+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is having children a crime against humanity?

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Wink Is having children a crime against humanity?

Hello everyone! I hope all members here 've had a great weekends!

As the title suggested, I'm posting this thread so as to know how members here think about having children?

Do you think having kids is a good or poor decision for one to make? Objectively, generally, of course! :-)

Putting it in the current context of constant social unrest globally, pollution, a global economy dominated by consumerism & idolism, overpopulation (at least in big cities, where the majority of us live), the upcoming Singularity, etc...I personally don't think that having kids is a good choice for us, unless maybe you managed to live isolatedly from the cities and the economy. If you're also a believer in the aliens' trap theory, this makes even more sense, but you don't have to be one to join this thread.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this topics! As a rule, the more perspectives the better! Thank you all in advance!!

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to woomap For This Post:

6pounder (7th June 2018), Bo Atkinson (21st May 2018), Bruno (22nd May 2018), Daozen (20th May 2018), DNA (20th May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), Feritciva (21st May 2018), Iloveyou (21st May 2018), Jad (23rd May 2018), littleOne (21st May 2018), Magnus (26th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (20th May 2018), Unicorn (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,633 times in 4,329 posts

Default Re: Is having children a crime against humanity?

On the contrary, in my opinion. Every new life is a gift to humanity. The only crimes against humanity involved will be the ones they'll inevitably be subjected to throughout their lives. Every single one of us breathing right now is a victim of greater or lesser crimes, perpetrated by those in the control pyramid.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

Daozen (20th May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), Iloveyou (21st May 2018), Matt P (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,087 times in 2,422 posts

No. Having a child or children is not a crime against humanity. It is usually a personal choice, but sometimes childbearing is a result of a circumstance or a series of circumstances.

Having children is one of the most, if not the most, important and far-reaching decisions one can make. More so than the decision not to have a child.

I’ve raised, or help raise, two children of my own and two step children. Not to mention 7 weiner dogs.

In all candor, if I knew (or believed) what I know/believe now I would likely choose not to have children. But by the same token, I love my children deeply and would not change a thing.

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Bob (20th May 2018), Bruno (22nd May 2018), Daozen (20th May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), Iloveyou (21st May 2018), Jad (23rd May 2018), Lettherebelight (22nd May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member DNA's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,876 times in 4,326 posts

You have a point with this thread.

But then again, if we are going to have some non-vacinated, non programmed, non-GMO'd, non-flouridated children then some of the folks on our side of the fence are going to have to have some children.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DNA For This Post:

Art (21st May 2018), Daozen (20th May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), Iloveyou (21st May 2018), Matt P (21st May 2018), petra (22nd May 2018), RunningDeer (21st May 2018), Valerie Villars (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    United States Avalon Member Tam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,363 times in 496 posts

I think saying it's a crime against humanity is a bit heavy-handed, but as a 22 year old woman, I already made the decision never to have children unless I become considerably wealthy. Which is unlikely.

I love children, and have no fears of motherhood, but for me it's about a greater moral issue, sort of like how most vegans see being vegan.

I don't want children because I know that the world is a rough place and going to ****. I don't want to bring another life into this chaotic, turbulent world.

The world is overpopulated, the environment is going to hell, and resources will only become more and more scarce. It would be downright irresponsible for me to add to that load. Furthermore, the way things are headed globally, I don't know that my kid's life will be a good one.

Then, there's the prospect of parenting. To me, if you want to have kids, you need to accept that your life is, in a sense, over. Not in a bad way, but simply that everything is now about that child. You are no longer your own priority. Your luxuries and whims go on the backburner. The kid goes first, always (but not in a way that would spoil them).

Add to that the massive responsibilty of parenting and being the person whose decisions and choices largely impact how this life is going to be, and that's just way too much of a burden for me. I'm already an overanalytical worry-wart to begin with. If you give me kids, I don't know if I could handle it.

A lot of it also has to do with being honest with myself and what kind of girl I am. Committment isn't one of my strong suits. I can be materialistic and like the nice things in life. I want to travel and see the world. I don't like being locked down or anchored to anything. Freedom and flexibility are extremely important to me. People like me shouldn't have kids. It's not that we're selfish, but simply that we're not the "settle down and stay in one place forever" types.

Plus, the idea of birthing the kids is terrifying, and genetically, I'll end up like my grandmother and mother and become fat forever if I have kids. I want to maintain my youth and figure as long as possible. Maybe that makes me shallow, but it is what it is.

Plus, I have a low pain tolerance.

If ever I change my mind, and I have lots of money, then maybe I will raise children. But they will be adopted, for the reasons I listed initially.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tam For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (21st May 2018), ByTheNorthernSea (22nd May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), earthdreamer (22nd May 2018), Iloveyou (21st May 2018), Magnus (26th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (21st May 2018), sherron44 (6th June 2018), Valerie Villars (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), Wind (22nd May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,528 times in 642 posts

Quote Posted by woomap (here)
    Hello everyone! I hope all members here 've had a great weekends!

As the title suggested, I'm posting this thread so as to know how members here think about having children?

Do you think having kids is a good or poor decision for one to make? Objectively, generally, of course! :-)

Putting it in the current context of constant social unrest globally, pollution, a global economy dominated by consumerism & idolism, overpopulation (at least in big cities, where the majority of us live), the upcoming Singularity, etc...I personally don't think that having kids is a good choice for us, unless maybe you managed to live isolatedly from the cities and the economy. If you're also a believer in the aliens' trap theory, this makes even more sense, but you don't have to be one to join this thread.

I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts on this topics! As a rule, the more perspectives the better! Thank you all in advance!!
    If you meet the right partner and you both want a kid, have a kid. Maybe that kid will help us get out of the alien trap and the singularity trap and the pollution trap and the war of the sexes trap and the trap in the woods and the city trap and the trap in the desert.... Love between two should decide if a child should come. Have one, not four... (did I mention the vaccine trap ) !!

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Caliban For This Post:

dynamo (22nd May 2018), Iloveyou (21st May 2018), littleOne (21st May 2018), petra (22nd May 2018), Valerie Villars (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,288 times in 146 posts

I think having children and being invested/involved in their upbringing is one of the most rewarding challenges in this reality, although I can understand why people wouldn't want to have them once their eyes are open to how ****ty this world can be. I have 3 boys that are not vaccinated, eat a nutritious and balanced diet (no GMO, limited fluoridated water, lots of organic veggies/fruits from a local farmer), are educated to think for themselves and be empathetic and it's a struggle watching them go to school and being taught to be dumbed down. I won't lie though - it is very emotionally draining to have to deal with the herd mentality sheeple attacking you for being different with how you raise your kids... from my experience the more sheeplike a person is the more vocal they will be and trying to educate them is often an exercise in futility.

Provided I can be a good guide and mentor to help them grow up into happy, confident, intelligent men, I like to think that I'll have contributed to this world a few more sane people although I am concerned about what the future holds for them.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Libico For This Post:

anandacate (21st May 2018), Basho (22nd May 2018), DNA (21st May 2018), littleOne (21st May 2018), Matt P (21st May 2018), sherron44 (6th June 2018), Tam (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

How could the one thing that ensures the existence of humanity be simultaneously a sin against humanity? If literally everyone would stop having babies, humanity would cease to exist in less than 100 years (assuming transhumanism hasn't taken over by that point). So the short answer: no, of course not.

Your leaders don't want you to procreate because they don't want more of us to control, and so they are working very hard to make sure that you don't. For instance by causing mass sterility among men and women through water and food (mainly in Africa for now), and by convincing you through media and toxic culture that marriage is a horrible, oppressive construct that no one who really loves themselves should want to partake in, and that having children ruins your life because of its enormous responsibility.

They'd much rather you go to the government for a test-tube baby if you really do want one, than to have people in strong and independent family units that are therefore less reliant on government because they can take care of themselves.

I also don't believe in the whole "overpopulation" idea as this also aids in making us believe that there are too many of us and that we're nothing but a burden to this planet. Sure, because we're all being taken off the land and put into the big cities en masse (because we're much easier to control when we're all lumped together in the same location), one could easily believe this to be true when looking around him and seeing that the cities are getting more crowded by the year, but I don't think that's accurate. I think that there's more than enough space for all of us if 1) we'd be allowed to live on the land again, and 2) if it wouldn't be made priceless to do so.

And while I agree with you that the current western civilization isn't exactly a loving and care-free place to live in, I think it speaks for itself that we, the people, are the only ones in a position to rectify that. And that goes for all future generations as well. It's not going to be done for us.

So no, please don't fall for the propaganda and the lies of your leaders. They are the only ones who will benefit from that.
    Last edited by Rhah; 21st May 2018 at 08:45.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rhah For This Post:

dynamo (22nd May 2018), Jayke (21st May 2018), Lettherebelight (22nd May 2018), Matt P (21st May 2018), RunningDeer (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Greece Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,019 times in 284 posts

Existential questions cannot be answered by the mind. It's not the mind's role to do that. They can only be answered by the Heart.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZenBaller For This Post:

dynamo (22nd May 2018), littleOne (21st May 2018), Valerie Villars (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Language
    Interlac
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,691 times in 13,806 posts

I think the wrong question is being asked, how about: Do we owe future generations an apology? I'd say the answer is a resounding yes!
    I for one will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this Earth - Malcolm X / Tsar Of The Star

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Star Tsar For This Post:

Basho (22nd May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), Jad (23rd May 2018), Libico (21st May 2018), robinr1 (21st May 2018), Valerie Villars (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,417 times in 326 posts

Your kidding right ! Only an evil globalist or brainwashed minion would think that. The earth is here for the only reason to allow spirit to take a human form in order to experience and learn.
    Blessings,
    Yiola

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yiolas For This Post:

dynamo (22nd May 2018), Lettherebelight (22nd May 2018), Matt P (21st May 2018), Rhah (21st May 2018), robinr1 (21st May 2018), RunningDeer (21st May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 times in 699 posts

Hello Everyone:

Not having children is a crime against humanity! Without children there would soon not be humanity.
    I have 4 kids and kids are extremely special and know things that even as old as I am I would have never known without having kids. Each kid has talents and ideas that I could only dream to have or acquire.
    Anyone without kids doesn't even know what they're talking about until they have at least one child and have to raise it 24 hours a day.
    Kids are digital and I am analog. Until you realize this you shouldn't have kids. Kids know more than all of us give them credit.
    This is why I love each of my kids more than life itself.............
    chancy

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to chancy For This Post:

anandacate (21st May 2018), Lettherebelight (22nd May 2018), Libico (21st May 2018), lilac (26th May 2018), Matt P (21st May 2018), petra (22nd May 2018), Star Tsar (22nd May 2018), william r sanford72 (21st May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018), yiolas (26th May 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Turkey Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,447 times in 216 posts

Quote Posted by yiolas (here)
    Your kidding right ! Only an evil globalist or brainwashed minion would think that. The earth is here for the only reason to allow spirit to take a human form in order to experience and learn.
    on the contrary, only a "hormone-washed" minion could think of having children (more minions) in today's world.

see, the problem with alternative community is being so quick to name others who do not think & act like ourselves. wish we would be this quick for awareness & respect too.

by the way, i agree it is not a good choice to have children in todays world. wouldnt say "it's a crime" but when one thinks of what's going on... it may also be a crime against Spirit.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Feritciva For This Post:

dynamo (22nd May 2018), Magnus (26th May 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 times in 2,841 posts

Watching a child being born and being a father taught me an aspect of unconditional love i had lost and was unaware of...the wonder of birth is no small bit o magic..in the true sense of the word..a miracle.

The movie Children Of Men based on a book by P.D. James also comes to mind..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children_of_Men

Children of Men is a 2006 British-American dystopian thriller film directed and co-written by Alfonso Cuarón. The screenplay, based on P. D. James' 1992 novel The Children of Men, was credited to five writers, with Clive Owen making uncredited contributions. The film takes place in 2027, where two decades of human infertility have left society on the brink of collapse. Illegal immigrants seek sanctuary in the United Kingdom, where the last functioning government imposes oppressive immigration laws on refugees. Owen plays civil servant Theo Faron, who must help a refugee (Clare-Hope A****ey) escape the chaos. Children of Men also stars Julianne Moore, Michael Caine, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Charlie Hunnam.

Cease fire miracle scene (Children of Men 2006)

Who would want to live in a world without children?

William.
    Last edited by william r sanford72; 21st May 2018 at 14:37.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

anandacate (21st May 2018), DNA (21st May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), Matt P (21st May 2018), RunningDeer (21st May 2018), Star Tsar (21st May 2018), Wind (22nd May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

If I could go back, I may have just stuck with one child instead of three - Raising a child is an experience you can't get elsewhere. Raising a whole bunch of them is at least a crime against one's own sanity, if not against humanity.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

dynamo (22nd May 2018), happyuk (22nd May 2018), Magnus (26th May 2018), petra (22nd May 2018), RunningDeer (21st May 2018), Star Tsar (22nd May 2018), Swan (26th May 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd May 2018), Wind (22nd May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    I think the wrong question is being asked, how about: Do we owe future generations an apology? I'd say the answer is a resounding yes!
    Blanket statements
    make me shiver.

I don’t owe future generations an apology. I share when and where I can and have for most of my life; when added all up it's a considerable number. There are many just like me.

I never agreed to be lumped into a group of tyrannical a******s. And I don’t give permission to anyone to speak on my behalf.

Sorry, Star Tsar. I couldn't let that one slide.

Last edited by RunningDeer; 22nd May 2018 at 00:00.

32. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

Basho (22nd May 2018), ByTheNorthernSea (22nd May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), KiwiElf (22nd May 2018), Lettherebelight (22nd May 2018), Mike (21st May 2018), Rhah (21st May 2018), Star Tsar (22nd May 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd May 2018), woomap (21st May 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,452 times in 8,541 posts

Quote Posted by RunningDeer (here)
    Quote Posted by Star Tsar (here)
    Blanket statements
    make me shiver.

I don’t owe future generations an apology. I share when and where I can and have for most of my life; when added all up it's a considerable number. There are many just like me.

I never agreed to be lumped into a group of tyrannical a******s. And I don’t give permission to anyone to speak on my behalf.

Sorry, Star Tsar. I couldn't let that one slide.

ooooh ....

But we are the generation who knew about it but really, at the end of the day did nothing about it. We all have the internet with great guides on how to grow a garden so as to not buy Monsanto poison, but did we? We all knew the banks were the most evil entity on the planet - directly responsible for all the worlds debt and loss of power to the debtors, but what did we do about it? Do you have a bank account and lend them your money so they can make 5x from you money that you get paid for lending it to them? Do you still have the bank account even though the "fees" for computer maintenance and transaction costs absolutely take that away plus a bunch, even though computers make he banks100% more efficient than in the old paper days? Your just going to accept these rates for things that actually save them money. Did yo ever buy a bottle of water? See your friends with them and not say something? More thousands upon thousands of square miles of it in the oceans, yet you still buy products wrapped in plastic -- directly giving the recipients and their vendors motive to keep going ... Still fill a car with gas? Yet at the same $ per barrel in 2008 we now pay almost double at the pumps ... perfectly fine to get taken advantage of in this way even at the cost of the destruction of our planet -- -"please! Oh please! Can you charge me double for this gas and gouge the **** out of me and destro the plaent at the same time???! I'll pay you double, just like the pump tells me!!"

Paula, you may actually be one of those people who live off the land, in a community where self production sharing is the commerce, and you may not be lending anythign to all the things that are actively destroying our home, and adding to the power structures that really have no intention on making our grandchildren's lives easy or without sacrifice; but for 95% of us ... this isn;'t the case. We are all actively destroying our planet and negatively affecting our future. Whether one sees this or not is irrelevant, whetyher or not one has hope, somewhat relevant, but at this stage, I think we still have a whole lot of direction shift needed ... don't get me wrong, the optimism is needed, but I don't think that optimism shuts down the view of really where we are presently --- it just might be the motivation needed, in fact ... my 2 cents
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 22nd May 2018 at 01:23. Reason: lots of spelling -- I was a bit drunk too ...
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

dynamo (22nd May 2018), Jad (23rd May 2018), RunningDeer (22nd May 2018), Star Tsar (22nd May 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd May 2018), woomap (22nd May 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    United States Avalon Member RunningDeer's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 168,302 times in 18,139 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    ooooh ....

Paula, you may actually be one of those people who live off the land, in a community ... don't get me wrong, the optimism is needed, but I don't think that optimism shuts down the view of really where we are presently --- it just might be the motivation needed, in fact ... my 2 cents
    Mike, I deleted the ways I make a difference. The bottom line is I do.

I don't accept society’s label I am ‘that’ generation. Society knows nothing about me.

You’d see how small I live if you spent a day with me. BUT…I’m a millionaire in my little corner of paradise. And you’d feel it too as soon as you stepped into my humble abode.

my 2 cents

Last edited by RunningDeer; 22nd May 2018 at 16:32.

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RunningDeer For This Post:

DeDukshyn (22nd May 2018), dynamo (22nd May 2018), KiwiElf (22nd May 2018), Lettherebelight (22nd May 2018), Libico (22nd May 2018), Star Tsar (22nd May 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd May 2018), woomap (22nd May 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Wales Avalon Member
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,230 times in 941 posts

Well I've committed three such "crimes" already

I don't buy into the globalist claptrap about overpopulation, lack of resources etc that are all designed to keep us in a state of perpetual fear.

No, I think the number of souls incarnating on this planet is largely governed by spiritual factors

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to happyuk For This Post:

dynamo (22nd May 2018), Lettherebelight (22nd May 2018), petra (22nd May 2018), RunningDeer (22nd May 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd May 2018), woomap (22nd May 2018), yiolas (26th May 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Having children is as natural as breathing, IMO.
    Intentionally stopping breathing is suicidal.
    You can fill in the rest...

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Lettherebelight (22nd May 2018), RunningDeer (22nd May 2018), william r sanford72 (22nd May 2018), woomap (22nd May 2018), yiolas (26th May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast