Thread: Article: Craig Murray | "A Longer View"

1. Link to Post #1
    UK Moderator/Librarian/Administrator Tintin's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,240 times in 5,482 posts

Default Article: Craig Murray | "A Longer View"

"It is as though there has been a deliberate rolling back not just of human progress, but of human sensibility."

Few regular commentators are able to articulate frustration and display perspicacity, and humanity, quite as well as Craig does, and, he makes some very insightful comments here that capture all too well what it feels like to live, and is often experienced by its citizens, in the 21st century United Kingdom. [Or, I would posit, the Disunited Kingdom - The DU(c)K - possibly a dead one or at least one that is sleep-waddling its way into a lake of orange sauce.]

Certainly, for me, this is a clarion call not to take a side in political parlour games necessarily, but a reminder, in its own subtle and not so at times way, that we all as individual republics of us have a positive part to play in contributing to a future that we would want for ourselves and others during what is a trans-formational time in the landscape of UK politics.

Whether that is a DU(c)K I see on the horizon or a flock of condor flying oh so high into a brighter future remains to be seen.

But, we can shape this through our own self awareness, and by being very well informed along the way.

Enjoy the article: I know I did [Tintin Q]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Longer View
    18 Jun, 2018 in Uncategorized by craig

A few weeks’ break gives you a perspective on British politics aside from the day to day excitements, and the long view is just horrible. An astonishingly inept and irrelevant government maintains itself by a series of straight lies to both Tory Remainers and Tory Brexiteers about its intentions.

Both these groups know they are being lied to, but the show stutters on because all in the Tory Party are clinging on, with a death grip, to office if not to power. They are in turn sustained by a Northern Irish party of antediluvian beliefs that appears to have time travelled from the less enlightened parts of the seventeenth century, and whose leader’s idea of politics is to march at the head of a group of ill-educated bigots, who will muster far too few teeth in relation to number of feet, proceeding with drunken braggadocio along the streets of Cowdenbeath.

Meantime society is well on its way through an extremely painful process of transformation. Well-paid, long term jobs offering job satisfaction and career progression are almost as improbable a dream for people under 30 as appearing in the World Cup final or owning their own home.

Employee protection, whether through organised labour with clout or a legislative framework to prevent employers from abusing their power, has dwindled in practice and is a concept well outside the Overton window. Our younger generation grasp for the prospect of a few months’ unprotected employment at low wages, as desperately as did their ancestors in the 1830’s.

It is as though there has been a deliberate rolling back not just of human progress, but of human sensibility.

Meantime the rich get richer at an unprecedented rate. The concentration of wealth is mirrored by a concentration of the ownership of housing. Media ownership concentration into an ever-tightening circle continues to exert social control, while the gatekeeper role of the big new media corporations of twitter, facebook, google and wikipedia is now being very openly abused to maintain the Establishment narrative. [My emphasis - Tintin]

Any political party with the slightest prospect of power, will always be influenced and infiltrated by those with a strong stake in the economic status quo wishing to defend it, while advancing their personal interest.

That is an eternal truth and afflicts both the Labour Party and the SNP. But while the programme of neither the Labour Party nor the SNP is as radical as is needed, both do reflect a genuine discontent with the status quo and with an economic philosophy which emphasises above all the freedoms of the very wealthy. There is more genuine choice on offer to the electorate than has been the case in the UK as a whole for many decades, which explains the crescendo of reaction from the media and the de facto casting off of the practice of political neutrality of the BBC, which was prepared to be reasonably fair in treatment of political parties only when they were all neo-conservative.

Whether in the next decade the Labour Party is now sufficiently radical to contain the tensions racking the UK’s political economy, within a broadly constant political system, remains to be seen. It continues to be my view that the first great crack will open with Scottish Independence, and more radical societal change throughout the rest of the UK will swiftly follow that catalytic event.
    Last edited by Tintin; 20th June 2018 at 10:26. Reason: Linked to Overton window description
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

angelfire (21st June 2018), Baby Steps (19th June 2018), BMJ (19th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (19th June 2018), Hervé (19th June 2018), Jayke (19th June 2018), Valerie Villars (19th June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,727 times in 1,526 posts

Default Re: Article: Craig Murray | "A Longer View"

He's a great commentator. I have a feeling that a Scottish divorce would make Brexit look like child's play.

There's the splitting of the oil & gas assets. Also military/strategic issues. I have never heard of any contingencies to move one of Europe's largest and most secret naval bases at Faslane where the UK Trident Subs are based. If I were Scottish this would be issue number one for divorcing.

The base is so key, that UK and US would not want to allow it to close. I wonder if they would try to do a Crimea-style foreign base deal to keep it open? And whether the people of Glasgow would like that.

However I suspect the coup de grace will come sooner.

The May administration is perched on top of the biggest pile of stinking, partially repressed miss-deeds and potential scandals ever.Its a matter of which one will blow up in their faces first?

- False flag chemical terror in Syria
    - Complicity with rendition & torture in Libya etc
    - Documented supply drops to ISIS (allegedly written into the Iraqi parliamentary record)
    - Cambridge analytica, and links to GCHQ and the CIA
    - Suppression of pedophile investigations involving government officials in the 80's

My money is on Spy-gate. If Trump is willing to stand up and state that his campaign was spied upon, and indeed at this juncture badly needs something concrete , with elections approaching, the clear British involvement, and the damage that this release would cause to both UK and USA, may be seen by the US agencies as collateral . This is high stakes, as I doubt many US security types would relish the prospect of a Corbyn government, or the loss of their hidden foreign surveillance partner.
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

Foxie Loxie (20th June 2018), Tintin (19th June 2018), Valerie Villars (21st June 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    Language
    English
    Thanks

For clarity and information, here's a Wikipedia citation on the Overton window:

"The Overton window, also known as the window of discourse, is the range of ideas tolerated in public discourse. The term is derived from its originator, Joseph P. Overton, a former vice president of the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, who in his description of his window claimed that an idea's political viability depends mainly on whether it falls within the window, rather than on politicians' individual preferences.[1][2] According to Overton's description, his window includes a range of policies considered politically acceptable in the current climate of public opinion, which a politician can recommend without being considered too extreme to gain or keep public office."
    “If a man does not keep pace with [fall into line with] his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.” - Thoreau

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Baby Steps (20th June 2018), Foxie Loxie (20th June 2018), Valerie Villars (21st June 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Language
    English
    Thanks

And, extracted here, some typically pertinent observations from Jon Rappoport that chime as they always seem to do, from an article --- please do read this --- from two days ago.

It's classically "on point" and the decentralisation thrust, along with all of course, is well worth paying attention to.

"Then there is “alternative news.” Untold numbers of decentralized outlets have bloomed across the world. Of course, they are labeled “fake news,” because the mainstream monopolists are terrified they are losing their grip on the minds of populations. In 2001, when I launched my site, nomorefakenews.com, I was acutely aware of mainstream brainwashing in the arena of information. I defected from print journalism and went out on my own. Seventeen years later, I’m still here.

Decentralization on every front is occurring. It isn’t always pretty, and it isn’t always on target, but that’s what you get when you get freedom. Life pushes through worn ground and explores new possibilities.

It all comes back to the individual mind. Is that mind free and wide-ranging or is it programmed? When free minds cooperate, the choices are extensive, and success is possible in many directions.

DECENTRALIZATION IS ALL ABOUT IMAGINATION. That is the key. When individuals conceive the futures they want, by imagining and projecting them, doors and windows into the future open. Not one future for all---but many futures side by side."

And consider this opening gambit from the piece referenced above:

"Any movement toward secession is a good thing, no matter how ill-conceived. It puts a different idea in minds: defect, decentralize, opt out, strive to become more self-sufficient. This idea can spawn many new strategies, over the long run."

I know I agree with the sentiment --- others may not --- and it's difficult not to get excited about potentially positive outcomes.

For sometime now I too have wondered whether secession is in fact a better way to start the process not only towards a [admittedly woolly] collective identity, but that it may also inspire and awaken the individual identity as mentioned in my OP - that self awareness component; that spark of genius within us all.

I've become more used to the idea now of a break-away from the EU in certain respects, but, remain extremely vigilant of the ruling Executive [government in power] and whether, bearing in mind our political system flaws here, they can be successfully reined in, whichever party that may be, and held to account while we transition; past experience suggests that this will be an ongoing battle - it will not be easy.

A longer view from my perspective is most certainly that by investing some time in centralising ourselves ---tapping in to what the late Lawrence Gardner referred to as that 'genius loci' [spirit within] --- and investing what we have learnt into our communities may herald a better and more exciting future.

The more we individually divest the [centralised] State of power, the more we can invest spiritually and intellectually in what could be a very positive future, not just for ourselves as individuals, but also in a wider community context whatever shape that may eventually take.
    Last edited by Tintin; 22nd June 2018 at 11:13.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Baby Steps (21st June 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st June 2018), Valerie Villars (21st June 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Language
    English
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Baby Steps (here)
    He's a great commentator. I have a feeling that a Scottish divorce would make Brexit look like child's play.

There's the splitting of the oil & gas assets. Also military/strategic issues. I have never heard of any contingencies to move one of Europe's largest and most secret naval bases at Faslane where the UK Trident Subs are based. If I were Scottish this would be issue number one for divorcing.

The base is so key, that UK and US would not want to allow it to close. I wonder if they would try to do a Crimea-style foreign base deal to keep it open? And whether the people of Glasgow would like that.

However I suspect the coup de grace will come sooner.

The May administration is perched on top of the biggest pile of stinking, partially repressed miss-deeds and potential scandals ever.Its a matter of which one will blow up in their faces first?

- False flag chemical terror in Syria [pretty much proven beyond doubt]

- Complicity with rendition & torture in Libya etc [ditto above]

- Documented supply drops to ISIS (allegedly written into the Iraqi parliamentary record). [at the risk of coming over a bit DW here: Wow but, I'm not too surprised]

- Cambridge analytica, and links to GCHQ and the CIA [SERCO as well, for a refresher: I see that you had previously viewed this - see this here]

- Suppression of pedophile investigations involving government officials in the 80's

My money is on Spy-gate. If Trump is willing to stand up and state that his campaign was spied upon, and indeed at this juncture badly needs something concrete , with elections approaching, the clear British involvement, and the damage that this release would cause to both UK and USA, may be seen by the US agencies as collateral . This is high stakes, as I doubt many US security types would relish the prospect of a Corbyn government, or the loss of their hidden foreign surveillance partner.

This is a wonderful response Baby Steps, and, yes, indeed, which of these ---and they'll be the proverbial tip of course ---will 'go' first?

In fact our incumbent PM in her previous capacity as Home Secretary was leant on in certain quarters to effect a cover-up of the realities of paedophile activity within the Establishment, so, is by proxy complicit in suppressing this shocking fact.

What I was previously unaware of - goodness me! - were the recorded supply drops actually being written into the Iraqi parliamentary record; another avenue for me to explore.

As far as intelligence goes, should a Corbyn government be elected, I don't think there'll be anything there that will worry the PTB/Establishment and its modus operandi as far as partnerships go - they're all part of the same entity anyway. That will likely as not continue as it always has.

But, it'll certainly get very messy indeed when the resource allocation issue rears its T-Rex sized head should there be a divorce between Scotland and England.

And then there's that addictive carnival that is (was) the Skripal affair - an Establishment PR stunt and a mainstream narrative that is the litmus test and raised the bar on presentation of 'fake news' if ever there was one. Jaw dropping in its nerve (and palpable lack of same, if you get my drift).

As things stand, at least as I see it, it would appear that somebody in the real corridors of power has foolishly left a few doors open and forgotten to concrete the ventilation ducts.

In the words of Irving Berlin and famously recorded by both Nat King-Cole and Frank Sinatra:

"There may be trouble ahead
    But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
    Let's face the music and dance....
    Before the fiddlers have fled
    Before they ask us to pay the bill and while we still have the chance
    Let's face the music and dance"

In a perverse sort of a way there may even be some enjoyment to be had along the way........

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tintin For This Post:

Baby Steps (21st June 2018), Foxie Loxie (21st June 2018), Jayke (21st June 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    United States Avalon Member Foxie Loxie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,639 times in 2,960 posts

Love your "take" on things, Tintin!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foxie Loxie For This Post:

Baby Steps (21st June 2018), Tintin (21st June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread