+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Canada and the dangers of the changes brought about by Bill C-17

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 times in 786 posts

Default Canada and the dangers of the changes brought about by Bill C-17

Shawn BUckley is a lawyer and activist in the Field of Natural health, medicine and has discovered stealth changes in new legislation. Governments globally are implementing a very clear agenda.

http://nhppa.org/?p=13191

A message from Shawn Buckley: “I would like to thank all of you for remaining active supporters of NHPPA. Our collective ability to make a difference in protecting our freedom to decide how to take care of ourselves depends upon our ability to take coordinated action. For example, during the Bill C-51 campaign in 2008, I was told at a meeting at the Prime Minister’s office that the anti-Bill C-51 mail was being delivered in wheel barrows because there was so much of it. That was you making a difference. Bill C-51 was never passed.

Because the opposition to Bill C-51 was so strong, Health Canada devised a new way to get the severe penalties and powers to apply to natural products. They came out with Bill C-17 which brought in the powers and penalties for a new category of “therapeutic product”. Therapeutic product was defined to exclude natural health products as that term is defined in the Natural Health Products Regulations. Because natural health products were excluded, the public did not raise a fuss and Bill C-17 passed. The NHPPA had called Bill C-17 a Trojan Horse.

The danger of the change brought about by Bill C-17 is that Health Canada can make the powers and penalties that were in Bill C-51 applicable to natural products by simply amending the Natural Health Product Regulations.
    Our concern is coming to pass.

Health Canada has published a time table for repealing the Natural Health Product Regulations.
    Read the full posting and Download the Discussion Paper

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

anandacate (13th May 2018), DouglasDanger (13th May 2018), Ernie Nemeth (14th May 2018), Franny (15th May 2018), Hervé (14th May 2018), Justplain (14th May 2018), Michelle Marie (14th May 2018), Nasu (13th May 2018), Richard S. (13th May 2018), we-R-one (14th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,827 times in 1,436 posts

Default Re: Canada and the dangers of the changes brought about by Bill C-17

It's good to see members from different countries post about difficulties and/or accomplishments within their own governments to give those of us on the outside a glimmer as to what's going on. Much discussion here seems to place focus on the United States, so I like when members take the initiative to highlight issues pertaining to their respective countries.

4. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,614 times in 5,382 posts

Essence of mint saved my wife recently after two emergency hospital visits and comprehensive tests and finally a visit to the clinic where anti-depressants were administered for a headache.

Which would you rather do - a course of escitalopram combined with T3s or breath mint essence? The one did nothing, the other worked in less than 24 hours.

That is the fight they are talking about here. No natural product can claim therapeutic benefit.

Isn't this the Canadian version of the UN's attack on natural health care products? something Alimentalis, I tried to locate the Avalon threads on this topic but so far have failed...(doesn't help I can't remember the first latin word)
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

CurEus (15th May 2018), Hervé (14th May 2018), Michelle Marie (14th May 2018), Nasu (15th May 2018), spade (22nd June 2018)

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 times in 225 posts

Codex Alimentarius

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Post:

CurEus (15th May 2018), Ernie Nemeth (14th May 2018), Hervé (14th May 2018), Michelle Marie (14th May 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,034 times in 786 posts

I expect Enrie and Yoda are very correct, although members should be aware htat Codex affects almost EVERY country in the world.

I posted this as an insight into how Canada is packaging it.......it'll will differ elsewhere but the end game is the same.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (16th May 2018), Franny (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread