+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Terence McKenna: “We Have The Power To Create Paradise On Earth”

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,973 times in 595 posts

Default Terence McKenna: “We Have The Power To Create Paradise On Earth”

(dynamo says - " Recently, I have read that Terrence may be a disinfo agent but I always appreciate positive messages hence I am sharing this video. Take it as you would any other "fringe information"...")

by Body Mind Soul Spirit

Terence McKenna talks about boundary dissolution, environmental destruction, culture, politics and inner spiritual work from a joint Trialogue lecture with Rupert Sheldrake and Ralph Abrahm entitled ‘The Evolutionary Mind’.

“What stands in our own way is our own minds, our own habits. We must change our minds. There is nobody who is so enlightened tht they don’t need to work on themselves and do this.”

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Bruno (14th June 2018), DeDukshyn (13th June 2018), Eric J (Viking) (14th June 2018), Lefty Dave (14th June 2018), Mare (13th June 2018), Mercedes (15th June 2018), NeedleThreader (13th June 2018), Ol' Roy (16th June 2018), shijo (14th June 2018), Valerie Villars (14th June 2018), WhiteFeather (14th June 2018), Wind (13th June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

Default Re: Terence McKenna: “We Have The Power To Create Paradise On Earth”

Terrence was brilliant.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bruno (14th June 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Mare (13th June 2018), shijo (14th June 2018), Valerie Villars (14th June 2018), WhiteFeather (14th June 2018), Wind (13th June 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks
    Thanked 29,293 times in 6,140 posts

Mckenna was a chemist who used chemicals in various formulations to induce physical-neurological states, hormonal changes and psychic programming, ya "brilliant"

Any well done hallucination with the right support chemicals will evoke any "circuitry" and one can believe yes indeed the marshmellow clouds are pretty and marmalade skies are magnificent. Even locking on permanent hallucinatory stages, the "good trips" are some goals some have sought for, not to actually "change the reality" that one knows is "the way it is", but to give one a re-programming alternative, saying that they believe the other way by the medication (the "medicine")..

Getting into the electromagnetics and quantum holographic resonances understanding to "reshape reality" is quite possible, however an individual "trip" doesn't have enough "information force" to make a change. What happens is "they" write a book and try to find groupies to give credence to the hallucinations found. Expecting that the "group trip" thusly evoked will change something. Get enough people to believe it and point out to others "man ur just not with it.. etc." to try to generate peer acceptance..

The right way is get out there and work, get into the politics, show by example alternatives, get into education, find those who have created solid ways to build societies which don't pollute, which can live and work with nature, look towards a future of balance, and no "alpha mentality" trying to rule the rest of the packs.. Get out of tooth and claw and into understanding and sharing.. Observed experience, and IMHO of course..

A hallucination is most indeed a "trip".. in the mechanical sense of the word. As in "tripped or triggered or fired circuits".

IMHO of course One has a right to believe, obviously, and then to observe references in reality, the physical world with examples and repeatability and trackability.

references: http://thescienceexplorer.com/brain-...-brains-we-die

"The DMT TRIP"

Quote in his book The Archaic Revival, “It was really the DMT that empowered my commitment to the psychedelic experience. DMT was so much more powerful, so much more alien, raising all kinds of issues about what is reality, what is language, what is the self, what is three-dimensional space and time, all the questions I became involved with over the next twenty years or so.”

McKenna, along with many others who have tried the drug, insists that the experience is so surreal that it cannot be accurately translated into words — “In other words, what DMT does can’t be downloaded into as low-dimensional a language as English,” describes McKenna.
    Scrambling pathways in the brain/hormonal system for a "trip" then associating what one experiences as gospel most certainly can help one to have a locked in belief system based on the content of the trip, or information pathways "tripped" (as in pathways walked).

I marvel in a chemist's dedication to explorations. Tapping into chemicals which kick in dopamine or serotonin or opiode receptors, or THC receptors and calling those experiences "god-like" doesn't really guarantee one "reached god", just that one reached a most interesting "tripped state"..

Show me you can find it without drugs.. Show me one reached those states by EXPERIENCES, going to places, meeting people, interacting with life around one.. Consuming "medicine" is an altered path. IMHO of course.

reference: https://medium.com/@HazelGale/tp-5-a...t-92994b8d4e35

Quote Often, our unconscious mind will utilise this tool in order to sustain a version of reality which fits with our pre-existing belief systems. This saves both time and energy in actively perceiving what’s around us.

Why make the effort to see a kettle as an entirely new entity each time you encounter one, when you can just lump in in with all the other kettles you’ve seen in your life to make a quick judgement about it’s possible functions?

In Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP), we talk about three processes by which the unconscious mind warps the vast amount of information we have available to us into a select batch of relevant, interesting and/or “true” data.

These processes are known as “deletion, distortion and generalisation”. Negative hallucination (obviously) primarily sits under the heading of “deletion”.
    Evoking hallucination allows one to sometimes explore "What if's" - imagination in other words.. Nothing wrong with imagination when one realizes imagination is just that, imaginary.. Saying and trying to get others to believe without questioning "ones imaginary reality" obviously is a way to try to push the envelop.. One can't realize or discriminate tho when "tripping" with "just the right chemicals" that what they call the "thin veil" is really there, between reality perceived and "actuality".. just where is that veil?

Induced States

Quote Here’s a list of the type of things people commonly negatively hallucinate to maintain a “happier” existence:

— Telltale signs of lies/cheating/deception (in order to preserve the appearance of a “happy” relationship);

— Alcohol/drug abuse of loved ones (for the same purpose);

— Signs of significant changes in ones physical state (as in eating disorders like anorexia or obesity, or anything that involves body dysmorphia);

The following are things that one might delete in order to uphold a personal belief:

— Signs/evidence of one’s own skills, abilities and resources (e.g. people who don’t hear or distort compliments because they believe they’re not good at something);

— Positive reinforcement from others (if someone believes he’s ugly, he might delete any evidence to the contrary);

— Opportunities for personal advancement, or visions of a positive future.

Delusions Of Grandeur

In much the same way (but with a seemingly opposite effect), an individual might learn to block out negative feedback in order to sustain positive self-beliefs. Think of the deluded guy down your local pub who seems to have unwavering confidence in his charm, wit and good looks (although none of these things seem obvious to you). The same guy who chats up girl after girl, all of whom look at him with utter disdain before asking him to leave them alone. How does he manage to sustain so many “hits” to his perfect self-image without losing faith?
    A test is can you actually build? Do you have to rely on your "group support", or passive-aggressiveness to convince others that you are right?, or do you have to badger another with your "so called wisdom? (to remain allegedly alpha?), do you have compassion for others, or do you put them down consistently? To have to ramble about "god" without saying IT IS YOUR OPINION (but you state it as "fact")...

Workability is a way to function in the world, AS-IT-IS and then come up with ways to make it better for the group, oneself, one's family. Contributing to society in a positive way in other words. Mentally masturbating is "fun" a "trip", but staying perpetually in that state "with tripped out rewired (shorted out) neurons" gets one no-where for oneself nor society.

The understanding IMHO from McKenna was one has a way of turning on the IMAGINATION, which then can be used in perspective, constructively.. Believing tho that the "world" is alterable by that single tripped out mind I believe IS a dis-service. Time and again we can see examples of some one having "tripped out" (probably the internal DMT circuit), and then convinced people enmasse to "do something" (or not do but resist).. A drama most certainly. Best thing to do? Maybe or maybe not, reality will be the test over time..

reference:
    https://terencemckenna.wikispaces.co...ld+Be+Anything

The World Could Be Anything

July 1990

The ramblings of hallucination - or contemplating the unperceivable...

Quote “Man thinks. God knows.” And, then, someone had bought a second copy of the bumper sticker and cut it apart and reversed it and put it under it, so it said, “Man thinks. God knows. God knows Man thinks.” [Audience laughs]

Now, it seemed to me there was a lot going on in [audience laughter] what was attempting [Terence chuckles] to be expressed here. First of all, something about God, that God knows, that God exists in a superior state of intellection. Plato said, "Time is the moving image of eternity." My notion of God’s cognition is simply the regarding of all points in the spacetime continuum with equal clarity. God knows. The limited program of knowing is thought, cognition. Man thinks. This is what man can do in imitation of the all-knowing and omniscient example of God. But, implicit is that this is somehow in a- a limited undertaking, this thinking of man. And some of you may recall the famous comment of Pascal that, "Man is a reed bent by the wind." And then, Pascal added, "But a thinking reed."

So, then, the second half of the conundrum was that, “God knows. man thinks.” Now this, I thought, was very interesting, because it seems to imply a relationship between the limited project of knowing, which is human thought, and the completed project of knowing, which is omniscience. God knows Man thinks. In a way, what this is saying, is that God knows that man is making his way toward God. God knows man thinks. God knows that man is participating in the same project of being, that God regards from this higher dimensional space. And, so, then, this meditation on these four lines closes with a recurso which returns you then to this realization that what we are talking about is 'the project of knowing', Heidegger called it, carried out on two levels: on the level of omniscience and on the level of limited being.
    If you are happy with " your mind " as-it-is, you don't need some chemist saying HEY TAKE THIS, it will change your mind for you.

No thanks, quite happy with the As-Is mind and no, one doesn't have to "change one's mind" or believe any guru that tells you to do so using their way of "short circuiting" neuronal activity. (Blow your mind concept) - "turn on tune out?" (*) I don't think so. IMHO of course (ROFL)

One doesn't need the drugs, nor the guru to find one's imagination, or creativity, or compassion.

ref: (*) Timothy Leary - "Turn on, Tune in Drop out" - it was popularized by Timothy Leary in 1966. In 1967 Leary spoke at the Human Be-In, a gathering of 30,000 hippies in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco and phrased the famous words, "Turn on, tune in, drop out".

LSD was one of the CIA's favorite drugs in the "Agent Cocktail" (aka "Juice") used to reprogram agents who would need alternative believable personalities, which would be unshakable or "believable" during cold war espionage and other missions..
    Last edited by Bob; 13th June 2018 at 18:09.

6. Link to Post #4
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 times in 210 posts

I thought he was brilliant too 😉

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mare For This Post:

DeDukshyn (13th June 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Valerie Villars (14th June 2018), WhiteFeather (14th June 2018), Wind (13th June 2018)

8. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 48,964 times in 7,673 posts

I believe that he was one of the most intelligent people that lived in the late 20th century...

Sadly many easily dismiss him and his theories. A disinformation agent? Not a chance.

"When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

Bruno (14th June 2018), DeDukshyn (13th June 2018), dynamo (13th June 2018), Mare (13th June 2018), Michelle Marie (14th June 2018), shijo (14th June 2018), Valerie Villars (14th June 2018), WhiteFeather (14th June 2018)

10. Link to Post #6
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Wind (here)
    I believe that he was one of the most intelligent people that lived in the late 20th century...

Sadly many easily dismiss him and his theories. A disinformation agent? Not a chance.
    I agree Terence was ahead of his time in ways but never say never, is my opinion.
    If I recall correctly, he had admitted being used by the CIA or military in LSD experiments and had practiced some forms of "group mind entrainment".
    Simply do a search for yourself, using keywords such as "terence mckenna disinfo agent" and take it from there...

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Bob (13th June 2018), Bruno (14th June 2018), Michelle Marie (14th June 2018), Wind (13th June 2018)

12. Link to Post #7
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Hardly a disinformation agent -

Quote in his book The Archaic Revival, “It was really the DMT that empowered my commitment to the psychedelic experience.

DMT was so much more powerful, so much more alien, raising all kinds of issues about what is reality, what is language, what is the self, what is three-dimensional space and time, all the questions I became involved with over the next twenty years or so.”

McKenna, along with many others who have tried the drug, insists that the experience is so surreal that it cannot be accurately translated into words
    When the logics the filters are "blown away" one's mind is opened most certainly for "disinformation, information, gobblygook, well wishes, bad wishes, etc."

I see it simply as taking a very nice powerful electromagnet and holding it up to a tape reel.. The information is forever scrambled, possibly recoverable, possibly some of the words can be pieced back together.. or not, or the message or deductions achieved by "neural scrambling/short circuiting" are suspect, questionable at best.

Believe in god? sure, blow away all the reasons why such may or may not exist, believe in spirits, or not, sure blow away all the logics, anything rational.. makes sense? Not to me.

Quote DMT was so much more powerful, so much more alien, raising all kinds of issues about what is reality, what is language, what is the self, what is three-dimensional space and time, all the questions I became involved with over the next twenty years or so.”
    A nice big electromagnet IS SO POWERFUL to be able to scramble, erase and induce a state of confusion questioning the "words" on tape..

I absolutely agree with McKenna that it would have taken him 20 years (or more) depending on his dosing and state of mind, with what he did to mess with the barriers of rationality, the laws of sensibility, the compartmentalization and automatic sorting mechanisms of his brain. To then let others believe they can safely do that well.. my Gawd.. not kind IMHO. Nor not brilliant nor intelligent..
    Last edited by Bob; 13th June 2018 at 19:31.

13. Link to Post #8
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Quote Posted by dynamo (here)

I agree Terence was ahead of his time in ways but never say never, is my opinion.

If I recall correctly, he had admitted being used by the CIA or military in LSD experiments and had practiced some forms of "group mind entrainment".

Simply do a search for yourself, using keywords such as "terence mckenna disinfo agent" and take it from there...
    Edgewood Arsenal - Army special projects - see this link and the threads within it for the followup. https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...n-the-cold-war

Find the paths without the chemicals in otherwords, not that McKenna gave us anything gospel nor useful to build a new society on, (keyword build)..

14. Link to Post #9
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Bob (here)
    Mckenna was a chemist who used chemicals in various formulations to induce physical-neurological states, hormonal changes and psychic programming, ya "brilliant" ..
    Perhaps you misunderstood my intent . I was evaluating the sense, rationale and care he put into his words. His ability to speak to details while never losing sight of the big picture - something that few have the self awareness to do. His experiences, however they came about, he claimed has helped him achieve the clarity needed to form his views, may or may not have had anything to do with his perchant for altered states of consciousness. I don't care, I evaluate the actual details and words of that which he spoke, and on understanding what humanity needs to do to become a properly functioning species. In this area he certainly got almost everything right.

I heard a comment the other day in regards to Canada's legalization of Cannabis ... "All you Canadian pot smokers need to be hanged!!" -- when one evaluates others based on their own personal choices and lifestyle, rather than on the merit of who they are as a human being and what they might have to offer humanity, one finds himself on a slippery slope that leads to the pit of those we feel we are "above" ...

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Bob (14th June 2018), Bruno (14th June 2018), dynamo (14th June 2018), Mare (15th June 2018), Valerie Villars (14th June 2018), what is a name? (14th June 2018), WhiteFeather (14th June 2018), Wind (14th June 2018)

16. Link to Post #10
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Most certainly Mike I understand your post above. And I get and follow your opinion and belief.

The Pot(cannabis) analogy is quite different tho than DMT, the chemical. McKenna is focused on DMT use. (I would call it a bulk tape eraser in function working through firing off neurons, overloading serotonin and dopamine receptors, pulling out the safeguards, checks and balances in one fell swoop..) His own words, took him 20 years coming to terms with it (at least). In his own words trying to find words to describe when one's brain pathways to explain it (deal with it rationally) are shorted out.

I would expect to hear ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis caapi.) shortly coming into play in this conversation. That plant though, is way different when prepared by skilled practitioners. Not just DMT but many more substances.. Reminds me of the argument that Cocaine and Coca Leaves are way different - one is without balance the other contains the rest of the plant's balancing components..

Toxicological effects

DMT is structurally related to the neurotransmitter serotonin and, because of this, a condition called serotonin syndrome is a potentially lethal health risk associated with its use.

Individuals taking antidepressants are at highest risk for this complication.

Serotonin syndrome occurs when the body accumulates an excessive amount of serotonin. The condition is often caused by taking a combination of different drugs.

Too much serotonin in the body can lead to a range of symptoms, such as:
    • agitation
    • confusion
    • high blood pressure
    • loss of muscle coordination
    • a headache
    • At higher doses, DMT can cause seizures, respiratory arrest, shock (failing blood pressure) and coma.

Quote Terence McKenna: “We Have The Power To Create Paradise On Earth”
    Agitation, confusion, high blood pressure (potentially cerebral aneurysms), stroke, loss of muscle coordination, headaches, seizures, respiratory arrest and coma are most certainly in my opinion not a "Paradise" on Earth.. Very clear to me. Not reporting that to the population attending his seminars seems to me is not at all being "brilliant", nor being a good "scientist".. A lecturer on drugs explaining drug experiences.. the way he could interpret it.

Transformation doesn't need drugs to reach insight, imagination, compassion, understanding, fraternity. Reach it without - that's the challenge and test of one's mettle.

McKenna's Death - suffering the symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome PLUS a nasty brain tumor. He also says Cannabis didn't do a damn thing to stop or prevent the growth of his brain cancer.

Quote McKenna has earned his keep as a stand-up shaman on the lecture circuit, regaling groups of psychonauts, seekers, and boho intellectuals with tales involving mushrooms, machine consciousness, and the approaching end of history. Weird stuff, and wonderfully told. But the teller was getting tired of the routine.

A recluse at heart, McKenna wanted nothing more than to surf the Web, read, polish up some manuscripts, and enjoy the mellow pace of Hawaii with his new girlfriend, Christy Silness, a kind young woman he had met the year before at an ethnobotanical conference in the Yucatán.

Soon after McKenna arrived home, however, he was hit with ferocious headaches.

He'd long suffered from migraines, but nothing in his 52 years could match the ice picks now skewering his skull. On May 22, after dragging himself to the john to vomit, McKenna's mind exploded.

Hallucinations cut in like shards of glass; taste and smell were bent out of shape; and he was swallowed up by a labyrinth that, as he later put it, "somehow partook of last week's dreams, next week's fears, and a small restaurant in Dublin." Then his blood pressure dropped and he collapsed, the victim of a brain seizure.

When McKenna came to, he was flat on his back, staring at the ceiling as his extremely agitated girlfriend called 911. Then he swooned again. In addition to being much younger than McKenna, Silness is also much shorter, but somehow she managed to load his lanky, 6'2" frame into their truck and drive down the mountain to meet an ambulance. To keep McKenna awake, she coaxed him into reciting a poem his grandfather used to chant, "The Cremation of Sam McGee." But then a grand mal hit, and McKenna was out cold.

The ambulance guys knew McKenna's rep and were convinced he had OD'd. But a CAT scan in Kona revealed the presence of a walnut-sized tumor buried deep in McKenna's right frontal cortex.

The growth was diagnosed as a glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the most malignant of brain tumors. To McKenna's amazement, his doctor described the thing as a "fruiting body" that sent "mycelia" throughout the surrounding tissue - mycological lingo straight out of theMagic Mushroom Grower's Guide that McKenna had published in 1975 with his brother, Dennis, an ethnobotanist.

The rest was less amusing: Without treatment, McKenna would die within a month. With treatment, the prognosis was six months. "No one escapes," said the doctor.

McKenna was facing something that no shaman's rattle or peyote button was going to cure. With barely time to breathe, he had to choose from among chemotherapy, radiation treatment, and the gamma knife - a machine that could blast the tumor with 201 converging beams of cobalt radiation.

At the same time, friends and comrades were stalking more ethereal treatments. On the Big Island, Hali Makua, a Grand Kahuna of Polynesia, hiked up the side of the Mauna Loa volcano. He meditated about McKenna and was illuminated with a handful of Hawaiian power words, words that he later phoned in to his ailing friend.

From the wilds of Nevada, paranormal radio jock Art Bell was planning a different kind of intervention. Bell went on the air and asked his 13 million listeners to participate in "great experiment no. 8."

At 2 pm Pacific time on Sunday, May 30, Bell's listeners sent McKenna a mass blast of good vibrations. "It's not something I really believe in," says McKenna. "But I am much more sympathetic to the idea of a huge morphogenetic field affecting your health than the idea that one inspired healer could do it."

Even after he went under the gamma knife, McKenna couldn't quite believe what was happening to him. "There are only about 1,000 of these GBMs a year, so it's a rare disease. I never won anything before - why now?" Like everybody else, he suspected a lifetime of exotic drug use may have been to blame.

"So what about it?" he asked his doctors. "You wanna hammer on me about that?" They assured him there was no causal link.

"So what about 35 years of daily dope smoking?" he asked. They pointed to studies suggesting that cannabis may actually shrink tumors.

"Listen," McKenna told them, "if cannabis shrinks tumors, we would not be having this conversation."

Word of McKenna's condition spread like taser fire through the listservs that are the backbone of the psychedelic community. The suddenness of his illness freaked these folks out.

"It was almost like the night when Howard Cosell came on Monday Night Football and said John Lennon had been shot," says Jordan Gruber, an attorney who works at NASA and the founder of Enlightenment.com, a Web site devoted to spiritual psychology. "It was a similar sort of terrible shock to the nervous system."
    reference: https://www.wired.com/2000/05/mckenna/ (Wired)
    Last edited by Bob; 14th June 2018 at 01:35.

17. Link to Post #11
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Quote Posted by DeDukshyn (here)
    Mckenna was a chemist who used chemicals in various formulations to induce physical-neurological states, hormonal changes and psychic programming, ya "brilliant" ..
    Perhaps you misunderstood my intent . I was evaluating the sense, rationale and care he put into his words. His ability to speak to details while never losing sight of the big picture - something that few have the self awareness to do. His experiences, however they came about, he claimed has helped him achieve the clarity needed to form his views, may or may not have had anything to do with his perchant for altered states of consciousness. I don't care, I evaluate the actual details and words of that which he spoke, and on understanding what humanity needs to do to become a properly functioning species. In this area he certainly got almost everything right.

I heard a comment the other day in regards to Canada's legalization of Cannabis ... "All you Canadian pot smokers need to be hanged!!" -- when one evaluates others based on their own personal choices and lifestyle, rather than on the merit of who they are as a human being and what they might have to offer humanity, one finds himself on a slippery slope that leads to the pit of those we feel we are "above" ...
    Hunter S. Thompson could do this. I saw him speak while he drank alcohol one time at SLU in Hammond and he was just brilliant. He could go off on the most intelligible tangents and never lose sight of the original content.

I'm not advocating alcohol. I'm simply admitting that some people can do this, including Terrance McKenna, in spite of whatever mind altering things they were doing.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Bruno (14th June 2018), cascadian (16th June 2018), dynamo (14th June 2018), WhiteFeather (14th June 2018), Wind (14th June 2018)

19. Link to Post #12
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Most certainly Mike I understand your post above. And I get and follow your opinion and belief.

The Pot(cannabis) analogy is quite different tho than DMT, the chemical. McKenna is focused on DMT use. (I would call it a bulk tape eraser in function working through firing off neurons, overloading serotonin and dopamine receptors, pulling out the safeguards, checks and balances in one fell swoop..) His own words, took him 20 years coming to terms with it (at least). In his own words trying to find words to describe when one's brain pathways to explain it (deal with it rationally) are shorted out.

I would expect to hear ayahuasca (Banisteriopsis caapi.) shortly coming into play in this conversation. That plant though, is way different when prepared by skilled practitioners. Not just DMT but many more substances.. Reminds me of the argument that Cocaine and Coca Leaves are way different - one is without balance the other contains the rest of the plant's balancing components..

Toxicological effects

DMT is structurally related to the neurotransmitter serotonin and, because of this, a condition called serotonin syndrome is a potentially lethal health risk associated with its use.

Serotonin syndrome occurs when the body accumulates an excessive amount of serotonin. The condition is often caused by taking a combination of different drugs.

• agitation
    • confusion
    • high blood pressure
    • a headache
    • At higher doses, DMT can cause seizures, respiratory arrest, shock (failing blood pressure) and coma.

Agitation, confusion, high blood pressure (potentially cerebral aneurysms), stroke, loss of muscle coordination, headaches, seizures, respiratory arrest and coma are most certainly in my opinion not a "Paradise" on Earth.. Very clear to me. Not reporting that to the population attending his seminars seems to me is not at all being "brilliant", nor being a good "scientist".. A lecturer on drugs explaining drug experiences.. the way he could interpret it.

Transformation doesn't need drugs to reach insight, imagination, compassion, understanding, fraternity. Reach it without - that's the challenge and test of one's mettle.

McKenna's Death - suffering the symptoms of Serotonin Syndrome PLUS a nasty brain tumor. He also says Cannabis didn't do a damn thing to stop or prevent the growth of his brain cancer.

Quote McKenna has earned his keep as a stand-up shaman on the lecture circuit, regaling groups of psychonauts, seekers, and boho intellectuals with tales involving mushrooms, machine consciousness, and the approaching end of history. Weird stuff, and wonderfully told. But the teller was getting tired of the routine.

A recluse at heart, McKenna wanted nothing more than to surf the Web, read, polish up some manuscripts, and enjoy the mellow pace of Hawaii with his new girlfriend, Christy Silness, a kind young woman he had met the year before at an ethnobotanical conference in the Yucatán.

He'd long suffered from migraines, but nothing in his 52 years could match the ice picks now skewering his skull. On May 22, after dragging himself to the john to vomit, McKenna's mind exploded.

Hallucinations cut in like shards of glass; taste and smell were bent out of shape; and he was swallowed up by a labyrinth that, as he later put it, "somehow partook of last week's dreams, next week's fears, and a small restaurant in Dublin." Then his blood pressure dropped and he collapsed, the victim of a brain seizure.

When McKenna came to, he was flat on his back, staring at the ceiling as his extremely agitated girlfriend called 911. Then he swooned again. In addition to being much younger than McKenna, Silness is also much shorter, but somehow she managed to load his lanky, 6'2" frame into their truck and drive down the mountain to meet an ambulance. To keep McKenna awake, she coaxed him into reciting a poem his grandfather used to chant, "The Cremation of Sam McGee." But then a grand mal hit, and McKenna was out cold.

The ambulance guys knew McKenna's rep and were convinced he had OD'd. But a CAT scan in Kona revealed the presence of a walnut-sized tumor buried deep in McKenna's right frontal cortex.

The growth was diagnosed as a glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the most malignant of brain tumors. To McKenna's amazement, his doctor described the thing as a "fruiting body" that sent "mycelia" throughout the surrounding tissue - mycological lingo straight out of theMagic Mushroom Grower's Guide that McKenna had published in 1975 with his brother, Dennis, an ethnobotanist.

The rest was less amusing: Without treatment, McKenna would die within a month. With treatment, the prognosis was six months. "No one escapes," said the doctor.

McKenna was facing something that no shaman's rattle or peyote button was going to cure. With barely time to breathe, he had to choose from among chemotherapy, radiation treatment, and the gamma knife - a machine that could blast the tumor with 201 converging beams of cobalt radiation.

At the same time, friends and comrades were stalking more ethereal treatments. On the Big Island, Hali Makua, a Grand Kahuna of Polynesia, hiked up the side of the Mauna Loa volcano. He meditated about McKenna and was illuminated with a handful of Hawaiian power words, words that he later phoned in to his ailing friend.

From the wilds of Nevada, paranormal radio jock Art Bell was planning a different kind of intervention. Bell went on the air and asked his 13 million listeners to participate in "great experiment no. 8."

At 2 pm Pacific time on Sunday, May 30, Bell's listeners sent McKenna a mass blast of good vibrations. "It's not something I really believe in," says McKenna. "But I am much more sympathetic to the idea of a huge morphogenetic field affecting your health than the idea that one inspired healer could do it."

Even after he went under the gamma knife, McKenna couldn't quite believe what was happening to him. "There are only about 1,000 of these GBMs a year, so it's a rare disease. I never won anything before - why now?" Like everybody else, he suspected a lifetime of exotic drug use may have been to blame.

"So what about it?" he asked his doctors. "You wanna hammer on me about that?" They assured him there was no causal link.

"So what about 35 years of daily dope smoking?" he asked. They pointed to studies suggesting that cannabis may actually shrink tumors.

"Listen," McKenna told them, "if cannabis shrinks tumors, we would not be having this conversation."

Word of McKenna's condition spread like taser fire through the listservs that are the backbone of the psychedelic community. The suddenness of his illness freaked these folks out.

"It was almost like the night when Howard Cosell came on Monday Night Football and said John Lennon had been shot," says Jordan Gruber, an attorney who works at NASA and the founder of Enlightenment.com, a Web site devoted to spiritual psychology. "It was a similar sort of terrible shock to the nervous system."
    This thread isn't really about the potential negative physiological effects of heavy drug use at all, but I understand that that is what your knowledge is on the subject of "drugs" is, so this is what you want to address. Did you watch the video in the OP or the one that Wind posted? This thread is not about drugs.
    Last edited by DeDukshyn; 14th June 2018 at 04:07.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

dynamo (14th June 2018), Wind (14th June 2018)

21. Link to Post #13
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Toxicological effects

• agitation
    • confusion
    • high blood pressure
    • a headache

This thread isn't really about the potential negative physiological effects of heavy drug use at all, but I understand that that is what your knowledge is on the subject of "drugs" is, so this is what you want to address. Did you watch the video in the OP or the one that Wind posted? This thread is not about drugs.
    It says it here: Terence McKenna: “We Have The Power To Create Paradise On Earth”

No we don't have the power to create paradise on earth having come to said realizations through the use of drugs. That is the point, the data is suspect from one with heavy drug use, IMHO. There are plenty of studies should one want to debate if heavy hallucinogenic drug use makes one smarter, or more rational or able to come up with god-like insights, breakthrough wisdom enacted through hallucination. As I said I don't buy it one iota My point about describing the "key" to the methods or visions of paradise on earth is I would not trust one particularly using said hallucinogens to achieve "enlightenment". If one wants Paradise on Earth, it comes from compassion, without having to use chemicals to alter one's perceptions IMHO. Various agencies have shown how hallucinogenic drug use is psycho-manipulative. That understanding should connect a few dots to those wondering about it's presentation to the world as being "useful" for spiritual growth. I don't see it useful, no more than hitting one's head against a table falling into a stupor is any more useful for understanding the construction of tables and chairs.

No I don't need to reiterate Mike. I don't trust the conclusions, or visions of one who achieved "solutions", or "futures" using drugs to get there.

I found the video in the op post 1 is babbling then rambling, using button pushing images interlaced with a "message" (trendy culty messages). I found it to be ridiculous, and as Dynamo posted at the TOP of the thread, in OP1 in blue.. McKenna may not be what he purports to be. Fair enough and accurate enough..

Quote (dynamo says - " Recently, I have read that Terrence may be a disinfo agent but I always appreciate positive messages hence I am sharing this video. Take it as you would any other "fringe information"...")
    I've brought up enough to make my points quite clear and quite relevant to the op and title of the thread. I believe fully, one isn't going to get Paradise using heavy hallucinogens risking body and nervous system. It should seem obvious that one's belief then of "Paradise" is the contemplation point what one thinks paradise is and why one should shove down or not another's mind their belief of paradise. Beatles did to an extent with some great music "tone poem" when they were in the guru-esque drug culture, the purported belief of paradise to be presented to civilization through youth. Also kinda remind me of what a terrorist may say or have permission to do to "make the transition to paradise" more acceptable before blowing oneself and the rest of his or her targets up. One's idea of paradise can be questioned. And I did quite clearly question not only paradise, but the beliefs derived from a myriad of hallucinogenic drug trips could be quite questionable and/or suspect.

Seems to me that taking the advice or conclusions of one using highly hallucinogenic drugs as "gospel", especially some of the most powerful on the planet to scramble one's brain, is not what I call being brilliant and using a guru-esque culture to expouse drug beliefs I feel is a dis-service to kids, or adults reaching out trying to make sense out of "reality". Destroying one's perceptions and sensory mechanisms with short circuits defeats one's ability to see nature through one's own unadulterated self. I see absolutely nothing useful in the "video" in the op.

As to the video in the other post, "if UFO's landed on the lawn of the whitehouse it would not matter to you as smoking DMT would.." paraphrased slightly from the vid.. I don't have enough colorful metaphors to describe how asinine I find that statement to be; to preface the talk first with one's beliefs are important, then to dictate what one's beliefs should be by the "guru". Typical 60's programming methods. Does the expression "drink the koolaid" come to mind yet?

Without stating it is his humble opinion he goes off as the guru with the voice to match. I found it to be gobblygook drugspeak assigning values to how I should believe or how others should believe because "he is in the know".. (and having gotten to those conclusions by using a powerful hallucinogenic drug that very seriously scrambles one brain and to use his words, 'took him 20 years' to sort out even how to talk about it)..

Doublespeak, babbling typical of heavy hallucinogenic circuit warping, leading to using "buzzwords" that the crowd of similar bent would groove to is all I see within the information presented in the vids. "love baby.. 60's".... I see nothing in any video's presented that McKenna isn't just using counter-culture buzzwords and excuses to tell people to use a very serious chemical to alter their brain chemistry and risk body/nerve/brain damage, or potentially evoke brain cancer.

In my belief if one can't have the compassion or the imagination without the drugs one is cheating who one is.. One doesn't need the "stuff", the chemistry to be who one is.. Later McKenna got into AI and artificial dreamland "stuff".. What's wrong with perceiving reality AS-IT-IS.. Unable to cope? Unable to communicate? Unable to reach out to the rest of lifekind with just oneself, one's mind one's life? The chemical crutch isn't needed. Nor being told that one should use such aberration mind perception altering hallucinogens citing what is or isn't important (reference to vid 2).
    Last edited by Bob; 14th June 2018 at 05:17.

22. Link to Post #14
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,157 times in 3,105 posts

Yes Dynamo...spot on. Our collected thoughts have taken reality to where we are now.

Can we change direction, and are we...

by Eric Janovsky, October 30, 2011, Copyright 2011

www.stankovuniversallaw.com

The Creative Power of Our Thoughts

First of all we need to understand the power of the consciousness and how it moulds our reality. This is the first lesson of understanding how we can change the present cycle we are living in.

Most people are beginning to realise the power of the mind and how easy it is to control situations and our environments and ultimately the outcome of life itself.

Scientists today are starting to learn that our consciousness creates matter. So in effect we create our own reality. We are all controlled much more than we think and if only we knew the rules of our consciousness and how we have come by the life we lead, we would be more in control of the world and it would be a happier place to live. We would have far more abundance, there would be no starvation, and no wars, religions would unite. We would understand that we are not alone and never have been.

You see we have only ourselves to blame for the way our lives and planet have turned out. We have bought into everything that is offered. We have all contributed to everything around us. And I mean everything. I mean the wars. The starving of millions. The suffering of nations. Even natural disasters. Everything bad on this planet has been created by our thought processes.

In other words, we can say that our collective consciousness has created the reality we live in. Now whether there are groups at the top of society with the understanding and knowledge of how to control the masses of people, or whether everything that has happened on this planet is a direct result of our collective consciousness, it doesn’t really matter. What does matter is how we understand this works and how we can take up the challenge of change.

What we all need to do is change our thought patterns and not be dictated by our environments and ignore what we digest daily from the mainstream newspapers, daily news articles and magazines and anything else we might read. Don’t get me wrong its OK reading, but remember do not let the imaging of what you have read control your consciousness, don‘t dwell. Whatever thought process you adopt and you keep that thought within your mindset, you will turn the thought into reality. As a species we all need to grow up and realize that we have made this mess and we alone can only put it right. So we have to raise our thinking patterns to a higher frequency and not be dictated with all that is around us.

Now picture different groups of people around the world. Picture different countries and cultures and even the people in lands that have not the resources to feed themselves. Do you ask why they just keep going around in a constant cycle and never getting anywhere. How is it that certain groups are OK but other have not got the surroundings to support them or feed them. Think of all the wars around the planet that have been ongoing for decades and decades. Perhaps some of the wars have been orchestrated or manipulated for greed and for support of the war machine. But again, we have only ourselves to blame for letting our minds accept this way of thinking and buying into this negative projection of energy.

Our thoughts create the reality we live in. So therefore we have created our planet and the way it has been shaped over the past 10 000 years. If we have had civilisations before, and my research has informed me we have. Then we have gone through the same old mistakes as usual. We have destroyed past civilisations by the same process.

THOUGHT CREATES MATTER. Remember that. Embed those words into your minds and think about before you go to sleep. Remind yourself that whatever is on your minds, the possibility is that your consciousness will create the matter and turn it into reality.

You can now see why we are all living the way we are. With all the papers we are reading and different types of TV programs. This is all moulding the life we live.

Think. Imagine you are living in a very small village that offers only a very limited choice of luxuries. You struggle every day to make ends meet. You live in a ramshackle of hut. You only just get by each day. You live in the absolute bare minimum. With this in mind, what are your thoughts each and every day. You are feeding your consciousness with the ongoing cycle and the life you have manifested just goes around in the same old cycles.

With the knowledge of how our thoughts create our reality we could change the outcome. It doesn’t really matter how scarce the surroundings are, the trick is to continually feed your consciousness with a different picture so the outcome is not the same. We can all change the current paradigm, but we need to know the rules and how to change it.

Our thought processes have a lot to answer for and create more than we can imagine! We all have this gift and if only we all knew how to use this we would all be in abundance. However the way things have taken course has led us into this reality and we all need to awaken from this slumber. If we carry on with this current paradigm, the planet will not be able to support us and nature will take its course. You cannot carry on indefinitely with all this negative energy sapping up emotional pockets of consciousness which in return create negative manifestation of matter. The law of karma will intervene as has always happened in the past and mother nature decides herself how to correct the energy flow.

Let us think of another example of human consciousness in work. Just imagine a normal day in UK or US. It does not matter where because the outcome will be the same. First thing in the morning your thoughts are processing what you will be doing for the rest of the day. Your mind reminds you of the chores you need to do to get by the end of the day. Whether it is stressful or not, you are already conditioning your consciousness and creating your reality for the day. And also last thing at night you do the same, in fact any negative scenes you may have bumped into during the course of the day your mind is working overload and again you are structuring your mind with brain conditioning. This is typical consciousness working against us. We have been conditioning ourselves like this for thousands of years. We need to make a break from this cycle and create a New Paradigm.

Let me give you another example of the consciousness working on a smaller time scale. OK let us say we are watching the news and they are reporting about a war going in somewhere in the world (at this time there are 47 wars ongoing in this moment in time). The reporter shows us images of a war strewn landscape with trees obliterated, houses blown apart, looking like old ruins, children running scared and crying, hunger setting in and food shortages everywhere, food aid not getting to the points, smoke bellowing from various buildings, cars ablaze and people cowering on every corner. I am sure you get the picture.

So, anyway, where do you think our thought processes will take us. Shortly afterwards you would be thinking about this and more than likely a few thoughts of the graphicness would filter through during the course of the day and further conditioning our minds to create a reality out of yet another negative thought process. You can see why this particular vision has been created time and time again by embedding in our consciousness.

THOUGHT CREATES MATTER. We are shaping our lives every day. Day in, day out. How many times have we seen these images streaming through the TV? How many times have you contributed without knowing what you are doing? The subconscious is all powerful. Nourish it with the right food!

With all these examples, its pretty easy to imagine why we are going through these continuous cycles of living. We just go around and around. The cogs are turning around each day and nothing changes, it’s the same old cyclical event time after time. All around the world, whether its wars, starvation, working, living – it’s the same old.

So what can we do?

First of all we need to combat any negative thoughts that seep into our consciousness. For every negative image you see on TV, in magazines, newspapers and various other sources of information you need to replace that image within your consciousness, with a reversal of what you have just watched or seen. So in other words if you have just seen the news with the graphic scenery as I explained earlier here “images of a war strewn landscape with trees obliterated, houses blown apart, looking like old ruins, children running scared and crying, hunger setting in and food shortages everywhere, food aid not getting to the points, smoke bellowing from various buildings, cars ablaze and people cowering on every corner!”.

Get to work on your mindset and reverse the image, picture in your mind beautiful landscapes with trees full of bright coloured leaves, houses with bright colours, children playing, beautiful clear flowing rivers, people talking being happy, just imagine everything in abundance. Your consciousness will soon take over with these positive images and create a better reality than the other thought process you would normally adopt.

This small act of thinking and transference of positive energies works every time. The stronger the intent, the more of a reality you will create from thought. So try to visualize these images as clear as you can. Now sometimes it is very difficult to train your thoughts in a different route, whilst taking in disruptive and negative images. But trust me, practice makes perfect. Do this also last thing at night and first thing in the morning. THOUGHT CREATES MATTER.

I remember reading a good few years back about a man who was a small time thief. He was just a petty thief who spent most of his time in jail. Now every time he got caught, the judge would sentence him to a few months in prison. Shortly after his release he would go back to stealing again and get caught almost immediately. Now this chap went to all sorts of help with various groups to break out of the habit, but kept finding himself back to square one. Back again. He was asked why he kept stealing, but couldn’t answer as to why he kept doing this time and time again. He knew it was wrong but something took over in the act of stealing. What he did say was that in prison he finds it comfortable and free of any hassle. And that when he was released he would often think about the hassle free world of being in prison. Now what this man was doing was conditioning his ‘mind set’ with his consciousness of being in prison. Whilst he was out of prison, his consciousness took over in order to get him back, where his sub-conscious mind wanted him to go. So unbeknown to him he was being steered towards what he had fed his mind with. He conditioned his mind to go back to prison with these daily thought patterns, thus creating what he thought into his reality. He could not break the cycle no matter what he did.

This is a perfect example of how we become trapped into our own reality. Our thought processes are continually repeating themselves again and again. We create what we have been doing for years and years. Yes, it is difficult to get out of the cycle. But we must change the cycle in order to evolve as humans and not be dictated to by what is presented to us each and every day.

We will reach bifurcation which ever way you look at it. The current system cannot sustain itself much longer. If we carry on with the wars as they are, we will ultimately run out of money and we will have global collapse. Already USA are trillions of dollars in debt, which is mathematically impossible to pay off the debt. So at what time do we say enough is enough, we need to change the Paradigm.

Our thought patterns will change this. As I am writing this article, the USA has doubled its military expenditure in just one decade!! What are we going to do with all these machines. All we are doing is feeding the war machine. The war machine is the biggest racket on this planet. This is typical of what we are all engineering with our minds with the War Machine.

We see negative images on TV and various news articles, we in return instill fear into our consciousness and we subconsciously buy into the war machine without realising what we are doing. We feed the machine day in day out. Take note of the previous examples of what happens when we watch images of negative content. Use the tools that I have suggested to switch your ‘mind set’ into positive vibrations.

To say the world is our oyster is an understatement. The universe is diverse with all different types of life, it is unimaginable. We must adopt the rules and know how to use them before we can be invited to the world above. With our current thought patterns, we will always be suppressing ourselves from further knowledge of what other secrets we have in the Universe.

Yes, our thoughts have kept us out of reach of many things that we could have been privy to. We have suppressed ourselves to the extent that we are acting with robotic minds. We have become controlled robots in our own little world which is neither reality or fiction. It is sort of a play, and we are dictating how the play unfolds, but with the wrong mind set. We need to change our thought patterns towards a positive outcome. And we will.

We must all move into a creative stance, not a permissive posture. I know its very difficult to do with our past life experiences, but it can be done. We have to develop a much bigger creative imagination to win over what we have created in front of us. If we sit on our laurels and wait for the times too change, it will be a disaster waiting to happen. We have got to change pattern of thought NOW.

Ask yourself what sort of life would you want your children to have? Look at what we have now, and imagine if we carry on with the present cycle, what will it be like in 20 or so years time. Don’t choose victim hood. Make your stand and make a better humanity. Take your thoughts to where you want to go. Your limitations are only within your mind set. The only thing that will be lacking is the ability to trust that this process indeed can reach a positive outcome. Thought released will return in manifestation in a reality more magnificent than we can all imagine. Please understand that THOUGHT CREATES MATTER. Its up to us what type of ‘matter’ we want and deliver.

Don’t allow yourself to dwell on what we see everyday on TV and the other sources of information, but turn your thought towards what you would like to experience. We have built a fantasy land around us and seems almost impossible to break the mould, but break the mould we will.

We watch TV play with computers listen to radios and all other types musical gadgets, that we have no time to really think about why we are here and where we are heading. Just sit down for a few minutes and think of all the distraction we have created here on planet earth. We need to feed ourselves with some other source of food for nourishing our consciousness. At the moment, the type of food we are taking in daily is not what it should be. Do we want to become robots adopting a 9-5 routine living each day as we pretend this is how it should be.

Don’t kid yourself. There is so much more than we have given ourselves, but only we can awaken our thought processes in order to awaken us. Let us not become the laughing stock of the galactic family. They know we can do this and have handed down clues for all of us to see. Just ask your thoughts, to take you where we should be.

Yes, I know with the realisation of how we got here and where we could go is a big shock to the system or even ego. But what I tell you here, I believe, is true and can be researched within the confines of your own home. With the way the Internet is used, it is one of the biggest libraries we can ever explore. The truth is out there and ‘the truth will set you free’.

Remember this is our reality. We created it. We can change it. We alone can alter the course of our lives. Don’t be lazily caught up in what is presented by outlets, which are beyond our control. Yes, some have been presented in a way that we have no control over what we witness. But it doesn’t mean we have to buy into what is on offer. You can visit a shop with all sorts of goodies that tempt us into buying. If you don’t like the sound of it. DON’T BUY INTO IT. Take your thoughts elsewhere.

Only you are in charge of your thoughts. Don’t let the negative side hi-jack them again. It is your choice, as I have said you can create your reality just like you create your dreams most nights, but if you do not realize your power and how you can change the ‘play’ then your life will become like a flag blowing in the wind – just like a passenger on a train going around in circles. So visualize the world you want to be in and take control of your destiny. Anything you can think of becomes a possibility.

Viking
    You decide...your thoughts..your actions..your reality.
    Choose well.
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...are-the-change

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eric J (Viking) For This Post:

cascadian (16th June 2018), dynamo (14th June 2018), Mare (14th June 2018), Valerie Villars (14th June 2018), what is a name? (14th June 2018)

24. Link to Post #15
    Language
    English
    Thanks

... <trimmed it all> ...
    Bob,

While I don't argue your perspective is valid to yourself and to many others I just have these points ...

Quote "It says it here: Terence McKenna: “We Have The Power To Create Paradise On Earth”
    No we don't have the power to create paradise on earth having come to said realizations through the use of drugs.
    I don't think anyone needs to use drugs to come to a realization that there is vast improvements in human collective to be had, that humanity is essentially a diseased an broken species completely out of harmony with the rest of the planet and the probably the Universe for that matter. This was never the argument presented here, but it is one you can't stop focusing on. You can't create your own argument from one that isn't presented and then claim that your are right about it. Major fallacy there.

From a purely scientific and "inexperienced" perspective on the subject, your view is fair. I disagree with most of what you say on this topic because I have different perspective. Anyway as mentioned this thread isn't about whether we it is appropriate to assassinate someones character, are dismiss their perspectives based around the substances they have ingested in their life. Let's get back to topic.

For a hint of my perspective, The human mind is diseased, it is full of contradictions and fallacies, irrational logic, most always a hidden fear disguised as "practicality". Humanity is in a perpetual state of hypnosis, we are programmed from birth by our "cultures" (hence pointless culture and religious wars). Our minds are the product of these programs.

THIS is who you are and who everyone else is. The Ego has a funny way of not letting one look internally to see these things, and thus some people are complete assholes but are completely oblivious to it (not me, I know I'm an asshole ) ... why can't they see it when everyone else can? Because they are perfect? No because they are programmed and disillusioned - everyone is - it is only the variables of this programming that determine the level of acceptability had by others around each person. This is what we call "normal". It is a lie, it is not normal at all. And this 'condition" is what is causing all the "evil" and pain in this world. This programming blinds us to what love really is and numbs us to real sensation - natural sensation.

When you have a "hallucinogenic trip" (not all are equal though, that is for certain), let me use psilocybin as an example, you temporarily experience a new consciousness that is outside of your normal, programmed one, and you can look into your "normal" consciousness and see exactly what is happening there -- all the automated thoughts, the programming, the judgements, the bad habits, the racism, you get to experience the real you for a moment, without all the garbage that you have been programmed with, and you come to the realization that this new consciousness is also yours, it is just fresh; you can also see the fake, programmed you. You have it backwards Bob. You literally get to experience a new, un-programmed, un-hypnotized consciousness. Think of the power in that concept alone.

If you read any detailed writing about people's introspective on their "trips", you will see that this is pretty much exactly what they all experience. From this point of clarity, you see things for what the really are, not what we consider "normal". While I don't condone regular drug use (including drinking and smoking - these are harmful drugs), I wish there was a way for people to have this experience of being able to observe their own consciousness from the outside so they can have the experience without having to compromise their supposed "morals" or whatever. It is not the drugs Terrence necessarily wanted people to have - it is the experience of this effect.

Without having this experience, one has no clue what is being talked about. The fallacy of personal incredulity: "Because you found something difficult to understand, or are unaware of how it works, you made out like it's probably not true." Knowing that DMT and psilocybin are seratonin mimics isn't any kind of experience. Sugar is a seratonin booster ... so what?

Last edited by DeDukshyn; 14th June 2018 at 16:32.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

dynamo (14th June 2018), Eric J (Viking) (14th June 2018), Mare (15th June 2018), Wind (14th June 2018)

26. Link to Post #16
    Unsubscribed
    Thanks

Naw Mike I don't accept being lumped into your philosophy that we are all diseased:

Quote humanity is essentially a diseased an broken species completely out of harmony with the rest of the planet and the probably the Universe for that matter.
    I have never seen anyone qualified to make that observation. I reject your assumptions as fact. I accept your opinions as your belief.

Quote The human mind is diseased, it is full of contradictions and fallacies, irrational logic, most always a hidden fear disguised as "practicality". Humanity is in a perpetual state of hypnosis, we are programmed from birth by our "cultures" (hence pointless culture and religious wars). Our minds are the product of these programs.

THIS is who you are and who everyone else is.
    I reject your insult and insinuation. It lowers the value of humanity, human mind and productivity.

Quote Knowing that DMT and psilocybin are seratonin mimics isn't any kind of experience. Sugar is a seratonin booster ... so what?
    Equating DMT and psilocybin as safe as sugar is an insult, and I feel a misrepresentation to the general public.

It seems useless to me to ask you to stay on topic, which according to the OP post 1 and title is Terence McKenna: “We Have The Power To Create Paradise On Earth”

I've made it clear why I feel taking a strong hallucinogen is a form of messing with perceptions from the human mind "as-it-is". An altered state using a hallucinogen is a change. A severe hallucinogen induces a severe alteration of perception.

I pointed out my belief that I feel one who is using a powerful hallucinogenic compound has altered their viewpoint, and that I disagree with taking the advice or conclusions of one using highly hallucinogenic drugs as "gospel", or an accurate view of reality.

I believe one who can find compassion, peace, harmony, interaction with all lifekind without using heavy hallucinogenics has achieved a wonderful feat, demonstrating that the human mind and human kind are not the "diseased" beings you purport us to be.

I believe Paradise on earth can be found not with using hallucinogenics, nor accepting a "guru's" beliefs that it is better to smoke DMT than live life as-it-is - learning to cope, learning to communicate and learning to find love where it may not be obvious at first. We don't need heavy drugs to do that. We don't need the crutches to find paradise, and life to tell about it.

It's clear to me where off topic points have happened.

I appreciate you Mike, and your opinions. We will have to disagree then on heavy drug use. As to your comments about not knowing "drug use" I am a registered MET/EMT have the training, and have had to deal with folks who have over-dosed or experienced severe psychotic episodes.
    Last edited by Bob; 14th June 2018 at 17:54.

27. Link to Post #17
    United States Avalon Member WhiteFeather's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,971 times in 5,651 posts

How can you not love this guys stuff. "Love is a boundary dissolving enterprise" T. M.... Great Thread. Truly a legend IMO. And an awesome 5 minute video.
    Last edited by WhiteFeather; 14th June 2018 at 19:03.
    "Although I Live On This World, I Choose Not To Live In It"
    <:~W.F.~:>

"The answer to every question can be found in nature, if one knows how to look and listen”
    Gwilda Wiyaka

"Everything on the Earth has a purpose, Every disease a herb to cure it, and every person a mission. This is the Indian theory of existence".
    Mourning Dove Salish

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhiteFeather For This Post:

David McG (10th September 2018), DeDukshyn (14th June 2018), Mare (14th June 2018), Valerie Villars (14th June 2018)

29. Link to Post #18
    Thanks

When you have a "hallucinogenic trip" (not all are equal though, that is for certain), let me use psilocybin as an example, you temporarily experience a new consciousness that is outside of your normal, programmed one, and you can look into your "normal" consciousness and see exactly what is happening there -- all the automated thoughts, the programming, the judgements, the bad habits, the racism, you get to experience the real you for a moment, without all the garbage that you have been programmed with, and you come to the realization that this new consciousness is also yours, it is just fresh; you can also see the fake, programmed you.
    I'd say that things like magic mushrooms seem to be quite revolutionary catalysts for healing, spiritual growth and the expansion of consciousness as they produce mystical experiences which people just don't get to normally experience in their daily lives. I've never tried any mind altering substances expect for alcohol (I might be in the minority here), yet I find videos like these and also McKenna's teachings fascinating. Shamanic tools have been there for a reason, nature has provided us with it's healing plants for a reason. Why has that been demonized? I think I know the answer, but I'm just thinking out loud.

Last edited by Wind; 14th June 2018 at 19:46.
    "When you've seen beyond yourself, then you may find, peace of mind is waiting there." ~ George Harrison

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

dynamo (14th June 2018), Mare (14th June 2018), Valerie Villars (14th June 2018)

31. Link to Post #19
    Thanks

I'd say that things like magic mushrooms seem to be quite revolutionary catalysts for healing, spiritual growth and the expansion of consciousness as they produce mystical experiences which people just don't get to normally experience in their daily lives. I've never tried any mind altering substances expect for alcohol (I might be in the minority here), yet I find videos like these and also McKenna's teachings fascinating. Shamanic tools have been there for a reason, nature has provided us with it's healing plants for a reason. Why has that been demonized? I think I know the answer, but I'm just thinking out loud.
    Sure, drugs can create the illusion of having "mystical" experiences.
    But...what happens when they wear off?
    Same old, same old...your personal reality.
    So what's the point of a few hours of a pseudo-mystical experience?
    Nothing except the experience.
    Once the drug wears off, you are not any more enlightened than before you took it LOL!
    Besides, one can get much "higher" without the use of drugs and the bonus is, there are no "hallucinations", everything is clear as a bell instead of being (possibly) distorted or maybe even grotesque!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Bob (14th June 2018)

33. Link to Post #20
    Thanks

It seems that you come out of that experience as a transformed human being, so that's what you "get" out of it.

I do agree that plants are not any shortcut to enlightenment though. The evidence speaks for itself anyways and there are thousands, if not millions of positive testimonies about the life-changing effects of psychedelics. I'm not interested to debate about this as I don't have first-hand experience when it comes to them anyways, I just like to keep my mind open. I prefer to take reality as it is, but I see the value in some tools too. I think the war against "drugs" is both insane and malevolent, because it is really a war against the freedom to explore and expand your consciousness.

Also, it is also said that life is ultimately just another hallucination, maya. God's dream or whatever you want to call it.

It's not the utmost real reality, the point is that it's supposed to feel real. That's what makes simulations and dreams interesting.

Just my two cents.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Post:

cascadian (16th June 2018), DeDukshyn (14th June 2018), dynamo (14th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast