+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "I talk a lot, but no one listens."

1. Link to Post #1
    Belgium Avalon Member Johan (Keyholder)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,746 times in 531 posts

Default "I talk a lot, but no one listens."

Yesterday, that is just a few hours ago, something unusual happened.
    The reason I write about it here, is that in case some one comes across a similar experience, he or she has at least some reference (from another person), about what -possibly - to do.

I had taken an afternoon and evening off to have some relaxing time at a wellness center. The kind where there are whirlpools, steam baths, etc..
    There was also a session with singing bowls in a "salt-room". I don't know whether this is relevant, but I never had been in a room like this. There was salt on the floor, the walls and ceiling were made of salt, one wall was made out of huge salt-quartz stones (rose colored). The air was Himalayan salt permeated.
    One young man used singing bowls.

Now, that was the setting.

I had enquired before at the reception and anybody interested had to leave a name and come back at 19.30.

When I went back at 19.30 I saw also a young woman standing there. Maybe 30-35. And then I was "asked" (I felt it inside) to give her a message! I didn't know her, had never seen her, knew nothing about her and knew I'ld feel very "foolish" to go to her "with a message"(from who, about what….).

During the time in the salt-room I was sitting straight across her. Contemplating what to do. Something like this had happened 4 or 5 times before, but over a long period of time (40 years). So, it is not something that happens a lot to me. And each time I am struggling (inside) on what to do. It always feels like I am acting "like a fool". But each time it has happened, it showed that it was the very best thing that I could be doing.

When the session was finished, she left and all the others including me as well. I had decided to "deliver the message". But then, she had somehow disappeared, I didn't see her anymore. Until a little later, outside on a path near a pond, no one else around, we passed each other.

I could have walked on. But, I stopped and started talking to her. I felt pretty strange when I told her I had a message for her. Our conversation lasted maybe five minutes, during which she started crying. What the message was is not important. It was - obviously - what she needed to hear. And it was a relief, taking away tension. Basically, she was in pain and had talked to many, but was never listened to. A loss, that she hadn't gotten over yet. That I was willing to listen was a great help for her.

Afterwards I was very glad that I had gotten the courage to do something "as foolish" as this. I know it has been a help and support for her, maybe not much, but exactly what she needed at that moment.

In case any of you ever get into a similar situation, please do not hesitate to follow your intuition. You may be a great help for a soul in need at that moment and if you "don't heed the call", you could be regretting it afterwards.

2. The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to Johan (Keyholder) For This Post:

Anka (1st June 2021), Antihero (16th June 2018), Bill Ryan (16th June 2018), Celeste95 (16th June 2018), Chris (16th June 2018), christian (16th June 2018), Cognitive Dissident (16th June 2018), David Trd1 (16th June 2018), dynamo (16th June 2018), edina (16th June 2018), Fellow Aspirant (16th June 2018), Flyswim (16th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th June 2018), Franny (17th June 2018), GaelVictor (16th June 2018), Helene West (16th June 2018), Ioneo (16th June 2018), Ivanhoe (16th June 2018), Jad (16th June 2018), jjjones (16th June 2018), Justplain (16th June 2018), Libico (16th June 2018), Mike (16th June 2018), Nasu (16th June 2018), Noelle (16th June 2018), Ol' Roy (16th June 2018), onawah (27th November 2020), Orph (16th June 2018), Spirithorse (16th June 2018), Stephanie (16th June 2018), Swan (24th July 2018), toppy (16th June 2018), Tyy1907 (16th June 2018), Valerie Villars (16th June 2018), Victoria (27th April 2021), wondering (16th June 2018), Words of Joy (22nd June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,261 times in 1,414 posts

Default Re: "I talk a lot, but no one listens."

Hi Keyholder, a touching, good story.

This experience of yours reminds me of an account told in one of Michael Newton's books 'Journey of Souls' or 'Destiny of Souls', both books of which i highly recommend. The story was a 'between lives' recall of a soul who had recently passed away (in the timeframe of this soul's past, since it was a recall of a living person). This soul, after passing away and having had the normal recovery period, was meeting with its soul advisory council (of wise spiritual elders). In that meeting, the soul's chief guide (ie. 'guardian angel') congratulated the soul for its compassion in the past life. The soul tried to remember what he (he was a man in that past life) had done, and couldnt recall what he had done. His guide reminded him, saying 'dont you remember the time at the bus shelter you comforted a woman'. He then remembered what he considered to be a minor incident when he was walking along a road (on his way to work i believe) and while passing a small roadside bus shelter he noticed a woman sitting there crying. He stopped to console her, spending several minutes with her, doing the best he could to cheer her up. The spirit guide spoke very highly of this event, and the compassion this soul had exhibited.

So the small incidents where we are sensitive to others in their time of need is of great spiritual value, probably of higher value than we can understand.

Therefore, very good advice, Keyholder.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Justplain For This Post:

christian (16th June 2018), Fellow Aspirant (16th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th June 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (16th June 2018), Mike (16th June 2018), Noelle (16th June 2018), onawah (27th November 2020), Orph (16th June 2018), Swan (24th July 2018), toppy (16th June 2018), Valerie Villars (16th June 2018), Victoria (27th April 2021), wondering (16th June 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Netherlands Avalon Member GaelVictor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,536 times in 316 posts

Default Re: "I talk a lot, but no one listens."

The following happened when I was much younger; I visited a friend in another part of town and was standing infront of his parents house when a neighbour walked down her driveway and lingered there for some time, she was a very beautifull woman with dark brown hair in her early thirties. While looking at her I felt an urge to go over and meet her, the feeling was mystical and coming from my heart and was subtle yet overwhelming and something I never experienced like that before. In all my wisdom and perhaps some social blockades I decided to go against my subtle-mystic feeling and did not go over to meet her. The fact I didn't act kept haunting me somehow in days to come.
    A week later when I visited my friend again and inquired about the beautiful woman who was his neighbour he shocked me when he told she had taken her own life at her house when she hung herself in the attic on the day after my last visit.

I had a similar event few years later in the same town with a slightly older woman who was again lingering somewhat on a road, as I came by on my bike, the same feeling struck me and this time I stopped my bike as I already drove past her and looked back where she was, the woman was in thoughts or occupied state of mind, you could almost feel the still emotions coming out of her head, but she now turned back the other way. Again I didn't go after her to make contact like I should have.. and after a minute or so continued on my way.
    Next day I was saddened to hear this woman had taken her life by throwing herself infront of a intercity train hours after I encountered her.

In the present I always follow my higher or gut feelings and talk and make contact, I don't let my own mood, awkwardness, timeconstriction etc. get in the way.
    I wish I did the samefor the two women, I really think I could have made the difference. I pray that mercy will be given upon them.
    Last edited by GaelVictor; 16th June 2018 at 02:48.
    "Dodecahedron; 12 faces 20 points 30 edges 6480 degrees"

6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GaelVictor For This Post:

christian (16th June 2018), Cognitive Dissident (16th June 2018), Fellow Aspirant (16th June 2018), Flyswim (16th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (16th June 2018), Johan (Keyholder) (16th June 2018), Justplain (16th June 2018), Mike (16th June 2018), onawah (27th November 2020), Orph (16th June 2018), Swan (24th July 2018), toppy (16th June 2018), Unicorn (16th June 2018), Valerie Villars (16th June 2018), wondering (16th June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread