+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CNN's Ratings Plunge 30 Percent?

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Question CNN's Ratings Plunge 30 Percent?

by Sean Adl-Tabatabai
    May 18, 2018
    from YourNewsWire Website

CNN is on the verge of permanently closing its doors after its ratings collapsed even more than last week, falling a staggering 30 percent in the second week of May.
    While Fox News increased its total viewers by a healthy 6 percent and MSNBC held steady, CNN's viewership took a nosedive, signaling that the failing news network may be about to come to an abrupt end.
    While no one in the media want to talk about it, CNN's relentless fake news sprees have not only created a massive credibility problem for the hate network, the far-left cable channel's ratings crisis is even more severe.
    CNN lies... Numbers do not…
    Last week, during the all-important primetime hours, CNN was only able to average 844K total viewers. During this same week last year, CNN averaged 1.191 million. That is a -29 percent collapse.

CNN's average total day viewers disintegrated by -25 percent, 841K compared to 635K.
    In other words, throughout the day last week, CNN could only attract an average of 635,000 total viewers.

Fox News, however, is thriving. Last week, Fox averaged 2.487 million primetime viewers, nearly three times that of CNN's 844K, and 1.463 million total day viewers, more than twice CNN's 635K.
    While MSNBC is in a distant second place behind Fox, it is still leaving CNN in the dust with an average of 1.667 million primetime viewers and 913K total day viewers.

Incredibly, CNN's second week of May this year was even worse than the first week, which was already catastrophic. During week one, CNN attracted a dismal 859K primetime viewers, but that was still better than week two, which dropped even further to 844K.

In total day viewers, the anti-Trump channel dipped from a ruinous week one of just 649K viewers to an even more ruinous week two of 635K.

Compared to the full month of May last year, the Stormy Daniels Network is collapsing even more in the advertiser-coveted 25-54 age demo. During the full month of May 2017, CNN average 399K demo viewers during primetime.

Last week that number collapsed a whopping -35 percent to just 259K. In total day, the damage was -34 percent, from 274K demo viewers to a humiliating 183K.
    By comparison, Fox News averaged 492K demo viewers during primetime (almost double CNN) and 296K demo viewers during the total day. MSNBC averaged 326K demo viewers during primetime and 190K during total day.

The third week of May is already looking like it could be even worse for CNN.
    On Monday, despite the massive news surrounding the opening of the American embassy in Jerusalem, CNN averaged a dismal 643K total day viewers, compared to Fox and MSNBC's 1.76 million and 1.13 million, respectively.

During primetime Monday, CNN could only attract a scant 765K total viewers. Fox nearly quadrupled CNN with 2.89 million viewers. MSNBC more than doubled CNN with 1.93 million.
    The bottom line is that CNN's ongoing and well-documented credibility crisis has now come home to roost as a five-alarm ratings crisis...

2. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Alan (27th May 2018), Art (29th May 2018), avid (27th May 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (27th May 2018), BMJ (29th May 2018), ceetee9 (27th May 2018), DNA (27th May 2018), enigma3 (27th May 2018), Fellow Aspirant (27th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th May 2018), ghostrider (27th May 2018), Hervé (27th May 2018), Inversion (27th May 2018), Jayke (27th May 2018), KiwiElf (27th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th May 2018), Matt P (27th May 2018), Michelle Marie (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018), onevoice (28th May 2018), Spellbound (27th May 2018), toppy (27th May 2018), yiolas (30th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Canada Avalon Member Fellow Aspirant's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,595 times in 1,002 posts

Default CNN's Ratings Plunge 30 Percent?

I don't even need to check with Snopes to know that this is an insanely huge dump of malarkey. The source is a fantasy farm for the Alt-Right.

This piece of tripe follows on another attack on CNN that was widely circulated last week; I used to like ECETI, but it's gone off the reality rails over a year ago and now is responsible for the dissemination of guff like THIS ( I'm so glad that no one here reposted it). the only truthful thing in the "report" is tagged right at the end, (boldened text by me) when it includes info about a censorship move by Scott Pruitt. Shame on him.

Here's the wild part:

The CNN head office in Atlanta, Georgia, was raided by Federal Communications Commission (FCC) agents Tuesday in an operation related to the “violation of press guidelines” including “publishing and promotion of blatantly false information designed to deceive the American public,” according to reports.

The FCC arrived unannounced and seized documents and hard drives as part of their investigation, including all of the “source data” the network has used for their stories.

MSNBC and the Associated Press are also reported to have been raided by the FCC for violating press guidelines, including the “printing of blatant lies“, the “publishing and promotion of stories which require immediate retractions while not promoting the retractions“, according to a source within one of networks.

According to the FCC, “Broadcasters may not intentionally distort the news.” It is understood that CNN, MSNBC and the AP are under investigation for breaking FCC rules. The FCC states that “rigging or slanting the news is a most heinous act against the public interest.“

According to reports, the FCC has received “documented evidence” from within the three organizations that prove a “conspiracy to misinform and deceive” the American public. According to the FCC:

“The FCC may act only when it has received documented evidence, such as testimony from persons who have direct personal knowledge of an intentional falsification of the news. Without such documented evidence, the FCC generally cannot intervene.”

It is understood a whistleblower has leaked information that proves high-level interplay between CNN and Deep State government officials operating along partisan political lines. Newly revealed e-mails show that former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe was aware of CNN’s internal understanding of a secret briefing about the infamous Steele dossier, days before CNN published any stories on the matter.

The FCC has an informal policy that allows the agency to remove the license of individual broadcasters if the commission deems that they are “deliberately trying to mislead, misconstrue, slant or stage news.“

News of the FCC raid follows the EPA’s announcement Tuesday that CNN and the AP were no longer welcome to attend the government agency press conferences.

Guards barred an AP reporter from passing through a security checkpoint inside the building, according to NBC News. CNN said in a statement that its reporter also was turned away from covering the event “after multiple attempts to attend.”

The @EPA told @AP, @CNN they weren’t invited to @AdministratorPruitt’s #PFAS summit. EPA guards grabbed AP reporter by shoulders, shoved reporter out of building when she asked to talk to agency public-affairs person about covering meeting https://apnews.com/d799f4e096cc42cf99ae01b02d1e0688

— Ellen Knickmeyer (@KnickmeyerEllen) 7:18 AM – May 22, 2018
    Last edited by Fellow Aspirant; 27th May 2018 at 15:10.
    A human being is a part of the whole, called by us "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separate from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

Albert E.

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Fellow Aspirant For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th May 2018), Bruno (28th May 2018), Cipher (27th May 2018), Deega (27th May 2018), dynamo (27th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th May 2018), Jayke (27th May 2018), Jean-Marie (27th May 2018), justntime2learn (27th May 2018), Kryztian (27th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th May 2018), Matt P (27th May 2018), Nick Matkin (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018), onawah (27th May 2018), redryder (29th May 2018), Spellbound (27th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,742 times in 1,499 posts

Quote Posted by Fellow Aspirant (here)
    I don't even need to check with Snopes to know that this is an insanely huge dump of malarkey. The source is a fantasy farm for the Alt-Right.

B.
    Indeed. I though we were supposed to be more careful than the MSM about fact checking before we post stuff?

Just because some folks would like this to be true does, not relinquish the need for very basic checking...

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nick Matkin For This Post:

Ba-ba-Ra (27th May 2018), DNA (27th May 2018), dynamo (27th May 2018), Fellow Aspirant (28th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th May 2018), Jean-Marie (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018), Spellbound (27th May 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,819 times in 790 posts

Here are some real facts.

CNN's prime time veiwings are down for the first quarter

CNN's posted it's second best revenues for the first quarter in 10 years.

CNN is the 7th most watched cable network.

8. Link to Post #5
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

I think it's hard to know the "real facts" regarding what's happening with MSM. Numbers can be distorted. I think this May 14, 2018 tweet by Pat Sajak may hold a clue.

The average combined prime time viewership for Fox News, CNN & MSNBC is about 6 million. It means the other 320 million are not watching "experts" pontificate, speculate, bloviate and hyperventilate.

9. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Alan (27th May 2018), Art (29th May 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (27th May 2018), Basho (28th May 2018), Bruno (28th May 2018), DNA (27th May 2018), dynamo (27th May 2018), edina (27th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th May 2018), Hervé (27th May 2018), Inversion (27th May 2018), Jayke (27th May 2018), justntime2learn (27th May 2018), Justplain (29th May 2018), KiwiElf (27th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th May 2018), Matt P (27th May 2018), Michelle Marie (27th May 2018), mountain_jim (28th May 2018), onevoice (28th May 2018), redryder (29th May 2018), Spellbound (27th May 2018), wnlight (27th May 2018), yiolas (30th May 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member edina's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,172 times in 2,420 posts

While YourNewsWire does lack creditability, Breitbart does not. The article is essentially a copy and paste of a Breitbart article.

These two links, (If you click through) are source links for the data mentioned in both articles:

https://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/the-...-growth/364684

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cabl...bc-1202448761/

If CNN did post it's second best revenues for the first quarter in 10 years, I'd like to see how that was done, when it's viewership has dropped so significantly.
    Is it possible somebody is propping CNN up financially, so it can still be used as a "narrative control" tool?

Note Added: Almost forgot to point out the very first link in the YourNewsWire article, which isn't a part of the copy/paste bit from Breitbart links here:

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/e...and_Journalism

Some people may find the information at that link interesting.

(For example: https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/s...acontrol92.htm. It's dated from 2003, do they still have the same owners? )
    Last edited by edina; 27th May 2018 at 16:10.

11. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Alan (27th May 2018), Ba-ba-Ra (27th May 2018), DNA (27th May 2018), dynamo (27th May 2018), enigma3 (27th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th May 2018), Jayke (27th May 2018), justntime2learn (28th May 2018), KiwiElf (27th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th May 2018), Michelle Marie (27th May 2018), mojo (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018), Spellbound (27th May 2018), yiolas (30th May 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Brietbart reported that CNN's viewings were down. They did not report any rumors of CNN closing its doors.

13. Link to Post #8
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Jean-Marie (here)
    Brietbart reported that CNN's viewings were down. They did not report any rumors of CNN closing its doors.
    Yep, classic Click-Bait title.

Still, it is true, CNN's viewership is down 29% from this time last year.

I've never understood why Baxter chooses to click-bait? He's obviously sharp, ... just twisted. LOL ( Although I remember hearing he at one time earned about $10,000.00 a month, that's probably changed in the last year, or so.)

So, good rule of thumb for people, when you see YourNewsWire, or a byline by Baxter Dmitry or Sean (what's his name) ... or (click bait of any kind)

Just walk on by...

(Until he changes his names again. When in doubt, check out the known hoaxes section here.)

Thanks Bluegreen for adding Baxter

Still thinking: (thanks dynamo)

If CNN viewer ship is down 29%, how did CNN post it's second best revenues for the first quarter in 10 years?

And, who owns all these companies, anyway?

I'm sure the answer is some where here on Avalon, maybe someone could help...
    Last edited by edina; 27th May 2018 at 18:05.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

Bluegreen (27th May 2018), dynamo (27th May 2018), Fellow Aspirant (28th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th May 2018), Jean-Marie (27th May 2018), justntime2learn (27th May 2018), KiwiElf (27th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (27th May 2018), mojo (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018)

15. Link to Post #9
    Thanks

Quote Posted by edina (here)

If CNN viewer ship is down 29%, how did CNN post it's second best revenues for the first quarter in 10 years?

You are welcome, Edina.
    My pleasure and my apologies for not "fact checking" but I got the article from the link below, which I have been visiting (and enjoying a lot of the content) for years:
    https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/s...control205.htm
    BTW, a lot of the stuff on Avalon is "fringe" and no amount of "fact checking" is going to verify that every post on here is 100% accurate so take a chill pill, peoples...life is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too short to sweat the small stuff.
    As far as revenues, CNN can fudge the numbers, for one, charge more for air time, etc., etc, etc..
    Personally, I wish CNN did not exist as they have brainwashed my 86 year old Mom beyond treatment LOLOLOLOL!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Alan (27th May 2018), edina (27th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th May 2018), justntime2learn (27th May 2018), KiwiElf (27th May 2018), Matt P (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018)

17. Link to Post #10
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dynamo (here)

You are welcome, Edina.
    My pleasure and my apologies for not "fact checking" but I got the article from the link below, which I have been visiting (and enjoying a lot of the content) for years:
    https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/s...control205.htm
    BTW, a lot of the stuff on Avalon is "fringe" and no amount of "fact checking" is going to verify that every post on here is 100% accurate so take a chill pill, peoples...life is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too short to sweat the small stuff.
    As far as revenues, CNN can fudge the numbers, for one, charge more for air time, etc., etc, etc..
    Personally, I wish CNN did not exist as they have brainwashed my 86 year old Mom beyond treatment LOLOLOLOL!
    I agree about the "chill pill" ... exactly.

And, don't turn the brain off for any reason.

Which is why the data linked in the article you shared got me to thinking.

I used to love CNN, it was my preferred news channel. But that was back in the day of Paula Zahn.

Then I saw Paula reporting the spin story of the day in the push for the Iraq War, and I knew CNN was just as compromised as the rest. I stopped watching "normal" news altogether.

Paula left CNN in 2007, I think. I always felt she had integrity.

I discovered Baxter and his trickster ways, back in August of 2016.
    I clicked through on an article in the forum, the one claimed that people were being paid to protest.
    I kept clicking on through, and through, .... trying to find the original source of the claim, and landed on one of Baxter's sites.
    Once there, plenty of things red-flagged me. Including a request to donate for people without socks in LA.

The comments section of his site was very busy, because the titles of his blog posts were so emotionally hot.
    People were knee-jerk reacting. (Kinda like this woman does with Alexa.)

When I tried to find a way to contact the site owner, I discovered there was no way to contact the owner.

I went back to the blog that originally posted the link, Activist Post and let them know that their source link was fake.
    About three weeks later, the Washington Post ran an article about him.

This made me wonder of the possible relationship between the Activist Post and the Washington Post.

Almost everyone is compromised in some shape, form or fashion. It's very messy out there is Ozmedia-Land.
    Last edited by edina; 27th May 2018 at 19:11.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

dynamo (27th May 2018), Fellow Aspirant (28th May 2018), Foxie Loxie (27th May 2018), justntime2learn (28th May 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (28th May 2018), Matt P (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018)

19. Link to Post #11
    United States Administrator ThePythonicCow's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 138,650 times in 21,532 posts

I didn't have to go far to "fact check" this article (the one posted in the opening post of this thread.)

When I noticed the same article myself, in my scanning of various news sites, yesterday, my attention was gotten by the title "CNN to Permanently Close ...".

But then when I read the article, I observed that no data, fake or otherwise, was offered to support the claim that CNN was closing. Rather the offered data described declines in CNN viewership.

Then I noticed the question mark "?" at the end of the title. Not even the title was claiming that CNN was closing; the title was merely (in a misleading way) asking if CNN would close.

I briefly cursed myself for wasting a click and a few moments of my time on a click-bait title and resumed my scan of other articles and sites.

===

I would encourage members posting material on Avalon to read and understand it first.

I would also encourage members to change sensationalist or click-bait titles that are on the original article, to more accurate titles on new threads that they create here on Avalon (perhaps even adding a note in their post, describing the title change they did, if that's useful information.)
    My quite dormant website: pauljackson.us

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThePythonicCow For This Post:

Alan (27th May 2018), Bruno (28th May 2018), dynamo (27th May 2018), edina (27th May 2018), Fellow Aspirant (28th May 2018), Jean-Marie (28th May 2018), justntime2learn (28th May 2018), KiwiElf (27th May 2018), Kryztian (27th May 2018), Michi (28th May 2018), mountain_jim (28th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018)

21. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Here's a side note, but about media in general:

I've noticed that the so-called "Legacy" newswires, which people seem to claim are still trustworthy, ... Reuters, AP, do not have source links.
    They are considered to be sources.

Then I heard someone refer to them as the news outlets of the "generational wealth". It got me to thinking.

This one also has said, there are 14 "generational wealth families", or dynasties.
    I've often wondered of the relationship between these; the 14 dynastic families, the 33 mentioned by Charles, and the 7, who evidently traveled to China.

The "social credit" system happening in China at the moment is quite scary.
    Last edited by edina; 27th May 2018 at 19:42.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

dynamo (27th May 2018), Fellow Aspirant (28th May 2018), KiwiElf (27th May 2018), meeradas (28th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018)

23. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

I used to love CNN, it was my preferred news channel. But that was back in the day of Paula Zahn.
    Personally, I never really watched CNN much.
    It was HNN for me as I traveled around North America extensively in the 80s and 90s on business.
    Most every hotel had HNN and the USA today in print so that's where I got my info.
    30 minutes of HNN had me caught up with the current events then the USA Today at the airport or in flight to kill more time between reading my favorite magazines.

I remember in 1991, when most every TV was showing CNN covering the Iraq war, thinking "why are they broadcasting this nonsense"?
    "Is this what we want our children to be raised watching?"
    Since then, the only thing I know about CNN is their use of "green screens" to pass off as "Live" broadcasts!
    What a joke!
    Don't watch much of any news broadcasts or read newspapers for easily more than 20 years.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

edina (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018)

25. Link to Post #14
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Don't watch much of any news broadcasts or read newspapers for easily more than 20 years.
    I think this is one of the major qualities that people on Avalon have in common.

-->

(One of the skills I'm trying to learn more is how to glean better from source documents. It's an aspect of the Q posts that I find helpful.)

In my head, I can start piecing together context. But, I haven't learned how to speak it, yet.

Also, I don't yet have a repertoire of skills to say, know automatically, how to answer the questions I asked above.

I feel it would be useful for these sorts of skills to be common knowledge.
    Last edited by edina; 27th May 2018 at 20:11.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to edina For This Post:

dynamo (27th May 2018), KiwiElf (27th May 2018), Matt P (27th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018), Spellbound (28th May 2018), ThePythonicCow (27th May 2018)

27. Link to Post #15
    Germany Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,190 times in 1,661 posts

CNN will not easily go away- just like Hillary Clinton; if it is replaced it will be replaced by something on the same level unless enough people have become aware of the machinations behind CNN and if so only then can things be changed-

Larry

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cardillac For This Post:

dynamo (28th May 2018), edina (27th May 2018), justntime2learn (28th May 2018), Noelle (27th May 2018), Spellbound (28th May 2018)

29. Link to Post #16
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

My answer to "CNN to Permanently Close its Doors as Ratings Plunge 30 Percent?" is from my dowsing. The answer is "No!"

I dowse from the Source. :-)

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

Jean-Marie (28th May 2018), justntime2learn (28th May 2018), Noelle (28th May 2018), onevoice (28th May 2018)

31. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Default Re: CNN's Ratings Plunge 30 Percent?

Moderators Note Here: I have changed the title of this thread from "CNN to Permanently Close its Doors as Ratings Plunge 30 Percent?" to Cnn's Ratings Plunge 30 Percent?

The title of the thread was click bait and misleading.

32. Link to Post #18
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,262 times in 21,088 posts

Am NO CNN fan and NO Snopes Fan ... but please use original trusted sources (if any) and NOT "yournewswire" often mixing half-truths with disinfo https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-ratings-plunge/
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 28th May 2018 at 15:41.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

33. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

dynamo (28th May 2018)

34. Link to Post #19
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

The following message appears at the beginning of a tv show titled called 48 Hours (CBS News):

"This program is based on real events. Certain names and details have been changed. Viewer discretion is advised."

I think a message like that should be applied at the beginning of all news stories or at least kept in mind when considering the significance of said message being disseminated as supposed fact.
    Knock Knock

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

dynamo (28th May 2018), edina (28th May 2018)

36. Link to Post #20
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,262 times in 21,088 posts

No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

dynamo (29th May 2018), Lettherebelight (29th May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread