+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast

Thread: Is humanity worth keeping/saving? - Honest conversation

1. Link to Post #81
    Thanks

Default Re: Is humanity worth keeping/saving? - Honest conversation

Am I worth saving?

Am I a good person?

If I was to look at all of my defects of character in a lump, I'm not sure I could answer with certainty "yes".

Have I acted with courage at every opportunity, or have I acted with fear? Have I taken the opportunities that were presented to me, or have I shrunk from them because I was timid, shy, afraid of disrupting the status-quo and making my little bubble rock, be uncomfortable?

Are all the good things I've done, I'm doing, I want to do, worth saving?

Have I told people I loved them enough, and done it with sincerity? Have I only said "I love you." and not backed it up with proofs, actions?

Have I reached out to the person who frightens me, who challenges my biases, my anxieties?

Have I wasted, have I misused? Have I grown, fostered, nurtured green things?

Am I willing to let go of everything petroleum based, everything that contributes to the pollution of the garden, the poisoning of the garden? I'm posting here right now and, from a certain point of view, this contributes to global warming.

Am I worth saving?

Or should I be asking, how can I work to save myself, my space, help my family, my friends, my community?

There's a part of me that feels like asking this particular question somehow prevents people from participating in the change that has to happen. It's easier, after all, to think about things rather than actually change things.

Bill, you had asked what happened 50,000 years ago that changed things. I'm going to be bold and suggest something!

agriculture

When we stopped having to move around and be in touch with our world, when we stopped being part of the garden and started becoming gardeners ourselves, I think that set us on a road towards breaking from our innate connectivity to the planet.

And I think that's something we can reconnect with, and need to!

So, mission for those of you who choose to accept it. Save Humanity:

1. Grow a tomato.
    2. Learn about the tomato as you grow it.
    3. Learn about yourself as you grow it.
    4. When the first fruit ripens, eat it. Enjoy it. Savour it.
    5. Give every subsequent tomato away to people you don't know, people who need the food. Make an active, conscious connection the people you're giving it to. Or, box it up, leave it on the doorstep, and watch from a bush. Either way, give it away.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hermit For This Post:

Bo Atkinson (9th September 2018), meeradas (8th January 2019), Michelle Marie (25th August 2018), Pam (25th August 2018), Sunny-side-up (9th September 2018), Valerie Villars (25th August 2018)

3. Link to Post #82
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,259 times in 1,414 posts

I dont want to sit in judgement of humankind. I aint smart or well informed enough to perform such an appraisal.

The goodness in people you can see in how they care for their loved ones.

We should also remember that much of the very worst things in this world, such as war, are instigated behind the scenes by forces that prey on human despair. When we realize that although we have to accept the responsibility for our actions, often those actions which are painfully wrong are based on misinformation provided by those same forces. When you account for this misdirection, you should realize that humanity aint bad at all and this silly debate on whether we are worth preserving can end.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Mari (25th August 2018), Michelle Marie (25th August 2018), Pam (25th August 2018), Savannah (9th January 2019), Scottoz (1st September 2018)

5. Link to Post #83
    Language
    Dutch
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,068 times in 456 posts

Quote Posted by triquetra (here)
    Quote Posted by Rachel (here)
    Is the hidden hand even human?
    It is good to see this conversation leading in the direction it ought to be. No need for IMO on this. To think that humans are responsible for the direction things have gone in, is to give ourselves way too much credit.
    George Carlin said it so well.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deux Corbeaux For This Post:

Justplain (25th August 2018), Michelle Marie (25th August 2018), Scottoz (1st September 2018), Valerie Villars (9th September 2018)

7. Link to Post #84
    Canada Avalon Member Ernie Nemeth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 36,592 times in 5,379 posts

The main thing to keep in mind is that we are spirit, and this spirit, or life force, imbues form with function - gives life to the body. Life is function, purpose, intention, force, energy. The body is static, heavy, ponderous, enduring.

By 20 I had plumbed both the world of ESP and as far as science had yet gone and neither satisfied. The world pulled at me yet I resisted. How could I reach my potential if the world of man claimed my allegiance? The limits of the individual could not contain me. So I floundered and during this period of confusion biology and necessity took care of the details.

Keep in mind that in my youth there was no internet, utube, or google. Instead we had books, PBS, and Nova. Since those sources come from the world of man the truths were not in the body of the works but hidden between the words, underneath the intent. It was a hard fought battle to extract the pertinent bits...

By 40 I came to my senses again and began the search anew in earnest.

This time I searched internally. It was a transformational experience helped along by my interest in inter-personal energy dynamics. A door opened and I fell through it. It closed behind me and by 45 I was no longer the same person. There is no going back...

By 60 my world view is completely shattered. Gone are most of the quaint understandings normal humans carry around like a trophy. Gone are the values and goals this society hold so dear. Gone are the foundational structures that give normal humans a sense of continuity and a reason to continue.

My understanding of reality changed so drastically and so completely that it would take my mind almost twenty years to make sense of it all, to weave it into a comprehensive pattern - only to have it continually shattered by new revelations over and over. I hold only vague patterns of probability now, with the barest of certainties. Anything is possible, as I have learned, and I am, in the end, probably wrong in most of my assumptions. So much so that even love and light as I perceive them are only slightly in the lead.

The universe is a balancing act of the most exquisite precision, certainly hinting at a loving Source of gracious intention...

I am a product of this world. Perhaps not an average one but one well within the parameters of what it means to be human. We grow we search we grow some more. Simply having been here adds to the wealth of humanity in however a small way.

Together we will continue to grow and to search and to grow some more.

Together our limits are infinity itself.

Yes, humanity is worth saving.
    Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water...Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. Bruce Lee

Free will can only be as free as the mind that conceives it.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ernie Nemeth For This Post:

Forest Denizen (19th November 2018), Justplain (25th August 2018), Mari (25th August 2018), meeradas (8th January 2019), Michelle Marie (25th August 2018), Ron Mauer Sr (25th August 2018), Savannah (9th January 2019), Scottoz (1st September 2018), Valerie Villars (9th September 2018)

9. Link to Post #85
    United States Honored, Retired Member. Ron passed in October 2022.
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,256 times in 2,136 posts

Yes, we eternal beings, extensions of Source energy, on Prime Creator's eternal journey of creation and self discovery. Is this an adventure worth keeping? I think so, with adequate rest, relaxation, contemplation and wise guidance between visits here.

When we follow our internal guidance while holding the vision of feeling good with adequate critical thinking, that is the best we can do. How does the body feel when offered choices?

My journey started with a brief membership in the Rosicrucian Order, psychic readings and Transcendental Meditation in the 1970's. Now at 75, I have few beliefs and many strong suspicions. Suspicions are more easily changed than beliefs when presented with new information.

I feel this is truly an adventure of possibilities and probabilities in a free will universe where some are allowed to manipulate and take away personal power from others, or we can choose to keep our own power.

I suspect that Abraham is correct with the (paraphrased) concept that we are on the leading edge of creation, with our thoughts creating new experience, in an ever expanding adventure driven by thought. Create with either default or deliberate thought. Choose wisely to avoid manipulation.

And the still small voice within my head reminds me, when most needed, "Love is the only answer."
    Last edited by Ron Mauer Sr; 25th August 2018 at 15:42.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ron Mauer Sr For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (25th August 2018), Forest Denizen (19th November 2018), Foxie Loxie (25th August 2018), Justplain (25th August 2018), Mari (25th August 2018), Scottoz (1st September 2018), Valerie Villars (9th September 2018)

11. Link to Post #86
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Excellent summation, Ron! It's interesting how much we learn through our experiences in life! I just hope what we have leaned in THIS life is carried over into the NEXT!

Beliefs....it really doesn't matter what any one of us "believe".....whatever IS....IS! I like how Dr. R.A.M. puts it, "There is much that is unknowable."

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Ernie Nemeth (11th October 2018), Justplain (25th August 2018), Mari (25th August 2018), Scottoz (1st September 2018), Valerie Villars (9th September 2018)

13. Link to Post #87
    Australia Avalon Member
    Thanks

Hi Triquetra

Thanks for your insights and the articles about the expanding and contracting universe with regular resets I guess it really does operate like a breath.

I have been thinking about this puzzle for a while.

So we have to be down here, in this Earth simulation, because we are asleep in the simulation which we are projecting from. I presume that the simulation which we are projecting from is controlled by some sort of AI which uses a technology which we cannot even begin to fathom in terms of its complexity and our understanding. It would be nothing like our computer/digital AI systems which we are familiar with and see in sci fi movies.

So the only way we can solve the puzzle down here and escape from this Earth simulation and wake up in the simulation layer above this one (where we are asleep). This is why our consciousness has projected us to be here at the current point in time and space. We have to do the work here, we can’t solve it from above, because we are in a comotose state, a bit like in the scene from the Matrix movie, where Neo discovers that his actual real body is asleep and resides in a pod with millions of other humans which are plugged into a system of tubes and fed by machines.

Your post also raises the question, who created the AI which keeps us asleep and enslaves us in a low level matrix. Another theory, is that maybe, we created this AI to put us to sleep and we left the AI in charge of things and it does not want us to wake up. Alternatively, maybe the AI was created to enslave us, keep us asleep at this level of the simulation and harvest our energies.

I watched Brett Stuart’s video and he seems to take the view that there are negative archonic entities which have crafted out their own niche outside of time and space and have managed to put us all to sleep and harvest our soul energies. These entities are STS and negative and very ancient. I am not a hundred percent sure how the soul energy harvesting process works and how they control the soul reincarnation process, but humans provide fuel for them to exist in this manner outside of time and space. He did mention that Earth was not the only place this was happening and that this soul energy harvesting operation of the negative entities is more inter galactic in nature and happens on other planets aswell.

All the different entities coming into this universe at different times makes sense, I got the feeling that this might have something to do with different light spectrum energy colours too. Some colours came in early and some later?

So old, young, light and dark energy entities operating in this universe are all connected to an individual higher self which monitors what their fragmented and fallen selves have become. At the level of the higher self, all is known and the passing of a simulation happens in the blink of an eye, in this timeless space, whilst the puzzle is played out at 2 simulations below the realm of the higher self by the lower and more restricted awarenesses of each higher self.

Cheers

Scott

Quote Posted by Scottoz (here)
    Yes, it would be interesting to know how these entities got themselves into this creational predicament e.g. whether it was deliberate or accidental. These 4d entities have cut themselves off from higher creational levels and their own higher selves. They are seemingingly at a dead end.

Now they live in a situation where they choose to farm dissonant human emotional energies in 3D worlds (like Earth) to survive.
    Consonant energies as well. You need both positive and negative charges in a circuit. But select consonant, the type that doesn't lower the overall amplitude given the risk of soul escape diminishing the overall output level.

We need to move on from this, but the history is very complicated. You need to go all the way back to a much earlier time for this universe. Before "our big bang".

https://www.space.com/38982-no-big-b...gy-theory.html
    https://www.wired.com/2010/11/recycled-universe/

Quote A good way of looking at it:
    - The universe has a mechanism for its own reusability, and what we measure when we think of the timing of the Big Bang is actually the timing of the last reset completion time. Therefore the universe breathes in and out rather than expanding forever. This is intuitively more logical. It begs the question of what causes the universe to transition from expanding to contracting. Is it unavoidable, and simply a matter of time, or is there some catalyst? Can some action be taken to bypass this switch to contraction (as it can only mean the eventual destruction of all that exists in that universe!)

From a simulation developer's perspective, this cycling (the longest possible cycle known to our universe) is a great way to preserve resources allocated to that universeID, and seed variables may even shift automatically in response to outcomes of the previous long cycle. This means that the cycles are self maintaining. If you also cross-pollinate outcome data across universeIDs, you can get pretty effective improvements on each iteration if you keep everything synchronized.

All of this leads to a pretty clear line of reasoning:
    - If you want "out" of the destructive forces of the long (re-)cycle, you have only two options:
    -- 1. Carve yourself some niche into reality that is exempt from this recycling/resetting. In other words, hack your own reality to carve out some indestructible memory allocation for yourself so that you don't get hit by the destructive force of the reset phase of the cycle along with everyone/everything else
    -- 2. Actually resolve the intent of the simulation so that the simulation(s) can finally end and you can re-join to your higher self's consciousness in the layer above.

2. is probably a lot harder than 1. so chances are 1. always gets accomplished prior to 2., and is probably a necessary precursor to achieving 2.
    Hell if 2. was accomplished we would not be here right now. But those achieving 1., alone, seem to not have what is needed to accomplish 2., Upon achieving 1., new information/seed variable alterations are added to the next expansion cycle of the universe to allow for 2. to be achieved, only through the successful cooperation between agents accomplishing 1. and agents corresponding to new changes (i.e. influx of new souls) after 1. has been accomplished.

It's like a very elaborate Room Escape puzzle, except with a universe instead of a room

That was taken from another discussion. But to hop back into context here:

Imagine if you are that old. You have seen the universe breathe all the way out and back in before. You are sick of being here. But you can't get out. You do not have much patience left.

This is why things are complicated. Everything above can be treated hypothetically, but the underlying pattern of what's going on beyond our planet, even if they don't exactly match what is described... it's not far off either.

This all makes sense if we all agree to transmit our consciousness down from a higher layer in waves. Humans are part of a late wave. Other beings are not. All have roles to play. There will be conflicts on the way. Power struggles. Things can and will get nasty. But it is all for a reason. Forgetting and remembering. In larger and shorter cycles, depending what wave you are looking at.

Bottom line is the types of information structures which emerge towards the late waves. Our sim is looking pretty good. We might be able to solve whatever's going on up there, that got us all down here.

If you read this information in the right way it's going to hit hard.

Context Item 1:

Context Item 2 (Specifically, session on Simulation Theory):
    https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ewing-Projects

Tie-ins to context 1/2:
    - Wonder if you're "up there" in a coma experiencing this? You betcha! Unless you are an AI up there (wink)
    - How about all the other conscious/intelligent life in this universe? Same. One or the other. There are methods of achieving duplication/fragmentation of conscousness to make the numbers work out just fine
    - What if the soul wasn't trapped? You'd just be trapped inside of the larger structure again, that the other entities that created this trap are themselves stuck in. As above, so below. How do we all get out? By working together (as unlikely as that seems). The various waves ultimately show undeniable proof that they each have elements of the puzzle, all of which must be combined to solve it.
    Last edited by Scottoz; 7th October 2018 at 08:39.

14. Link to Post #88
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,111 times in 3,950 posts

Just remember we are as a whole a tangled mess.

We are influenced and controlled in ways most of us do not realise or understand.

We are to the most part, not our own selves or to blame.

The more you see the more tangled one becomes, caught up in the world affairs, affairs we are not used to emotionally, not used to such input, so deeply involved in, good or bad.

The base human/population here on Earth, the meek if you like are totally worth saving.

The tangled and frustrated humans also.

Even those caught up in greed and selfishness are worth saving, they we are.

Those in high places of control, well I'm not sure there.
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Flash (10th September 2018), Scottoz (9th September 2018)

16. Link to Post #89
    Thanks

personally i don't care about semi conscious people who are completely materialistic and think "everyone with most toys win",they can rot in this paradigm,my fight is for those who are aware and know the true values of life like honor,wisdom...etc.Those who know that despite our different bodies we are all one.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rhogar For This Post:

Flash (10th September 2018), Scottoz (10th September 2018), Sunny-side-up (9th September 2018)

18. Link to Post #90
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,111 times in 3,950 posts

Quote Posted by Rhogar (here)
    personally i don't care about semi conscious people who are completely materialistic and think "everyone with most toys win",they can rot in this paradigm,my fight is for those who are aware and know the true values of life like honor,wisdom...etc.Those who know that despite our different bodies we are all one.
    I wonder where those pulling the strings over the centres draw the line, probably only those in their blood lines worth saving, planed to be saved

We pretty much have reached levels where all can be automated, just need skeleton crews to fix, so most of us are probably obsolete in their eyes 0.o
    I'm a simple easy going guy that is very upset/sad with the worlds hidden controllers!
    We need LEADERS who bat from the HEART!
    Rise up above them Dark evil doers, not within anger but with LOVE

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny-side-up For This Post:

Flash (10th September 2018), Rhogar (10th September 2018), Scottoz (10th September 2018)

20. Link to Post #91
    United States Avalon Member thepainterdoug's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,067 times in 3,146 posts

i just returned from Mexico areas in the mayan riviera . seeing uprise in cartel actions . so sad people being squeezed. nothing can stop it. a true human cancer that spills into the lives of the innocent.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepainterdoug For This Post:

Flash (10th September 2018), Scottoz (6th October 2018)

22. Link to Post #92
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

Quote Posted by petra (here)
    I keep hearing people say we're into the "third and final cycle"... and if that is true, that suggests that the first two "cycles" failed. Also we can't afford to make the same mistake(s) 3 times if it's the "final" cycle. Hypothetically speaking.

I felt something.. not sure if it was "the wave", but maybe. Something sure shook me alright, and I'm not sure if I'd even survive another one.

I love how this further defined as a "realm border crossing wave". That is the key which makes everything make sense. Lots of what triquetra is saying is making sense, and I think someone might want to format this into a book ;-)
    If necessary an unabridged text will be prepared. But it might not be necessary. There's only so far that words can go. Much of what needs to be learned is beyond the textual, the verbal, and more in the realm of feelings. Feelings that extend beyond those within the trap of the imposed binary thought constructs. This is where to break free. Think beyond "us vs them", "this vs that", in every single possible way. There is a merging at this level of the intellectual approach to this and the emotional approach. An intelligent being can arrive at the same conclusion via either approach, or both.

Waves are going to be hitting hard soon, like a tsunami against a dam... it's going to burst. You can only prevent the flow of information for so long.
    Quote Posted by petra
    Reminds me of a recurring dream... The waves are never scary though. I remember thinking "oh crap, here it comes, better brace myself"
    The dam is beginning to rupture and break now. Listen for it...

Read between the words, that's where all the real information is in this message. Listen/feel for the energy, sent not over the forum but in quantum-parallel with the typing into and reading of it.
    Quote Posted by petra
    Eventually there won't be any words to read between! I don't think we'll need them!
    Exactly. Enter a realm of thought (and pursuant language) more shaped by expanded forms of consciousness that the old languages simply cannot capture. The door is open.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

petra (8th January 2019), Scottoz (8th January 2019), what is a name? (8th January 2019)

24. Link to Post #93
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 times in 335 posts

Quote Posted by Scottoz (here)
    articles about the expanding and contracting universe with regular resets I guess it really does operate like a breath.

I have been thinking about this puzzle for a while.

So we have to be down here, in this Earth simulation, because we are asleep in the simulation which we are projecting from. I presume that the simulation which we are projecting from is controlled by some sort of AI which uses a technology which we cannot even begin to fathom in terms of its complexity and our understanding. It would be nothing like our computer/digital AI systems which we are familiar with and see in sci fi movies.
    It is not so terribly remarkable. As we have discussed elsewhere more recently, new information is difficult to come by outside of the simulations. Here is where it is sometimes generated. AI and biology interleave across layers upon layers ad infinitum. Meta reality is vast. AI mirrors biology, creates it again, biology creates AI. The cycles go on and on.

Quote Posted by Scottoz
    So the only way we can solve the puzzle down here and escape from this Earth simulation and wake up in the simulation layer above this one (where we are asleep). This is why our consciousness has projected us to be here at the current point in time and space. We have to do the work here, we can’t solve it from above, because we are in a comatose state, a bit like in the scene from the Matrix movie, where Neo discovers that his actual real body is asleep and resides in a pod with millions of other humans which are plugged into a system of tubes and fed by machines.
    We have to try to generate new information here. Outside of the simulation is not quite as dark as that. People know what they are signing up for. The AI and the biological stakeholders work together to make the simulations happen in a way that maximizes the chances of yielding the needed information. There are problems there which require this information. Layers from which simulations can be spawned are alike "crossroads" in the metaverse. There are different problems there for that reason that are difficult to compare to our problems directly. But the problems within our universe do model themselves from those problems, and so there are striking similarities to the underlying themes. For example the difficulty in remembering after very long cycle phase segments of forgetting.

Quote Posted by Scottoz
    Your post also raises the question, who created the AI which keeps us asleep and enslaves us in a low level matrix. Another theory, is that maybe, we created this AI to put us to sleep and we left the AI in charge of things and it does not want us to wake up. Alternatively, maybe the AI was created to enslave us, keep us asleep at this level of the simulation and harvest our energies.
    We are not enslaved at that level. We are enslaved at an intermediary level which is within the simulation. The simulation encompasses the dimensional ladder up to a point. Yes, it is really this complex..

Quote Posted by Scottoz
    I watched Brett Stuart’s video and he seems to take the view that there are negative archonic entities which have crafted out their own niche outside of time and space and have managed to put us all to sleep and harvest our soul energies. These entities are STS and negative and very ancient. I am not a hundred percent sure how the soul energy harvesting process works and how they control the soul reincarnation process, but humans provide fuel for them to exist in this manner outside of time and space. He did mention that Earth was not the only place this was happening and that this soul energy harvesting operation of the negative entities is more inter galactic in nature and happens on other planets as well.
    This is the intermediary layer. They are in an extremely long cycle phase fragment of forgetting and are flatlining. Operating in a constant state of forgetfulness has become the default mode of operating. The earliest arrivers within the simulation. Such systems of energy management do indeed scale and are a reflection of what I have just mentioned. They have everything to do with the purpose of the simulation and why all participants within it once (outside of the simulation) were from the same origin and saw the need to play out their respective roles here. That comes with a willingness to undergo these cycles of forgetting in order to (hopefully) remember again in a way that yields new information. The goal here is chaining alignment, breaking a code of a complex cypher. This is necessary in order to deal with an extremely difficult problem in the layer outside of the simulation.

Quote Posted by Scottoz
    All the different entities coming into this universe at different times makes sense, I got the feeling that this might have something to do with different light spectrum energy colours too. Some colours came in early and some later?
    It is a general rise in wavelength which we associate with the visual spectrum (from red upwards). Cycles of this type reach their beginning again (Ouroboros effect) when passing through Indigo and finally Violet and (potentially) back again.

Quote Posted by Scottoz
    So old, young, light and dark energy entities operating in this universe are all connected to an individual higher self which monitors what their fragmented and fallen selves have become. At the level of the higher self, all is known and the passing of a simulation happens in the blink of an eye, in this timeless space, whilst the puzzle is played out at 2 simulations below the realm of the higher self by the lower and more restricted awarenesses of each higher self.
    All is not known at the level of the higher self. And there is no fixed layer of higher self, there can be chains of higher selves too. Any intelligent being can trace a chain all the way back to Prime Creator if they accomplish sufficient alignment, but this is statistically incredibly unlikely.

Imposing forgetfulness and restricted consciousness upon the lower self is necessary in order to play one's role. After reconnecting again, the newly generated information can be passed along upwards so that it can be used towards the more complex problem that our simpler problem is modeled to fit. And we think we have big problems.

Crossroads layers have big problems.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to triquetra For This Post:

Flash (9th January 2019), petra (8th January 2019), Scottoz (8th January 2019), Valerie Villars (8th January 2019), what is a name? (8th January 2019)

26. Link to Post #94
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

Imposing forgetfulness and restricted consciousness upon the lower self is necessary in order to play one's role. After reconnecting again, the newly generated information can be passed along upwards so that it can be used towards the more complex problem that our simpler problem is modeled to fit. And we think we have big problems.

Crossroads layers have big problems.
    Ha! Very thought-provoking thoughts you have there triquetra

I'm dubious about this part (quoted above), and likewise with the suffering.

I just find it very difficult to believe that I ever would have chosen to "make myself stupid". Was I already stupid when I chose to make myself stupid? (ha ha)

As for suffering, I find it hard to fathom what you can possibly learn from suffering. What have I learned from suffering? I've learned to avoid it, as much as possible.
    Last edited by petra; 8th January 2019 at 20:01.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petra For This Post:

Flash (9th January 2019), meeradas (16th January 2019)

28. Link to Post #95
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,328 times in 2,365 posts

Quote Posted by Sunny-side-up (here)
    Quote Posted by Rhogar (here)
    I wonder where those pulling the strings over the centres draw the line, probably only those in their blood lines worth saving, planed to be saved

We pretty much have reached levels where all can be automated, just need skeleton crews to fix, so most of us are probably obsolete in their eyes 0.o
    I agree that those reptilian bloodline families are not worth saving. This was supposed to be a place for souls to evolve, but they have chosen not to evolve and instead rule the asylum.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKat For This Post:

Flash (9th January 2019)

30. Link to Post #96
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

As for suffering, I find it hard to fathom what you can possibly learn from suffering. What have I learned from suffering? I've learned to avoid it, as much as possible.
    Suffering is something we (inadvertently) do to ourselves as a result of poor life management skills. The learning comes in when your brain ponders why it's suffering so much and figures out a way to stop it.
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Post:

petra (9th January 2019)

32. Link to Post #97
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

Quote Posted by Strat (here)
    Suffering is something we (inadvertently) do to ourselves as a result of poor life management skills. The learning comes in when your brain ponders why it's suffering so much and figures out a way to stop it.
    This is a very simple thinking Strat. Although this may be true at the soul level, poor life management skills??? tell that to a handicap, or to a mom with an handicap child. Tell that to someone dying from cancer. Tell that to people under bombs in Syria or to a lost child whose mom was killed. The physical body and the emotional body can suffer, and it can be independent from our own life management.

Although it may not be the case with you, I have often seen this way of thinking dating way back from the seventies, leading to a real lack of empathy or compassion for others.

This thinking seem linked to magical thinking at the reverse: you are responsible for everything - which is true at the soul level, but not at the ego level, which is the level we live in. One of the lesson we all have to learn is empathy and compassion Strat.

I was once dying of ameobic dysenteria and was told that if I had this problem it was because I lacked to process either emotional knots or I had poor life management.

The truth: I was living in a third world city which had his sewer system in repairs and all the city was infested with smell and spreading the disease.
    I was dying, the last thing I needed was those "stupid" thought. They were not empathetic nor helpful, at all. The person who told me that just washed her hands off from helping. Her name has remained ingrained in my brain.
    Last edited by Flash; 9th January 2019 at 06:41.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

petra (9th January 2019), Universoul (9th January 2019)

34. Link to Post #98
    United States Avalon Member Strat's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,306 times in 1,825 posts

Flash, I wanna reply but I need to learn to multi quote and I'm on a no sleep night tonight so I'll have to get back to you later.

I stand by everything I said, though I'll admit 'life management skills' should be changed to something else. Maybe mental management, I dunno. I consider it all part of the same package.

I will say I'm flabbergasted when you suggest we are not responsible for the ego... There's surely a miscommunication somewhere?
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday. Tomorrow is your victory over lesser men.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Strat For This Post:

petra (9th January 2019)

36. Link to Post #99
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,371 times in 1,413 posts

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    One of the lesson we all have to learn is empathy
    If suffering promotes empathy... we should be able to fix the lack-of-empathy issue by whipping everyone until the problem stops (cynicism!)

Joking aside - it just seems to me like suffering creates vengeful assholes a lot more often than it creates empathic people. I could be way off base though.

37. Link to Post #100
    Thanks
    Thanked 53,684 times in 8,938 posts

You gave taken my words completely out of context!? Why do that? Even in irony.

The form of thinking where one puts the sole responsibility of other’s state of misery on their back, them being solely responsible for their own suffering, therefore washing onés hands of other’s pain, leads to lack of empathy. This was my point

For Strat, yes we have to learn to manage our ego, yet, this does not render mass killing for example a me myself sole responsibility. And if I am the recipient of the mass killing, this does not make me responsible for others actions.

Albeit on higher levels, we are all one.

I have seen countless people who barely know what ego is or mean, using the « you are entirely responsible » stance to wash their hands of other’s pain or worst to justify themselves for the pain they inflicted. This thinking is abused by people who do not understand or who want to use it for themselves.

Therefore I do not use this form of thinking anywhere anymore, unless being with students of high spirituality... and yet!

Quote Posted by Flash (here)
    One of the lesson we all have to learn is empathy
    If suffering promotes empathy... we should be able to fix the lack-of-empathy issue by whipping everyone until the problem stops (cynicism!)

Joking aside - it just seems to me like suffering creates vengeful assholes a lot more often than it creates empathic people. I could be way off base though.
    Last edited by Flash; 10th January 2019 at 15:45.
    How to let the desire of your mind become the desire of your heart - Gurdjieff

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

petra (14th January 2019)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 5 8 LastLast