+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When it’s Not your Body, but your Soul that’s Tired.

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Default When it’s Not your Body, but your Soul that’s Tired.

Via Alex Myles on May 22, 2018

When we’ve gone through periods of extreme emotional or mental stress, our souls can go into temporary deep rest, which can feel similar to the symptoms associated with being depressed.

As much as we may try to lift ourselves out of it by thinking positively or attempting to shift our state through forcing ourselves to become more physically energetic, we will likely still feel vibrationally low.

The reason for this is that our soul needs time to repair in the same way tired muscles or broken bones take time to heal. Even though our soul is not visible, it is every bit as important as the vessel it’s contained in, and it is vital that we prioritise soul healing in the same way we place high importance on body damage.

One of the most noticeable signs of a tired soul is the desire to sleep much longer than normal—and even when we are not asleep, we struggle to motivate ourselves to carry out basic functions (to the level that even getting out of bed in the morning might seem impossible).

If we do not pay attention to our soul, and we ignore the warning signs that our energy is rapidly depleting, it can lead to more severe, long-term conditions such as mental health issues, chronic anxiety, or depression.

When our soul is exhausted, we may notice that not only does our body feel like a lead weight and every movement is hard work, but all our sensitivities are heightened and we may feel on edge, running on adrenaline. Little things that we normally feel able to cope with seem as though they are too much to bear, and we become overwhelmed and close to a meltdown at the thought of dealing with anything out of the ordinary life might throw our way.

Here are some of the most common signs and symptoms that one’s soul is depleted of energy:

1. During the day, all we want to do is lie down and rest—and we are more prone to take frequent naps that we struggle to fully awaken from. When we do awaken, we still feel as though we are in a deep slumber, and we go through the day in a zombie-like state where everything seems as though it is playing out in slow motion. During the night, our sleep is restless as we experience turbulent, realistic dreams and nightmares that remain on our mind.

2. When someone asks us what is wrong with us, we fail to have any clear or concise answers that can fully translate how we feel. We know that something deep and complex is happening at a cellular level, but we can’t quite describe why we feel unable to shift out of our current state of being—or exactly why we feel this way in the first place.

3. We feel an intense aching sensation throughout our body, and we may experience tension headaches, stomachaches, ears ringing, dizziness, and blurred vision without any medical reason.

4. We feel as though we are out of sync with our current timeline; therefore, our mind is either operating a few moments before our body or a few moments slower, causing us to feel disorientated and fragmented.

5. All emotions are intensified, so we may feel highly emotional and tears will flow easily. We feel as though our hearts could burst with love and compassion or break due to heartache and devastation from one moment to the next.

6. Feeling a profound sense of loneliness even when around other people. Suddenly we question who we can truly trust, who genuinely cares, and who in our lives has ulterior motives.

7. Our bodies and muscles feel significantly weakened, and any movement feels exhausting; we lack energy, and exercise is no longer enjoyable but seems like hard work.

8. We experience chronic anxiety or mild panic attacks.

9. We have angry, bitter, resentful, or jealous thoughts about other people—when normally we are forgiving, compassionate, and don’t hold grudges.

10. Feeling uncertain about the future, jaded about life, and disinterested in hobbies and pursuits that we once enjoyed. The desire to leave everything behind and start over becomes more tempting by the day.

(Keep in mind that if you experience any of the symptoms listed here, please also seek the advice of a medical professional, as they could also be related to other medical-related causes.)

Our souls can feel weary, burdened, and fatigued for a variety of reasons. We may have gone through (or still be going through) a breakup that is taking its toll on our emotional and mental health. We may have suffered a great loss and are dealing with extreme grief, or we may be facing a series of life changes that are difficult to keep up with, as our daily reality is altering beyond recognition.

Other reasons may be that we are surrounded by people whose energy feels toxic; we are not living our truth, and we are putting others before ourselves—“people pleasing” and struggling to say no. Or, when we push ourselves too hard that we reach burnout level and “hit the wall.” Or, if we consume an unhealthy diet or foster addictions such as drugs and alcohol; or if we are dissatisfied with our life, we are in a job we dislike, we are experiencing abuse, or when we are holding on to the past instead of surrendering to the present moment.

Whatever the reason, our body and soul have been thrown out of alignment and require some time, care, and gentleness so that we can reenergise and realign.

To do this, we can:

1. Prioritise time for essential self-care over all else.

2. Rest as much as we need to.

3. Switch off technology and spend time doing our favourite things, such as reading, baking, art, listening to soothing music, hiking in nature, singing, candlelit salt-water baths, being around those we feel most comfortable with, or watching our favourite movies.

4. Taking time for spiritual practices, such as learning about the healing benefits of crystals, yoga, meditation, drumming, and sun or moon gazing.

5. Detox and consume high-vibrational fresh fruits and vegetables.

6. Avoid negative self-talk. Whenever we catch ourselves talking down and criticising ourselves, we should stop what we are doing and become aware of our words—and then replace them with loving, kinder ones.

7. Spend time focusing on breathing exercises.

8. Practice grounding and balancing our energy.

The most essential thing to remember is that there is no time limit for healing a tired soul, so it is important to be patient with ourselves and to listen to our intuition, as it will guide us toward the root of the problem. Our souls are tough and resilient, and they will bounce back stronger than ever before.

When we are willing to pay attention to our soul’s cries, we are able to eliminate from our lives anything that causes us to feel debilitated and worn out—and to then replace anything harmful with positive, energising, meaningful experiences filled with radiance, beauty, and wonder—which is the remedy for a tired, burned-out soul and exactly what each one of us deserves.
    Last edited by dynamo; 30th May 2018 at 09:23.

2. The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Apulu (30th May 2018), astridmari (31st May 2018), Ben (30th May 2018), Bill Ryan (30th May 2018), Bruno (30th May 2018), Eben Yblod (30th May 2018), ErtheVessel (30th May 2018), Flyswim (31st May 2018), Globeflyer (30th May 2018), GMB1961 (30th May 2018), happyuk (31st May 2018), Hervé (30th May 2018), jjjones (30th May 2018), Joe Sustaire (3rd June 2018), justntime2learn (30th May 2018), Michelle Marie (30th May 2018), Mike (30th May 2018), NewFounderHome (31st May 2018), Noelle (30th May 2018), Ol' Roy (30th May 2018), Olam (30th May 2018), Omi (31st May 2018), pyrangello (30th May 2018), Satori (30th May 2018), selinam (30th May 2018), sunwings (30th May 2018), Tintin (30th May 2018), Unicorn (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (30th May 2018), Violet3 (31st May 2018), william r sanford72 (30th May 2018), Wind (31st May 2018), wondering (30th May 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,184 times in 32,903 posts

Default Re: When it’s Not your Body, but your Soul that’s Tired.

Yes, thanks. This is VERY important stuff.

Tiredness, when one isn't sick, allergic, or malnourished, almost always comes from
    • Frustrated or failed goals or purposes.
    • Incomplete communications or projects.
    People don't get tired from working hard. They get tired from working hard, or trying hard, with disappointing results.

This is a generalized catch-all, of course. But if you're feeling exhausted, do an audit of your life to check:
    • Have you given up on something that was blocked or which seemed too hard to finish?
    • Are you following someone else's goals and purposes rather than your own?
    • Do you have any important communications to handle? E.g. needed apologies, debts paid (of any kind!), or clearing up misunderstandings or relationship breaks?
    Always remember, with communication: that thing that you don't want to say, and that person you don't want to talk to, is usually the thing you should say, and the person you should talk to.

If one actually gets oneself together to do that, and it's a success, you might be AMAZED at the energy you'll recover.

Two important threads are most definitely relevant:

4. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

Apulu (30th May 2018), astridmari (31st May 2018), Ben (30th May 2018), Bruno (30th May 2018), dynamo (30th May 2018), ErtheVessel (30th May 2018), Flyswim (31st May 2018), happyuk (30th May 2018), Hervé (30th May 2018), jjjones (30th May 2018), Joe Sustaire (3rd June 2018), justntime2learn (30th May 2018), Michelle Marie (30th May 2018), Michi (30th May 2018), Mike (30th May 2018), Noelle (30th May 2018), Ol' Roy (30th May 2018), Olam (30th May 2018), Omi (31st May 2018), pyrangello (30th May 2018), RunningDeer (30th May 2018), Satori (30th May 2018), selinam (30th May 2018), sunwings (30th May 2018), Valerie Villars (30th May 2018), william r sanford72 (30th May 2018), Wind (31st May 2018), ZenBaller (30th May 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member ErtheVessel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,314 times in 133 posts

Yes, I feel this is real stuff. I have lived through what I would call soul exhaustion - very much as described above. I am amazed almost daily that I survived it.

I think it's true that an essential part of healing was to eliminate all the things in my life that were toxic, making me feel profoundly "debilitated and worn out," no matter how impossible it seemed to actually do that. But my body was dying from the inside out, and when that happens, one has no other option but to make radical, life-altering choices. Choices that were more true to my heart and my soul.

The points Bill has listed above are such useful guidelines - basic and essential facets so important to explore!
    Last edited by ErtheVessel; 30th May 2018 at 17:03.

6. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ErtheVessel For This Post:

astridmari (31st May 2018), Ben (30th May 2018), Bill Ryan (30th May 2018), Bruno (30th May 2018), dynamo (30th May 2018), Flyswim (31st May 2018), jjjones (30th May 2018), Michelle Marie (30th May 2018), Mike (31st May 2018), Omi (31st May 2018), pyrangello (30th May 2018), Wind (31st May 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

I do believe that this is where "will" is essential. Incredible, herculean will. But it can be done.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

astridmari (31st May 2018), Bill Ryan (30th May 2018), dynamo (30th May 2018), ErtheVessel (31st May 2018), Flyswim (31st May 2018), happyuk (31st May 2018), jjjones (30th May 2018), Michelle Marie (30th May 2018), Michi (30th May 2018), Mike (31st May 2018), Omi (31st May 2018), Wind (31st May 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    German
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 times in 438 posts

Quote Posted by Valerie Villars (here)
    I do believe that this is where "will" is essential. Incredible, herculean will. But it can be done.
    This is key. And the cord which leads one out of this labyrinth (or at least an advance) is to find out and define ones purpose.
    If one has no purpose, one can still ask oneself the following questions and take enough time to write the answers out on paper and use it as ones guiding course:

1. When do I feel that my life is most meaningful?
    2. What do I enjoy doing the most?
    3. What activities bring me the most passion and energy?
    4. What are my true priorities?
    5. What is the deepest purpose I would like to express in my life?
    "The greatest good you can do for another is not just share your riches, but to reveal to him his own."
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Michi For This Post:

astridmari (31st May 2018), Ben (31st May 2018), Bill Ryan (31st May 2018), ErtheVessel (31st May 2018), Flyswim (31st May 2018), Mike (31st May 2018), Omi (31st May 2018), Wind (31st May 2018)

+ Reply to Thread