+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Major Dutch Breakthrough ‘Quantum Internet’ – No Microwaves No Wifi Needed!

1. Link to Post #1
    Netherlands Avalon Member ExomatrixTV's Avatar
    Language
    English, Dutch, German, Limburgs
    Thanks
    Thanked 127,215 times in 21,086 posts

Exclamation Major Dutch Breakthrough ‘Quantum Internet’ – No Microwaves No Wifi Needed!

Major Dutch Breakthrough ‘Quantum Internet’ – No Microwaves No Wifi Needed!

Quantum Internet

A major breakthrough has been made at TU Delft. Researchers have succeeded in making a well-functioning quantum connection that can be used for a future form of the internet. That is a bit complicated, but let’s keep it simple. Quantum connection runs on the idea that – for reasons that nobody understands, even though it does work – there is a connection between two quantum particles. That is called quantum entanglement, or entanglement. Again: how that works is unclear, but it works.

How does quantum internet work?

That is therefore bizarre, but it also means that you can send data through that system. After that entanglement between the particles is established, two light particles are released that are also entangled. Then you can move one of the two light particles in all sorts of ways, because sending light, we could already do that. It is possible through our fiber optic connection, but it can also be radiated via satellite. That is even better, because at the moment there is noise when you move the particles through fiber and it does not come that far.

And now comes the trick: that quantum state of those particles has the remarkable property that if you do something with it (like looking at it, or copying the particle) the particle changes. So you can check if a particle arrives or if it has been sent undisturbed and you can be sure that no one has seen the ‘data’. This makes it virtually impossible to intercept and that would mean that in any case no data can be intercepted between sender and receiver.
    • What did TU Delft do then?
    Research into these quantum particles is already underway in various countries and laboratories, but TU Delft has now made a big step in entangling the particles. That was still in the heavily experimental phase and it took forever (especially in internet terms) to intertwine two particles. A new technique now makes it possible to entangle a particle up to forty times per second and then you are at a speed that you can really start testing with quantum internet.

Of course that is the next thing they will do, so a connection is now being established between Amsterdam, Delft, Leiden and The Hague. It should be functional by 2020. In the four cities a kind of extremely strong fridges will be put down which are needed to intertwine particles and these will then be connected to the regular optical fiber network. That is where the interlaced light particles go through and if that all works according to plan, there is a start of the quantum internet.
    • Competition
    Hopefully they are the first. Indeed, researchers at MIT and in a lab in China are also quite far behind. There was also a demonstration earlier of sending quantum particles via satellite by a Chinese party. Satellites are extra interesting, because the noise that occurs when sending the light particles does not occur in the vacuum of the room. Quantum entanglement has tremendous potential, but for now it would be a feast if we can stably and consistently set up this form of communication and with a bit of luck this will soon be the first in the Netherlands.
    • dutch 🇳🇱 (+ Multi-Language Options). 🦜🦋🌳
    QuTech needs great students with the drive and talent to help us accelerate the effort to build a quantum computer and a large-scale quantum Internet. Join us at the QuTech Academy: qutech.nl/edu

• MOOC Quantum Computers and Internet
    There is no doubt that quantum computers and the quantum internet will have a great impact on our world. But we don’t yet know quite how. As with traditional computers – we will only see the effects in the decades to come. Starting 20 March, you can learn all about this in the new online course ‘Quantum Computers and Quantum Internet: How can they change the world?’. Enrol now via EdX.org.

This course will provide you with a basic understanding of quantum computing and the quantum internet. You will peek into the fascinating world of quantum phenomena, such as qubits, superposition and entanglement.

QuTech’s top scientists Menno Veldhorst, Stephanie Wehner and Lieven Vandersypen will introduce to you the potential impact of quantum computing and the quantum internet. You will explore various application areas, such as quantum chemistry, quantum machine learning, encryption and secure communication, factorisation and blind quantum computation.

The course is aimed at a broad and diverse audience including policy-makers, people with a scientific or personal interest, business executives and students at all levels.

The goal of a quantum internet is to connect quantum processors using long distance quantum communication. The internet has had a revolutionary impact on our world. The long-term vision of this talk is to build a matching quantum internet that will operate in parallel to the internet we have today. This quantum internet will enable long-range quantum communication in order to achieve unparalleled capabilities that are provably impossible using only classical means. Stephanie starts by exploring what a quantum internet is good for, and gives an intuition why quantum communication is so powerful. She proceeds from the state of the art today, towards stages for a full blown quantum internet. As an example, she discusses the efforts of the EU quantum internet alliance including the planned demonstration network connecting four Dutch cities in 2020. Stephanie Wehner is an Antoni van Leeuwenhoek Professor at QuTech, Delft University of Technology, where she leads the Quantum Internet efforts. Her passion is the theory of quantum information in all its facets, and she has written numerous scientific articles in both physics and computer science. In a former life, she worked as a professional hacker in industry. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community.

~source: stop5g.whynotnews.eu/?p=845
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 15th January 2024 at 21:27.
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

angelfire (16th June 2018), aoibhghaire (15th June 2018), avid (16th June 2018), Bruno (15th June 2018), Dennis Leahy (15th June 2018), dynamo (15th June 2018), Franny (16th June 2018), ghostrider (15th June 2018), gini (23rd June 2023), jjjones (16th June 2018), justntime2learn (15th June 2018), KiwiElf (16th June 2018), littleOne (15th June 2018), Mercedes (15th June 2018), Nasu (15th June 2018), Ol' Roy (16th June 2018), onawah (15th June 2018), Words of Joy (18th June 2018), Zampano (15th June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,974 times in 595 posts

Default Re: Major Dutch Breakthrough ‘Quantum Internet’ – No Microwaves No Wifi Needed!

Along the lines of my thinking since I was a child...
    Everyone (ok most) has/have the innate ability to communicate telepathically.

https://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...ral+projection

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Bruno (15th June 2018), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2018), Jayke (16th June 2018), justntime2learn (15th June 2018), Justplain (15th June 2018), KiwiElf (16th June 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    Thanks

Default Re: Major Dutch Breakthrough ‘Quantum Internet’ – No Microwaves No Wifi Needed!

Quote Posted by dynamo (here)

indeed we are bio-quantum with 4D 5D Spiral Antennas and even a Quantum Crystal (Pineal Gland)
    No need to follow anyone, only consider broadening (y)our horizon of possibilities ...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

dynamo (15th June 2018), Franny (16th June 2018), gini (23rd June 2023), Justplain (15th June 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Thanks

Quote Posted by ExomatrixTV (here)
    Quote Posted by dynamo (here)

indeed we are bio-quantum with 4D 5D Spiral Antennas and even a Quantum Crystal (Pineal Gland)
    Exactly, ExomatrixTV!
    Those that are interested in opening their "third eye" should investigate de-calcifying the pineal gland!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (15th June 2018), Franny (16th June 2018), gini (23rd June 2023)

9. Link to Post #5
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

Communication via quantum entanglement will most likely break the light speed barrier. At this time, we do not know if entanglement communication could actually be instantaneous in time for the sender and receiver. It might be. And then, Albert Einstein agued against using the term "instantaneous" in such a way, as he had concluded that information cannot travel faster than light.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

dynamo (15th June 2018), ExomatrixTV (15th June 2018), Franny (16th June 2018), gini (23rd June 2023)

11. Link to Post #6
    Language
    Thanks

Synthetic Telepathy?

¤=[Post Update]=¤

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

dynamo (16th June 2018), Franny (16th June 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Language
    Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

dynamo (16th June 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    Communication via quantum entanglement will most likely break the light speed barrier. At this time, we do not know if entanglement communication could actually be instantaneous in time for the sender and receiver. It might be. And then, Albert Einstein agued against using the term "instantaneous" in such a way, as he had concluded that information cannot travel faster than light.
    There are a couple of "things" that I am aware of, since I was in my teens, that are faster than light, prior to "quantum entanglement" becoming mainstream, so to speak:
    a) tachyons (I have no proof of this as I do not have the tools to "measure" it)
    b) thought (I have a gut feeling this is, in fact, true, as well as personal experiences).
    Just putting this out there, not meant to hijack the thread...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

ExomatrixTV (16th June 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,264 times in 1,414 posts

Regarding quantum entanglement communications, one of the interesting pieces of info channelled through Lee Carroll from the entity Kryon, is that the galactic et neighbourhood communicates on this basis. The communication is virtually instantaneous. If we could monitor this stream of communication we would see a humungous amount of chattering. This makes sense since we know from various attempts, such as SETI, that our galactic neighbours do not use the methodology we use for communicating because we dont hear them.

Given that our scientists, and nasa, using relatively primitive space telescopes, have already discovered dozens of rocky planets within a hundred light years of Earth, and a dozen or more Earthlike, we can reasonably assume that our galaxy is teeming with sentient life. We know that many of those species, good bad and indifferent, are already visiting us. Also, we can probably safely assume that most, if not all, of this sentient life likes to communicate with each other like we do. So, we now understand a bit more about how they communicate, likely via quantum entanglement.

It is very good that this research is so widespread. The fact that quantum communication is likely very secure, the intelligence/security establishment wont like that, and may try to squash this technology. We cannot let that occur. Having this research done on a transnational basis, in the 'white world', makes it more likely that suppression wont happen.

I wonder whether quantum entanglement can be used in some way for telescopy?
    Last edited by Justplain; 16th June 2018 at 00:26.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

Arcturian108 (16th June 2018), dynamo (16th June 2018), ExomatrixTV (16th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th June 2018), gini (23rd June 2023)

19. Link to Post #10
    Ecuador Honored, Retired Member. Warren passed on 2 July, 2020.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,540 times in 864 posts

@dynamo, Your two superluminal things
    "
    a) tachyons (I have no proof of this as I do not have the tools to "measure" it)
    b) thought (I have a gut feeling this is, in fact, true, as well as personal experiences).
    "
    may be correct, but as yet, have not been measured. Tachyons are by definition superluminal but have not been observed in nature - only on Star Trek.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wnlight For This Post:

dynamo (16th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th June 2018), Intranuclear (16th June 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Thanks

Quote Posted by wnlight (here)
    @dynamo, Your two superluminal things
    "
    "
    may be correct, but as yet, have not been measured. Tachyons are by definition superluminal but have not been observed in nature - only on Star Trek.
    Yes, Wnlight, you are repeating what I already stated.
    I don't know for sure because...
    a) I cannot measure it
    b) I cannot measure it
    Therefore, Star Trek or not, quantum entanglement is all we have, at the present time, that exhibits instantaneous action/reaction.
    Therefore, I thought (very quickly, faster-than-light LOL, JK!) I would add my own examples.
    Because something does not fit into modern day physics formulas does not mean it doesn't exist.
    We simply cannot measure it...yet.
    Maybe we will never be able to, I don't know.
    Advances in physics (gravitational wave detection now a reality with LIGO, for example) may be just around the corner (again, faster than light LOL).

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dynamo For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (16th June 2018), Justplain (16th June 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Not having a scientific mind, I cannot address the discussion being held here....BUT....I have had a personal experience with Quantum Entanglement, if that is what it's called, involving a very dear friend of mine. It was not something I sought after, but just happened as a result of a long series of events over a period of years. It was a complete surprise to me & still happens on occasion.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Bob (16th June 2018), dynamo (16th June 2018), ExomatrixTV (16th June 2018), wnlight (16th June 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Language
    Thanks

If Quantum Internet really works ... that in itself can mean you have a great possibility of a "Alien Quantum Galaxy Internet-like Communications" or "Alien Quantum Universal Internet-like Communications" ... David Sereda was already discussing this years ago!

Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 18th June 2018 at 20:21.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

dynamo (19th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (23rd June 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    Language
    Thanks
    Last edited by ExomatrixTV; 23rd June 2023 at 00:38.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to ExomatrixTV For This Post:

gini (23rd June 2023)

+ Reply to Thread