+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sao Paolo Skyscraper Collapse and its Strange Relation to 911

1. Link to Post #1
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,191 times in 2,965 posts

Default Sao Paolo Skyscraper Collapse and its Strange Relation to 911

This is the story:

A 26-storey skyscraper just collapsed in Sao Paolo, Brazil, apparently because of a fire. The fire broke out at 1:30am and the collapse occurred only 2 hours later.

The odd thing about it:
    It seems to be the first steel-framed skyscraper (it must be steel-framed, because the tallest pure stone building is the much shorter Monadnock Building) since 911 that collapsed because of a fire. Usually, steel-framed skyscrapers burn for days but never collapse.

Suspicious circumstances:
    The skyscraper was located in the center of the city and occupied by squatters. Did someone start a fire in the middle of the night to create a cover for a controlled demolition because of an interest in the property?

Or was it maybe something else entirely? It is said that the fire broke out because of a gas leak and explosion. Is a gas explosion capable of bringing down such a skyscraper in the way that it fell?

Does the sound or the style of the collapse reveal anything about its cause?

2. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd May 2018), AndrejPeĉënkin (2nd May 2018), Art (2nd May 2018), avid (2nd May 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (2nd May 2018), Baby Steps (2nd May 2018), Bill Ryan (1st May 2018), DNA (2nd May 2018), Ewan (2nd May 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2018), Inversion (2nd May 2018), Ivanhoe (3rd May 2018), jjjones (2nd May 2018), JRS (2nd May 2018), justntime2learn (2nd May 2018), Justplain (2nd May 2018), Lefty Dave (2nd May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (1st May 2018), meeradas (2nd May 2018), Nasu (1st May 2018), O Donna (1st May 2018), onevoice (2nd May 2018), raregem (2nd May 2018), Satori (2nd May 2018), seko (2nd May 2018), Sunny-side-up (2nd May 2018), toppy (2nd May 2018), yelik (2nd May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,773 times in 4,343 posts

Default Re: Sao Paolo Skyscraper Collapse and its Strange Relation to 911

Frightening footage. It is indeed very rare for a steel-framed building to collapse due to fire. Of course, I think 9/11 was a different animal though.

In this building, it looks like the entire lower half of it is consumed by flames - very much unlike the World Trade Centre towers. It seems a relatively slim tower also, which could be a contributing factor - and the possibility of South American building codes not reaching quite to the same standard as elsewhere. I wonder what the age of the building is (was), and whether maintenance was up to scratch and up to date? Maybe not, if squatters were using it. And how long did it burn, and long was the fire service in attendance? All questions that would have some bearing here.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Art (2nd May 2018), avid (2nd May 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (2nd May 2018), Bill Ryan (1st May 2018), christian (2nd May 2018), Ewan (2nd May 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2018), jjjones (2nd May 2018), justntime2learn (2nd May 2018), Justplain (2nd May 2018), Lefty Dave (2nd May 2018), Nasu (1st May 2018), Satori (2nd May 2018), sunwings (2nd May 2018), Tam (3rd May 2018), toppy (2nd May 2018), yelik (2nd May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

There were two towers side by side creating the 11 (similar to our 9-11). You stated 2 hours later from 1:30 a.m the collapse occured....making it 3:30 a.m. where 33 stands out. My thoughts for the "enlightened ones" use of numbers..11 and 33. Not sure where 26 (stories of the building) come in other than 2+6=8. Don't know.

Looking at the list for satanic ("holy" days) holidays:
    Date: May 1 -A two day blood/sacrificial event starting on April 30
    Celebration: Beltane -Walpurgis Day -May Day
    Usage: Druid FIRE Festival -Coven Initiations

As far as a gas leak I would think the city would have turned off the gas to the building since it was abandoned..?.. Squatters living there.
    _________________________________________________________________-
    I just checked other news feeds CNN and BBC ..it was stated 3:00 a.m. the buildings collapsed. Have not found much video footage showing other angles. They did say one man was killed.
    I tried to embed the short (1:04s) video, just not knowing how.
    Link below from NY Times:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/01/w...-collapse.html
    Last edited by raregem; 2nd May 2018 at 05:51.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

christian (2nd May 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2018), Nasu (2nd May 2018), Sunny-side-up (2nd May 2018), yelik (2nd May 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    England Avalon Member
    Thanks

I had visited this tower a few years back. Although I can't comment on the fire I can comment it was quite an attraction maybe for all the wrong reasons. Myself and a friend from London plus a couple of Mexican Graffiti artists had visited a club in Sao Paulo, dancing to the sounds of Brazilian Funk music. After leaving at 3am we spotted a tower that stood out completely from the rest. We were drawn to it like magnets and proceeded on foot to see what was so appealing about this unique structure.

When we arrived at the foot it was something of a scene from an old episode of The Equaliser! It was a blip back in time. But the real reason why we were drawn to it was that somebody had painted the entire length of the tower. All 26 stories! The artist went by the name 'Opus 666' and you could see it from miles around. But how did he paint it? It looked like he maybe absailed down the side of the building, the Mexicans thought that it was executed from the inside. Either way - it was quite enthralling!!

We decided to go back the next day to get daylight photos. We found out that the building was a former Police HQ and that squatters had taken over the building and you could clearly see the first 5/6 stories were make shift rooms. My friend from London tried to enter the building for a better look only to be met with mean security. It was clear that he wasnt Welcome...

Very sad to hear this news today.

http://http://www.thesoulsafari.com/?s=S%C3%A3o+Paulo
    Last edited by Soul Safari; 2nd May 2018 at 09:10.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Soul Safari For This Post:

Bruno (2nd May 2018), christian (2nd May 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2018), justntime2learn (2nd May 2018), meeradas (2nd May 2018), Nasu (2nd May 2018), raregem (2nd May 2018), seko (2nd May 2018), Sunny-side-up (2nd May 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Germany Avalon Member christian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,191 times in 2,965 posts

Quote Posted by Star Mariner (here)
    It is indeed very rare for a steel-framed building to collapse due to fire.
    Do you know of any other cases of a steel-framed skyscraper than this and 911? I'm not aware of any.

This is the Beijing Television Cultural Center in China in 2009:

This is the Grenfell Tower in London in 2017:

This is what a gas explosion did to Ronan Point in London in 1968:

Last edited by christian; 2nd May 2018 at 09:02.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to christian For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd May 2018), Bruno (2nd May 2018), Ewan (2nd May 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2018), justntime2learn (2nd May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (2nd May 2018), Nasu (2nd May 2018), raregem (2nd May 2018), seko (2nd May 2018), Sunny-side-up (2nd May 2018), yelik (2nd May 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Scotland Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,622 times in 602 posts

Looked like a controlled demo to me.

You can see the charges all going off up the side of the building just prior to collapse. There's no compression yet but that seam explodes at all floors simultaneously.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to indigopete For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (2nd May 2018), christian (2nd May 2018), Ewan (2nd May 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd May 2018), justntime2learn (2nd May 2018), Nasu (2nd May 2018), onevoice (2nd May 2018), raregem (2nd May 2018), Sunny-side-up (2nd May 2018), yelik (2nd May 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

These collapses look very strange to me. Either the buildings were built to terrible standards that would never be allowed in NYC or they were intentionally demolished somehow. The first building to begin collapsing seems to give up its entire exterior structure all in the same instant, which is what you would expect if the specific mechanism of collapse was both extremely fast/instantaneous but also virtually global across the structure, which again indicates either incomprehensibly shabby construction (and a lot of luck on top of it) or else a degree of very precise control.

The WTC Towers were famous for using load-bearing columns on the exterior structure, which were responsible for carrying about 40% of the structural load depending on which floor we are talking about. Since the WTC Towers were regarded as relatively unique for this, I would imagine that most skyscrapers rely mostly upon a central core structure for carrying most of the load to the ground. That might explain why the exterior of the first building in Brazil seemed to collapse all at once so rapidly, but it wouldn't explain why the core structure of the entire building seemed to give out all at once too, or what exactly the fires could have done to them to cause this either.

What happens to steel in fire isn't melting or even snapping but increasing permanent deformations and gradually reduced load-bearing capacity, which should naturally occur in one area first and then spread around unevenly depending on where the fire is most intense.

And skyscrapers are required to be extremely redundant in their ability to carry loads too. In NYC a skyscraper could lose more than half of its columns and if it's up to code it should still be standing anyway. Maybe not so much in Sao Paulo?

14. Link to Post #8
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,123 times in 3,951 posts

Quote Posted by raregem (here)
    There were two towers side by side creating the 11 (similar to our 9-11). You stated 2 hours later from 1:30 a.m the collapse occured....making it 3:30 a.m. where 33 stands out. My thoughts for the "enlightened ones" use of numbers..11 and 33. Not sure where 26 (stories of the building) come in other than 2+6=8. Don't know.

Looking at the list for satanic ("holy" days) holidays:
    Date: May 1 -A two day blood/sacrificial event starting on April 30
    Celebration: Beltane -Walpurgis Day -May Day
    Usage: Druid FIRE Festival -Coven Initiations

As far as a gas leak I would think the city would have turned off the gas to the building since it was abandoned..?.. Squatters living there.
    _________________________________________________________________-
    I just checked other news feeds CNN and BBC ..it was stated 3:00 a.m. the buildings collapsed. Have not found much video footage showing other angles. They did say one man was killed.
    I tried to embed the short (1:04s) video, just not knowing how.
    Link below from NY Times:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/01/w...-collapse.html
    Some times raregem the numbers like 26 could be intended to read as,

Two Sixes.
    So you had 33 which would be a six you would end up three sixes.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd May 2018), raregem (2nd May 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Thanks Sunny Side Up. Fascinating way to see the numbers intended.
    I should have given more clarification. The timing of the collapse was off by one half hour being 3:00 am instead of 3:30 am. One of the 6's would not be countable.

Just remembered the NY link... the young boy had said he went to the 10th floor first then the 6th floor to get people out by yelling "fire, fire, fire". There's the third-6.
    This fire seems more like a demolition to me but I do not have the background to add pertinent info. I thought I saw a second building next to it come down when the black smoke was at it highest and building one fell...all at the same time.
    Last edited by raregem; 2nd May 2018 at 21:20.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread