these 2 insitutions-

who knows?- but I find it rather strange that the US Army Corps of Engineers can't fix this problem until may (if true)-

obviously complete speculation on my part (if one is to assume there is a purge against the global elite according to my read sources)-

take care all-

Larry

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

Bill Ryan (18th April 2018), Franny (19th April 2018), jjjones (20th April 2018), justntime2learn (19th April 2018), KiwiElf (19th April 2018), Kryztian (18th April 2018), Michelle Marie (19th April 2018), Noelle (18th April 2018), Sunny-side-up (19th April 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 457,514 times in 32,788 posts

No conspiracy. No attack on the Fed or the IRS. (Are they really in Puerto Rico? Maybe not the best place for a critical US organization to hang out after Hurricane Maria)
    ~~~
    An electrical contractor working to restore power in Puerto Rico accidentally knocked out a major transmission line on Wednesday, leaving the entire island without power nearly seven months after Hurricane Maria destroyed the electrical grid.

It could take up to 36 hours to restore electricity to nearly 1.5 million affected customers, the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority said.

Justo González, the agency’s chief operating officer, said the outage occurred after a bulldozer operated by a subcontractor, working to pick up a fallen tower in a rural area, got too close to a high-voltage line. The resulting electrical fault had a domino effect at power plants across the south, where the bulk of the island’s power is generated.

The subcontractor has been fired, Mr. González said in a telephone interview. “I’m angry. This is the second time in a row,” he said. “I give the people of Puerto Rico my word: We are going to restore power to every last house.”

It was the second widespread failure in less than a week, underscoring just how fragile Puerto Rico’s electricity remains since the storm hit on Sept. 20. In the earlier failure on Thursday, about 870,000 customers lost power across the island after a tree fell on the main line to the capital, San Juan. The city’s main public hospital and international airport were forced to switch to backup generators.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Franny (19th April 2018), jjjones (20th April 2018), justntime2learn (19th April 2018), KiwiElf (19th April 2018), Michelle Marie (19th April 2018), mountain_jim (19th April 2018), ramus (19th April 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,413 times in 3,425 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    No conspiracy. No attack on the Fed or the IRS. (Are they really in Puerto Rico? Maybe not the best place for a critical US organization to hang out after Hurricane Maria)
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Federal Reserve used Puerto Rico to circumvent some federal laws that only apply to states, but there is no evidence of that I can find.

One thing I find strange about the Fed and Puerto Rico, is that Puerto Rico is part of the 2nd district, which is based in New York city. It consists of New York, northern New Jersey, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands. A strange grouping of states.

Right now, Puerto Rico is like Greece with debt so crippling it is strangling the life's blood out of every one there. Let me guess that much of this debt traces back to New York banks and the Federal Reserve is the vehicle that helps the vampire squid do it's work. How convenient that all this stays within the 2nd district so that the tentacles don't have to dangle into another district.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kryztian For This Post:

Bill Ryan (19th April 2018), Franny (19th April 2018), jjjones (20th April 2018), Michelle Marie (19th April 2018), ramus (19th April 2018), sunwings (19th April 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,119 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    ~~~
    An electrical contractor working to restore power in Puerto Rico accidentally knocked out a major transmission line on Wednesday, leaving the entire island without power nearly seven months after Hurricane Maria destroyed the electrical grid.

It could take up to 36 hours to restore electricity to nearly 1.5 million affected customers, the Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority said.

Justo González, the agency’s chief operating officer, said the outage occurred after a bulldozer operated by a subcontractor, working to pick up a fallen tower in a rural area, got too close to a high-voltage line. The resulting electrical fault had a domino effect at power plants across the south, where the bulk of the island’s power is generated.

The subcontractor has been fired, Mr. González said in a telephone interview. “I’m angry. This is the second time in a row,” he said. “I give the people of Puerto Rico my word: We are going to restore power to every last house.”

It was the second widespread failure in less than a week, underscoring just how fragile Puerto Rico’s electricity remains since the storm hit on Sept. 20. In the earlier failure on Thursday, about 870,000 customers lost power across the island after a tree fell on the main line to the capital, San Juan. The city’s main public hospital and international airport were forced to switch to backup generators.
    Yup Bill.

This shows how easy it is to knock out an entire Electrical grid system.
    How easy it could be for a worker in such a system to have 2 wages as well o.0.
    I am just suspicious of the system as a whole now, the slightest cause to think foul play my mind takes it, such are the times we live in.

Hope all the population gets a stable power supply soon.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

justntime2learn (19th April 2018), KiwiElf (19th April 2018), Kryztian (20th April 2018), Michelle Marie (19th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread