+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Words that Define the Opposite of Evil

1. Link to Post #1
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,392 times in 3,448 posts

Default Words that Define the Opposite of Evil

I have had a distinctly hard time finding words that represent the opposite of evil. I have noticed the english language has a massive litany of words to describe corruption, which may have been a result of corruption in the British Empire inspiring words to define it. I have not been able to find a word that sums up the opposite of evil in a whole fashion as the word evil sums up itself.

What I'd like to find is an exact word that means the opposite of evil, other than the metaphor 'light'. I do not mean specifics like altruism or activism (two of the best words I have found). Does anyone have a good enough vocabulary for this? Or does it not exist yet...

Some of the words that are components of the opposite of evil that i use/have found:

* altruism
    * activism
    * de-occultism
    * nemesis
    * truth
    * disillusionment
    * integrity
    * irreproachable

None of these words sum up every action opposite to evil.

Phrases:

* pure intent
    * God's Armor (yes i like the God terms even as an atheist)
    * God's Soldier
    * the light's darkness
    * shill destroyer
    * shadow government heretic
    * shadow government blasphemy
    * shadow government nemesis
    * nemesis of evil
    * counter darkness

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

Alx (5th July 2018), Baby Steps (4th July 2018), Bill Ryan (4th July 2018), Billy (4th July 2018), crosby (4th July 2018), drneglector (4th July 2018), Jayke (4th July 2018), justntime2learn (4th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), Noelle (4th July 2018), petra (24th July 2018), Sophocles (4th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018), what is a name? (5th July 2018)

3. Link to Post #2
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Default Re: Words that Define the Opposite of Evil

Benevolent

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

crosby (4th July 2018), Jayke (4th July 2018), justntime2learn (5th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), Noelle (4th July 2018), Omni (4th July 2018)

5. Link to Post #3
    United States Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,798 times in 2,657 posts

Good. Sweet. True.
    I know they sound simple, but they are the words I use.
    warmest,
    crosby.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crosby For This Post:

Ivanhoe (5th July 2018), Jayke (4th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), NancyV (5th July 2018), Noelle (4th July 2018), Omni (4th July 2018), petra (24th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

7. Link to Post #4
    Great Britain Avalon Member Baby Steps's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,663 times in 1,521 posts

This is a very deep question, very important, and not to be taken lightly.

Perhaps, not a great starting point, but I start with a judgement. That the process of life and the universe is a growing, positive benign process in its essence.

From there one arrives at 'HARMONY'
    we have subcontracted the business of healing people to Companies who profit from sickness.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Baby Steps For This Post:

crosby (4th July 2018), Jayke (4th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), Noelle (4th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

9. Link to Post #5
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

Evil is ‘live’ spelled backwards. Evil seeks to harm or corrupt life, the opposite of evil would therefore nourish and support life. What words and actions make you feel most alive? And not just alive in an egoic thrillseeking sense, but alive in a way that also supports those around you and life on the planet as a whole?

The list of words could really be endless once you start to answer those questions.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

crosby (5th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), Noelle (4th July 2018), Omni (4th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

11. Link to Post #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,557 times in 5,028 posts

Quote Posted by Omni (here)
    I have had a distinctly hard time finding words that represent the opposite of evil. I have noticed the english language has a massive litany of words to describe corruption, which may have been a result of corruption in the British Empire inspiring words to define it. I have not been able to find a word that sums up the opposite of evil in a whole fashion as the word evil sums up itself.

What I'd like to find is an exact word that means the opposite of evil, other than the metaphor 'light'. I do not mean specifics like altruism or activism (two of the best words I have found). Does anyone have a good enough vocabulary for this? Or does it not exist yet...

Some of the words that are components of the opposite of evil that i use/have found:

* truth

* integrity

Phrases:

* pure intent
    I like things to be clear and simple. No evil, Truth, integrity, a!ong with pure intent for the betterment of all.
    says it all for me.
    When you express from a fearful heart in the now moment, You create a fearful future.
    When you express from a loving heart in the now moment, You create a loving future.

Have no fear, Be aware and live your lives journey from a compassionate caring nurturing heart to manifest a compassionate caring nurturing future. Billyji

Peace

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Billy For This Post:

crosby (5th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), Omni (4th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

13. Link to Post #7
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Billy (here)

* truth

* integrity

Phrases:

* pure intent
    I like things to be clear and simple. No evil, Truth, integrity, a!ong with pure intent for the betterment of all.
    says it all for me.
    I agree.

So far i think these 3 words are the closest in being the opposite of evil:

* altruism
    * truth
    * integrity

RE: words

Benevolence: Not every act in opposition to evil is benevolent.

Good: Good is a nice word for it but what if it's better than good? (I often do refer to the old adage of good vs. evil).

Life: Living is what evil beings do also, so that cannot be the direct polar opposite of evil in one word I feel.

All good suggestions but I'm starting to think there isn't an English word for it. Maybe there is some longer word that nobody uses in some old English dictionary.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

crosby (5th July 2018), Jayke (5th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

15. Link to Post #8
    Avalon Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,056 times in 2,419 posts

Love, love, love.

All there is, is love.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Satori For This Post:

Baby Steps (5th July 2018), Blacklight43 (4th July 2018), crosby (5th July 2018), Jayke (5th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018), what is a name? (5th July 2018), Zanshin (22nd July 2018)

17. Link to Post #9
    Albania Avalon Retired Member
    Language
    Albanian
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,899 times in 467 posts

Benevolence: Not every act in opposition to evil is benevolent.
    It look like a simple word but I think its the exact explanation of the oposite of evil. If the act is oposite to evil than it really is benevolent, because benevolent means doing things with good intention. If someone acts with good intention than he is a benevolent, but anyway it doesn't mean he knows the absolute truth or absolute reality, he may be wrong in doing things from another prespective, but his intentions are good, that mean he is on the oposite of evil. Being benevolent or evil is refered to his primary intention, someone doing an evil act, may turn into right thing without his knowledge, but he is still an evil being, because the intention were evil. The same thing may happent to a benevolent being.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Eagle Eye For This Post:

crosby (5th July 2018), Jayke (5th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), NancyV (5th July 2018), petra (24th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

19. Link to Post #10
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,833 times in 1,617 posts

You could always consult a bible omni, the theologians were rather keen on the word ‘Holy’.

Quote holy. holier; holiest. 1 : exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one perfect in goodness and righteousness.
    Must be a few others the bible used to set up the great battle between god and the serpent of corruption. How did the genesis story describe the garden of Eden before the concept of evil arrived on the scene?

Sacrosanct, inviolate, unimpeachable.

PS isn’t your avatar the symbol of the laws of ma’at, as in the 42 laws of ma’at? Must be several good words to cherry pick among those.

Last edited by Jayke; 5th July 2018 at 00:09.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jayke For This Post:

crosby (5th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), NancyV (5th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

21. Link to Post #11
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,445 times in 8,541 posts

I believe that all evil is primarily a result or side effect from a restricted ... Experience? Perception? View? Knowledge? I am grasping for the right word here, but "evil" is primarliy associated with "Ego" which always has a restricted view - looking in the "immediate" for self service. So the word I choose for this exercise is:

Omniscient.
    When you are one step ahead of the crowd, you are a genius.
    Two steps ahead, and you are deemed a crackpot.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DeDukshyn For This Post:

Ivanhoe (5th July 2018), Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), petra (24th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

23. Link to Post #12
    United States Deactivated
    Thanks

* altruism
    * activism
    * de-occultism
    * nemesis
    * truth
    * disillusionment
    * integrity
    * irreproachable

Phrases:

* pure intent
    * God's Armor (yes i like the God terms even as an atheist)
    * God's Soldier
    * the light's darkness
    * shill destroyer
    * shadow government heretic
    * shadow government blasphemy
    * shadow government nemesis
    * nemesis of evil
    * counter darkness

Why would you describe occultism as evil?

It only means something hidden

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zak247 For This Post:

Mark (Star Mariner) (5th July 2018), Michelle Marie (5th July 2018), petra (24th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

25. Link to Post #13
    Thanks

Quote Posted by Zak247 (here)
    Why would you describe occultism as evil?

It only means something hidden
    Occultism is synonymous to evil. Evil has to hide the truth to keep it's whole scheme going, that is where occultism comes in. The opposite of evil practices de-occultism, meaning revealing the truth. The truth and awareness are prime enemies of evil.

¤=[Post Update]=¤

Quote Posted by Jayke (here)
    PS isn’t your avatar the symbol of the laws of ma’at, as in the 42 laws of ma’at? Must be several good words to cherry pick among those.
    42 laws of Maat are part of Maat ideology but that isn't what it represents to me.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

NancyV (5th July 2018), petra (24th July 2018)

27. Link to Post #14
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,089 times in 20,639 posts

Hey Omni, I wonder if you have watched Dark Journalist's X series, and if so, what you think about people in "Mystery Schools" such as he describes who have studied occultism out of what they consider to be altruistic motivations, and who kept their knowledge secret because they believed it would be misunderstood and/or misused by the mainstream. See:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ulVCX6LZvw2Odw
    I've found the series to be very informative, though I'm not sure I really agree with DJ's conclusions.
    Each breath a gift...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

NancyV (5th July 2018), Omni (5th July 2018), Zanshin (22nd July 2018)

29. Link to Post #15
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    Hey Omni, I wonder if you have watched Dark Journalist's X series, and if so, what you think about people in "Mystery Schools" such as he describes who have studied occultism out of what they consider to be altruistic motivations, and who kept their knowledge secret because they believed it would be misunderstood and/or misused by the mainstream. See:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ulVCX6LZvw2Odw
    I've found the series to be very informative, though I'm not sure I really agree with DJ's conclusions.
    Even the concept of occultism is occulted. Occultism is a system evil installed on this planet from what I have seen. I do recognize that some knowledge should be hidden, for example bomb schematics or microwave heart attack gun blueprints and things with similar mechanisms. However I do not agree with the culture of hiding things or secrecy, nor do I think the spiritualism of occultism is the truth. One mystery school friend I had I later figured out was being handled by the military & intel community with an Ai generated set of Archangels.

From what I understand lower level occultists and perhaps these light occultists you speak of are bombarded with hi-tech illusions and enhancing. There is a thought reactive weapons system within their minds when they do things like rituals or energy work. I see it as parlor trick, something so incredibly immersive (the limits of consciousness) that people cannot fathom it's deception.

Even if there is a light occultism (which I have not seen a bar-none legitimate version of yet that passes my bull**** meter), overall occultism is largely evil in my opinion. Kind of like how nuclear bombs are largely evil, but still have some positive aspects to their existence (e.g. one source having nukes stops another source from nuking).
    Last edited by Omni; 5th July 2018 at 05:11.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

NancyV (5th July 2018), Noelle (5th July 2018), onawah (5th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

31. Link to Post #16
    United States Avalon Member onawah's Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 116,089 times in 20,639 posts

The mystery schools Dark Journalist is covering in the X series began back in the 1800s with people such as the Theosophists, Annie Besant, Alice Bailey, Madam Blavatsky, etc. on through to Rudolf Steiner and the founding of Anthroposophy.
    They were reportedly aware of technology from Atlantis. DJ progresses in the X series up to the present day, covering how and to whom that knowledge was passed along , culminating with the more recent passage of info to Trump's uncle, the Bushes, etc.
    The early group was not so much involved in ritual, etc. I think, but they were using very psychic young women as channelers of information, and I think some of the work they did, such as Steiner's, was quite positive; though he actually broke away from the larger group at some point, he was definitely influenced by the Theosophists.
    Each breath a gift...

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to onawah For This Post:

Noelle (5th July 2018), Omni (5th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

33. Link to Post #17
    Thanks

Quote Posted by onawah (here)
    The mystery schools Dark Journalist is covering in the X series began back in the 1800s with people such as the Theosophists, Annie Besant, Alice Bailey, Madam Blavatsky, etc. on through to Rudolf Steiner and the founding of Anthroposophy.
    They were reportedly aware of technology from Atlantis. DJ progresses in the X series up to the present day, covering how and to whom that knowledge was passed along , culminating with the more recent passage of info to Trump's uncle, the Bushes, etc.
    The early group was not so much involved in ritual, etc. I think, but they were using very psychic young women as channelers of information, and I think some of the work they did, such as Steiner's, was quite positive; though he actually broke away from the larger group at some point, he was definitely influenced by the Theosophists.
    Thanks for the new knowledge. I do not find Blavatsky to be an agent of truth or those in the same sphere of information. I deny that type of occultism as positive, even if it does have some positive elements.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Omni For This Post:

NancyV (5th July 2018), Noelle (5th July 2018), onawah (5th July 2018)

35. Link to Post #18
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,316 times in 2,099 posts

Add kindness, joy and serenity to your list also; they have nothing to do with evil.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franny For This Post:

Omni (5th July 2018), Valerie Villars (5th July 2018)

37. Link to Post #19
    Scotland Avalon Member what is a name?'s Avatar
    Thanks

IMHO

Evil - Love
    Light - Dark
    Masculine - Feminine
    Good - Bad
    Negative - Positive

All above are dualities which in turn are all energies, which in turn are all required for our 3rd dimension/density to operate - in this our learning dimension.

Learning to blend these energies of opposites, vesica piscis, will move you 'up' and gives you the understanding that everyone is composed of negative - positive energies. Now the blending and balancing part....only you can do it for you.
    Attached Images  

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to what is a name? For This Post:

NancyV (5th July 2018), Noelle (5th July 2018), Zanshin (22nd July 2018)

39. Link to Post #20
    Administrator Mark (Star Mariner)'s Avatar
    Language
    English
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,494 times in 4,309 posts

First you'd have to define precisely what you mean by "evil". Is it an adjective or a noun? Is it an action, a concept, or a state of mind? As you say Omni, as an umbrella term it spreads very wide indeed. As such, you'd be hard pressed to find a single catch-all opposite term. You could just lump evil under 'immorality', and so call its opposite 'morality'. But that wouldn't cut it either.

Personally, I don't view evil as technically being 'a thing' anyway. When viewed through a metaphysical lens it's really the absence of a thing, namely love and positivity. The greater the absence of positivity the more disconnected from Self, and the God energy, a being becomes. It tends to compensate for this by feeding off the energy of those who are positive. The more extreme the absence, the more extreme the compensation. It will take the form of abuse, murder, cruelty, tyranny - every kind of depravity. (That's a complex human drama that's been playing out for millennia, and would be a thread in itself.)

But not everything has a strict opposite, because not everything is duality. You could not for example ask 'what is the opposite of a frying pan'?

The way I look at it is to picture a scale of positivity to negativity, light to dark, with grey in between. Love, joy, benevolence, etc is into the far light/positive. Everything we might view as evil - into the other direction - is not so much a degradation of love, joy, and benevolence, it's just the increasing absence of it. This 'state' I'd simply call negativity of a greater or lesser degree.
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
    ~ Jimi Hendrix

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark (Star Mariner) For This Post:

DeDukshyn (5th July 2018), Jayke (5th July 2018), NancyV (5th July 2018), Omni (5th July 2018), Zanshin (22nd July 2018)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast