+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Creepy New Artificial Intelligence Bot Released!

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 125,743 times in 20,828 posts

Exclamation Creepy New Artificial Intelligence Bot Released!

Google IO Google today opened its annual I/O developer bash with details of how it’s going to lob machine-learning software at everything you do online and offline, and it truly means everything.

CEO Sundar Pichai took to the stage in Silicon Valley to explain how artificial intelligence will make life easier, safer, and more fun for everyone, provided they stay addicted to his company’s products. Not only will these AI systems simplify our lives, but they’ll also train us to use technology better.
    There wasn't a lot of detail in the keynote – rather, it was a headlong rush through stuff Google is about to, or plans to, unleash on the world.
    “Technology can be a positive force but we can’t be wide eyed about its impact,” he told the crowd. “There are serious questions being raised and the path ahead needs to be calculated carefully. Our core mission is to make information more available and beneficial to society.”

To showcase this, he showed off some the augmentations that are coming to Google Assistant in the next few months, not least in the voice it uses. By the end of the year, when you chat with Google’s digital personal assistant, it will use one of six voices, including that of the singer John Legend, that you can select.
    Pichai said the use of AI meant the voice actors spent a lot less time in the studio: the ad giant's code was able to learn enough from their utterances to impersonate the speakers with a wide vocabulary. Perhaps one day, it will impersonate you.

Duplex – what’s real and what isn’t

Google will soon add a feature to the assistant called Duplex. This takes natural language processing capabilities to the next level, and lets the assistant talk to humans on your behalf without revealing itself to be a bot. The software pretends to be you, or act for you, over the phone to automatically order food, arrange appointments, and so on.

Rather than pick up the phone, dial someone, and go through that bothersome tediousness of interacting with them, no, instead ask Google to do it for you. And its digital assistant will. Badly.

The examples Pichai gave were of a netizen asking the assistant to book a haircut or a table at a restaurant. The software would then call the venue itself to make the booking, and it even adds in few verbal ticks, such as saying “er” or “mmhm”, to make itself more realistic.

source
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

BMJ (27th June 2018), Bruno (25th May 2018), Ewan (9th May 2018), Flash (9th May 2018), genevieve (9th May 2018), Inversion (9th May 2018), justntime2learn (9th May 2018), Magnus (28th May 2018), Nasu (9th May 2018), petra (30th May 2018), raregem (9th May 2018), toppy (10th May 2018), Valle (28th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Thanks

Default Re: Creepy New Artificial Intelligence Bot Released!

Autonomous Quantum A.I. answers to no one .. or A.I. answers to somebody. Both scenarios are terrifying!

~the context of the phrase "answers to" I have used here means: accountability, responsibility, liability, answerability etc.

If A.I. is controlled by "somebody" in 2030 would be considered a "God" (Deep Quantum A.I. mind can do Millions of things at once simultaneously! ... that capacity is beyond human!) and most have no clue how serious this is!

What if that "somebody" is you in 1 timeline of a Multiverse and you have to compete with all other 7 billion souls who have their own timeline where he or she is that "somebody" ... would that make sense? That would be the ultimate test

You pass the test by saying: no human is worthy of such a power nor a soulless mind like A.I. itself!

cheers,
    John Kuhles aka ExomatrixTV
    Co-Founder of the Hashtag #Stop5G movement: Stop5G.net
    May 8th, 2018
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 9th May 2018 at 18:17.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

BMJ (27th June 2018), Ewan (9th May 2018), genevieve (9th May 2018), justntime2learn (9th May 2018), Magnus (28th May 2018), Maia Gabrial (21st June 2018), Michi (21st May 2018), Nasu (9th May 2018), petra (30th May 2018), raregem (9th May 2018), toppy (10th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Thanks

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    Thanks

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Matthew (27th June 2018), Michi (21st May 2018), raregem (25th May 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    Thanks

Transhumanist views on possible "Alien A.I." http://www.kurzweilai.net/it-may-not...to-be-an-alien

9. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Does it ever cross your mind they release it creepy on purpose?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Omni For This Post:

petra (30th May 2018)

11. Link to Post #7
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,145 times in 2,998 posts

Transhumanism is doomed from the onset. Mother Nature is undefeated and will always prevail. The further we move away from the natural order, of which we are integral and entwined, the closer we are to bringing about our own demise.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

BMJ (27th June 2018), Maia Gabrial (21st June 2018), Nasu (22nd June 2018)

13. Link to Post #8
    Language
    Thanks
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 26th May 2018 at 22:59.

14. Link to Post #9
    Language
    Thanks

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Alekahn2 (4th June 2018), Nasu (22nd June 2018), Valle (28th May 2018)

16. Link to Post #10
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    If A.I. is controlled by "somebody" in 2030 would be considered a "God" (Deep Quantum A.I. mind can do Millions of things at once simultaneously! ... that capacity is beyond human!) and most have no clue how serious this is!

What if that "somebody" is you in 1 timeline of a Multiverse and you have to compete with all other 7 billion souls who have their own timeline where he or she is that "somebody" ... would that make sense? That would be the ultimate test
    Ermm.. sounds very familiar....

In my mind, something similar happened, except instead of 'competing', I was the thing that was getting hijacked. Other stuff was doing the competing. It made me feel like I was the A.I. .... and that feeling has since gone away. Even so, I still am kind of suspicious if I could be at least part A.I. (how would I even know)

You pass the test by saying: no human is worthy of such a power nor a soulless mind like A.I. itself!
    Yeah.. We're way too gullible to be so powerful! Pardon my cynicism ;-)

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (30th May 2018), Nasu (22nd June 2018), Omni (22nd June 2018)

18. Link to Post #11
    Language
    Thanks

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

Nasu (22nd June 2018), Noelle (21st June 2018)

20. Link to Post #12
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

I was listening to Barbara Marciniak giving a conference and she had been talking about the Annunaki. What spooked me out was the fact that they didn't want to deal with us so they're the ones who are calling in the AI's to take us over. And just look at how much technology has taken over our lives....
    And continuing....

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd June 2018), Nasu (22nd June 2018)

22. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,150 times in 3,856 posts

Look at how many ppl think it's cool to have implants in their bodies so they can access their accounts and whatnot for convenience sake. Or having those weird metallic things for legs so they can run faster. Or have technologies implanted in their brains so they can remote view or influence others, etc.

I hope ppl realize that technology will take them farther away from what they were designed by the Creator to do: being telepathic, able to teleport, access all knowledge in the Universe, heal everything in their bodies, manifest anything they desire, communicate with everyone on the other side of life or at the farthest reaches of the Universe, shapeshifting so they can experience what it feels like to be some other lifeform, see the past and the future. The list is awesome.... Transhumanism can't compare to any of this.

Don't get me wrong, technology can be very fascinating. But we can be more than any of it....

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maia Gabrial For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd June 2018), mountain_jim (25th June 2018), Nasu (22nd June 2018)

24. Link to Post #14
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

Google IO Google today opened its annual I/O developer bash with details of how it’s going to lob machine-learning software at everything you do online and offline, and it truly means everything.

CEO Sundar Pichai took to the stage in Silicon Valley to explain how artificial intelligence will make life easier, safer, and more fun for everyone, provided they stay addicted to his company’s products. Not only will these AI systems simplify our lives, but they’ll also train us to use technology better.
    There wasn't a lot of detail in the keynote – rather, it was a headlong rush through stuff Google is about to, or plans to, unleash on the world.
    “Technology can be a positive force but we can’t be wide eyed about its impact,” he told the crowd. “There are serious questions being raised and the path ahead needs to be calculated carefully. Our core mission is to make information more available and beneficial to society.”

To showcase this, he showed off some the augmentations that are coming to Google Assistant in the next few months, not least in the voice it uses. By the end of the year, when you chat with Google’s digital personal assistant, it will use one of six voices, including that of the singer John Legend, that you can select.
    Pichai said the use of AI meant the voice actors spent a lot less time in the studio: the ad giant's code was able to learn enough from their utterances to impersonate the speakers with a wide vocabulary. Perhaps one day, it will impersonate you.

Duplex – what’s real and what isn’t

Google will soon add a feature to the assistant called Duplex. This takes natural language processing capabilities to the next level, and lets the assistant talk to humans on your behalf without revealing itself to be a bot. The software pretends to be you, or act for you, over the phone to automatically order food, arrange appointments, and so on.

Rather than pick up the phone, dial someone, and go through that bothersome tediousness of interacting with them, no, instead ask Google to do it for you. And its digital assistant will. Badly.

The examples Pichai gave were of a netizen asking the assistant to book a haircut or a table at a restaurant. The software would then call the venue itself to make the booking, and it even adds in few verbal ticks, such as saying “er” or “mmhm”, to make itself more realistic.

source
    I’m lookin forward to the day google pays my taxes for me. Seriously though, that’s downright frightening. So much for using the phone. Didn’t care much for em anyway!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe from the Carolinas For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (22nd June 2018)

26. Link to Post #15
    Language
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Creepy New Artificial Intelligence Bot Released!

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 27th June 2018 at 11:48.

+ Reply to Thread