+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: She said their clothing had "weird symbolism or wording" so she calls the cops

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default She said their clothing had "weird symbolism or wording" so she calls the cops

http://apnews.com/0189d98791824d4c90945fca5494a15e

I don't even know what to say to this level of ignorance.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

avid (15th May 2018), BMJ (26th May 2018), ceetee9 (15th May 2018), chancy (14th May 2018), DeDukshyn (15th May 2018), Ernie Nemeth (16th May 2018), Hervé (15th May 2018), Iloveyou (15th May 2018), Ivanhoe (14th May 2018), justntime2learn (15th May 2018), Kryztian (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), Mike (15th May 2018), mountain_jim (15th May 2018), Noelle (14th May 2018), onevoice (14th May 2018), Orph (15th May 2018), seko (15th May 2018), toppy (15th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Default Re: She said their clothing had "weird symbolism or wording" so she calls the cops

Hello Everyone:
    It's interesting that this article is even news! It's very common in Canada to have the same thing happen but reversed! The racism card is used all the time and has got tiring here. As a Canadian we just go about our business and treat everyone with the respect we would want.
    I hope this kid does not go to this school and finds one that will treat him with the respect he deserves!
    chancy

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

avid (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), Ol' Roy (15th May 2018), toppy (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default Re: She said their clothing had "weird symbolism or wording" so she calls the cops

Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    Hello Everyone:
    It's interesting that this article is even news! It's very common in Canada to have the same thing happen but reversed! The racism card is used all the time and has got tiring here. As a Canadian we just go about our business and treat everyone with the respect we would want.
    I hope this kid does not go to this school and finds one that will treat him with the respect he deserves!
    chancy
    I'm confused. If the racism card is 'used all the time' then how is it possible for people to be treated with respect?

And I wouldn't agree with the generalization that Canadians treat everyone with respect. We have more than a few problems with racist behaviour.

Calling the police to arrest those we consider 'suspicious' or 'different' hasn't happened up here yet, but I think it's only a matter of time.

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Bruno (15th May 2018), chancy (15th May 2018), Cipher (15th May 2018), ExomatrixTV (15th May 2018), Kryztian (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), Ol' Roy (15th May 2018), toppy (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    Quote Posted by chancy (here)
    Hello Everyone:
    chancy
    I'm confused. If the racism card is 'used all the time' then how is it possible for people to be treated with respect?

And I wouldn't agree with the generalization that Canadians treat everyone with respect. We have more than a few problems with racist behaviour.

Calling the police to arrest those we consider 'suspicious' or 'different' hasn't happened up here yet, but I think it's only a matter of time.

Brian

Hello Brian:
    I'm not sure how you can be confused since I see you are from Canada???????

I live in western Canada and the "racism" card is used all the time against white Canadians. ( I'm not sure how to distinguish between just a Canadian and someone who thinks they are "special" more so than everyone else )

I have seen first hand where I have tried to help many, many "first nation" people in our area and have been accused of being "racist" by the very people I am trying to help. "They are asking for help but when they get the help they are asking for we all of a sudden become "racists"
    To me I don't have a problem with any person or race since we all pee and burp and get colds etc. We must all be the same "human" unless I am on the wrong planet.

SInce you are from Canada you must watch the news or read the paper or listen to the news and see the "racist" card used all the time?!?!

Kind of funny how helping someone can make you a "racists" while treating people with respect?
    It appears that maybe "racism" isnt' exactly what we think it is. OR it means something different for different folks.

Another example: As of April 12th, 2018 Siks don't have to wear motorcycle helmets in British Columbia, Alberta and Manitoba. Coming soon to a province near you. This is extremely "racist" for all the people who ride motorcycles.
    So the very people who you would think are being treated with "racism" are the people who are getting the waiver. The rest of the people are being treated with "racism" and no one cares!

My point is that "the racism card' is being played too much in Canada and ALL PEOPLE need to treat everyone with respect. I believe respect is happening more than we think BUT sometimes it just ridiculous how it's being used. People seem to take offense for things that they shouldn't.
    chancy

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

angelfire (16th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), selinam (17th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)

It's a manifestation of the western societal degradation agenda. We've been brainwashed into believing that we each have a right not to be offended and that it is right and good to call the police whenever we see anything that is "out of the norm." I've seen numbers from 17 to 112 different "gender identities" now. Really? The insanity is becoming so absurd that I'm beginning to wonder if I've been caught in a dimensional shift and this isn't the planet Earth that I was born and raised on.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

conk (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), TargeT (15th May 2018), Tintin (16th May 2018), Valerie Villars (16th May 2018), wisky (16th May 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Thanks for the explanation, chancy; when I read it I understood that you were saying two contradictory things, i.e. that we perennially call each other racists while at the same time respecting each other, which I couldn't follow.
    As for being called racist by First Nations folk, no, 'back east' here I've seen no media reports of such foolish behaviour. Is this something that is more personal and anecdotal, perhaps? I know that there are certainly racists within any group, and there are many people who are just looking to stir up sh*t. The denigration of white Europeans by minorities is certainly a trend, and one to be deplored.

I can't help wondering, though, if there might be some whites whose "help" is administered with a dose of condescension that make it unpalatable to the recipient, or maybe what's being offered is not what is needed.

History has taught us, too, that those of us suffering from "the White Man's Burden" are capable of doing much harm for the sake of doing the 'right thing'. I'm thinking, of course, of the disaster that was the Residential Schools program.

There are many pitfalls when it comes to inter-cultural actions. When things go wrong, though, the cause is not always due to malign intent - sometimes it is a genuine misunderstanding of the others' beliefs. The struggle continues.

Namaste chancy,

Brian
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Bruno (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), selinam (17th May 2018), Valerie Villars (16th May 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Re:
    "It's a manifestation of the western societal degradation agenda. We've been brainwashed into believing that we each have a right not to be offended and that it is right and good to call the police whenever we see anything that is "out of the norm." I've seen numbers from 17 to 112 different "gender identities" now. Really? The insanity is becoming so absurd that I'm beginning to wonder if I've been caught in a dimensional shift and this isn't the planet Earth that I was born and raised on."

Gender is a topic and core human value system that is fraught with confusion, especially today. This blurring of the gender polarities is not 'degradation', it is evolution. Maybe instead of thinking that you are going insane you could consider the current "gender spectrum" to be the result of an awakening by our species - an awakening that is the result of a shift away from restrictive social "norms" to a view of the world in which people are actually considering what makes them feel complete as a person. Such decisions are not made easily, and require a huge amount of courage to act on. They are not frivolous declarations made by confused or unnatural people. On the contrary, such awakenings are arrived at, in our hetero-sexual biased culture, only after long and deep introspection. Bucking one's cultural upbringing carries with it huge dangers, and is never done lightly.

If being themselves makes some of us uncomfortable, it is up to us to adapt to the truth. As fellow humans, I think we should muster our compassion and intellect and welcome those who are trying to be the best humans that they can be, by truly being themselves.

Namaste

Brian

Albert E.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Michelle Marie (15th May 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Some "parent" of a student in University called 911 because these kids were quiet and had a shirt with the name of a metal band? Why wasn't the "parent" charged?

This is what's wrong with society, is we let people like this think that their fearful, erratic behaviour is normal. Was the parent tested for drugs? Because that behaviour is not normal at all. Perhaps this "parent" should seek medical attention or just stay away from the public?
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bruno (15th May 2018), Iloveyou (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), selinam (17th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018), wisky (16th May 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Europe Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,386 times in 1,223 posts

Such a reaction is impressive. Maybe people are so used to the TV-Reality-Show-World, Video-Games-World, to overexcited and exaggerated behavior, to non-stop self-representation - so they feel threatened by a person who does not act accordingly.

The two brothers appear to be quiet, low-key but self-assured and well grounded. They have been taught to listen and observe, to think before acting. There are personalities, although still young. There’s personal charisma. And some Disneyland-residents start to panic.

People can’t stand quietness anymore.

I wish them both success and a great future
    Last edited by Iloveyou; 15th May 2018 at 16:23.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Iloveyou For This Post:

Cipher (16th May 2018), DeDukshyn (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), Nasu (15th May 2018), selinam (17th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Re:
    "It's a manifestation of the western societal degradation agenda. We've been brainwashed into believing that we each have a right not to be offended and that it is right and good to call the police whenever we see anything that is "out of the norm." I've seen numbers from 17 to 112 different "gender identities" now. Really? The insanity is becoming so absurd that I'm beginning to wonder if I've been caught in a dimensional shift and this isn't the planet Earth that I was born and raised on."

Gender is a topic and core human value system that is fraught with confusion, especially today. This blurring of the gender polarities is not 'degradation', it is evolution. Maybe instead of thinking that you are going insane you could consider the current "gender spectrum" to be the result of an awakening by our species - an awakening that is the result of a shift away from restrictive social "norms" to a view of the world in which people are actually considering what makes them feel complete as a person. Such decisions are not made easily, and require a huge amount of courage to act on. They are not frivolous declarations made by confused or unnatural people. On the contrary, such awakenings are arrived at, in our hetero-sexual biased culture, only after long and deep introspection. Bucking one's cultural upbringing carries with it huge dangers, and is never done lightly.

If being themselves makes some of us uncomfortable, it is up to us to adapt to the truth. As fellow humans, I think we should muster our compassion and intellect and welcome those who are trying to be the best humans that they can be, by truly being themselves.

Namaste

Brian
    That's enough baloney for a lot of sandwiches. There are two genders, period. Male and female. All the gender confused or gender fluid or gender whatever are either suffering from a birth defect or some kind of identity crisis. People are being exposed to large numbers and kinds of chemicals and toxins. This affects the brain and thinking. These people are merely confused. We're not awakening or shifting.

There are approximately 400 things that can go awry in the very early developmental stages, from zygote to fetus. Any one of these mis-steps is a birth defect. You wind up with people across a scale of identities that are different from the norm. Gay, transgender identifying, ambiguous genitals, and on and on. Deep introspection my skinny behind!

In no way am I intimating they should be shunned or discriminated against. Great understanding should be employed. They are no different than a person born with a withered arm or a cleft pallet. Something went wrong during their development, that's all. And not all are born a particular way, some are truly victims of a twisted society and it's poisonous environment.
    Last edited by conk; 15th May 2018 at 16:32.
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

ceetee9 (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 times in 155 posts

Love is love conk. It's not confusion and people usually are not in an identity crisis.

Love is not a defect such as "a cleft pallet or withered arm" you are comparing two very different things.

The problem is that people like you perceive it, and I'm quoting you: " you wind up with people that are different from the norm". Does that frighten you?

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeedleThreader For This Post:

Cipher (16th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (16th May 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member conk's Avatar
    Language
    Southern English
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,146 times in 2,998 posts

Quote Posted by NeedleThreader (here)
    Love is love conk. It's not confusion and people usually are not in an identity crisis.

Love is not a defect such as "a cleft pallet or withered arm" you are comparing two very different things.

The problem is that people like you perceive it, and I'm quoting you: " you wind up with people that are different from the norm". Does that frighten you?
    I am not frightened in the least. And it is you who are conflating love and physicality. No, love is certainly not a defect. Love is all, love is supreme. I'm truly sorry if my poor choice of words reflected thoughts that are not mine. Can you deny that homosexuality is not a birth defect? Not judging at all.

If a man sees himself as a female, what else is that but an identity crisis?
    The quantum field responds not to what we want; but to who we are being. Dr. Joe Dispenza

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to conk For This Post:

ceetee9 (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

The thing that struck me was they were immediately judged by the "weird" symbolism on their clothing. When I saw the young men, the first thing that struck me was how handsome they both were and I thought their natural expressions seemed peaceful.

The other thing that struck me was how quickly people are conditioned to call and tell on other people just because they are "different". I was just appalled by that.

God help that woman if she ever comes to New Orleans, where being weird is normal.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

ceetee9 (15th May 2018), DeDukshyn (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Some "parent" of a student in University called 911 because these kids were quiet and had a shirt with the name of a metal band? Why wasn't the "parent" charged?

This is what's wrong with society, is we let people like this think that their fearful, erratic behaviour is normal. Was the parent tested for drugs? Because that behaviour is not normal at all. Perhaps this "parent" should seek medical attention or just stay away from the public?
    Now we're talking. That behavior is invasive. It feels wrong to my conscience.

The engineered behavioral patterns have been changed by design. The evidence is being compiled and assimilated. Eventually the proof will be irrefutable and go mainstream.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

ceetee9 (15th May 2018), DeDukshyn (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (15th May 2018), wisky (16th May 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)

The engineered behavioral patterns have been changed by design. The evidence is being compiled and assimilated. Eventually the proof will be irrefutable and go mainstream.

MM
    Right on MM. DeDukshyn, I completely missed the bulls-eye impact of that statement. It's exactly why I posted the story and what bothered me about that ignorant woman's actions. I just didn't word it as beautifully as you.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by Michelle Marie (here)

MM
    Right on MM. DeDukshyn, I completely missed the bulls-eye impact of that statement. It's exactly why I posted the story and what bothered me about that ignorant woman's actions. I just didn't word it as beautifully as you.
    I was saddened to note that the article was written in such a way as to "defend" these boys. I agree with Michelle in a sense of "engineered behavioural patterns" - but I wonder how much that is just due to people not seeing the spades for spades ... The defense in the article seemed to try to be justifying their "quiet" behaviour and "weird" symbols (again just a name of a favorite metal band in stylized writing). By doing that it seems to be trying to paint this picture of how we need to accept their "oddities".

What oddities?!! We all need to really be comfortable in embracing all our differences and stand up to those that disagree with us. I'm just saying, how nice of AP to write that article in defense, but it sure wouldn't have been what I would have wrote ...

On the flip side .. maybe that parent really does need medication and counseling and shouldn't be out in public (those people do exist) ... and they were just doing their best to try to be there for their child ... I don't know ... but I would have certainly wanted to talk to whoever it was and find out.

Anyway, we can't be lulled into accepting this behaviour - if the "parent" really does have issues, then that is what it is. If his or her behaviour had been harshly condemned, maybe that is impetus for them to finally get the help they need. Either way - unacceptable.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 15th May 2018 at 22:57.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (16th May 2018), Michelle Marie (15th May 2018), Valerie Villars (16th May 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member Jad's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 times in 283 posts

This reminds me of an incident that happened recently in Los Angeles where a man verbally abused a woman for wearing a veil on her head cause she was a Muslim.
    This social engineering has been happening for a very long time. For example look how Muslims are almost always portrayed negatively in media and movies , or how native Americans were also portrayed as wild and dangerous in the early western movies, or in the much older times how Romans used to label everyone they haven’t conquered as “barbarians”.. for when it’s time to attack them then the public will understand that it was the “right” thing to do..

https://www.cbs19.tv/mobile/article/...b-6877fb3f1de0

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jad For This Post:

DeDukshyn (15th May 2018), Fellow Aspirant (16th May 2018), Michelle Marie (16th May 2018), Valerie Villars (16th May 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member ceetee9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,542 times in 741 posts

Re:

Namaste

Brian
    Sorry Brian, I disagree with your assessment. It is not evolution but de-evolution, IMHO. No matter how much they try to blur the lines between the sexes, there is one inescapable fact they can't change, it still takes two sexes, male and female, to continue the human species (i.e., evolution). Even you admit to the blurring of the gender “polarities” and that it is “fraught with confusion, especially today.” So I'm not sure how you arrived at the conclusion that that is “evolution” and not degradation. There are even groups now who want newborn babies to be referred to as “theybys” rather than a boy or girl.

Look up the definition of gender in any of the primary dictionaries (Oxford, Cambridge, and Merriam-Webster) to see how they define gender. I realize that those who wish to teardown existing societal and social cultures are doing their best to even destroy language—particularly the English language—so that soon we won't be able to communicate at all with each other.

The universe consists of myriad binary systems. Should we obfuscate all of those systems as well so as not to offend anyone or show any bias toward one polarity or another? Would that make it easier for us to communicate and understand things? Perhaps the Creator was confused when he (oops, I mean they) created these restrictive “norms” and insensitive systems.

I personally couldn't care less what a person's sexual preference is or what they wish to identify as or want to call themselves, but they cross the line (for me) when they want to force their belief systems on the rest of society. Do we not have enough fighting and killing going on in the world over religions, politics, economic and governmental systems, etc. without adding even more systems to divide us?

I guess I also miss how anyone can not “feel complete as a person” or “be the best human they can be” unless society abandons their “norms” and everyone adopts one of the dozens of the new “gender identities.” Do these people really have such little self respect/self worth that they require society to think, act, identify and behave as they do before they can feel worthy as a human being and a part of society?
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to ceetee9 For This Post:

Valerie Villars (16th May 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

Quote Posted by conk (here)
    Re:

Namaste

Brian
    That's enough baloney for a lot of sandwiches. There are two genders, period. Male and female. All the gender confused or gender fluid or gender whatever are either suffering from a birth defect or some kind of identity crisis. People are being exposed to large numbers and kinds of chemicals and toxins. This affects the brain and thinking. These people are merely confused. We're not awakening or shifting.

There are approximately 400 things that can go awry in the very early developmental stages, from zygote to fetus. Any one of these mis-steps is a birth defect. You wind up with people across a scale of identities that are different from the norm. Gay, transgender identifying, ambiguous genitals, and on and on. Deep introspection my skinny behind!

In no way am I intimating they should be shunned or discriminated against. Great understanding should be employed. They are no different than a person born with a withered arm or a cleft pallet. Something went wrong during their development, that's all. And not all are born a particular way, some are truly victims of a twisted society and it's poisonous environment.
    Wow. Such a world you live in. Not mine.

Course, I've never had the benefit of the protection of a Tin Foil Hat.

Good luck to you!

Brian

Albert E.

38. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

I like Ricky Gervais' response to being called out for his 'white priviledge':

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ricky.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	37797
    Quote Posted by ceetee9 (here)

It's a manifestation of the western societal degradation agenda. We've been brainwashed into believing that we each have a right not to be offended and that it is right and good to call the police whenever we see anything that is "out of the norm." I've seen numbers from 17 to 112 different "gender identities" now. Really? The insanity is becoming so absurd that I'm beginning to wonder if I've been caught in a dimensional shift and this isn't the planet Earth that I was born and raised on.
    It's really not worth getting one's knickers in a knot.

B.

Albert E.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast