+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Charles Krauthammer's final farewell: a class act all the way

1. Link to Post #1
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,718 times in 2,088 posts

Default Charles Krauthammer's final farewell: a class act all the way

I shut my cable tv off a year ago, hardly ever watch the news at all but when I did and tuned into FOX, whenever Charles Krauthammer spoke it was time to listen. His slant on stories and topics would take you on a magical ride of thought and sometimes from so many creative directions it was just downright refreshing to just here what he had to say. His suttle sense of humor , his value system, and his brashness at times always were interesting and entertaining at the same time. He has been in a wheelchair for a long time. In a day and age of overload on news and negative stories, I never ever got tired of what this truly class act of a human being had to say as with this quote below, God's speed to you sir, you definitely earned it I wonder what the conversation will be with our creator upon his arrival .

“I leave this life with no regrets,” Krauthammer wrote. “It was a wonderful life – full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...ng-letter.html

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pyrangello For This Post:

cursichella1 (12th June 2018), Inversion (8th June 2018), Nasu (8th June 2018), Noelle (8th June 2018), Valerie Villars (8th June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Chaarles Krauthammer's final farewell: a class act all the way

he is a Zionist/ neo con warmonger who supported 9/11 lies and the military industrial complex genocide of millions in the middle east.

4. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,718 times in 2,088 posts

Well now we have 2 opinions don't we Robin, So we agree to disagree and that's fine. I don't agree with everything anybody says all of the time but I do respect everyone's opinion, even yours . I thought Charles was very thought provoking at a minimum. From a human being standpoint, all of the adversity he had to go thru and to still maintain a work ethic, have to at least give him credit there. And I guess when looking at the exit door of your life to make a statement as was highlighted was a very gracious one which has nothing to do agendas, only the human spirit and for that I am humbled.

5. Link to Post #4
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

no.. I posted zero opinions. 100 percent facts , and not hard to come by either.

6. Link to Post #5
    Avalon Member
    Thanks

7. Link to Post #6
    Moderator (on Sabbatical) Joe from the Carolinas's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,955 times in 995 posts

Default Re: Charles Krauthammer's final farewell: a class act all the way

Doctors suck at estimating how long people have to live. If Charlie is giving up, that’s totally his choice and I respect it. That’s a key component in improving accuracy of doctors life expectancy estimates... completing a DNR order, and belief in terminal illness (among some other things).

For all of his eloquent and insightful comments, do we know whether he would or would not appreciate prayers or positive intentions to heal? Did he tell us about his spiritual belief system?

I am seeing talk about his human spirit and being with God. I say this because to be respectful, it is important to not put anything spiritual out there if it is also against his choice.

Quote Oncologists' prognoses that were accurate to within a year were associated with greater likelihood of patients, at baseline, acknowledging that they were terminally ill (OR = 12.20, 95% CI = 2.24-66.59), engaging in an end-of-life discussion (OR = 4.22, 95% CI = 1.45-12.29), completing a do-not-resuscitate (DNR) order (OR = 2.94, 95% CI = 1.03-8.41), a lower likelihood of using palliative chemotherapy (OR = 0.30, 95% CI = 0.11-0.85), and clinical trial enrollment (OR = 0.09, 95% CI = 0.02-0.50).
    CONCLUSIONS:
    Oncologists are able to estimate their patients' life expectancy to within a year. Accuracy to within a year is associated with higher rates of DNR order completion, advance care planning, and lower likelihood of chemotherapy use near death.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27574869

+ Reply to Thread