+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupts, prompting mandatory evacuations

1. Link to Post #21
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Hawaii's Kilauea volcano erupts, prompting mandatory evacuations

Michael Salla, of Exo News, recently blogged about this too: "the fracking practices at Puna Geothermal Power Station, located in the same Puna region affected by earthquakes and volcanic activity, directly raises the strong possibility that the fracking was a direct factor in unleashing what is currently occurring."

Here's a link to the full article:

http://exonews.org/author/michael-salla/

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to 1paintertoo For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (24th May 2018), Bill Ryan (28th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th May 2018), Franny (24th May 2018), Hervé (24th May 2018), justntime2learn (24th May 2018), KiwiElf (23rd May 2018), onawah (23rd May 2018), Sunny (29th June 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

What the Hawaii lava flow looks like

by Robert May 27, 2018

If I lived in Leilani Estates, the lava flow might actually look this big to me.

Thanks to Joe Herr for this comparison

Source: Sunny Lohmann Facebook page
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (28th May 2018), Bill Ryan (28th May 2018), Bruno (28th May 2018), celticwarrior (28th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th May 2018), Franny (2nd June 2018), genevieve (28th May 2018), justntime2learn (28th May 2018), KiwiElf (28th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th May 2018), mountain_jim (29th May 2018), Satori (28th May 2018), Sequoia (3rd June 2018), SunSea (30th June 2018), ThePythonicCow (28th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,320 times in 2,100 posts

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    What the Hawaii lava flow looks like

by Robert May 27, 2018

If I lived in Leilani Estates, the lava flow might actually look this big to me.

Thanks to Joe Herr for this comparison

Source: Sunny Lohmann Facebook page
    This is a great map! I have so many friends and family on the mainland that see hyped network news and are certain that the map is more like the one on the left and I need to get on a plane and leave NOW; airfare is deeply discounted . Tourism has fallen by more than half because of hyped danger and perception.

If this is the only danger, it is a normal lava flow, difficult for those affected but relatively safe. And yes, the flow is huge and wide and fissure 8 is stupendous. Leilani is now closed to all traffic and so are other areas where we were able to view the eruptions just a couple of days ago. It's an amazing and almost overwhelming sight up close.

If the geothermal facility is affected or the Hilina Slump slides we are all in trouble. Many prayers that these places stay safe.

People who are racially Hawaiian, not simply Hawaii residents, have told me, in a nutshell, that island building is not a gentle process and we need to stay out of the way. No volcano; no Hawaii. It's deeply embedded into the Hawaiian culture and not just well accepted, but embraced.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

avid (3rd June 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (2nd June 2018), DNA (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (2nd June 2018), Hervé (3rd June 2018), KiwiElf (28th June 2018), Matthew (28th June 2018), Sequoia (3rd June 2018), SunSea (30th June 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,526 times in 20,692 posts

Last edited by onawah; 2nd June 2018 at 23:23.
    Each breath a gift...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

avid (3rd June 2018), Franny (2nd June 2018), KiwiElf (28th June 2018), Sequoia (3rd June 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Thanks

Well...this is a video that is going to cause controversy and questions of a hoax. This poster, LogicBeforeAuthority, is saying that the volcanic activity on Hawai'i Island is being generated and controlled by energy weapons. He shows a grid pattern of the quakes that have occurred over several days since he first noticed. He then shows a similar pattern with the California fires last summer.

He believes it includes the depopulation agenda for the west coast of the US because it can cause the Hilina Slump to break loose and cause an enormous tsunami in the Pacific Ocean.

There is also the question of the Puna geo-thermal center, PGV, that has been partly covered with lava. They say it generated about 25% of this island's electricity. (I see bigger electric bills in our future and they are already BIG.) I have read several papers that demonstrate a strong correlation between geothermal activity and earthquakes tho many disagree that PGV was ever a source of quakes.

This is a tsunami map I found a month ago that attempts to show a computer simulation of how such a tsunami would behave.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Computer-simulation-7-of-the-tsunami-waves-that-might-be-set-off-in-a-collapse-of.png
Views:	15
Size:	1,003.7 KB
ID:	38365

I don't want to think this could happen but it is a possibility.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2018), Bruno (28th June 2018), Elpis (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018), justntime2learn (28th June 2018), KiwiElf (28th June 2018), onawah (28th June 2018), Orph (28th June 2018), Sunny (29th June 2018), SunSea (30th June 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks

These are not quality pictures as I took them with a phone. My camera battery was dead , so embarrassing. There are many much better pictures available. I suppose what is most startling about them is I am about 8 miles as the crow flies from the eruption they are still calling Fissure 8.

The night picture was taken at about 1:00 am last Sunday from the road in front of my house. I was unable to capture the enormity of the lava glow reflected upon the clouds in the sky. A tiny yellow spot is the fire.

The daytime picture was taken mid morning the following day from the road below mine. It was a cloudless day so made the column of smoke easier to see. The last info I had on the cone was two weeks ago and it was about 125 feet then.

Name:	IMG_1989-1.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	578.8 KB
ID:	38366

Sorry about the position, if anyone has a suggestion,please let me know.

Name:	IMG_2004.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	38367

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2018), Bruno (28th June 2018), Elpis (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (28th June 2018), justntime2learn (28th June 2018), KiwiElf (28th June 2018), Orph (28th June 2018), Sunny (29th June 2018), SunSea (30th June 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Quote Posted by latte (here)

Sorry about the position, if anyone has a suggestion,please let me know.
    No problemo! (click to enlarge)

Name:	IMG_2004R.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	551.8 KB
ID:	38368

LogicBeforeAuthority could be onto something there, latte - (it's both possible & probable IMO) - see onawah's latest/recent Dutchsinse post re HAARP, fracking etc. A Mega eruption on Hawaii could cause a Tsunami that would not only screw Hawaii but the Pacific Islands & much of the Pacific Rim Coastlines. Same with San Andreas).

A precursor of things to come?
    Last edited by KiwiElf; 28th June 2018 at 07:29.

14. Link to Post #28
    France On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 95,898 times in 15,481 posts

Quote Posted by latte (here)
    ... This poster, LogicBeforeAuthority, is saying that the volcanic activity on Hawai'i Island is being generated and controlled by energy weapons. He shows a grid pattern of the quakes that have occurred over several days since he first noticed....
    [...]
    Regarding a grid pattern of plotting earthquakes, there is a precedent with the El Hierro seismological records:

See this post (<---)

This one (<---)

This one (<---)

In short, it is a graphical rendering artifact due to a rounding up of nearest coordinates data which themselves are not set on a grid pattern. This "grid" thing keeps popping up every now and then till the tinfoil hat ages wisely

Quote ... it can cause the Hilina Slump to break loose and cause an enormous tsunami in the Pacific Ocean.
    Regarding the "Hilina slump" one can draw a parallel with La Palma in the Canary Islands:

Quote Posted by Hervé (here)
    Quote Posted by Satori (here)
    [...]
    In either or both cases, such an event(s) would be disastrous.
    See this site/article:

La Palma Tsunami: The mega-hyped tidal wave story

http://www.lapalma-tsunami.com/notes.html

It's somewhere in this thread, discussed at nauseam... one would need to search the thread for "tsunami" to find the various scare-mongering episodes.

The main thing to keep in mind is that the origin of the hypothetical wave is punctual -- not linear. In such a case the hypothetical wave front is circular to semi-circular and the energy, height and velocity of the wave front gets stretched out to nil over increasing distances.

The other main factor to consider is the speed of the hypothetical landslide generating a hypothetical wave:
    • instant = big wave
    • slow = no wave
    If I recall correctly, that "slump" went down by only 2' with one of the strongest EQ having ever occurred in Hawaii... that indicates that an instant, catastrophic slump is very unlikely to occur anytime soon since the "slump" got reset to a stable slope equilibrium with that last major EQ.

Notwithstanding that, that "slump," could also be the expression of a relative "uplift" of the counterpart piece of ground... considering the amount of incoming magma being expelled in lava flows, I have a tendency to give the latter more considerations... only careful examination of GPS data could determine which is which.
    "La réalité est un rêve que l'on fait atterrir" San Antonio AKA F. Dard

Troll-hood motto: Never, ever, however, whatsoever, to anyone, a point concede.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hervé For This Post:

Bill Ryan (28th June 2018), Bruno (28th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (29th June 2018), Franny (28th June 2018), justntime2learn (28th June 2018), KiwiElf (28th June 2018), onawah (28th June 2018), Orph (28th June 2018), Sunny (29th June 2018), Valerie Villars (29th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2