+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A World For All of Us

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 times in 292 posts

Default A World For All of Us

Hi Guys,

Those of you who have read my main thread will know "I" became first vegetarian then vegan as a result of a spiritual awakening, a realization of the connection of Being which underlies all forms and appearances. In essence it was realized that to harm others was to harm ones self (albeit in a transitory sense, for Being cannot in itself be harmed).

Nevertheless I had known for some time prior to that awakening the benefits that result from a vegan diet ecologically, ethically and with regard to general health and wellbeing. A great source of information in this respect was Thom Hartmann's book "The Last Hours of Ancient Sunlight"...

https://www.amazon.com/Last-Hours-An.../dp/1400051576

An article which came out just today provides a clearer picture of the cost of meat vs plant based protein ecologically and is well worth a look...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2...option/9816168

From the article...

They replaced meat-derived protein with the equivalent from plant crops, and analysed the same impact-parameters.

The results were startlingly good for the environment, and potentially devastating for carnivores, according to study co-author Joseph Poore, from Oxford University.

"We reduced land use by 3.1 billion hectares — 76 per cent," Mr Poore said.

"And it had much higher [reduction in emissions] for countries like Australia, because you guys have quite a lot of beef in your diet and a lot of ruminant meat."

Overall, they estimated a vegan world would produce 49 per cent less food-based greenhouse gas emissions, 50 per cent less acidification on land, 49 per cent less eutrophication, and would use 19 per cent less water to meet our food-energy demands.

It is not my intention to judge anyone with different views on diet. I simply offer this information for your consideration, from a deep empathy for the suffering of our brothers and sisters in the animal kingdom, as well as empathy for those humans whose suffering is unknowingly created by their dietary choices.

Many thanks to Bassplayer1 for his thread discussing Dr. Michael Klaper's video A Diet For All Reasons...

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...=1#post1210206

In La'kesh
    tim
    Last edited by Shadowman; 2nd June 2018 at 02:09.
    Minimum Awareness, Maximum Problems
    Maximum Awareness, Minimum Problems
    Total Awareness, No Problems!

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shadowman For This Post:

Baby Steps (2nd June 2018), Caliban (2nd June 2018), dynamo (2nd June 2018), Ernie Nemeth (2nd June 2018), justntime2learn (2nd June 2018), Leonard (4th June 2018), Noelle (3rd June 2018), O Donna (2nd June 2018), Sunny-side-up (3rd June 2018), Wind (2nd June 2018), Zampano (2nd June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

Default Re: A World For All of Us

yes-

Human agriculture grows enough animal fodder on earth to feed all the humans directly. Giving it to animals, that we subsequently eat, is extraordinarily inefficient, in terms of energy.

Hemp is very productive in terms of calories per acre, and the human race, if it lived off hemp, could theoretically reduce land used for cultivation by 90% or thereabouts.

Food scarcity is totally unnecessary.

Still, humans have evolved the capacity to digest meat, which is very nutrient dense. There are some environments where cultivation is not possible, but the land can support ruminants. An indigenous Shaman would laugh at the idea of vegetarianism, but would be very thorough spiritually in terms of killing practises. The indiginous diets mostly have much less meat in them than the western diet.

The person who reduces their meat consumption from 50kg per year, to 20, is achieving the same as the one who goes from 30kg to zero. The person who cannot accept the evils of industrialized animal 'production' and only buys more humanely reared meat products probably helps.

We can drastically reduce our impact on our life support systems in these ways, and it is down to individual choices, when buying.
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 2nd June 2018 at 10:19.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

DeDukshyn (26th October 2019), dynamo (2nd June 2018), Ernie Nemeth (2nd June 2018), justntime2learn (2nd June 2018), Noelle (3rd June 2018), O Donna (3rd June 2018), Shadowman (2nd June 2018), Sunny-side-up (3rd June 2018), Zampano (2nd June 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,813 times in 292 posts

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    Hemp is very productive in terms of calories per acre, and the human race, if it lived off hemp, could theoretically reduce land used for cultivation by 90% or thereabouts.
    Hi Baby Steps,

It was read the other day on the Twitter page for #EyeTheSpy that Cern was being used for life extension experiments. If the CaBAAL are pursuing physical immortality in this and other areas (biochemical/ telomeres / adrenochrome / AI Consciousness transferral, etc) then the info on cannabis in the following video is perhaps relevant, it is certainly interesting. From an awakened perspective, trying to make the impermanent (physical body/mind) permanent is foolish, as is the pursuit of power over others. All would be better served finding their Eternal Being, which is closer than the tips of their noses,

https://www.tasciences.com/what-is-a-telomere/

According to a post on twitter (#Back Channel 17, now deactivated) allegedly by Julian Assange, which corroborates information provided on the Q page, together with a cryptic post by JA late last year offering a code with a link to a song "Paper Planes" by MIA, significant announcements/events are to take place from June 11-12 US time. As with all information on the internet discretion and discrimination are advised, Bill Smith is now calling fake on #EyeTheSpy. I will also post some relevant links for those who are interested, as I didn't see this info on the Qanon thread. Mods feel free to edit if I am mistaken....

IG Report, JA big reveal, NK (on again/off again) summit and a "Sky Event"??? Real or not, we live in interesting times, no?

From the comments...

Elaine H 2 months ago
    He is Neo Nazi Mike Enoch

Annette Rutherford 4 months ago
    Annette R Dutton if you look closely at Jack in the photo of 1921, you'll notice Jack has his hands positioned as if he is Baphomet. Thus, I think the point that Julian is making is that the El-ite behind globalisation are of the Set (Satan)

Neo Nazis, Fallen Angels, Book of Enoch, Skull and Bones and I think the guy on the far left whose face changes at 54 secs may be Agent Smith aka Hugo Weaving lol. Whaddya think?

In Lak'ech
    tim
    Minimum Awareness, Maximum Problems
    Maximum Awareness, Minimum Problems
    Total Awareness, No Problems!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shadowman For This Post:

Baby Steps (3rd June 2018), O Donna (3rd June 2018), Theresa (3rd June 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Thank you

Mind blown.

This raises the question of cannabis in the ancient world, as a foodstuff, medicine, and plant archetype.

They are suggesting that the plant archetype cannabis is fundamental to some ancient philosophies, but this has been hidden from view.

It occurrs...this plant is so useful in so many ways, and writings from ancient times are plentiful, particularly from the Romans.Roman medicine was surprisingly advanced, and their farming. How come there are not more references to Hemp as a medicine or food? Was it a guilty secret, or has it been cleverly erased from history?

we now know that the human metabolism uses 'endocannabinnoid' pathways.

brilliant.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (3rd June 2018), O Donna (3rd June 2018), Shadowman (3rd June 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,159 times in 1,663 posts

The choice becomes compounded by a tainted food supply.
    Knock Knock

10. The Following User Says Thank You to O Donna For This Post:

Shadowman (6th June 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

I did the following quick calculations to re-check my assertion that Hemp is a great food crop.

Even if the yield is halved to allow for processing of the seed, it is still stunningly productive in terms of calories per hectare. However, as per the article I found, there is a wide range of different yields within the Hemp group of species. The higher yielding ones are the ones containing cannabis:

Quote Industrial hemp is at least 5-7 times less productive for seed production than Cannabis Indica/Cannabis Sativa.
    Hemp as a food crop compared

Assumptions

Population 7 billion
    Calories per day 2000
    Global calories required per annum 5.11E+15

Suggested crops Calories per kg/ Kg per hectare/ Hectares needed

Potatoes 971 / 20000/ 263,130,793
    Sweet Chestnut 2400 / 2800/ 760,416,667
    Wheat 3000 / 8000/ 212,916,667
    Hemp (low) 4600 / 2000/ 555,434,783
    Hemp(medium) 4600/ 6000/ 185,144,928
    Hemp (high) 4600/ 12000/ 92,572,464
    soy 4000/ 2810/ 454,626,000

How Much Land is that?

Total Arable farm land:

USA 174,450,000
    India 159,650,000
    Russia 121,780,000
    China 103,400,000
    Brazil 59,000,000

The problem is not how to feed the earth, rather how to stabilise the population. That calls for universal access to basic healthcare, stable societies without war, and education.

Would the higher THC content be a problem?
    Last edited by Baby Steps; 25th October 2019 at 06:56.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Trisher (26th October 2019), Valerie Villars (27th October 2019)

13. Link to Post #7
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 times in 437 posts

I did the following quick calculations to re-check my assertion that Hemp is a great food crop.

Even if the yield is halved to allow for processing of the seed, it is still stunningly productive in terms of calories per hectare. However, as per the article I found, there is a wide range of different yields within the Hemp group of species. The higher yielding ones are the ones containing cannabis:

Quote Industrial hemp is at least 5-7 times less productive for seed production than Cannabis Indica/Cannabis Sativa.

Hemp as a food crop compared

Assumptions

Population 7 billion
    Calories per day 2000
    Global calories required per annum 5.11E+15

Suggested crops Calories per kg/ Kg per hectare/ Hectares needed

Potatoes 971 / 20000/ 263,130,793
    Sweet Chestnut 2400 / 2800/ 760,416,667
    Wheat 3000 / 8000/ 212,916,667
    Hemp (low) 4600 / 2000/ 555,434,783
    Hemp(medium) 4600/ 6000/ 185,144,928
    Hemp (high) 4600/ 12000/ 92,572,464
    soy 4000/ 2810/ 454,626,000

How Much Land is that?

Total Arable farm land:

USA 174,450,000
    India 159,650,000
    Russia 121,780,000
    China 103,400,000
    Brazil 59,000,000

The problem is not how to feed the earth, rather how to stabilise the population. That calls for universal access to basic healthcare, stable societies without war, and education.

Would the higher THC content be a problem?
    Maybe a return to growing our own veg where we can would help somewhat. We used to grow our own but then traded it for work to make the money to pay someone else to grow our food. We can no longer trust the quality of the food we find in the shops. A small start in the garden or even sprouting on window sills would be a good beginning.
    This link calculates the amount of land and food required for a family of four.

https://www.thespruce.com/how-many-v...garden-1403355

However it all depends upon the method and the amount of land you have. If you go the no dig method it saves time and energy and massive amounts can be grown on smaller plots. I like Charles Dowding's Youtubes ( https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...harles+dowding ) for the sheer lack of backbreaking digging and huge results he gets from a small plot. If you have to put in endless hard work to get your veggies then you probably will not sustain the effort. Charles runs a small market garden and so grows enough to sell as well as to eat and he inspires people to rethink their growing methods.

Trisher

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th October 2019), Valerie Villars (27th October 2019)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Thanks Trisher,

Locally grown veggies has to be the best way to minimise our impact on earth, while still getting enough food.

My main point above is that if humanity moves away from growing fodder for animals, and instead increases its consumption of plants, the amount of land needed will reduce by as much as 50% roughly.

If some of the liberated land is turned to sweet chestnuts, primarily as a carbon sink, more food comes from there.(you can make pasta from sweet chestnuts).

If people consciously brought more locally grown hemp seed into their diet, they would be getting a superfood - hemp in humous, porridge etc. Then you get a large supply of hemp fibre for paper, 'wood', fabrics etc as a by product.

If we could legalise the higher THC varieties, yield increases dramatically, however we don't want to be stoned after eating our porridge (unless we have cancer).

Am sure varieties can be bred to reduce this.

If the consumer drives these positive changes, urgently, it will prevent the need for the authoritarian agenda lurking under the surface of the Greta/ extinction rebellion crowd.

16. Link to Post #9
    UK Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,194 times in 437 posts

Thanks Trisher,

Locally grown veggies has to be the best way to minimise our impact on earth, while still getting enough food.

My main point above is that if humanity moves away from growing fodder for animals, and instead increases its consumption of plants, the amount of land needed will reduce by as much as 50% roughly.

If some of the liberated land is turned to sweet chestnuts, primarily as a carbon sink, more food comes from there.(you can make pasta from sweet chestnuts).

If people consciously brought more locally grown hemp seed into their diet, they would be getting a superfood - hemp in humous, porridge etc. Then you get a large supply of hemp fibre for paper, 'wood', fabrics etc as a by product.

If we could legalise the higher THC varieties, yield increases dramatically, however we don't want to be stoned after eating our porridge (unless we have cancer).

Am sure varieties can be bred to reduce this.

If the consumer drives these positive changes, urgently, it will prevent the need for the authoritarian agenda lurking under the surface of the Greta/ extinction rebellion crowd.
    All good ideas Baby steps.

I have no idea who to believe any more on the state of the world and its many struggles. I do know that there is a possibility that truth may come out one day. That of geoengineering and frequencies purposely destroying the planet and its wild-life. The blatant manipulation of people into guilt recycling and worrying about carbon emissions. Getting people to cycle and walk instead of using gas guzzling cars whilst secreting all innovations into a cupboard and throwing the key away to name a few. Bombarding people with chemical medications and stopping cures by managing symptoms. The list goes on.

I have come to the conclusion that all I can really do is be the change I would like to see in very simple nurturing ways. So I grow a lot of my own food and I build habitats for wild-life and share what I can with others.

Trisher

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Trisher For This Post:

Baby Steps (26th October 2019)

+ Reply to Thread