Thread: DNC to 'sue' Russian Government | Craig Murray - April 24th 2018

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,994 times in 5,554 posts

Default DNC to 'sue' Russian Government | Craig Murray - April 24th 2018

"It is beyond doubt that Hillary, who cannot open her mouth without denouncing Russia for causing her own entirely self-inflicted failure – would be taking the new Cold War to even worse extremes than it has already reached, to the delight of the military-industrial complex and her Wall Street friends." - Craig Murray

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a mind boggling and staggering new twist in this quite remarkable series of events Craig Murray yesterday reported in his blog that, apparently, if you can believe this, the DNC are to sue the Russian Government and some other well known individuals. This is somewhat brazen I think.

Probably two of the most startling names to appear here are Joseph Mifsud, along with Roger Stone. As Elizabeth Vos' article outlined pretty clearly, my view is that this may be a terrible idea for the DNC and in trying to single out, amongst others, Joseph Mifsud, is likely I would have thought to backfire, and big-time.

Hillary and Co. may just have opened a can-of-worms here.

My oh my, I'm actually a little lost for words.

Here's Craig's article in full and a link here to a previous mention of Joseph Mifsud for reference purposes (Tintin Q)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No Remorse For Hillary
    24 Apr, 2018 in Uncategorized by craig

I am hopeful that the commendable discovery process involved in US litigation will bring to light further details of the genesis of Christopher Steele’s ludicrous dossier on Trump/Russia, and may even give some clues as to whether Sergei Skripal and/or his handler Pablo Miller were involved in its contents.

The decision by the Democratic National Committee to sue the Russian Government, Wikileaks, Julian Assange personally and the Trump campaign is an act of colossal hubris. It is certain to reveal still more details of the deliberate fixing of the primary race against Bernie Sanders, over which five DNC members, including the Chair, were forced to resign. It will also lead to the defendants being able to forensically examine the DNC servers to prove they were not hacked – something which astonishingly the FBI refused to do, being instead content to take the word of the DNC’s own private cyber security firm, Crowdstrike. Unless those servers have been wiped completely (as Hillary did to her private email server) I know that is not going to go well for the DNC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	00.0NoRemorseForHillary_Murray.png
Views:	39
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	37635

I cannot better Glenn Greenwald’s article on why it is a terrible idea to sue Wikileaks for publishing leaked documents – it sets a precedent which could be used to constrain media from ever publishing anything given them by whistle-blowers. It is an astonishingly illiberal thing to undertake. Nor is it politically wise.

The media has done its very best to ignore as far as possible the actual content of the leaks of DNC material, and rather to concentrate on the wild accusations of how they were obtained. But the fundamental crookedness revealed in the emails is bound to get some sort of airing, not least as the basis of a public interest defence.

I have often been asked if I regret my association with Wikileaks, given they are held responsible for the election of Donald Trump. My answer is that I feel no remorse at all.

Hillary Clinton lost because she was an appalling candidate. A multi-millionaire, neo-con warmonger with the warmth and empathy of a three week dead haddock and an eye for the interests of Wall Street, who regarded ordinary voters as “deplorables” (a term she used not just once, but frequently at fund-raisers with the mega-wealthy). Hillary Clinton conspired with the machine that was supposed to be neutrally running the primaries, to fix the primaries against Bernie Sanders.

The opinion polls regularly showed that Sanders would beat Trump, and that the only Democratic candidate who Trump could beat was Clinton. Egomania and a massive sense of entitlement nevertheless led her not just to persist to get the candidacy, but persist to rig the candidacy. She then proceeded to ignore major urban working class battleground states in her campaign against Trump and focus on more glamorous places. In short, Hillary was corrupt rubbish. Full stop, and not remotely Wikileaks’ fault.

Wikileaks did not go out to get the evidence against Hillary. They were given it. Should they have withheld the knowledge of the rigging of the field against Bernie Sanders from the American people, to let Clinton benefit from the corruption? For me that is a no-brainer. It would have been a gross moral dereliction to have done so. It is also the case that Wikileaks can only publish what they are given. Had they been given dirt on Trump, they would have published. But they were not given any leaks on Trump.

Wikileaks did not go out to get the evidence against Hillary. They were given it. Should they have withheld the knowledge of the rigging of the field against Bernie Sanders from the American people, to let Clinton benefit from the corruption? For me that is a no-brainer. It would have been a gross moral dereliction to have done so. It is also the case that Wikileaks can only publish what they are given. Had they been given dirt on Trump, they would have published. But they were not given any leaks on Trump.

I should put in an aside here which might surprise you. I like Anthony Weiner. I have never met him, but I watched the amazing 2016 fly on the wall documentary Weiner and he came across as a person of genuine goodwill, passion and commitment, undermined by what is very obviously a pathological illness. I realise that was not the general reaction, but it was mine.

But – and now I am going to really annoy people – I have to say that from an international perspective, rather than an American domestic perspective, I am also not in the slightest convinced that Trump has been worse for the World than Clinton would have been. Trump has not, to date, initiated any new military intervention or substantially increased any military conflict during his Presidency. In fact his current actions more closely match his words about non-intervention during his election campaign, than do his current words. Despite hawkish posturing, he has not substantially increased American military intervention in Syria.

My reading of the reported chemical weapon attack on Douma is this. Whether it was a false flag chemical attack, a pro-Assad chemical attack, or no chemical attack at all I do not know for sure. But whichever it is, it was used to attempt to get Trump to commit to a major escalation of American involvement in the war in Syria. So far, he has not done that. The American-led missile attack was illegal, but fortunately comparatively restrained, certainly in no way matching Trump’s rhetoric. All the evidence is, and there is a great deal of evidence from Libya and Afghanistan, that Clinton would have been far more aggressive.

That leaves the dichotomy between Trump’s rhetoric and his actions. Certainly there is every sign of a sharp tilt to the neo-cons, His apparent preference in his press conference with Macron today for an extended presence of France, the former colonial power, and US troops in Syria is deeply troubling. His sacking of the sensible Tillerson from the State Department, and his appointment of the odious John Bolton as National Security Adviser all appear to be terrible signs. But still, nothing has actually happened. There is a reading that Trump is placating the neo-cons with position and rhetoric while his actions – in Syria and in what a hating political class fails to acknowledge has all the makings of a diplomatic coup in North Korea – go in a very different direction.

It is beyond doubt that Hillary, who cannot open her mouth without denouncing Russia for causing her own entirely self-inflicted failure – would be taking the new Cold War to even worse extremes than it has already reached, to the delight of the military-industrial complex and her Wall Street friends. It is open to debate, but I would contend that it is very probable that President Hillary would have launched a major attack on Syria by now, just like she presided over as Secretary of State in Libya.

So my answer is this. Firstly, Clinton caused her own downfall by arrogance, and by failing to grasp the alienation of ordinary people from neo-liberal policies that impoverished them while the rich grew massively richer. Secondly, I strongly suspect that if Hillary were President, more people would be dead now in the Middle East.

So no, I have no regrets at all.
    ————————————————————————
    Last edited by Tintin; 25th April 2018 at 12:17. Reason: Joseph not Roger Mifsud
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

AutumnW (25th April 2018), Baby Steps (25th April 2018), Cara (25th April 2018), Cidersomerset (25th April 2018), Elixir (25th April 2018), Ewan (25th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2018), Hervé (25th April 2018), mountain_jim (25th April 2018), Satori (25th April 2018), wnlight (25th April 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,124 times in 2,678 posts

Default Re: DNC to 'sue' Russian Government | Craig Murray - April 24th 2018

All of the focus on Russia is so stupid. I am so sick of the Democrat's asinine games. Trump probably does have ties to Russian oligarchs. Who cares? It is such a distraction.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AutumnW For This Post:

Cidersomerset (25th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2018), Tintin (25th April 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,648 times in 18,693 posts

The funny thing about this Russian/Hillary farce is that all the 'experts' on the right
    or pro Trump say this is great as it opens the can from both ends. But looking at
    the anti Trump mainstream they are still in this MK ultra fantasy land.

I post more pro than anti Trump segments because they just seem more aligned with
    the truth. I have also posted many CNN,MSNBC , ABC, CBS , NBC ,BBC and others
    that are openly following the deepstate intel propaganda. listening to Tom Perez
    its as if he is in a parallel world and for all the spin and lies going on he just as well be...

Tom Perez on DNC lawsuit: Russian and Trump campaign conspiracy 'abundantly clear to me'

Published on 20 Apr 2018
    In a lawsuit filed Friday, the Democratic National Committee alleges President Trump’s
    campaign, WikiLeaks and the Russian government took part in a massive plot to interfere
    in the 2016 presidential election by releasing stolen DNC emails. Why file the lawsuit while
    special counsel Robert Mueller is still investigating? DNC chairman Tom Perez joins Judy
    Woodruff to discuss the decision.
    Last edited by Cidersomerset; 25th April 2018 at 20:01.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th April 2018), Tintin (25th April 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 79,648 times in 18,693 posts

They discuss the DNC scam law suit at the beginning of this segment....

ROGER STONE: NXIVM, CLINTON STOLE AGAIN!
    - ALEX JONES INFOWARS

Published on 25 Apr 2018

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cidersomerset For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (25th April 2018), Tintin (25th April 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,119 times in 2,425 posts

I have printed and I am in the process of reading and analyzing the complaint that was filed by the DNC.

What kept coming back to me as I wade through the innuendo and very circumstantially-based, attenuated conclusions being drawn from the very sparse "well-pleaded" allegations of fact in the complaint is, why? Why this lawsuit" Why now? What is to be gained?

There is a reason the DNC and its handlers decided to file this lawsuit when and where it did. The "who" being targeted in the complaint is easy enough. The "why", and there are several, is a bit harder to get a handle on.

But this is a chess move, to be sure. They are looking several moves down the board.

Could one "why" relate to what we are hearing about from the likes of Alex Jones and his guest "Zach" regarding a false flag in the USA that we can expect to occur (again) soon? As I understand it, right-wing patriots and liberty-seekers (whatever that means and whoever they are--Trump's "deplorables" most likely)) will pull off a false flag in the USA, like OK City, and try to pin it on "ISIS". However, that pin wont stick and the "right-winger" deplorables will be exposed by the good guys.

Could the timing of this lawsuit have to do with providing another event to point to in order to argue that the right-wingers went off the deep end and did something really crazy in response to the lawsuit? If (when) there is such a false flag, you can be sure that at a minimum there will be more Draconian "laws" passed to keep us all safe.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Alekahn2 (27th April 2018), Cidersomerset (25th April 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th April 2018), Hervé (25th April 2018), Tintin (26th April 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Australian
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,554 times in 2,528 posts

I wouldn't put it past the oligarchs to have now abandoned the DNC in their long game strategies with this latest desperate move simply coming from the remaining DNC patsy die-hards.

All entities/groups would be expendable to oligarchs - tools in their toolbox that get thrown out when rusty and not performing optimally.

I'd be more concerned about watching their (activation of sleeper) infiltration and subsequent exploitation over time of the "group" showing more traction, power, and utility for sustaining their perpetual control agendas.

Personally I'm hoping the recent "check" chess move they experienced with Hillary losing is too big for them to recover from but time will tell if they are seriously cornered and facing "check mate".

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gemma13 For This Post:

Tintin (26th April 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member earthdreamer's Avatar
    Thanks

And the DNC continues to drive away independents and voters who could give a sh*t about "Russia". This is why Bernie supporters jumped ship.
    Earnest local democratic challengers be damned.
    Yeah, the DNC is deeply infected.
    Last edited by earthdreamer; 26th April 2018 at 05:18.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to earthdreamer For This Post:

Tintin (26th April 2018)

+ Reply to Thread