+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cool dream, slightly illustrative and disturbing

1. Link to Post #1
    Canada Avalon Member
    Thanks

Default Cool dream, slightly illustrative and disturbing

I rarely remember my dreams but I just had a cool one and I thought I would share.

I was exploring an open valley: green, sunny warm summer day with my dog. This is a normal occurrence IRL with me and this dog. I was working my way down into the valley when I noticed a sort of sub-basement underneath this normal valley. It resembled a standard suburban basement but it was badly painted over in greens and browns as a sort of camouflage. This basement, this fake layer, was underlying the whole valley but I had not noticed until I got up close.

I hoped down into the basement and started exploring as I am wont to do. I couldn't find a way back up and out. As I was wandering I was challenged by a young man who asked me how I got down there. The young man was slightly off but in a normal way if you catch my meaning. I told him I jumped down but didn't have a rope to get back up. I asked him if he knew the way out?

His reply was to lead me to a gap between two walls leading to a narrow hallway barely wide enough to squeeze through. I entered nervously and queried the young man as to whether the passageway narrowed further. He did not reply. After about 20 feet of this the passageway came to a right angle turn and narrowed to about an inch. The young man stated "if you can't squeeze through that then I don't know what you are going to do". At that point I realized I had been tricked and had a panic attack as I am profoundly claustrophobic. I woke up kicking and flailing in a full blown panic. My dog was right there laying her head on me trying to calm me down. Dogs really are the best.

So that was pretty cool but there are a couple points to note: The young man gave me exactly what I inelegantly asked for: a way out. He led me to my greatest fear and trapped me in it and I was out and back in the real world in a flash. Another point: that young man was not me. He had an uncanny valley feel to him as fake as the painted basement. He didn't lie and gave me exactly what I asked for but he worked within that framework to get rid of me very efficiently.

This whole dream very much felt like I had stumbled out-of-bounds and been chased out by security.

Anyways I thought I would share as I know this audience can find deeper meanings in this sort of experience.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sommervr For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd June 2018), Noelle (22nd June 2018), onevoice (22nd June 2018), Orph (22nd June 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    United States Avalon Member Valerie Villars's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,435 times in 2,846 posts

Default Re: Cool dream, slightly illustrative and disturbing

I think that was your lower, base nature being represented as the basement. That's from my own experience. It seems we must overcome those places in order to cleanse ourselves and move "up". Down there can be very scary and we have to confront it and clear it before we can move on.
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone when we are uncool." From the movie "Almost Famous""l "Let yourself stand cool and composed before a million universes." Walt Whitman

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valerie Villars For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd June 2018), Noelle (22nd June 2018), onevoice (22nd June 2018), Orph (22nd June 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States On Sabbatical
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,332 times in 1,632 posts

Default Re: Cool dream, slightly illustrative and disturbing

Interesting dream, and thanks for sharing it. My immediate thoughts were that the dream was telling you something about reality, that the basement may signify this 3D reality that we find ourselves in.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Noelle For This Post:

Michelle Marie (22nd June 2018), onevoice (22nd June 2018), Orph (22nd June 2018)

+ Reply to Thread