+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast

Thread: Cistus Incanus - a most interesting Tea

1. Link to Post #1
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Lightbulb Cistus Incanus - a most interesting Tea

I had heard of Cistus about a year ago and didn't at that time follow-up with obtaining some and testing..

Having come across a thread which doesn't specifically explore Cistus, I thought I would start to describe my personal observations having now used it as tea for a few days..

(ref thread: https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1218171)

Cistus Incanus - reference: http://labdanum-creta.blogspot.com/2...rose-menu.html

Interesting flavor and aroma when made into a TEA.

The teabags are available on the net, I found mine thru Amazon. Bulk 200 teabags.

Steep 8-10 minutes in a cup of very hot, not quite boiling water (water without impurities such as chlorine, fluoride, etc..)

It turns out a pale yellow orange.

Taking a wiff of it, it reminds me of honeysuckle, and sweet alfalfa.. A slight amount of musk-like aroma.. A nice perfumy like note comes off the vapors.

There was a slight combination of both sweetness and sourness, but very slight. By nature one would not have to sweeten or add more sour.. but each taste may be different.

The first cup I thought I would try a slight amount of sweetener based on the net recommendations of previous users..

Not bad, and the taste of a sweet alfalfa concentrate came thru pretty strongly to me.. The aroma continued to stay around as the cup slowly cooled.

I had a sip and waited.. Waiting to see if there were any adverse reactions.. What I noticed first was all the film on my teeth seemed to fade away.. I read up and found indeed Cistus Incanus tea will remove biofilms (which allow bacteria to hide from the immune system).

Would there be any sedation or excitement? No.. If anything after the cup was finished I found my memory seemed to be working better. As I could recall better breakfast or dinner from last nite quite easily, and being able to recall/re-experience video's or stills or re-play music seemed to be easier.

I was interested in addressing a cough which has been coming on and off - it usually does during when springtime hits, due to the molds, plants starting to bloom (trees/grasses)..

And I noticed the mucous layer and biofilm in the mouth and throat starting to fade away.. And a clearer breathing, swallowing, and less in general allergy swelling.

Went to bed with no issues, felt great, didn't have any need for chamomile or anything like that.

(I am still using my magnesium bicarbonate and taurine, no bloating or any uncomfortable changes with the Cistus Incanus tea).

What's the reported benefits?

Addressing inflammation - inflammation left unchecked can damage the body.
    Helping the immune system - dealing with viruses, fungus, bacteria, and infections from said.
    Others have reported drinking a cup of Cistus Incanus tea will help with reducing food cravings.
    Helping in reducing the damage from stress - both stress hormones and muscle fatigue.

I like the taste. It is very different than what normally expects from a tea.. the perfumy experience is like what one gets when drinking a lavender/lilac/violet aroma enhanced tea. Although the Cistus Incanus aroma so much reminds me of sweet alfalfa..

More to come..

2. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Cistus Incanus - a most interesting Tea

Honestly, sounds pretty nice so far. I like the anti-inflammatory properties described and the other benefits, as described. From where is this rose originally? Crete?
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

3. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (20th April 2018), dynamo (21st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2018), Jean-Marie (24th April 2018), kanishk (20th April 2018), Stephanie (23rd April 2018), WhiteFeather (20th April 2018), Yvanka (21st April 2018)

4. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    Honestly, sounds pretty nice so far. I like the anti-inflammatory properties described and the other benefits, as described. From where is this rose originally? Crete?
    Anywhere in the Mediterranean. Crete has a nice varient

http://chypre-perfume.blogspot.com/

Quote Health Benefits & Modern Medicinal uses

This plant is an aromatic, expectorant, stimulant herb that controls bleeding and has antibiotic effects. It is used internally in the treatment of catarrh and diarrhoea.

Rock Rose tea is three times as healthy as green tea and elderberry juice. It protects the heart four times better than red wine and it is an antioxidant twenty times stronger than freshly pressed lemon juice.

Just a cup of tea a day is proven to stimulate the immune system significantly.
    and

Quote detoxifies the body and eliminates toxic heavy metals deriving from the smoke of cigarettes, dental fillings and environmental pollution. In addition, rock rose flower is a key ingredient in a homeopathic treatment, especially for stress.

Presently, resin’s main use is in perfume industry, as a fixative substance. It is often used in making cosmetic creams, because of its anti-wrinkle properties and shampoos, as it strengthens the hair follicle.
    and

Quote The most outstanding effect of Rock Rose is its wound healing abilities. It used in any blend for healing skin issues, new or old scars, wounds, inflammation and infections. It is wonderful in blends for mature skin. It is a great anti-inflammatory and has a penetrating, deep aroma that opens up the senses.

The secret of these incredible versatile effects of the rockrose herb is the particularly high level of vitamin P, as well as certain tannic acid compounds or what we call polyphenols.
    "The oleoresin labdanum from Cistus creticus was used in ancient Greece as incense, anti-infective, and wound treatment.

"On Crete, the main production center since antiquity, it is brushed off the leaves with long textile strings. After the Ottoman conquest of Crete 1645, Western Europe imported Spanish labdanum prepared by hot water extraction of aerial parts of Cistus ladanifer."

Having another cup with dinner right now

Additional reported benefits deal with the LYME Disease infection.. (and seems to repel ticks and fleas naturally)..

5. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

Ooooh. I love tea. I'm cutting out soda, and need to be sipping on something constantly now as the addiction wears off. It's been hell.

Hopefully this helps a bit!

Adding this one to my repertoire for sure. Sounds lovely.

(Not going to lie, though, I was secretly hoping this to be a 'special' tea)

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bob (20th April 2018), dynamo (21st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2018), kanishk (20th April 2018), Stephanie (23rd April 2018), WhiteFeather (21st April 2018), Yvanka (21st April 2018)

7. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

I used to love drinking English & Irish Breakfast, Ceylon, Oolong, etc.
    Now I drink only herbal teas because I not only can't deal with caffeine, but because of my TMJ, cannot tolerate tannic acid, in which my favorite caffeinated teas are also high.
    I wish I could find an organic, decaffeinated tea that is also low in tannic acid.
    I tried a decaf White tea which is supposed to be low in tannic acid, but it still made me hyper, and made my jaws hurt (which is what tannic acid does).
    I will keep trying, because I miss my cuppa morning comfort!

Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bob (20th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2018), Stephanie (23rd April 2018), WhiteFeather (21st April 2018), Yvanka (21st April 2018)

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,677 times in 283 posts

Quote Posted by Bob (here)

Taking a wiff of it, it reminds me of honeysuckle, and sweet alfalfa.. A slight amount of musk-like aroma.. A nice perfumy like note comes off the vapors.

There was a slight combination of both sweetness and sourness, but very slight. By nature one would not have to sweeten or add more sour.. but each taste may be different.

The first cup I thought I would try a slight amount of sweetener based on the net recommendations of previous users..

Not bad, and the taste of a sweet alfalfa concentrate came thru pretty strongly to me.. The aroma continued to stay around as the cup slowly cooled.

I had a sip and waited.. Waiting to see if there were any adverse reactions..
    Bob that was one helleva tea review! I would definitely read a whole book just you reviewing all kinds of teas from all over the world!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jad For This Post:

Basho (21st April 2018), Bob (20th April 2018), dynamo (21st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2018), Stephanie (23rd April 2018), WhiteFeather (21st April 2018), Yvanka (21st April 2018)

11. Link to Post #7
    Australia Avalon Member Zanshin's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,522 times in 268 posts

onawah, would rooibos tea do the trick?

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zanshin For This Post:

Bob (20th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2018), onawah (20th April 2018), Stephanie (23rd April 2018), WhiteFeather (21st April 2018)

13. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Well, I ordered some. Thank's Bob. I don't have any of the "issues" it purportedly helps, other than my continuing battle with cigarettes. But I did have some minor surgery and am looking forward to seeing if it helps with the wound healing.

Aside from all that, I love flowers and adore "roses", so my intuition said to try it.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (20th April 2018), dynamo (21st April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2018), Stephanie (23rd April 2018), WhiteFeather (21st April 2018), Yvanka (21st April 2018)

15. Link to Post #9
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Day two into day 3.

Skin is getting clear of little inflammations, or follicles that were harbouring yuckies.. What appears is there is a better action in the capillaries around each follicle, allowing for better nutrition as well as getting fluid out of the skin. The lymphatic system seems more activated, and what is great for me, that night cough and early morning congestion is fading away. No need to have a mucous thinning 'drug'.

The aches and pains in the joints, and tendons are less. No stiff neck in the morning. And there is a deep seated full body 'relaxation' where tension over the day is released. If one needs to have energy to get up and 'go' it most certainly can be done to kick the body in gear. No sluggishness that some sedative teas may do.

Quote Jad:
    Bob that was one helleva tea review! I would definitely read a whole book just you reviewing all kinds of teas from all over the world!
    Thanks Jad, I really like sharing experiences and data when it can help the group. What I write I write from the heart, and use my mind to add the logic. Hopefully it comes out in an understandable way. Writing on medical and science using that method can be done. It's just the willingness to reach-out and share

16. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Well, I ordered some. Thank's Bob. I don't have any of the "issues" it purportedly helps, other than my continuing battle with cigarettes. But I did have some minor surgery and am looking forward to seeing if it helps with the wound healing.

Aside from all that, I love flowers and adore "roses", so my intuition said to try it.
    There is some data that it will help with clearing out toxicity from cigarettes. It is possible that if it can help with hunger cravings, it may help with the nicotine cravings. I bet there is a combination of herbals that can be put together to totally deal with any type of physical addictions. I have a lot of data on African plants that I am eager to develop into useful applications. One step at a time I think, can be helpful.. First hand data from regional Shaman.. I don't have Amazonian yet, that is next on my quest..

Did you try the loose variant or the teabag?

17. Link to Post #11
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Now I drink only herbal teas because I not only can't deal with caffeine, but because of my TMJ, cannot tolerate tannic acid, in which my favorite caffeinated teas are also high.
    I wish I could find an organic, decaffeinated tea that is also low in tannic acid.
    I tried a decaf White tea which is supposed to be low in tannic acid, but it still made me hyper, and made my jaws hurt (which is what tannic acid does).

I can't say decaf is my 'cuppa tea'... I just don't like what may be going on besides the caffeine being depleted..

This Cistus Incanus, Onawah, may be good to deal with TMJ. The stress relaxation seems pretty darned good. I have had TMJ on and off. I haven't since starting this Tea. It's a deep seated relaxation or like "inner peace" that kicks in.. It probably would be great with those practicing meditations. It would be good to see if this Tea works with helping clearing anxiety and/or panic attacks.

Seems to me if the muscles are hyper-tensed up this Tea could help relieve that, and without sedation, or without any specific brain-zapping chemical. Panic and anxiety free? That sounds wonderful if it is an additional characteristic of the Tea consumption.

This is about the color of the brew when using highly filtered water. With tap water the color of the tea is darker..

18. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,091 times in 20,639 posts

I know that Swiss Water Process decaf coffee is clean and safe (otherwise chemicals are used, I believe), and there are teas from which the caffeine is removed with just water, too, I think. Again, it's the taste of the traditional (mostly "black") teas that I miss (and the cream and honey that I like to add). But an herbal tea that would help with TMJ is certainly worth a try if only for the medicinal effects. Thanks Bob.
    Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    I can't say decaf is my 'cuppa tea'... I just don't like what may be going on besides the caffeine being depleted..

This Cistus Incanus, Onawah, may be good to deal with TMJ. The stress relaxation seems pretty darned good. I have had TMJ on and off. I haven't since starting this Tea. It's a deep seated relaxation or like "inner peace" that kicks in.. It probably would be great with those practicing meditations. It would be good to see if this Tea works with helping clearing anxiety and/or panic attacks.

Seems to me if the muscles are hyper-tensed up this Tea could help relieve that, and without sedation, or without any specific brain-zapping chemical. Panic and anxiety free? That sounds wonderful if it is an additional characteristic of the Tea consumption.

This is about the color of the brew when using highly filtered water. With tap water the color of the tea is darker..
    Thanks Zanshin. I am going to try that, but from my experience, the only thing that tastes like the kind of tea that most people drink (with caffeine and tannic acid) is the kind that has the flavor I crave, and I have never found an herbal tea that tastes like that.
    Quote Posted by Zanshin (here)
    onawah, would rooibos tea do the trick?
    Each breath a gift...

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Bob (20th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th April 2018), WhiteFeather (21st April 2018), Yvanka (21st April 2018), Zanshin (23rd July 2018)

20. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)
    Ooooh. I love tea. I'm cutting out soda, and need to be sipping on something constantly now as the addiction wears off. It's been hell.

Hopefully this helps a bit!

Adding this one to my repertoire for sure. Sounds lovely.

(Not going to lie, though, I was secretly hoping this to be a 'special' tea)
    I think this Tea is a good choice for coming off any particular habit. I have a feeling it can work with sugar cravings, getting them handled without a strong body crash. Normally at "tea time" during the day I'd be feeling a need for a pick-me-up to get over the later afternoon sleepytime desire.. I didn't find any sleepytime kicking in, as I was feeling unstressed - I assume the sleepytime kicks in so that the body has a way to detox during the day, sorta forcing it to 'relax' otherwise...

If one is not used to a perfume-like aroma, this Tea will definitely seem 'different'.. One accustomed to herbal teas may find this Tea as a nice change. Peace of Mind are the words that appear when I think about the overall experience. The taste and aroma is distinct.. It's not a weak herbal. Each sip holds a continual aroma and flavour.. I like it better than the tannins.
    Last edited by Bob; 20th April 2018 at 16:55.

21. Link to Post #14
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

I'll try some cream and honey today to see what it is like and report.

Quote Onawah:
    Again, it's the taste of the traditional (mostly "black") teas that I miss (and the cream and honey that I like to add).
    As the Tea has already a honeysuckle flavour, the guess is, it will be good.. The sweet alfalfa is the main note.

I'd like to try the honey and lemon addition at one point too.. I am tempted to try a little bit of blueberry concentrate at one point..

The taste by itself seems OK to me, without any additional flavouring.

22. Link to Post #15
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

Thanks for this info Bob, I just may give it a go, sounds interesting. Appreciate the input from all. I may utilize it for inflammation and detoxing. I could use a jolt of some brain food too.
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 21st April 2018 at 12:19.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

Bob (21st April 2018), Valerie Villars (21st April 2018)

24. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by WhiteFeather (here)
    Thanks for this info Bob, I just may give it a go, sounds interesting. Appreciate the input from all. I may utilize it for inflammation and detoxing. I could use a jolt of some brain food too.
    Thanks for the good thoughts

I decided to try an experiment with the Tea brewing yesterday. I left the teabag in for a full half hour.. The color didn't change much but there was a bit of dissolved solids (a slight cloudy) in the liquid. My cup size by the way is a full pint.

I would have thought the tea would have been stronger in aroma..

But it seemed that the "aroma" was now apparently bound to the dissolved solids. Tasting it, it was measurably sweet all by itself.. The Tea had a more full bodied sensation. No sweetener needed. No cream needed.. No honey needed.. I think, adding anything when the Tea has been brewed to be so full bodied, would be an excessive overload. It was very good either warm or cooled to room temperature at that concentration.

Viewing the walls of the clear glass cup after the Tea was consumed, I noticed there was a hint of a fine white coating, which I assume is a small amount of the concentrated contents or "extract" of the Cistus Incanus. It's obvious then the extraction process of brewing is working.

The feeling throughout the evening was delightful. Mellow. Looking at the skin on the arms and legs, face, there most certainly appears to be a benefit. Overall, softer with lesser wrinkles.

Personal feeling.. I missed the fragrant aroma when it was over-steeped. My assumption is one may want to try the 8-10 minutes steeping time for a cup (or try a pint of water as I do). And pull the tea-ball or teabag, and if just a single cup (not a pint) is being used, re-use the teabag two more times (for a total of 3 cups produced).

If it is too strong a perfume-like aroma, let it steep the full half hour which will quell the perfume and increase the natural sweetness.

This can be a delicate Tea or a full bodied Tea, depending on how long it steeps it seems.

I am still going to try the 8-10 minutes with an addition of honey and cream.. That's on my mid morning Tea break for today

25. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Excellent thread, thanks! Dr Dietrich Klinghardt who is a true living genius in the realm of chronic health issues is adamant that it's one of the very few things on Earth that can actually break up Biofilm which is where chronic infections hide and defend themselves. Worth a listen to him here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLJOfHcPkhk

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AxisMundi For This Post:

Alekahn2 (3rd June 2018), Bob (21st April 2018), onawah (22nd April 2018), Stephanie (23rd April 2018), Valerie Villars (21st April 2018)

27. Link to Post #18
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Exactly AxisMundi

The biofilms - couple a biofilm bacteria, plus a fungi secreting a cellular degrading toxin, and a virus inducing mutation, and one can get a cancerous inducing environment.. Stop the cycle by interfering with the virus/bacteria/fungi/biofilm and the cancerous inducing environment is deviated from its devastating outcome.

I tried the creme and honey with a 9 minute brewing time today; the teabag steeped in a pint of almost boiling water. Aroma was about the same and it tasted about the same as before.

First thing I added was one ounce of creme/milk in a half and half dilution. I had a taste. Hmm.. where did the aroma go? Where did the noteworthy Cistus flavor go? hmm..

I next added a teaspoon full of clover Honey. Stirred really well. And tested the aroma.. Clover honey aroma was present, and something else.. hmm, what is it?? Ahhh fresh corn - the aroma from the corn silk was the new aroma !

OK - tasting it.. Well.. OK, like having creme of corn.. well not really, but... just trying to put a taste on the resultant combination --- that's amazing, and with one teaspoon of Honey the sweetness to me is almost over-powering.. I tried to find the Cistus perfume aroma and couldn't find it.

I did think about having some raspberry crumpets tho ! A craving for smoked salmon hit shortly thereafter.. Visions of wandering through the culinary delights at Harrods befell me.. - https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/restau...a/the-tea-room I had to catch my breath..

Ahhh, I better just stick with the plain Cistus Incanus tea..

28. Link to Post #19
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

A brain boost? I noticed that I started having what seemed like to me, better memory.. It was pretty fast for me to notice a change for the positive..

Cistus Incanus Tea is reported rich in substances called "polyphenols"..

So I took a look to see what polyphenols are reported to do with brain function, memory..

Quote The neuroprotective actions of dietary Polyphenols involve a number of effects within the brain, including a potential to protect neurons against injury induced by neurotoxins, an ability to suppress neuroinflammation, and the potential to promote memory, learning, and cognitive function.
    Excessive Oxidative stress, and neurotoxicity are two conditions that can happen when one's diet isn't optimal or if there are underlying diseases present. White blood cells for instance need to create damaging "free radicals" to be able to digest foreign invaders. And then those toxic substances have to be safely disposed. If they are not, they will build up as wastes.. A waste build-up is toxicity..

Cistus Incanus Tea then containing substances such as Polyphenols can neutralize the excess "free radicals". The oxidative stress left unchecked, then can also damage the body's stores of fats, proteins, and even DNA itself.

And researching oxidative stress and learning and memory - the answer is most definitely. (over 900,000 references on those keywords)

Being able to reduce neural-oxidative-stress then seems to be quite important in getting a memory boost..

Quote Oxidative stress is an important factor to the development of learning and memory impairment, which is known as the state of imbalance between the antioxidant level and the production of free radicals that induces the brain damage.
    So no doubt to me, the Cistus Incanus Tea was indeed helping with memory issues.

references - do a keyword search as follows: https://www.google.com/search?num=30...ry+polyphenols

An interesting article on Cistus Incanus Tea and HIV viruses - (protection from) - https://www.researchgate.net/publica...elope_proteins

Quote ..] we demonstrate that Cistus incanus (Ci) herbal products inhibit human immunodeciency virus (HIV) infections in vitro. Ci extract inhibited clinical HIV-1 and HIV-2 isolates, and, importantly, a virus isolate with multiple drug resistances, conrming broad anti-HIV activity.

and

Ci extracts also inhibited infection by virus particles pseudotyped with Ebola and Marburg virus envelope proteins, indicating that antiviral activity of Ci extract extends to emerging viral pathogens.

These results demonstrate that Ci extracts show potent and broad in vitro antiviral activity against viruses that cause life-threatening diseases in humans and are promising sources of agents that target virus particles.

29. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

There is some data that it will help with clearing out toxicity from cigarettes. It is possible that if it can help with hunger cravings, it may help with the nicotine cravings. I bet there is a combination of herbals that can be put together to totally deal with any type of physical addictions. I have a lot of data on African plants that I am eager to develop into useful applications. One step at a time I think, can be helpful.. First hand data from regional Shaman.. I don't have Amazonian yet, that is next on my quest..

Did you try the loose variant or the teabag?
    I ordered the bags because they were much less expensive, initially. After I do my own test, based on your excellent research, I'll decide if I should continue and if so, I'll get the loose stuff because it's more cost effective.
    Last edited by Valerie Villars; 23rd April 2018 at 12:56.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bob (23rd April 2018), Ol' Roy (24th April 2018), onevoice (24th April 2018), Stephanie (23rd April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 3 LastLast