+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Should You Get High Or Get Still? Meditation Vs. Marijuana For Anxiety Relief

1. Link to Post #21
    Philippines Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,270 times in 2,725 posts

Default Re: Should You Get High Or Get Still? Meditation Vs. Marijuana For Anxiety Relief

MJ looks to me unstoppable thus their only choice is to weaponize it. Please have your own original strain going. I am lucky to have friends that have their original strains for years.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bubu For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Bruno (5th June 2018), dynamo (4th June 2018), Leonard (4th June 2018), Michelle Marie (4th June 2018), Omni (4th June 2018), petra (5th June 2018), Valerie Villars (4th June 2018), william r sanford72 (4th June 2018)

3. Link to Post #22
    United States Avalon Member Mike's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,636 times in 5,716 posts

Default Re: Should You Get High Or Get Still? Meditation Vs. Marijuana For Anxiety Relief

Quote Posted by Omni (here)
    Quote Posted by Mike (here)
    I'm not anti weed. But I'm one of those people who just feels kind of tired and sluggish having smoked it. I'm more of a beer man...and to me, weed is sort of comparable to that.

I am anti addiction. And weed is addictive. This isn't something I read in a textbook; I have 2 friends who are clearly addicted to it. One admits he's addicted, and the other is in varying states of denial ("I'm not addicted," he says. "I just prefer to smoke all the time".

I love beer, so I will hardly sit in judgement of a weed smoker.
    Cannabis is medicinally beneficial, and is only psychologically addictive not physiologically addictive. Beer (alcohol) on the other hand is both psychologically and physiologically addictive, and alcohol is not much of a medicine it is more a toxin/poison.

For myself "weed" aka cannabis is nowhere near just recreation. I am a satanic ritual abuse survivor and severe mind control victim and cannabis has been one of if not the most effective things at combating what happens to myself. The only thing that I can think of that compares is knowledge. I get tortured 50-1,000 times a day with automated targeting, and if I smoke it provides a barrier that contributes to keeping a positive morale. It does not make me sluggish or lazy, in fact I have worked every single week, and almost every day for over a year on my own projects while smoking heavily to combat the counterintelligence abuse.

Hey Omni, I'm glad you've found something that provides some relief from your problems. Of course there's no need to suffer needlessly if we don't have to.

Indigris had said that weed wasn't really addicting in and of itself, it was that people were just addicted to the feeling it gave them. But my next thought was: isn't every drug or recreational substance addicting because of the feeling it gives you? And then the next question must be: why does it give you that feeling? The logical answer to that is that it alters ones physiology in some way, chemically. When one finds one is distracted to the point of extreme restlessness if one can't alter their physiology to create some sense of calm, or high, or whatever, and *needs* a drug or substance of some kind to achieve it, I would call that addiction.

In this sense, I'm having a hard time distinguishing weed from any other substance (..when it comes to addiction! I'm not comparing it to hard drugs like cocaine or heroin or anything in terms of potential bodily harm)

Having said all that, there is no need for anyone to suffer needlessly. I have a friend that would have died years ago if it wasn't for anti anxiety medication. And my sister would have a terrible time functioning without anti depressants (I worked with her and tried every herb and nutritional substance in every combination you can imagine, to no avail). I know no one wants to take either of those drugs, but it beats suicide.

Not comparing weed to those drugs either, I'm simply saying that we have no idea how terribly other people are suffering, so we have absolutely no right to judge their choices. No right at all. I love the idea of meditation, conceptually, but i really dont know if its a realistic option for those who are in absolute hell and in need of an immediate solution.

As a daily tonic, weed has much more upside and much less downside than most options. In that sense, perhaps it could be thought of as more of a treatment than an addiction. I might be willing to make that semantical concession. Not sure though - Its hard making these distinctions!
    Last edited by Mike; 4th June 2018 at 04:02.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Bruno (5th June 2018), dynamo (4th June 2018), Leonard (4th June 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (4th June 2018), Michelle Marie (4th June 2018), petra (5th June 2018), Valerie Villars (4th June 2018), william r sanford72 (4th June 2018)

5. Link to Post #23
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Quote Posted by Bubu (here)
    Hi Indigris, yep I hear you!

Whenever I've felt addicted, it was because I was desperately trying to recreate the magic night after night after night.

I dont do much reading as much as observe the effects of it on me. To me MJ is an enhancer. So if I am sad or angry I dont touch it. Its like there is some kind of compound which our body produce that works with it to produce/enhance whatever we are feeling at the moment. When we have used up all that substance that is produce by the body the THC/CBD has nothing to combine to thus there is no noticeable effect this makes me puff more and more until to the point of excessive. I have learned that lesson quickly so not doing it again. There should be no blame on the weed for any adverse effect. its on the person using it. I found out that sweating can quickly remedy the over use. I actually feel very good after the exercise. MJ is very very good if you know how to use it, to physical and mental health. I even use it when I am designing the most difficult parts of the machines and devices I create. But I have to pass on it 1 or 2 days and wait for that something/compound to accumulate.

"Finally, it is a false dichotomy - you don't have to decide between meditation and using natural substances (such as magnesium, chamomile, and cannabidiol-rich oil) to help to calm yourself; you could do both"

I am a guy who always fall asleep when meditating.Not anymore when I discovered that a puff makes me stay on course. But the goal (meditating) should be establish in my mind first before the puff as I have said its an enhancer to me. It gives clarity as to what food should I eat or should I eat or what I do all I have to do is meditate and listen after the puff. It gives me direction but I have to seek that direction in my mind consciously.

Finally MJ is prohibited because it makes people more creative, more independent thinkers, happier, more peaceful, more aware and as Foxie said "harder to mind control"
    I have a friend who meditates daily. She puffs before going within.

We each find what works for us. No judgment; just understanding.

VV...JL..."Whatever gets you through the night." Life can be difficult. We can regulate the intensity.

I feel compassion for you Omni.

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Bruno (5th June 2018), Leonard (5th June 2018), Mike (4th June 2018), Valerie Villars (4th June 2018), william r sanford72 (4th June 2018)

7. Link to Post #24
    Thanks

Cannabis is medicinally beneficial, and is only psychologically addictive not physiologically addictive. Beer (alcohol) on the other hand is both psychologically and physiologically addictive, and alcohol is not much of a medicine it is more a toxin/poison.
    Ahh~~ my friend, that's a very good explanation regarding weeds. Always be grateful if you have a chance to use marijuana, not many ppl got the chance to use this wonder medicine due to our sick society. Some ppl asked where is hell and I will said earth is hell. Ironically, we created this hell hole in order to experience it and know what is abundance and love.
    You also reminds me of many ppl who discovered this forum used to have some sort of depressions and realized there is something wrong with this world.
    I will recommend using both for ppl who can't do it with just meditation due to past traumas. By the way, weeds also cure cancers and there are kids using it.
    Last edited by Leonard; 4th June 2018 at 10:04.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Leonard For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), dynamo (4th June 2018), Krist (5th June 2018), Michelle Marie (4th June 2018), Mike (4th June 2018), petra (5th June 2018), Valerie Villars (4th June 2018), what is a name? (5th June 2018), william r sanford72 (4th June 2018)

9. Link to Post #25
    Scotland Avalon Member what is a name?'s Avatar
    Thanks

For me personally the 2 go together hand in glove but as everyone is unique in in their various body make-ups, and each will have their own unique experience of it.

In my 'awakening' 5 years ago I was told to 'cultivate cannabis and tobacco' and yes the tobacco aspect will be seen by most as the more controversial, but is this another case of a demonising by 'controllers' to prevent the use of a beneficial substance?

In the last year my wife was diagnosed with stage 3b aggressive ovarian cancer and after research went hell for leather in the consumption of cannabis oils. Before her chemotherapy course was finished she was given the 'all clear'. Of course we cannot say it was only due to the oils but more and more cases are coming up showing similar results. And the pain relief compared to the nasty opiates offered was amazing! Ovarian cancer has an extremely high 'return' rate therefore a good lifestyle etc etc is being adhered to.

For me the mindset of the individual will determine how the cannabis interacts with them - if used in the 'right vibration' then benefits will come.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to what is a name? For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Blacklight43 (4th June 2018), Bruno (5th June 2018), Krist (5th June 2018), Leonard (5th June 2018), Michelle Marie (4th June 2018), Mike (4th June 2018), Valerie Villars (4th June 2018), william r sanford72 (4th June 2018)

11. Link to Post #26
    Thanks
    Thanked 459,796 times in 32,949 posts

Quote Posted by Indigris (here)
    The addiction thing in weed isn't the weed itself, in my experience. My boyfriend's ex-roommate is the perfect example. Your textbook pothead. Really sweet dude that would give you the shirt off his back, but he is just the most astoundingly, pathetically lazy shut-in I have ever met. I thought I was a case, but man, this dude is one a whole different plane.

He smokes high amounts of pot daily. He's pretty much stoned 60% of his waking hours. But he himself says he isn't addicted per se, but rather, is just self-medicating because he has severe anxiety and depression.
    I've been reading this thread with interest. Personally, the only 'drug' I ever take is coffee. No alcohol, or anything. I try to stay as 'clean' as I possibly can, in a very toxic and tempting world.

The most important comment I've read is that of Indigris above. It seems one can use cannabis in two ways: to genuinely solve or mitigate real problems in a proactive, aware, and responsible way — or to avoid problems by 'self-medicating', just as a drunk in a bar may try to drown their sorrows rather than facing them and taking responsibility.

One can only look in the mirror and know for oneself (if one has the courage) what one is really doing, and why.

One comment, though: when doing depth processing such as guided past-life recall, marijuana will definitely inhibit and block all that, as will any drug (including alcohol or even many prescription meds). The bodymind needs to be as clean as possible in order to embark on very subtle journeys of that kind.

12. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bill Ryan For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Bruno (5th June 2018), dynamo (4th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (4th June 2018), greybeard (4th June 2018), Krist (5th June 2018), leavesoftrees (5th June 2018), Michelle Marie (4th June 2018), Mike (4th June 2018), NeedleThreader (4th June 2018), petra (5th June 2018), Sophocles (4th June 2018), Spellbound (16th June 2018), sunwings (5th June 2018), Tam (4th June 2018), Valerie Villars (4th June 2018), what is a name? (5th June 2018), william r sanford72 (4th June 2018)

13. Link to Post #27
    United States Avalon Member william r sanford72's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,601 times in 2,841 posts

Every one should learn how to grow and use herbal/root medicine and Food.Also breathing and calming methods for quieting the mind and emotions for focus and relief of undue stress.. These things Should bee required and taught in all schools in my op..like Math and History.
    TRUTH and BALANCE

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to william r sanford72 For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), dynamo (4th June 2018), Krist (5th June 2018), Michelle Marie (4th June 2018), Mike (4th June 2018), Valerie Villars (4th June 2018)

15. Link to Post #28
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,331 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    He smokes high amounts of pot daily. He's pretty much stoned 60% of his waking hours. But he himself says he isn't addicted per se, but rather, is just self-medicating because he has severe anxiety and depression.
    I've been reading this thread with interest. Personally, the only 'drug' I ever take is coffee. No alcohol, or anything. I try to stay as 'clean' as I possibly can, in a very toxic and tempting world.
    Marijuana facilitates the absorption of lower astral entities by the partaker/host. It is nature's way of keeping the "thought sphere" clear so that people with clear auras aren't constantly targeted by these attachments. Alcohol is much less efficient, as one has to become quite drunk to become a human sponge. I applaud everyone who volunteers for sponge duty, as long as they don't stand too close to me. :-)

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Bruno (5th June 2018), dynamo (5th June 2018), petra (5th June 2018)

17. Link to Post #29
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,372 times in 1,413 posts

You know what else is good for anxiety? Painting your finger nails!! ;-) I could not help but notice the two girls in the photos have painted nails.

For myself "weed" aka cannabis is nowhere near just recreation. I am a satanic ritual abuse survivor and severe mind control victim and cannabis has been one of if not the most effective things at combating what happens to myself. The only thing that I can think of that compares is knowledge. I get tortured 50-1,000 times a day with automated targeting, and if I smoke it provides a barrier that contributes to keeping a positive morale. It does not make me sluggish or lazy, in fact I have worked every single week, and almost every day for over a year on my own projects while smoking heavily to combat the counterintelligence abuse.
    This is one of the best uses of pot that I have ever heard! I feel somewhat the same, but in my case I would not call it a "barrier". I can't stop attacks with pot, but it does seem to make them go away faster.

In my little brother's case, it's the opposite. He stopped smoking it entirely because he said (and I quote) "It gives me cosmic paranoia, as if the stars are talking about me"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Bruno (5th June 2018), dynamo (5th June 2018), Valerie Villars (5th June 2018)

19. Link to Post #30
    United States Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 times in 448 posts

20. Link to Post #31
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 times in 448 posts

It was interesting coming across this thread last night and then the video above the day after smoking for the first time in a few months. It was quite intense and has gotten me thinking a lot about the drug.

I've found that it drastically alters my thinking process and brings up suppressed thoughts for examination. Sometimes this has been very helpful in getting 'unstuck', realizing and challenging old habits and fears. Shaking things up, so to speak.

Unfortunately, sometimes my thoughts become too detached from reality. The most recent time, it gave me ideas that I'm glad I was able to coax myself out of taking too seriously or even acting on. I've found this to be the case when I smoke too much and do it alone (in other words, no one else around to bounce ideas off of and keep me grounded). All it's taken is one short, skinny joint, which I think attests to how sensitive some people can be to it, or how potent it's gotten in recent years.

And the previous time that I smoked alone several years ago, the mental crisis it induced led to what I later recognized as a manic episode - which I had never experienced up to that point and haven't experienced since. Looking back, maybe overall it was still useful in moving me out of the stagnant funk I was in. But these experiences signal to me that for some people, THC isn't a drug to be taken lightly. It has its risks and requires some caution/respect.

I've been living on a college campus for the past year and have two friends that have struggled with addiction to it. Someone on my dorm hall who was prone to paranoia to begin with became addicted to it over the course of last semester and got into deep obsessions over who she thought was trying to ruin her life and reputation.

On the other hand of all this, I had a friend many years ago who had severe epilepsy. He used to smoke a good amount of marijuana and I think felt pretty guilty for it at times. This was before it was legalized in any states and before I had heard about it being beneficial for some people with epilepsy. I remember him buying K2 from time to time (synthetic marijuana which is horribly unhealthy). Eventually he committed suicide. Part of me wonders how the picture might have been different if he had a legitimized way of getting the drug and didn't have to feel ashamed for it.

21. Link to Post #32
    Thanks

Knowing that there are many, many strains of pot, each with a different cannabinoid make-up (CBD/THC) and each one has a slightly different interaction with the mind/body, being able to 'tailor' your choice can make a big difference in the pros and cons of weed.

As for synthetic cannabis - nasty. nasty, nasty. In the UK it's marketed as Spice and having seen on the pack that it's manufactured in the Ukraine (if you understand the whole dark scenario that wallows in that region then it comes as no surprise) and as Gekko mentioned, suicide while using is frighteningly common. Google 'spice suicide' and a whole lotta stuff comes up. I believe it is purposely manufactured for the negative effect on the mind/body/spirit, and since it nearly killed me after 3 days (not suicide), I can vouch for the 'evil intent' behind it.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to what is a name? For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (11th June 2018), Bruno (11th June 2018), dynamo (11th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th June 2018)

23. Link to Post #33
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,078 times in 2,355 posts

I know people with anxiety who can't sit still long enough to meditate. In fact I think most normal people don't have the patience to sit still long enough to meditate for any appreciable length of time.

I think to myself, "I wish they would just smoke some weed," but they won't, but neither are they capable of meditating. So they just stay like nerve balls all the time.

I'm not anti weed. But I'm one of those people who just feels kind of tired and sluggish having smoked it. I'm more of a beer man...and to me, weed is sort of comparable to that.
    I used to enjoy beer until I learned that hops are the most powerful plant estrogen known to man. And estrogen analogs in men cause cancer, not to mention soyboy syndrome, though I admit I've known many men much manlier than myself who drink plenty of beer.

Weed is related to hops and probably has related effects. It tends to make me lazy and sluggish too unless I smoke only a very little. They make it so strong today it's ridiculous. And people brag about how strong theirs is, and then they pass out in the middle of the day and start drooling all over themselves in their sleep.

Tobacco on the other hand, though physically addictive, frees up fluoride from the body so it can be removed, and has decidedly masculine characteristics to it. It increases production of testosterone. I only smoke tobacco rarely though, because it is addictive, and only organic American Spirit tobacco out of a pipe.

Weed is psychologically addictive in the same way that using smartphones or the Internet is addictive. You won't have withdrawal symptoms if you stop, but you'll think about it an awful lot. I think this has more to do with habitual behavioral patterns than anything else.

Quote Posted by what is a name? (here)
    As for synthetic cannabis - nasty. nasty, nasty. In the UK it's marketed as Spice and having seen on the pack that it's manufactured in the Ukraine (if you understand the whole dark scenario that wallows in that region then it comes as no surprise) and as Gekko mentioned, suicide while using is frighteningly common. Google 'spice suicide' and a whole lotta stuff comes up. I believe it is purposely manufactured for the negative effect on the mind/body/spirit, and since it nearly killed me after 3 days (not suicide), I can vouch for the 'evil intent' behind it.
    This is probably better for another thread, but I will also vouch for the evil behind those synthetic drugs.

"Bath salts." I never had any interest in them whatsoever. But a rather stupid buddy of mine did. Some of the stories he told me later of the things that happened to him while he was on it creeped me out and convinced me that he was channeling some very dark energy while he was on it. I tend to be more analytical about consciousness experiences but this guy was just always looking for a cheap buzz one way or another, and he wasn't particularly spiritual or religious.

It gets to the point where the changes in your consciousness begin causing certain things to manifest in the "real world." Things that are synchronistic. But in this case, in a very bad way. Like thinking you are hallucinating a man with a bandana hiding in the room at the end of your hall, and it creeps you out, so you don't go back there. But then later you find the bandana, and realize that there actually was at least one person hiding in your house while you were there, and you weren't hallucinating it at all. That kind of creepy. And that is essentially the story he related to me, and he had no idea who it could have been or wtf was going on. I questioned him about it at length. He was very confused about it but I very much suspect he was tapping into some extremely dark things based on what else he was saying about it.

Long story short I wouldn't touch that stuff if you paid me.
    Last edited by A Voice from the Mountains; 11th June 2018 at 10:02.

24. Link to Post #34
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Simply put, my opinion is that if you are aware enough to realize what is truly going on around you, i.e. your own reality, then you should work with it, with the faculties you already have.
    There is no need for mind-altering substances to cloud or change your reality.
    You are already "one" with the universe, you simply have to become aware of it.
    Most are more aware at birth and as youngsters, before their consciousness is clouded by all of the inputs from society and media, for example.
    Find yourself, you have all you need to get through this phase of your existence.
    Much love!

P.S. please note, I am not saying to not use pot or other mind altering substances.
    There are pros and cons both ways.
    One has to decide what is right for themselves and try to stay clear of peer pressure.
    Last edited by dynamo; 11th June 2018 at 11:06. Reason: added note

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (11th June 2018), Michelle Marie (11th June 2018), Orph (11th June 2018)

26. Link to Post #35
    Thanks

"There is no need for mind-altering substances to cloud or change your reality"

Hi dynamo, what if our reality IS changing and pot allows the mind to become more transient to these changes? I would put that in the context due to the ongoing changes of the energy/frequency signature of the planet and everything on it.

Of course I have no way of proving my above statement!

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to what is a name? For This Post:

dynamo (11th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th June 2018), Michelle Marie (11th June 2018), Valerie Villars (11th June 2018)

28. Link to Post #36
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Quote Posted by what is a name? (here)
    "There is no need for mind-altering substances to cloud or change your reality"

Hi dynamo, what if our reality IS changing and pot allows the mind to become more transient to these changes? I would put that in the context due to the ongoing changes of the energy/frequency signature of the planet and everything on it.

Of course I have no way of proving my above statement!
    This is a discussion forum, so of course the more we discuss, the more we all learn.
    I am merely stating my opinions, What is a name?, so of course, I may be wrong.
    However, i am speaking from my experiences with pot, LSD and other "mind altering substances" going back to the early 70s.
    Personally, I have outgrown them and find life easier without so-called "drugs".
    I think more clearly and can function on "all 8 cylinders", whereas when I used alcohol and drugs, I was "hitting on 6 cylinders or less", so to speak.
    Thanks for your feedback.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th June 2018), Bruno (11th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (11th June 2018), Michelle Marie (11th June 2018), Spellbound (16th June 2018), what is a name? (11th June 2018)

30. Link to Post #37
    Canada Avalon Member Spellbound's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,259 times in 1,040 posts

Quote Posted by Bill Ryan (here)
    The addiction thing in weed isn't the weed itself, in my experience. My boyfriend's ex-roommate is the perfect example. Your textbook pothead. Really sweet dude that would give you the shirt off his back, but he is just the most astoundingly, pathetically lazy shut-in I have ever met. I thought I was a case, but man, this dude is one a whole different plane.

The most important comment I've read is that of Indigris above. It seems one can use cannabis in two ways: to genuinely solve or mitigate real problems in a proactive, aware, and responsible way — or to avoid problems by 'self-medicating', just as a drunk in a bar may try to drown their sorrows rather than facing them and taking responsibility.

One can only look in the mirror and know for oneself (if one has the courage) what one is really doing, and why.

One comment, though: when doing depth processing such as guided past-life recall, marijuana will definitely inhibit and block all that, as will any drug (including alcohol or even many prescription meds). The bodymind needs to be as clean as possible in order to embark on very subtle journeys of that kind.
    Hi Bill,

I quit drinking alcohol back in August 1989 (not a drop in 29 years). I drank too much in my youth, learned a lot about alcoholism being very hereditary (and learning that I had it on both side of my family from grandparents down to both parents down to my sister and myself). Quitting drinking was a life decision (and best decision I ever made...bar none). No way I would have made it this far in life had I continued drinking (I'd be dead or in jail). That being said, I have been smoking pot daily for going on 30 years (using a vaporizer for the last 4 years, which I highly recommend to anyone who puffs). It's funny, because my doctor accused me of "self medicating" once when he asked if I smoked and I told him I didn't smoke cigarettes but I did smoke weed.

So many people in society equate alcohol to weed when in fact they are two completely different substances (drugs if you want to call it that). Alcohol is FAR more dangerous to the human condition than weed could ever be. I've seen people lose their jobs, their families, their houses, their freedom....all because of alcohol. I've yet to see that happen with (or due to) weed. There is quite a difference between hard drugs and soft drugs. Alcohol, I would classify as a moderate to hard drug. Marijuana, I would classify as a soft drug.

I learned early in life that I can NOT function drunk....whereas I can function stoned. To quote Clint Eastwood....a man's gotta know his limitations.

Anyways...I just wanted to point out that alcohol is far worse than weed.

Dave - Toronto

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spellbound For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th June 2018), Chris (16th June 2018), dynamo (16th June 2018), Michelle Marie (16th June 2018), Valerie Villars (16th June 2018)

32. Link to Post #38
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,590 times in 532 posts

Thanks for the post...

I smoked marijuana daily for 20 years. I started in my early 20's which is kind of late compared to some.
    One day I moved in an appartment complex and in the appartment next to mine lived the local pusher, great guy, had the best stuff around and was generous.....score!

All was great, it gave me stress relief, greatly developed my sense of spirituality, made me play and learn great guitar.....at least, thats what it felt like!
    :-)
    but
    things changed when the herb stopped serving me and suddenly I was serving it.
    Then I found myself being high for no reason, got caught in the new strands that were way too strong, abnormally strong.
    I could stare at myself in the mirror and wonder what the hell just happened?
    Apathy set in and it was a downward spiral from there.

Still, that was a learning experience.
    In the last years of this situation, I was fighting an addiction, not a marijuana addiction, but an addiction to fading away and not deal my life.

I have not smoked in almost 2 years now, not to say that I won't ever as I do enjoy the benefits, but I needed to get myself sorted out first.

In other words, yes marijuana has awesome benefits and its natural, but if you are emotionally hurt bad and generally are hurting, anything that will remove the pain will be detrimental long term.
    I can now say that yes I will smoke again, but will smoke for pleasure and not for survival, which makes all the difference in the world, at least, thats what I get out of my lesson from all this.

Last edited by Olam; 16th June 2018 at 13:30.

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Olam For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th June 2018), Chris (16th June 2018), dynamo (16th June 2018), Michelle Marie (16th June 2018), Spellbound (16th June 2018), Valerie Villars (16th June 2018)

34. Link to Post #39
    United States Avalon Member Michelle Marie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,098 times in 2,584 posts

Evidence of folks acquiring and applying wisdom on this thread.

We live and we learn! Each experience of every person is perfect, imo; it has purpose.

In my daily life, I just choose to get still.

But I've had similar past experiences as described above. I've lived and learned. And I know people who are close to me that have benefitted by quitting alcohol and only do marijuana. Each person finds what works for them.

It's not always just one or the other, though. For awhile, I was meditating every day ('still' do), and using marijuana for stress and anxiety. When healed, it was no longer necessary or helpful. It faded into the past.

I sure do LOVE stillness!

MM
    ~*~ "The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker ~*~ “To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson ~*~ "Creative minds always have been known to survive any kind of bad training." - Anna Freud ~*~

35. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Michelle Marie For This Post:

A Voice from the Mountains (17th June 2018), Chris (16th June 2018), dynamo (16th June 2018), Olam (16th June 2018), Spellbound (16th June 2018), Valerie Villars (16th June 2018)

36. Link to Post #40
    Hungary Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Both Marijuana and Alcohol have some medicinal value, the more interesting point here is whether they do anything spiritually. I noticed whilst travelling in India that many Sadhus and Gurus use hashish to enhance their meditative practice. There are also tantricas (Yogis who follow the tantric tradition), who will use alcohol in a measured and ritualistic fashion to achieve the same effect. Indologists believe that the Soma of the Vedas, which we now interpret to be Nectar or Ambrosia, food of the gods, was in fact a hallucinogen created from a mixture of mushrooms and plants, the recipe of which is now lost to us. Then we have Peyote, Ayahuasca, etc... which are all used to enhance spiritual experience and connect people to the spirit world.

My own view is that these are generally unnecessary if you do meditation and yoga right. We now know from medical studies at Oxford university that DMT is the active ingredient that causes these visionary experiences with the use of Ayahuasca for instance. During meditation, or as a result of it, DMT is naturally secreted by the pineal gland, leading to the very same visionary and unitary experiences, e.g. connection to other levels of reality. Graham Hancock has written and spoken about this extensively, as has Rupert Sheldrake.

Perhaps Marijuana, Psychedelics and Alcohol can lead to a quicker activation of the pineal gland, but it also increases the risks of things going wrong. I would personally stay away from them, unless absolutely necessary. They might make sense as a one-time deal, especially psychedelics, as it may open up the mind of a person who is normally completely closed up and unresponsive to any sort of spiritual experience.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast