+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FYI: PC Gamer's heads up on Crashes, Disconnects, freezes, missing content, the list goes on

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member ljwheat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,571 times in 870 posts

Default FYI: PC Gamer's heads up on Crashes, Disconnects, freezes, missing content, the list goes on

I have been, a PC gamer for many years, with all the usual computer problems, very annoying, all along thinking my wow;s were graphic card driver's or my system just couldn't play the newest games. A new friend of mine, big gamer asked if i had Advanced System Care running on my computer? YES.. asked me to dump that program for a few day's , see if there were any changes to my game play,,( Fall out 4 ) , and Disconnects on Face Book Games always a big headache for years.
    Well a week in, all my problems just went a way. besides if i didn't want to get rid of a paid program i loved for eon's , just reinstall it. So just FYI,, Good gaming peep's.
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

dynamo (23rd May 2018), Ivanhoe (19th May 2018), Sunny-side-up (18th May 2018), toppy (18th May 2018), william r sanford72 (18th May 2018), ZenBaller (18th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    Romanian
    Thanks

Default Re: FYI: PC Gamer's heads up on Crashes, Disconnects, freezes, missing content, the list goes on

We have ASC on our 3 family laptops since like more than 2 years now. Should I get rid of it? You're right, I've had a lot of problems but I've never made the connection to ASC. Do you have a suggestion about another software to use?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toppy For This Post:

dynamo (23rd May 2018), ljwheat (18th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Default Re: FYI: PC Gamer's heads up on Crashes, Disconnects, freezes, missing content, the list goes on

Quote Posted by toppy (here)
    We have ASC on our 3 family laptops since like more than 2 years now. Should I get rid of it? You're right, I've had a lot of problems but I've never made the connection to ASC. Do you have a suggestion about another software to use?
    After a few weeks with out ASC/pro on my system.. I will not reinstall it, my be i will contact the manufacturer if there my be a work around, if they know of this issue. i use C Cleaner for a replacement no side effects, as a cleanup program..... but Ya if your a gamer i would dump ASC..
    Paintings that I have created over the last 35 years >Gallery https://projectavalon.net/forum4/album.php?albumid=587< or here at ACC http://www.ashtarcommandcrew.net/gro...-or-collection

6. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,466 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by ljwheat (here)
    Quote Posted by toppy (here)
    After a few weeks with out ASC/pro on my system.. I will not reinstall it, my be i will contact the manufacturer if there my be a work around, if they know of this issue. i use C Cleaner for a replacement no side effects, as a cleanup program..... but Ya if your a gamer i would dump ASC..
    I've used CCleaner for years -- excellent program - great for registry cleanup and just clearing out stuff once in a while. It used to be called "Crap Cleaner" - but they shortened it to just the "C"

Never heard of ASC ... but yeah, usually those types of programs have some unwanted side effects.

You don't play Elite: Dangerous by chance, do you?
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 18th May 2018 at 23:32.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ljwheat (18th May 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Games plated, Falout 4, Marrowind, wolfenstien, skyrim the elderscrols V, call of duty, Neverending war, star wars- battle front, Halo, Grand theft auto, War Commander, all on a DELL -I7,770 gaming lap top. New still under warranty, The best of the Best having issues, and now they all went away by dumping Advance System Care. CCleaner is fine, agreed.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

DeDukshyn (19th May 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ljwheat (here)
    Games plated, Falout 4, Marrowind, wolfenstien, skyrim the elderscrols V, call of duty, Neverending war, star wars- battle front, Halo, Grand theft auto, War Commander, all on a DELL -I7,770 gaming lap top. New still under warranty, The best of the Best having issues, and now they all went away by dumping Advance System Care. CCleaner is fine, agreed.
    Looks like you enjoy single player games - me too. Elite is really the only (sort-of) multiplayer I play. I loved skyrim, but I would constantly mod it (100+ mods) until it was completely unstable I couldn't find the conflict, lol, but I did manage to make it almost like a whole new game, and improve the quality greatly. I played Oblivion as well, back in the day.Played Fallout 3 but have yet to get fallout 4, but I do want to get it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

ljwheat (19th May 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 times in 1,040 posts

I've had ASC Pro for over 8 years and I've had no issues. I know Malwarebytes went to war with Iobit (the company that makes ASC) over the accusation that Iobit stole MWB's software and platform for their own (Iobit's) malware program, which is separate from ASC. As a result, MWB listed anything by Iobit as a PUP causing scans to flag ASC (and other Iobit programs...and also CC Cleaner if I'm not mistaken)....thereby deleting them from people's systems. I had to reinstall ASC and then instruct Malwarebytes to not flag if as PUP.

Personally, I like Advanced System Care (pro)...and I highly recommend it.

Dave - Toronto

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

ljwheat (19th May 2018), toppy (19th May 2018)

14. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Spellbound (here)
    I've had ASC Pro for over 8 years and I've had no issues. I know Malwarebytes went to war with Iobit (the company that makes ASC) over the accusation that Iobit stole MWB's software and platform for their own (Iobit's) malware program, which is separate from ASC. As a result, MWB listed anything by Iobit as a PUP causing scans to flag ASC (and other Iobit programs...and also CC Cleaner if I'm not mistaken)....thereby deleting them from people's systems. I had to reinstall ASC and then instruct Malwarebytes to not flag if as PUP.

Personally, I like Advanced System Care (pro)...and I highly recommend it.

Dave - Toronto
    understood for me its gone.. it works for me. now its gone. i'm not a supper techy just a fyi for those like me , if it works keep it. all my problems are gone. and thats cool..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

Spellbound (19th May 2018)

16. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,344 times in 645 posts

I'm a hardcore gamer, or was shall I say

Realizing this life is a game in itself, all made up in a similar way, and our body's are DNA code, as well as everything else.
    Light and vibrations is what this this 3D world let us be aware of.

So our reality is a puter game, God dammit!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rawhide68 For This Post:

KiwiElf (19th May 2018), ljwheat (19th May 2018), toppy (19th May 2018)

18. Link to Post #10
    New Zealand Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,520 times in 5,690 posts

I'm not a hard core gamer; but SIM CITY still remains a favourite. (Create or Destroy, more or less...). The attraction for me is "Infinite Diversity with Infinite Combinations", as Spock would say (IDIC).

Haven't used ASC Pro myself, but STEAM drives me crazy with it's constant "social media" updates and an inability to activate Flight Simulator FSX without them! - (Steam version updates) - Not to mention it "reports" how many hours I've played it for all the world to see!). Who cares? I have absolutely zero interest in "communicating" with other players.

19. Link to Post #11
    Macedonia Avalon Member fractal's Avatar
    Thanks

games installed atm :

aven colony
    Call of Duty - Modern Warfare Remastered
    Call of Duty WWII
    Castlevania - Lords of Shadow 2
    Cities Skylines Natural Disasters
    Company of Heroes 2
    Cossacks 3
    Crusader Kings II The Reapers Due
    DiRT 4
    Dirt Rally V1.1
    Disciples Reincarnation
    Doom
    Dungeons 3
    F1 2017
    Gold Rush The Game Season 2
    Grand Theft Auto V
    NBA 2K18
    Need for Speed - Most Wanted
    NFS Payback
    Patrician IV Gold Edition\
    Port Royale 3
    Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
    Project CARS 2
    Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster
    Rise of Venice
    Risk Factions
    RollerCoaster Tycoon World
    Sid Meiers Civilization VI
    SpellForce 3
    Stronghold 3
    Tekken 7
    The Settlers 7 - Paths to a Kingdom
    Titanfall 2
    Tropico 5 - Complete Collection
    Wolfenstein II The New Colossus
    WRC 7

buttt .. only Dota 2 an Wow on daily basis xD

pc spec:

i7 7700k
    16gb DDr4 ripjaw 3200
    GTX 1060 6gb
    asrock gaming K4

rock solid cheap pc .. can play almost all of this on MAX settings

https://ibb.co/eN5m0o
    Last edited by fractal; 19th May 2018 at 20:34.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fractal For This Post:

KiwiElf (22nd May 2018), ljwheat (19th May 2018)

21. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

WoW, Nice Fractal busy guy , I will not ask what is your favorite, as a gamer there all your favorites LOL thanks for the info..

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ljwheat For This Post:

KiwiElf (22nd May 2018)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,035 times in 786 posts

I tend to mostly play Single payer games like Skyrim, Fallout, Tombraider, MassEffect, Titalfall some Tom Clancy's, Deus ExI really enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn and the Witcher series.

ASC Has never been a problem for me until it updated my USB drivers and caused my system to crash. With these cleaning programs it is best not to let to automatically "do everything" as they can break systems on occasion and their "internet boost" can also be problematic.

I game on PC and PS4 I've been replaying Baldur's Gate with the new Enhanced edition.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to CurEus For This Post:

ljwheat (20th May 2018)

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by fractal (here)
    games installed atm :

aven colony
    Call of Duty WWII
    Company of Heroes 2
    Cossacks 3
    DiRT 4
    Dirt Rally V1.1
    Disciples Reincarnation
    Doom
    Dungeons 3
    F1 2017
    Grand Theft Auto V
    NBA 2K18
    NFS Payback
    Port Royale 3
    Project CARS 2
    Rise of Venice
    Risk Factions
    SpellForce 3
    Stronghold 3
    Tekken 7
    Titanfall 2
    WRC 7

pc spec:

i7 7700k
    16gb DDr4 ripjaw 3200
    GTX 1060 6gb
    asrock gaming K4

I don't have one of those ... lol.

I do have Dirt Rally and American Truck Simulator - as driving games to use my Logitech G27 setup with, and I have a x55 Rhino HOTAS setup for Elite: Dangerous and Flight Sim X - and for if ever Star Citizen ever actually becomes a full game, lol.

My specs:
    R7 1700 8c/16t OCd to 3.925 all core all the time (tempted to pop in a R7 2700x - you can do that with AMD - upgrade from one gen to the next without having to buy a whole new system )
    16GB Corsair DDR4 3200 @ 14-15-15-16-34
    Radeon R9 380X - overclocked of course
    MSI Mortar

CPU is more of a workhorse made for 3D rendering and simulations - Even being a year older, it can outperform one of those brand new 8 core Xeon powered iMac pros in 3D rendering (Cinebench score - I love to rub that in for Mac people - my $1200 home built outperforms their $6500 "Pro" system in hard work)
    Been wanting to upgrade that GPU, but a 1060 isn't quite the upgrade I want; 1070ti / Vega56 are still out of my current price range ... stupid miners ...

People still play WoW?
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 21st May 2018 at 17:31.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

fractal (22nd May 2018), ljwheat (24th May 2018)

27. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    games installed atm :

aven colony
    Call of Duty WWII
    Company of Heroes 2
    Cossacks 3
    DiRT 4
    Dirt Rally V1.1
    Disciples Reincarnation
    Doom
    Dungeons 3
    F1 2017
    Grand Theft Auto V
    NBA 2K18
    NFS Payback
    Port Royale 3
    Project CARS 2
    Rise of Venice
    Risk Factions
    SpellForce 3
    Stronghold 3
    Tekken 7
    Titanfall 2
    WRC 7

pc spec:

i7 7700k
    16gb DDr4 ripjaw 3200
    GTX 1060 6gb
    asrock gaming K4

I do have Dirt Rally and American Truck Simulator - as driving games to use my Logitech G27 setup with, and I have a x55 Rhino HOTAS setup for Elite: Dangerous and Flight Sim X - and for if ever Star Citizen ever actually becomes a full game, lol.

My specs:
    R7 1700 8c/16t OCd to 3.925 all core all the time (tempted to pop in a R7 2700x - you can do that with AMD - upgrade from one gen to the next without having to buy a whole new system )
    MSI Mortar

CPU is more of a workhorse made for 3D rendering and simulations - Even being a year older, it can outperform one of those brand new 8 core Xeon powered iMac pros in 3D rendering (Cinebench score - I love to rub that in for Mac people - my $1200 home built outperforms their $6500 "Pro" system in hard work)
    Been wanting to upgrade that GPU, but a 1060 isn't quite the upgrade I want; 1070ti / Vega56 are still out of my current price range ... stupid miners ...

People still play WoW?
    maaan dont get me started (trigered here lol) on this

ima amd boy from barton era ... BUT they saq .. i trow my x380 (im a owner of hd3870, "hd4870 i still hawe it its a 300wat monster this card is awsome yea", got 5870 and 6870) and buy 1060 (i now is a low tire card but its a monster for 1080p) .. nvidia + intel is win win (dont wana start red green battle trust me ) ... i got a list of amd cpus too from black range phenoms (heat+elec bill) to athlon xp and so on ... i dont like em .. do benches

but amd is done deal for me sry .. and i simply cry when i get amd hardware ... i waited for 6 months for driver update so ma monitor dont fliker cos of 60hrz bug ..

there a tons of problems with that amd hardware ... i do respect them for compiting with biger bether faster ... but thay are a childs play in pc world sry .. mabe lately show some go to top sindrome but will see xD

thay need to slap together 4cpus to make one biger stronger .. thats a joke .. thay waited sooo long to go 14nm microstructure (cos of what) xD

and i understand thay are sabotaged by drivers suport (phisyx) and stuff from nvidia and intel side .. that vulkan stuff is shamble too (again i can respect the amd for try to fight with oponents with same restrictions like blue team)

and the end mather is .. i need cheap pc that will do the job .. intel paired with nvidia is win win trust me ..

dont get ofended i realy wana amd do more .. thay suq sry

for the gear you listed is awsome .. i rock blody kebord with naga chroma (my old naga is molten hahah get it muhaha a )

and WOW ... yea i now hhahaha after wotkl thay go down fast ... but i still like it from time to time xD and im a only pvp player feral dudu and ench shamy

expecting quuotes with bolds now hahaha
    Last edited by fractal; 22nd May 2018 at 18:24.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fractal For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd May 2018), ljwheat (24th May 2018)

29. Link to Post #16
    Thanks

on the topic

do regular backups and do clean fresh installs on OS when can

tools for removing stuff is asking for truble ..

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fractal For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd May 2018), ljwheat (24th May 2018)

31. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks

games installed atm :

aven colony
    Call of Duty WWII
    Company of Heroes 2
    Cossacks 3
    DiRT 4
    Dirt Rally V1.1
    Disciples Reincarnation
    Doom
    Dungeons 3
    F1 2017
    Grand Theft Auto V
    NBA 2K18
    NFS Payback
    Port Royale 3
    Project CARS 2
    Rise of Venice
    Risk Factions
    SpellForce 3
    Stronghold 3
    Tekken 7
    Titanfall 2
    WRC 7

pc spec:

i7 7700k
    16gb DDr4 ripjaw 3200
    GTX 1060 6gb
    asrock gaming K4

My specs:
    MSI Mortar

People still play WoW?
    maaan dont get me started (trigered here lol) on this

ima amd boy from barton era ... BUT they saq .. i trow my x380 (im a owner of hd3870, "hd4870 i still hawe it its a 300wat monster this card is awsome yea", got 5870 and 6870) and buy 1060 (i now is a low tire card but its a monster for 1080p) .. nvidia + intel is win win (dont wana start red green battle trust me ) ... i got a list of amd cpus too from black range phenoms (heat+elec bill) to athlon xp and so on ... i dont like em .. do benches

but amd is done deal for me sry .. and i simply cry when i get amd hardware ... i waited for 6 months for driver update so ma monitor dont fliker cos of 60hrz bug ..

there a tons of problems with that amd hardware ... i do respect them for compiting with biger bether faster ... but thay are a childs play in pc world sry .. mabe lately show some go to top sindrome but will see xD

thay need to slap together 4cpus to make one biger stronger .. thats a joke .. thay waited sooo long to go 14nm microstructure (cos of what) xD

and i understand thay are sabotaged by drivers suport (phisyx) and stuff from nvidia and intel side .. that vulkan stuff is shamble too (again i can respect the amd for try to fight with oponents with same restrictions like blue team)

and the end mather is .. i need cheap pc that will do the job .. intel paired with nvidia is win win trust me ..

dont get ofended i realy wana amd do more .. thay suq sry

for the gear you listed is awsome .. i rock blody kebord with naga chroma (my old naga is molten hahah get it muhaha a )

and WOW ... yea i now hhahaha after wotkl thay go down fast ... but i still like it from time to time xD and im a only pvp player feral dudu and ench shamy

expecting quuotes with bolds now hahaha
    Lol ... you can keep your weak 4 core. At least you got the best gaming CPU Intel has ever made ... 8700k saw a mainstream six cores finally from Intel -- (only due to the fact they had to because the competition was offering way more for less), only to not perform quite as well as the 7700k in gaming framerates. Then came the AMD 12nm, and now there's no reason to stick with "one platform per generation" Intel.

I agree that anything AMD made based on their Bulldozer design was crap - big crap. Phenom I was crap too. But then again, Intel has made some utter crap in their day as well (Pentium 4 anyone?). I'm old enough to remember the race to 1ghz processors. The new AMD CPUS really do rock though, I have to say, and most reviews on Ryzen 2 concede that AMD is now more or less the leader (or equal, in the case of gaming) in performance AND performance per dollar.

From TechRadar:
    Quote The AMD Ryzen 7 2700X is undoubtedly the best consumer processor on the market right now. It’s only fair competitor ,the Intel Core i7-8700K, is slower on the single- and multi- core front and doesn’t offer much better gaming performance to justify its slightly more expensive price tag.

Though this is all partially thanks to Intel’s weakened post Spectre and Meltdown state, the improvements AMD has brought with Ryzen 2nd generation are astonishing. With the slow and steady tick-tock-tock CPU upgrade cycle we’ve been accustomed to in the last few years, we only expected bring marginal speed increases, but AMD has delivered yet another tidal shifting platform.
    When I first started wanting to upgrade my comp to get a decent rendering rig (gaming is secondary to me, and I don't have a 144hz monitor - regular old 60hz so 60 fps is enough), I was looking at the 6800k six core for $900 (just the CPU) Canadian. I couldn't afford it and almost cried, and I wasn't about to buy a crappy Bulldozer based CPU from AMD. I waited about 6 months, then AMD launched Ryzen. I got an 8 core for $375 that once OCd, stomps (like completely - not even the same ballpark) the 6800k in render, and the 6900k, and even the Intel 10 core 6950k in some rendering scenarios. The $6950k cost at that time was $2000.

Intel has now been adding cores and lowering prices since the Ryzen launched one year ago (rather frantically if you ask me). Ryzen 2 launches, games just as good as any Intel offering, and gives you up to 16 thread goodness when you need it. I can play games and render out 3D animations at the same time

So at the end of the day, Intel makes nothing that I really want for anywhere near the price I am willing to pay. Feeble four or six core processors won't cut it for me, and I am certainly not going to pay nearly double for the same core count beyond that (Threadripper vs i9) - and Xeon is waaay out of my price range ... yet I get to perform like one with my newish AMD CPU. You just can't beat that. And I can drop in a CPU upgrade when I want.

For GPUs I don't care much either way ... I look for bang for buck at the performance level I want, and I do consider longevity. AMD GPU platforms tend to mature over time, Nvidia slows down their older cards at the driver level to force you to upgrade (I don't know if they still do this since they've been caught, but they did).
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 22nd May 2018 at 23:34.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

fractal (23rd May 2018), ljwheat (24th May 2018)

33. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

I am also an avid PC & PS4 (For Exclusive games) gamer. I just finished God Of War on PS4 and it was awesome. Other then that I am also mostly a single player gamer. I play once in a while with buddies on BF1 but that's about it.

I use Malwarebytes, CCleaner and Windows Defender. No antivirus installed for years. Never had any problems. Offcourse working in the domain helps.

I7 7820X (8 cores)
    32g DDR4
    Asus GTX 1080TI
    Asus Gsync 27" 144hrz monitor

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptnNemo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (23rd May 2018), fractal (23rd May 2018), ljwheat (24th May 2018)

35. Link to Post #19
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by CaptnNemo (here)
    I am also an avid PC & PS4 (For Exclusive games) gamer. I just finished God Of War on PS4 and it was awesome. Other then that I am also mostly a single player gamer. I play once in a while with buddies on BF1 but that's about it.

I use Malwarebytes, CCleaner and Windows Defender. No antivirus installed for years. Never had any problems. Offcourse working in the domain helps.

I7 7820X (8 cores)
    32g DDR4
    Asus GTX 1080TI
    Niiice rig! ... I assume you use all those cores and RAM for "real" work as well? Video editing perhaps?

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

CaptnNemo (23rd May 2018), fractal (23rd May 2018), ljwheat (24th May 2018)

37. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

Cool Re: FYI: PC Gamer's heads up on Crashes, Disconnects, freezes, missing content, the list goes on

Quote Posted by CaptnNemo (here)

I7 7820X (8 cores)
    32g DDR4
    Asus GTX 1080TI
    Niiice rig! ... I assume you use all those cores and RAM for "real" work as well? Video editing perhaps?
    I do sometimes trans code videos and whatnot but to be honest I always had the mindset of acquiring the best I could afford in parts and always found someone to sell the previous hardware at a good price so the trade off is not as expensive when I upgrade.

It is one of my favorite hobbies also so I do invest more then the average PC gamer.

My complete rig is as follows.

- Coolermaster GX 750w - Chaser MK-I Full Tower - NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Cooling - Asus X299 Egaming Motherboard - Intel I7 - 7820X @ 4.5 GHZ - 32 gigs - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 - 3600 MHZ - M.2 Samsung 960 Pro 512 - Kingston HyperX SSD 120gb SATA 3 (6gb/s) - WD Black Caviar 2x 2TB SATA 3 (6gb/s) Raid 0 - WD Black Caviar 2 TB SATA 3 (6gb/s) - Asus Strix 1080Ti OC - 2037/6000 - Asus PG279Q 1440P - 165 Hrz

You can also add a 3 months old Sony XBR65X930E HDR 4k tv to go along the Ps4 Pro.
    Last edited by CaptnNemo; 23rd May 2018 at 01:45.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptnNemo For This Post:

DeDukshyn (23rd May 2018), fractal (23rd May 2018), ljwheat (24th May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast