+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uber -Flying Drones with passengers

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

Default Uber -Flying Drones with passengers

Builder said in chemtrail post, "Now working on electric "Uber" drones that can fly you from A to B without a pilot."

In the news today I see this title:
    Uber flying car could take to the skies within TWO YEARS

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scien...srowshahi#t=2s

UBER has unveiled a new prototype for flying taxis which could be released in major cities as early as 2020, the global taxi firm has announced.
    The company has previewed its Uber Air design models which are designed to taxi up to four people in the skies of major cities.

Uber unveiled the model, which is has been dubbed the vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) craft, at the Elevate Summit in Los Angeles.

The firm plans to release flying taxis in as little as two years, and hopes they will be driverless within 10 years.

VTOLs will rely on a series of designated ‘Skyports’ dotted around major cities which will act as pick up and drop off points.

Uber Head of Operations, Aviation at Uber, Stan Swaintek, says the ports will be built “where our riders most frequently start and end our trips”.

Trips on the futuristic taxis could cost less than $2 per mile, according to Uber.

The VTOLs would work in a similar way to Uber’s current system, where customers hail a ride through an app.

However, trips would have to be planned at least an hour in advance.
    CEO Dara Khosrowshahi told CBS News: “We think cities are going to go vertical in terms of transportation and we want to make that a reality.

“We want to create a network around those vehicles so that regular people can take these taxis in the air for longer distances when they want to avoid traffic at affordable prices.

"Ambition is what has created this company from the very beginning.

"Part of what made this company great is that we take big, bold bets. That's part of the norms and the culture of this company and this is another big, bold bet that we think ultimately is something that the cities of the future are going to need."

Uber's chief product officer, Jeff Holden, said: "One of the key tenets of this technology is for us to have four riders in each vehicle. So, essentially, the cost per ride goes down.

"The combination of mass market and sharing, which is really what Uber is all about, can bring this to the masses, can make it affordable for normal people."

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to raregem For This Post:

BMJ (26th May 2018), Did You See Them (9th May 2018), Flash (10th May 2018), jjjones (9th May 2018), justntime2learn (9th May 2018), KiwiElf (9th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th May 2018), Mike (10th May 2018), Nasu (9th May 2018), selinam (9th May 2018), Zampano (9th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,426 times in 839 posts

Default Re: Uber -Flying Drones with passengers

I wonder if I can somehow have the airspace above my house declared a "no fly zone".
    I am enlightened, ............ Oh wait. That's just the police shining their spotlights on me.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orph For This Post:

Flash (10th May 2018), KiwiElf (9th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (10th May 2018), raregem (9th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Yup, & Kitty Hawk in New Zealand is developing - and already flying - similar technology:

Meet "Cora", created by Google co-founder Larry Page. This is a fully electric aircraft with a power reserve of 100 kilometers on a single charge.

Last edited by KiwiElf; 9th May 2018 at 23:17.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,282 times in 1,435 posts

Fifth element-esque
    "Without the human request, nothing will happen."

"This must never be forgotten, that the human has the power to prevail."

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyy1907 For This Post:

KiwiElf (10th May 2018), raregem (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

Quote Posted by Tyy1907 (here)
    Fifth element-esque
    Bring on those flyin' cars! (I guess we have a bit of a wait before they evolve into this):

Fifth Element Taxi Chase with music by cheb khaled
    -------------------------------------------------------
    The 9 Best Flying Cars in Sci-Fi Movies

https://creators.vice.com/en_us/arti...-sci-fi-movies

9. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member raregem's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,105 times in 563 posts

I have a question without thinking it through just yet or reviewing legalities of private airports lately.....
    With the airports using scanners and thorough searches (personally invasive) before one is allowed to board an aircraft what will be the criteria for boarding the air taxis?
    Private airports perhaps, not a personally invasive issue. Just wondering where this could lead regarding the control of the people and our rights as humans.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to raregem For This Post:

Sunny-side-up (16th May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread